Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #16  

Tina, my classes are going well! I am really enjoying them. I can't go to zumba on Thursday, so I went to water aerobics last night. It was fun to see the old gang. It's mostly the same people from when I took it before.

I can just imagine all the boxes you have! Keeping them light is a great idea.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #17  

Just got home from Zumba. I bought a heart rate monitor over the summer that you have to program with age, weight, etc. The classes this summer I was burning about 350-450 per class. I was thrilled with that. Yesterday at the end of class, it was 485 calories. After Zumba tonight, it said 781 calories! I like that!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #18  
Thursday Lady

hey Tammy, you are going to be so skinny that we won't recognize you! Congratulations on doing so well.

How is everyone else?
I ate too much today. No point counting here. I've been doing so good. I'll get back OP in the morning.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #19  
Susan

Hi,
wow Tammy!!! You are going to be skinny!

Tina, I didn't have a good food day either! Let's just say, if it didn't eat me, I ate it! Tomorrow is a new day!!!!

Oh you asked about my dad. He doesn't sleep more than about 30-45 minutes at a time. Then he gets up and moves. He has a hard time getting up. Both mom and dad use walkers. It's hard watching them!!

School is going good!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #20  

I don't think I'll ever be skinny! I just wish the weight was dropping like I think it should.

I agree that there is always a new day, and we don't need to beat ourselves up if we aren't totally on program a day.

Susan, why does your dad have trouble sleeping? so glad to hear that you are having a good year at school!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #21  
Susan

I don't think I'll ever be skinny either!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #22  
Susan

I don't think I'll ever be skinny either!

Tammy, my dad has Parkinson's as well as being diabetic. He has restless legs too. He gets restless and feels like he can't settle down. It's horrible to watch him because he has such a hard time getting around.

Now, I'm worried that my mom is getting Alzhiemer's. she is forgetting things. She forgot that I was there this weekend. I'm going to check out the symptoms and pass it on to my sisters. I really think we need to get her checked out. My dad is worried too.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #23  

Susan, I knew your dad had Parkinsons and diabetes. I guess my brain wasn't working. Bob had the restless leg stuff too, and I know what a pain that could be at times. I agree that you should talk to your sisters about your mom. Keeping you in prayers!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I'm so sorry about your mother. Yes, please have her tested. There are drugs for that now. Mother's neurologist told us about them. However, Mother's dementia was caused by the stroke and the drug wouldn't have helped her.

Hey, how is everyone else doing?????
Old 09-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #25  

Today is Tim's last EMT class! He is excited not only because he'll be able to take the test and hopefully get hired someplace for an EMT position, but he will have some Saturdays free during the day! It wasn't so bad when he wasn't back to school, but since mid-August he has been back to school 5 days a week.

I'm having a lazy day, and I like it! Slept in, ate breakfast, and haven't done much of anything else. Lauren is here, and she is still snoozing. She stayed up till Tim got home from Arby's last night (about 1:00). He was up and off to class at 7:00.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #26  
Susan

How exciting for Tim!!! How long will it take to get the results of his test? I have no doubt that he will get hired some place close!!!!! How sweet of Lauren staying up for him last night.

I haven't done much today. I got up fed the dogs and went to get my hair colored. Came home and Pat had cleaned and done the wash. I helped him load the car because he has band tonight. It's the club that he won't let me go to, not that I was disappointed about that.

I was planning on going to the gym but never made it. I did do some grocery shopping and got new tennis shoes. I went to the foot doctor on Wed. I don't have to go back to him unless I have problems. They told me I should be the poster child for foot surgery. I just laughed. I did ask about the shoes to wear and they gave me a list of approved shoes. They suggested I get new tennis shoes since that's all I've worn for a long time.

I'm on a get healthy kick! My older sister and I are going to try to lose 10 pounds (she says by Christmas and I want it by tomorrow!) Then when we do, the other one has to by the other one a present. We just like getting presents
Old 09-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #27  

Susan, Tim took one test yesterday, and he tied with another person on the highest grade in the class! Not sure when the "official" test will be that will give him the certificate for the EMT. Hooray to not going back to the foot doctor! I like the idea of the 10 pounds by tomorrow! lol I want that too!

I just bought a different pair of shoes for zumba. I need something that slides better. My others kept getting stuck on the floor, and I was just waiting for my knee to go the wrong direction.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Sis, how are you doing????
Jeanne, is work hectic for you? Have you heard any more about your allergies?
Maureen, how is work?
Dori, you are way too quiet. I'm sure you are very busy with school but we'd love to hear from you.
Tammy, that's great about Tim's score.
If I felt better, I'd take the Zumba class at the local community center.
Susan, good for Pat for washing for y'all. 10 pounds by Christmas sounds very doable.

We put in a bid on a fantastic townhouse. It's a foreclosure and so I hope they'll accept our low bid. We are soooooo excited.
Oh, I think I lost another 1/2 pound, too.

Last edited by Tina; 09-21-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #29  

How exciting about the townhouse!! Let us know as soon as you find out! Another 1/2 pound is great!!

My weight is still the same. It's almost funny, but not really.

Got my hair cut this morning, so maybe I should weigh again? Zumba tonight, aerobics in the morning, and massage tomorrow afternoon.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #30  
Thursday Lady

I'm so upset. The foreclosure deal will not accept contingency contracts. You must show them that you have the money in the bank. Well, duh, we won't have that much until we close on this house.
Our realtor hated like everything to tell us on Monday night. She e-mailed us around 10:30 p.m. when she was doing the paperwork.
October 30th is such a long way off. Surely someone will grab up that townhouse before then.
There will be others but not as super as this one.

Tammy, I'm sure your Zumba and haircut will help you lose weight.

I'm psyched up about weigh-in tomorrow. I just know that I've lost another little bit.

How is everyone doing???????