Old 10-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #46  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

I wasn't going to post because I wrote such a long post yesterday, but your list of advice was so great, Ms. Meri, I had to say, "Thanks for posting it."

Lauren, twinsies again. I ate a lot yesterday, too. I'd had too many days of pickup meals. Good food, but not really satisfying. So, yesterday I ate a lot more than I usually do. I managed to stay within points and still have enough weekly points left to handle any unexpected stuff, but it was tough. Here's a few . I hope today is better.

Hey, Cherry, Lauren's got good advice. Beating ourselves up only makes the problem worse. Even if you can only do one thing each day, do that, and take joy in that success. Celebrating every little success helps us be more successful in the future. The cycle of paying attention to what we did wrong, and then getting discouraged about it and thinking, "What's the use? I just mess up anyway," is a hard one to break.

Keep on turtlin'!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
You are all the best!
to Bandit to attending an inspiring session and being ready to really go for the gusto~ Good luck with your TOPS. I think you're going to be winning more awards in these next months to goal.

As far as a challenge, I'd like to set one up for Thanksgiving (USA) if anyone would like to join in:
1. I'd like to aim for 187 by Thanksgiving
2. To get there, I'll stay within points each day and go extra light on Mondays and Tuesdays.
3. I'd do my toning DVD 5X week and my 3x week.

Anybody want to join in?

Cherry, we all you. Be kind to yourself. Remember that when the little ones get sick, it's hard to stay on track so go into survival mode and be as kind to yourself as you can. Drink plenty of water, watch out for the extra-high point foods, and know this will pass.

Lin,
So glad to hear that Paul's starting a new job. What a relief!! I'm proud of him and happy for you that this has come about. I think it's so cute that you can get out of your clothes without undoing them. Yeah, a new size pants might be a lovely boost to everything you're feeling right now. It;s great that you're in 1X top for now. Weigh to go!

MsMeri, terrific guidelines and suggestions. And to have you in an XL shirt is wonderful. You are so close to onederland. What an amazing journey you've had so far. Weigh to go!

Lauren, isn't it interesting how an eating day just comes about to us? Here we are, counting points, eating healthy, and doing all the right things for ourselves and hormones or the eating monster pays us a visit. Not fun, but I'm glad you're dealing with it.

I, like you have been getting rid of clothes as fast as I can. I've been shopping sales and right now I have the barest minimum of clothes in my closet. When I put on an outfit or a shirt that's too large, I check it out and realize I'm not doing myself any favors by wearing those clothes. I am thrilled that I am into some 16's (especially a 16W petite). I was a 20 for so long that I had an extensive wardrobe. Now that those clothes are gone, I'm feeling mighty good about myself. Today I lost another .8# at my WW WI and I finally hit 40# down. This is a very good feeling. I've been a WW member for soooooooo long and the least weight at WW's within the last 12 years was 200# (which I would promptly go right back up from). This year I finally made a good start toward goal and I keep telling myself I will never see 200# on the scale again. :

Anyway, I love hearing from you all. Princess, if you're reading, please let us know how you're doing.
Gotta run but and and and to us all!
Judy
234.6/194.4/190 and deeper into onederland!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Cherry - sorry to hear your children are sick, that is always stressful. Take care of yourself & try to do one thing different each day. Good luck.

Judy - you are really doing amazing. Congrats at the scales!

Lin/Lauren - sounds like you have things under control. So nice when clothes get too big. Good for you.

As for myself, I was down 2# last night & was soooooo happy about that.
I got in my 2 walks & stayed OP & it showed at the scale.
Really going to try and keep my focus and not get sidetracked.
But it is hard when you socialize, but I just have to make better choices

Tonight I have a date with the fellow I went out on his boat awhile back. He
is taking me to shoot pool (my idea) so that should be interesting. Lately, my lady friends have been meeting fellows who play pool, so they want to learn. So, I thought this guy should show me the ropes & I can pass on to my ladies group.

