Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 10:16 AM   #1  
Turtle Buddy

Default Turtle Club Challenge #1

Step right up and take the Turtle Club Challenge.

All of you who lurk on the regular turtle thread are welcome to join our challenge. So is anyone who read this out of curiosity and want to challenge yourself.

The general consensus was that we all need to meet our point range goals. (Except Erin, who needs to meet her revised point goals. )

So here's the challenge:

To eat within our point range, including banked and activity points every day between July 21 and September 1.

(Lauren, I set it at the day before Labor Day so we could start a new challenge on Sunday and make things even. I like asymmetry, but not in this case. )

Write a post accepting the challenge, if you want to play along. Then post your challenge progress in this thread, daily or weekly, whichever works for you.

Looking forward to seeing all those successful posts.

I'll start us off by officially accepting the challenge.

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
Old 07-21-2002, 10:53 AM   #2  

*laugh* Gee, thanks, Lin. Yes! I'm the big eater in the group!

The date is wonderful for me, actually, it's two days before school starts. So basically, the rest of the summer. Cool!

I had a session with a trainer yesterday morning and revised my entire workout. This one's gonna be GOOD, I can feel it already! I'm excited about it. She showed me all new exercises, gave me new suggestions, new ideas to work with, the works.

So. My version of staying on the program is to:

*do 3 Spinning classes and two "something else" cardio workouts a week
*do this new lifting program 4x a week (2 upper, 2 lower days)
*use fitday.com and stay between 2000-2200 calories a day and 30-40% protein

So, I'm in!
Old 07-21-2002, 11:05 AM   #3  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Count me in. I vow to exercise once a week. (Mousie, are you having fun with that one?). I will record all foods, plan ahead to have foods in the house, drink my water, and stay within my points range using banking as it makes sense during these weeks. Thanks for the structure and inspiration.
Judy
Old 07-21-2002, 11:15 AM   #4  

Kathy here...

Count me in........I will stay withing my points, always to record anything that touches my mouth, exercise, bank points, drink my water, and JUST DO IT!!!

Kathy
Old 07-22-2002, 11:37 AM   #5  
Turtle Buddy

Sunday I did great! I'm on track and doing well today.

Question for those who are doing the challenge:

Should I post a new thread to report our progress in each week so it doesn't get pushed off the page or get too long? That seems reasonable to me. OK with everyone if I do it that way?

Good luck with the challenge, everyone.

Lin
Old 07-22-2002, 12:34 PM   #6  

Hi Turtles...

Lin, my vote is yes...post a new thread anytime you think is necessary. We don't want to have to wade thru lots of stuff to see how we are doing. My goal using the tools I told you about, staying within points, drinking water, exercising...I am wanting to at least lose 1 lb a week.

Kathy

205.2/200.4/140
Old 07-22-2002, 10:41 PM   #7  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Nah, I don't much like challenges.

Just kidding. I challenge myself to stay within my points and to work out 3.5 to 5 hours every week.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:28 AM   #8  
Turtle Buddy

Lauren, you crack me up.

I banked 3 points yesterday. Went for a walk. Feeling good about how the challenge is going for me.

Lin
(272/247/242/ final-
Old 07-24-2002, 11:15 AM   #9  
Turtle Buddy

Progress for today--

Banked 6 points yesterday, including activity points. Went for an hour walk.

So, doing fine with the challenge so far.

Lin
(272/247/242/ final-
Old 07-25-2002, 09:15 AM   #10  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Having loads of trouble with my computer right now, but I log in when I can,. Challenge is huge help. It has stopped my weight gain. Soon I hope I'll have a loss. We've been seeing lots of our kids lately and instead of eating out this last time, I planned ahead and made an impossibly easy veggie pie, my version of WW's spanish rice, and LF SF pudding with blueberries. I did this so we wouldn't have to eat out again. It worked and it helped me keep on track even though dh barbecued, I had a modest sized hamburger and a FF hot dog and split the bun. YAY!!
Keep on keeping on.

235/228/140
Old 07-25-2002, 10:44 AM   #11  
Turtle Buddy

Still OP. Ate closer to the top yesterday, only banking 1 point.

Right on track, except I never got out for a walk yesterday. Today I'll get out there, I'm sure.

Lin
(272/247/242/ final-
Old 07-25-2002, 03:55 PM   #12  

I am doing, well, been banking points all week, and prob used them yesterday. It was my anniversary. Ate lightly at breakfast and lunch and enjoyed my dinner. Brought the 1/2 steak home which I will eat later. Enjoyed it greatly. Morning scale still going down. Will look forward to Sat weigh in.

Kathy/miata
Old 07-26-2002, 10:28 AM   #13  
Turtle Buddy

I'm still OP. Banked a few more points yesterday. I haven't weighed myself yet this week. I'm staying off the scale except for my regular weigh in. That always seems to work best for me.

Lin
(272/247/242/ final-
Old 07-27-2002, 11:58 AM   #14  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

I was feeling a little extra hungry last night, so I used a few banked points at dinner. It was well within my limit, so I'm still OP.
This challenge has really got me going.

Lin
(272/247/242/final -
Old 07-27-2002, 04:07 PM   #15  

Hi...well my idea of drinking water to get rid of my dehydration did not go as planned!!! I gained .4 lbs..Now I was kinda upset but then I figured that was just 1/4 of a lb and if you think of it, that is only 4 oz...I know for a fact I drank more than 4 oz of water, thinking that would realease any fullness. Funny hun. Well tht is ok..i am still on for the challange..

I have a new thing I need to do today..Today is a going away bbq....My goal is to enjoy myself, watch what I eat, stay away from piles of salads with mayo, I may have a tlb of it but not like I usta...I am very excited aboutgoing, and when we come home, I will continue cleaning up my quilt room so when I go in there I can breath. I start hyperverntilating when ever I go in there. Isn't that awful. I cleared outlots of stuff, It will take hours and hours to clean it but I am willing to take the time, At least some of the stuff is out of there, and now I can move around.

See ya all later..

Kathy/miata
Closed Thread