Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 10:14 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Thumbs down Thursday Chatters

This is the Thursday thread for all those who weigh in and then want to talk.
However, you don't have to weigh on Thursday to talk here!!!
We welcome everyone/anyone to come chat about losing.

A newer member, Karen, had a birthday last week!!!!

How is everyone doing?
Susan said that she'd let us know about Pat's surgery.
I am getting back on the bandwagon tomorrow. I'm going to return to writing in my journal and exercising faithfully.

Take care all.

Tina
140 personal goal.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:20 PM   #2  

Hey Tina! Thanks for starting the new thread. Boy we've been talkative.
I walked this morning, and I hope to walk again later today. It is too hot right now. I don't like heat!
Food and water are good so far. I got out of the habit of journaling and writing points while we were on our trip. Need to get back in the habit. I wrote down all the foods but not points while we were gone.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:49 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

good afternoon,

Tammy--I admire all that walking you are doing!! I got on my exercise bike for 20 min this morning. Then, I went out and planted some grass plugs. It was just too hot and muggy to plant too many of them. I'll go back out in the morning.

I hope Susan let's us know how Pat did during his surgery.

I'm going to bake some chicken breasts for supper. And, I think I'll fix some baked "fried" potatoes. Does anyone make those? I haven't done them in ages.

Kady --how is your weather now?

Sis --How are you doing--how's your mom and brother?

Dee-- Have you recovered from your trip?

Tina
Old 07-01-2002, 07:12 PM   #4  
Susan

Hi All,

I'm home for the evening. I'm exhausted, we got up at 4... had to be at the hospital at 5:30 (it's about 40 minutes from here) Pat's surgery was 2 hours and then 1 1/2 hours in recovery. He was the best thing I ever saw at 11:30. He said he already has relief in his left arm. He is in his neck brace. They got him up and he walked some. I just got home, so I'm making this short, feeding all animals and then most likely taking a nap before bed. He comes home on Wednesday.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I truly appreciate it.

Susan
Old 07-01-2002, 11:14 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I'm so glad the surgery went well. I know it was a relief to see Pat feeling better. Take care of yourself!!!!!

Tina
Old 07-02-2002, 04:06 PM   #6  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Tina,
Mom seems to be doing better right now. Time will tell. No news on brother yet. Scheduled for surgery this month will know more then. Thanks for asking. I just keep my prayers going up. Have a great day!....Sis
Old 07-02-2002, 05:08 PM   #7  
Susan

Hi everyone,

Well, today isn't such a good day for Pat. He was sick during the night and has not had anything today except 1 popcicle. He is sick at his stomach and has a killer migraine. I'm wondering now if he will make it home tomorrow. If he feels this way tomorrow, I don't think he will make it.

I'm home for a short break!
Susan
Old 07-02-2002, 08:08 PM   #8  

Susan, glad Pat's surgery went well, but sorry he got sick. I think that happens often. I hope they don't release him if he is still feeling like that. I brought Bob home the same evening of his surgery. He ended up getting sick here, and I was a mess! Take care, both of you!

I never went for another walk yesterday, but I was up early this morning and went for one. Hubby and son went too! That was nice, even though Bob walks faster than I do. Tim walked with me and we chatted. LOL That's fun too.

Tim is running in a 5K race on the 4th. He's hoping another friend will be going too. The cross country coach encouraged them all to run in races this summer. Since we're encouraging him too, I'm going to pay the registration fee for him. I think he'll appreciate saving his own money!

Did great on food and water today. I've even got points left if I want a snack later. Hope I don't though!! I'll just have to guzzle some water. I've been crampy all day today. May wait until Friday to weigh. Give it an extra day!!!

Prayers are with you and your family.

Take care everyone.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:31 PM   #9  
Susan

Happy Wednesday!!

Well, I picked up Pat this morning. It sure is good to have him home, even though he has been sleeping since 1:00. I go in and check on him and take meds. He needs to get some good sleep!! You know how you sleep in the hospital.

Tammy, hope Tim does well in the race. I wish I could do those, but I guess you have to run some My goal is to be able to walk one next year!!