Lets all have a great OP week!!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #49  
Chick

Bandit, have fun on your date. In the meantime,
and
for getting back on track and exercising and having such a :
Weigh to go!
Judy
234.6/194.4/190 and deeper into onederland
Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #50  

Hi ladies. Thanks for all the hugs and support.

Judy- thanks so much for the support. You are doing so well. i know it must be great to finally be under 200 pounds. I haven't weighed under 200 hundred pounds since i got married almost 6 yrs ago now. That is a wonderful milestone.

LinS- I know i need to work on the positive thinking. I know beating myself only makes the situation worse.

Bandit-yay great loss.

Princess-hope things are going well

Msmeri- Thanks for the helpfull guidelines.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #51  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Everyone,

Today's weigh inwas fantastic! Another 1.5, which is 10% of my original weight, according to the WW online tracker. It's not 10% of the weight on my ticker because the WW includes a trial I did a couple of months before I officially restarted. Anyway, it's .5 away from my first goal. I feel like I'm on .

Although yesterday turned out to be a bigger challenge than I'd expected, everything turned out OK and I still had weekly points left over. We went to a restaurant we haven't been to for a while and they've cut the quality of their food. And they're making up for it by adding additional fat. So, that ended up being higher points than I wanted to spend, but, fortunately, not over the limit. When my available points go down, this will be a lot harder to deal with. But since they go down gradually, I'll have time to adjust.

Judy, good challenge for you. What I want to do between now and Thanksgiving is to keep on eating within my points and getting enough exercise. I think that's my whole goal for this entire journey. I know I'll need to adjust what the specifics of achieving those things are as I lose weight, but basically that's my plan. I don't worry about the water or even eating the health goals because those I do automatically, although I do fill out those sections on the WW tracker. I need to keep track of my hunger, though. So I'll add that to my list--filling out the hunger meter on the online tracker. And making sure I get in my supplements, mainly the calcium, since osteoperosis runs in my family.

Bandit, ! You're doing great these days. I hope your date went well.

Cherry, it's so nice to have you posting. I always wonder how it's going when you're gone for a while, although with your busy schedule, it's not surprising that you don't have a lot of time to post.

Keep on turtlin'!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #52  
Chick

Cherry, always good to see you posting. Remember, you've got lots of buddies here. Thanks for the praise about getting into onederland. I've been over 200# for longer than I can remember. I honestly think it's been about 15 years. If you had asked me in January of2009 would I be able to break 200# this year, I couldn't have told you yes. I have no idea what has prompted me to take WW's seriously this year and to exercise and eat well (and even to allow myself to be a little hungry once in a while). All I know is that I kept on trying and finally it clicked and it's working and I'm losing weight. I hope the same happens for you------here's to that "click" that allows us all to lose weight.

Lin, holy moly!!!!!! what a wonderful weekly loss!!! :
I love your goals and I like that so much of the good stuff you do is automatic. Yay! Those are all those good habits that you've incorporated into your eating style that are just there! Weigh to go.

I've had my dinner and I've had a very low point day. i started with fiber one cereal and a banana and milk. I shopped through my hunger and came home to have a salad with two ounces of Boars Head turkey (one point). What is helping me tremendously is that I'm so busy (like all of us) and I think it was MsMeri who suggested making up a huge salad to last a few days and to have it ready. I've done this many times now and it gets me over the thinking that I "should" have a salad, but I'm too hungry to make one. I'll eat something else. So-------whoever deserves credit, thanks for the idea of making up a salad with all the goodies in it and having it ready to go! Gotta run. Tomorrow we're having a big (35 guests) Halloween party and it should be lots of fun. I'll have to watch the food, but I know I can do this.
Judy
234.6/194.4/190 and deeper into onederland
Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!

I have done pretty good this week & only thing I really had extras was some drinks at my potluck & dance. But hoping still to be down at scale this Wed.
night.

So much leaves to rake. Did 15 bags at my trailer yesterday & still have the house to do!

Have a good one!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #54  
Chick

Bandit, raking all those leaves has to help get you fit and shake off some weight. Weigh to go!

Hey turtles, I'm going to start another thread. See you all at #224 Bale of Turtles Scaring Up A Weight Loss!