Old 10-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all

Well it's a nice fall day-the sun is out and it's not too cold(not hot either)-I'm going to look at 4 places today-so I'm getting excited-just goes to show that we're never too old to do anything-3 condos and 1 small house-
as for the program-i'm trying to stick to it-I find Saturday is a challenge but that's okay-I'm sticking to it-will go and weigh in on tuesday evening and just hope for the best-
I hope everyone's okay-Tina I hope your move is going well
Tammy, you're an inspiration with all your classes-I have to light a match and getting started doing something

here's to us we're worth it

have a good sunday-I'll let you know how the search went later

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #77  
Thursday Lady

Hi group,
Maureen, I know what you mean about going to see new places. It's lots of fun. We've been so busy lately that we haven't done it. Just as soon as we close on Friday (knock on wood), we'll start up again.
Weekends are always a challenge. We can do this.

Tammy, I'm glad you had fun but sorry you hurt. Did you meet the lady from Arizona online?

Susan, I'm so glad your dad is better.

Jeanne, it sounds like you will have a good job. Just stay far away from those donuts.

Dori, you are busy but you can do this, too.

harlie, you are quiet.

Sis, did you have really bad weather last week? How is your weight loss coming/going?

I ate some bad Chinese for lunch yesterday. It has been ages since I threw up. Boy, that was gross and no fun. Today I'm eating toast and applesauce. My scale is at the apartment or I would've weighed this morning.

I'm going to post that recipe I said was a good crockpot one.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #78  
Thursday Lady

Default Recipe

Crockpot Stuffing and Chicken
Makes 4 servings at 7 pts. each.

I do not remember where this came from. I had printed it out. It is a WW recipe, though.

1 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing
1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
4 bonesless skinless chicken breasts

Mix first three ingredients together (I just did it in the crockpot) place defrosted chicken on top and cook on Low for 7 Hours.

Also, try mixing in a jar of mushrooms.
Enjoy!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #79  

Maureen, can't wait to hear about the places you looked at! Good luck with the program. I got out of the habit of filling in a tracker while I was gone, and I haven't been back into it yet.

Tina, the woman I met in Florida was a friend from high school. Our other friend from high school works at Disney, so the 3 of us had lots of memories to share. We laughed and talked way too much! Yucky to the bad Chinese food! The recipe sounds good! I may have to give that a try when I know Tim can come over to help eat it. lol

I'm heading to the Y, and hopefully I'll be able to do more than I did last week. I am still hurting, and I've had a headache since Friday. I go to the chiropractor later today. I know I'll hurt after I've been to her, but maybe then I'll start feeling better. Tomorrow I get a massage, and I know that will hurt too, but I'll feel better later. I'm being positive that I'm going to feel better!!

Hello to everyone!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 AM   #80  

Good morning everyone
Well, I guess we're never to old to do anything-I put an offer in on a condo-2 bedroom,ground floor about 24 years old-1000 sq feet-all the appliance(not brand new but working) very clean but will need cosmetic surgery-home inspection will be done next wednesday and the realtor is supposed to bring be the papers on the reserve fund of the condo association. If(and I'm sure it will)all goes well it's mine as of 15 January. I already have my brother-in-law lined up to do the painting and to take out the carpeting and install the laminate flooring before I move in-I'll probably move in at the end of january. So another chapter in my life.
Other than that-the daily battle of the weight loss-I didn't go to a meeting but I'm still following the program.

How are you ladies liking the on line program? I joined Richard Simmons and I think it's been a waste of money-but maybe it's different with ww. let me know

have a great day-couldn't wait to let you know about the condo

maureen
Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #81  

Congratulations Maureen!! Sounds great that you are going to be doing things before you move in. We painted before we moved in, and it was so much easier. I've regretted not changing the carpet before we moved in. The people before us had put in carpet a year before, but apparently it was a cheaper carpet because it really hasn't done well. I dread thinking about getting all of the furniture moved to put in new now. It's an exciting time for you!!!

I'm still doing First Place 4 Health and attending meetings on Wednesday nights. I've learned so much through the bible study, but I sure haven't lost as much as I wanted since January. I've taken a couple weeks from tracking the foods, and I'm back to tracking today. I know that I've toned up, and at one point I had lost 20. When the new classes started in September, I gained 5 pounds! Unreal. I'm not giving up on the classes though. I really enjoy them. Even my doctor said he could tell that I had been working out, so that's a good thing. All my blood tests that he ran came back normal, and I've improved in so many areas.

I bought a new winter coat last fall, and I am taking it to the consignment shop as soon as I get another new one. I guess that's my proof that I've changed. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #82  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Maureen, what wonderful news!!!!!! I'm so very happy for you. I wish we could all come see it and help you decorate. That would be a hoot!

The closing on our house was supposed to be tomorrow but it's been put off until next week. With all the mess with mortagaes, Fannie Mae is looking at everything with a fine tooth comb. The buyer is only putting down 5% so they want to be sure everything is okay. I don't understand this. I just want to close and get our money!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #83  

Hi all
Tina I'm sure everything will turn out okay-I think last year we had mentioned something about getting together somewhere-we should think about it. there has to be a central point somewhere that we could meet up. I think it would be fantastic to all meet don't you
I'm going to a singles dance tomorrow evening (over 50) I don't like dancing but I like listening to music-so should be fun-maybe I'll meet some old fellow-Ha!! I'll keep you update.
talk to you soon, be good to yourselves

maureen
Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #84  

Tina, hang in there!! And I agree we should go help Maureen decorate.

Maureen, we have talked about getting together sometime. I would love to!! That's cool that you are going to a singles dance. Let us know how it goes! Also let us know if you meet a dude!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #85  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday!
Maureen, how was the singles dance? We want to hear all the juicey details.
Susan, how is your dad? How is Pat? How is your foot?
Tammy, that is so so great about your weight loss.
Jeanne, how are you??????
Dori, I'm sure you are busy.
harlie, please let us hear from you.
Sis, what's going on?????

Well, everything is out of the house and into storage or the apartment. I had a good cry. It was hard saying goodbye to the house, even though we still own it until next week.
Hey, I'm doing good OP. I can't believe I've been eating the right things lately.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #86  

Tina, when we moved out of our last house, that was the one where we had grown up in, so my brothers and I were there together once after everyone else had gone home. It was pretty emotional, so I can relate!

I have done good with eating the right things too! What's wrong with us?? lol I think I want some popcorn or something now though.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #87  
Susan

Go to the NOVEMBER THREAD!!!

I DID IT!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote