Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 07:00 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Thursday's Daily Thread

Just getting the thread started! will come back and post later.
took me forever to get into work cos of tube strikes (basically no underground service). bus took ages to arrive, was packed to bursting and traffic was slow. no idea how i'll get home tonight.
i did bring in the pics from lolly's wedding but i don't know how much time i'll have to get to the scanner today. prob won't post them till tomorrow. but i will do it!
ooh, one more thing. last night i had the ultimate dessert. raspberry cheesecake brulee. like a normal cheesecake but with the crispy brulee bit on top. it was yummy. but i hate to think of the points!!
ok. hello to all. will reply to yesterday's posts later. gotta do some work (don't they realise i just come in here for the internet connection...)
kirsty
Old 07-18-2002, 08:43 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Kirsty OR afternoon b/c it is 1:30 ish there i'm working on lil or no sleep from last night and sipping my protien shake gingerly (note to sel ffruit juice and soy protien powder are not good friends) tommorrow night i'm goign to a dinner at my friends house and well its her brothers dinner full of and i quote young professionals and phd students she said dress in something you'll pull in lol Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match! back to work for a bit i will bbl
Kier
Old 07-18-2002, 08:44 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Morning, Kirsty!

...and everyone else that's sure to post soon. I will have to come back later, when the kiddo is asleep and answer each post from yesterday (and wow, that's going to be a project!) but here's a quick good morning. For those of you interested in steamed veggies, Pampered Chef is offering microwave veggie steamers. My sister got me one for Christmas (a bit belated...) and it arrived the other day, and I've made lots in it...every frozen veggie they've got and even those frozen little corn on the cobbie things. It's really easy to clean up too because it's just plastic, so everything rinses right off. More later....
Old 07-18-2002, 08:46 AM   #4  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Morning, Kier...we were posting at the same time...youa re too funny, your posts always make me laugh!
Old 07-18-2002, 08:53 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Morning Kirsty - the dessert sounds awesome. I had dessert last night too.... I've got to get back on track.

Kier - check your private messages! I too love your posts.... they are so witty!

Jayne - thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like you've done an amazing job with your weight in spite of all the circumstances. You're my hero!

So - went to a cook out at a co-workers last night... wasn't too bad. I had grilled chicken and a veggie shishkabob plus green beans. I didn't even touch the macaroni salad or the potato salad although I did have a poundcake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream. I need to get into FULL GEAR NOW. I'm going out with friends tonight and my goal is DIET COKE DIET COKE DIET COKE.

Lisa
Old 07-18-2002, 09:12 AM   #6  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Yawn

Not much to talk about this morning, but I wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone... Tonight's the big WI night, crossing fingers. Hopefully all will go well, even though I had that "Day O' Chocolate" on Sunday.

Kirsty--Yummy, raspberry cheesecake brulee... It makes the Fruit Loops I'm eating right now pale in comparison...

Kier--Sounds like your dinner tomorrow night is my dream night (if I didn't have BF). Definitely the right type of guys!

Jayne--Thanks for that tidbit about the vegetable steamer from Pampered Chef. A friend of mine sells Pampered Chef, I'll have to look into getting one of those! I still haven't tried steaming any vegetables (it's been stir-fry lately because I've been in such a hurry lately), but hope to get around to it.

Lisa--Hello! You're probably posting right now.

OK, I'm gonna finish up a lesson plan and check back in.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:30 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess - good luck tonight!!! I hope you LOVE your new leader.

Kier - check pm's again.

Alrighty - I had breakfast.... but I'm already hungry. I really don't want to eat my 2-points bar because I usually get really hungry aroun 4:00...AGH!

Lisa
Old 07-18-2002, 09:53 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Ladies -

Thanks so much for all your support yesterday re: the non-job. It really helped. I've much better perspective today - amazing what a manicure (in a vicious shade of fuschia), a night's sleep and a good work-out can to do for frame of mind.

Kirsty - hope getting home isn't too difficult. I can't imagine dealing with a mass transit strike. I'm so American - absolutely addicted to my car.

Kier - have fun at your dinner. May their be plenty of hotties to flirt with. And as they others mentioned, your posts always make me smile.

Jayne - You eat those minature corn on the cobs!?! I don't know whether to be impressed or reviled - those things FRIGHTEN me!

Lisa - who could resist strawberries with vanilla ice cream? I know I couldn't. Have fun out with your friends tonight - and may you too have plenty of fine figures of the male persuasion to flirt with.

Jess - good luck with WI tonight. I'm really hoping that you connect with your new leader.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I don't have time to reply to all of yesterdays posts but must do something to earn this paycheck they're paying me.

Laura
Old 07-18-2002, 09:56 AM   #9  
KS pride-Seminole country

Red face Good Morning!

Hello all

Kirsty -- do tube strikes happen often? I can't imagine, that's got to be just horrid over there. One day while we were staying at the Earl's Court station, they closed it for repairs and it totally made chaos. Having to take the bus was too much complications for me! But riding on top was still exciting

Jayne-- veggie steamers are the best. Christmas in July? WEll, gifts are appreciated any time of year. This creation sounds much better than my little metal steamer that tends to always have pieces of broccoli stuck in it!

Lisa -- well look at it this way, it would've been much worse if you had the macaroni salad, potato salad and the pound cake! good job for resisting that! YOu can get back on track, you obviously know what you're doing!

Jess -- good luck with WI! The day of chocolate was a few days ago, at least it wasn't this morning! (that's the trouble I ran into... d'oh!)