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th of July. Do ya'll have big plans? We can sit outside in the back and watch the town's firework display. I doubt Pat will go out to watch them.... but I will.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!!
Susan
Old 07-03-2002, 11:07 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,

Susan, I'm so glad you got Pat home and he's doing okay. I hope things keep improving every day.

We aren't going to any fireworks tomorrow night. There are so many people and the parking is attrocious.
Our son is coming over around 5 p.m. We'll have hot dogs, baked beans, a little bit of potato salad and chips. Oh, I got those red and blue chips. They looked so great that I couldn't resist.

I hope we sleep late in the morning. Wow, that'll be nice.

Tammy, I add my hope that Tim does well in the race.

Everyone else----you know your names---- , I hope you have a great 4th of July.

Just remember what a wonderful country we live in.

Tina
Old 07-05-2002, 07:42 AM   #11  

Hi all! I hope you all had a great day yesterday!

It was so hot! Tim's race was interesting to say the least. That is his first time running the 3.1 miles. Last year his races were 2 miles, so he really wasn't sure how to pace himself. Well, the first 2 miles he ran in a little OVER 25 minutes. The last mile he ran in LESS than 8!!! Not very consistent at all. lol The thing was, he still had some energy at the end, so he probably could've kicked it up a bit earlier. I'm just thrilled that he finished without needing a rescue squad!!!

He is enthused about it now, because he has that first one under his belt. It won't surprise me if he enters a couple more races this summer to prepare him for cross country in the fall. He is already talking about running in the Firecracker Run again next year!!

The family reunion was great yesterday. We were able to get pictures (lots of them) of all the different generations that were there. My generation of cousins has 45, but we all weren't there. I wish we could all get together, but we are so spread out it's hard to do.

Well, have a good Friday! I'm heading out in 5 minutes to meet my walking buddies. It's cooler today, so we should be able to last a little longer.

Tammy
Old 07-05-2002, 08:14 PM   #12  
Susan

Hi everyone,

I can't believe that it is already July 5th. Where is summer going? It is hot and humid here!

Tina, are ya'll getting the rain? My folks live in San Antonio.... they say it is horrible down there! Everyone is safe that's the main thing.

Tammy, way to go Tim!!! He did a great job on his run!!! He should be really proud of himself.

Nothing new today. Each day Pat gets a little stronger.

Have a great weekend!
Susan
Old 07-05-2002, 11:17 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,
Susan asked if I was getting rain. No, thank goodness we're not. We had enough last year with Allison. We know some people who are still not in their home yet because of the mold and water damage.
Susan, I was wondering if your family was okay. I'm glad they are.

We had planned on going tubing on the Comal River in another week. Not Now!!!

Good Going, Tim. Wow, was that a fast time!!!

How is everyone else doing?

I've had a sore throat all day. I've drunk 3 diet colas. Nothing else tastes good to me. I shall sleep in tomorrow.

Tina
Old 07-06-2002, 07:07 AM   #14  

Glad Pat is getting along OK. Also glad that your family is safe.

All that rain is scary. We could use some of it here. Our yard is looking pretty bad. So many brown spots.

Tina, take care of that throat! I used to get sore throats all the time when I was little, but don't get them as often now. Thank goodness!!

I had a headache last night with eye glimmers. I have not had one of those in years. I don't know what was going on. When the little flashes around the eyes started, I almost didn't know what was happening, then it dawned on me, "There's a headache headed your way!!!" It was not fun.

Everyone have a great weekend. Not sure if I'll be back on here today or tomorrow. My walking buddies and I are taking Tim to Scout Camp tomorrow. We're driving a little further to Amish Country to do some shopping. We'll be back sometime on Tuesday.

Take care!! Stay OP, drink that water, and get some moving in there. Now I need to follow my own advice while we're shopping!!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 12:22 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi ladies,

Tammy, have fun shopping in the Amish country. I have always wanted to do that! Tell us about it when you come back. How long will Tim be gone at Boy Scout Camp?

Tina, hope your throat gets to feeling better!! Now that must be bad if nothing sounds good to you.

My folks say it is horrible down there. The most important thing is they are safe.

Have a great Saturday! I need to do the same thing and drink more water!!!

Where is everyone? I hope enjoying summer!

Susan
Closed Thread