Well, for the past 20 hours I've literally ate, drank, and slept my statistics class. IT's killing me, but the test comes tomorrow and then its' done for the weekend! I feel pretty strong on it, but it's so many rules, equations, and just stuff that shouldn't even be invented.
After class my eyes literally go

I just looked up the aerobics schedule at the school gym, and there are so many options. I went to Yoga on Tuesday night, and although it was a good workout, I couldn't help but feel slightly like a fool. I just wasn't strong enough to hold myself up in some positions, or keep myself in the push-up position without my entire body shaking. But, I'd have to say I never saw my body stretched in some of those positions before! I actually saw the bottom of my foot in a way I never have!

Well, I must get back home.. roommate needs the parking pass. What's in line today? study sessions, review questions, and branding this in my head just a tad more. AFter this, I"m off to Tampa for the weekend. Woohoo

OKay, I can't remember who asked.. but yes, I"m in Tallahassee.

WEll girls, have a great day, and I'll be posting later!

Lucy:
Old 07-18-2002, 10:18 AM   #10  

Default Bloat...

Hi guys-I am here-thanks for all of the support yesterday-those 4 pounds were still there this morning though...however, TOM is due any day and I could barely get my rings on, so some of it has to be fluid....don't have a lot of time to write today..but hi to all! To those of you in London-is the tube strike all over the UK or just in London? I heard about it on NPR today-what a drag...
Jess-Good luck at WI...hi to everyone else!
Old 07-18-2002, 10:22 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default Its WI today!! GASP

Well, I missed last week, and today is WI day. I stepped on the homescale today, it said 2 down, but mornings are always lighter. Plus, I am on this HORRIBLE TOM and even my clothes feel a bit tighter! I am really debating...to go or not to go, that is the question....

Kirsty...mmmmm....cheescake.......I heard the carrot cake calling last night and resisted. However, it was so hot I did eat about 4 Freezees, but they are only 1pt for 2.

Kier - Myoplex is a protein powder drink for bodybuilding. The body for life program recommends you drink about 3/day or something like that for men.

Hi Jayne!!

Lisa - I am proud of you - the potatoe salad gets me every time. I love it. I'll eat it first at a BBQ, before even the meat!!

Hi Jess....!

Well, I should get my butt to work. My boss is gone today and my tummy is still upset, so I was thinking of staying home but the truth is, I'd rather feel crummy at work and frequent the bathroom in the air conditioning than go home to the apt and die in the 33C heat (more inthe apt I think!)

And tonite I am going for a haircut. I always feel good after one. I haven't cut my hair in 3 months, so its getting long and its all one length at the back. I want to keept the length, add a few long layers. I usually cut it shoulder length, so we'll see....

I'll let you know if I WI today ($26 - GASP)

Belle
Old 07-18-2002, 10:25 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Lucy - I HATED Stats!! I got a B in it but I didnt' understand what the **** I was doing, but it was mandatory to graduate from university of calgary, so I took it. Good luck with that!!

Laura - WEll, at least you have a job right now, I thought you were unemployed - that's good!! Keep looking, it'll happen soon.

Lori - I am in your boat today girl! My rings are tight too....damn bloating from TOM!!!

OH I saw Mr. Deeds last night. A bit cheesey, but I howled. lI love Adam Sandler.....
Old 07-18-2002, 11:08 AM   #13  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry Hi!

I don't have much time, but I wanted to say that I will be posting the details of the running challenge either later today or tomorrow. It is going to start Sunday and go for 8 weeks. I will have details for both beginners (can't run for more than a few minutes at a time) and people interested in training for a 5K. It will involve running 3 times a week, so hopefully everyone that wants to join will be able to stick with it. I figure I will post an update every week to let everyone know where they should be.

Speaking of running, I used my treadmill last night because it is so humid here that I couldnt' bear running outside. Well, I ended up running for 70 minutes, which is more than I have ever done! It just felt so good, so I kept going! Of course I am a bit tired today...

Belle - I saw Mr. Deeds last week! It was a bit cheesy, but I also love Adam Sandler! I actually met him at a bar when I was in college and had a beer with him!! I even have a picture with him!(hmmm... we both love Larry Mullen and Adam Sandler?!)

Hello to everyone else. I'll try to post more later.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Jen

Well, we both have damn good taste it would seem! Can you scan and post your pic of you and Adam!! Wow, that is SO COOL!!!
Old 07-18-2002, 12:09 PM   #15  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Is it Friday yet?

Today just has a friday flavor to it in my office. Tomorrow is going to be a huge diappointment.

Lucy - I loved stats - good luck on your test - actually, with all your studying, you won't need my good luck! Your first yoga practice sounds like mine. Trust me - you get stronger and the yoga gets better.

Hi Lori - def. water retention. Hang in there.

Belle - go to WI at least you'll know where you stand. I love getting my haircut too - especially the part where she massages my scalp mmm.... And you're right, I'm blessed that I do have a job and by extension a paycheck.

Jen - 70 minutes of running. Wow! I can't even imagine running for that long. I'm really looking forward to your running programs. One of my friends is going to Chicago this fall to run a marathon. Have you ever run a marathon or the mini-marathon in Indy?

So remember my whole Christian/Sean thing? Well, I've kinda been hanging out with that crowd but always in groups 'cuz I don't want to encourage Christian and I can't work up the courage to speak to Sean. So anyway, My birthday is coming up and I really wanted to go to an amusement park (LOVE roller coasters). A girlfriend and I were going to go and Christian wanted to come along but roller coasters are always better in even pairs so Christian invited Sean......because Christian thinks that Sean and my girlfriend ought to hook up.......this has all the makings of a disaster. We're not even talking love triangles anymore more like octagons!
Closed Thread