Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #1  
Susan

Default Thursday Chatters for the HOT month of July!!!

Hi,

We welcome everyone that has ever weighed on Thursdays or thought about weighing on Thursday! We are a very supportive group. Please join us!

I can't believe that it's July! It's hot here! Nothing exciting going on here.. Just sitting with my foot up!

Tina, glad someone looked at the house. I'll send good vibes that way!

Tammy, Hope your iron count is high enough this time.

Maureen, Happy Canada!!! A day late! Hope you had fun!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #2  
Susan

By the way, I'm not weighing in today, not til the boot comes off.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! So glad you are all so busy and productive! Glad to hear all the "energy" too!

Hectic here working both stores.

The weather has been cool and rainy. Humid on the days it gets in the 80's. We are suppose to have a nice w/e though!

Happy 4th and take care!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #4  

My iron level was exactly 38%, and that's what it needs to be. I have eaten so much iron-rich foods and taken iron supplements the past week, and it only went up 1%. I couldn't believe it. Oh well, at least I was able to give this time. I haven't felt the best since I've been home though.

Cool and rainy here yesterday and today. Hope it warms up a bit because 65 degrees on July 1 & 2 is just weird.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #5  
Susan

Hi Jeanne, glad you posted. We've missed you. I figured you must have been busy at work.

Tammy, I can't believe it only went up 1 point. Glad you were able to give. I just checked to see where I can give here. there are going to be some mobile units around in 2 weeks but don't know if I'll be driving. (Pat's not letting me drive If not, I'll do it as soon as I get released. I know where the nearest location is in the next town. I am doing it for my little fellow and all his blood he received.

Did I tell ya'll that a friend of mine that I work with had a premature baby 2 weeks ago. He was born at 2 days shy of 34 weeks. I've talked to her a few times. I just wanted her to know that someone knows how she is feeling. Poor thing, I know she is exhausted and wants to spend every minute in the NICU. The baby is making great progress. He was 4.8 pounds and 17.25 inches long. It's strange, it brings about some feelings. Guess that's normal. Can you believe we would be getting ready to celebrate a 5th birthday in just a week!!!

ohh, it's a nice cool 100 degrees here. In San Antonio, it's been 103-104 for almost 3 weeks now.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Susan, thanks so much for starting us off. You don't know it but I think about you often and wonder how you're getting on. It's no fun being off your feet.

Tammy, I wish Susan and I had some of your cool weather. I don't remember when we've had so many days straight of really hot, hot, hot weather like this.
Jeanne, it's so good to hear from you.

Maureen, how was your holiday?

Sis, we miss you!

Dori, what are you up to now???

Well, the first person to see our house thought it was priced too high for all the work that would have to be done on it.
We're hoping for a contractor to come want to build another million dollar house and pay our asking price.
It's a start.

We had our 4th of July meal tonight. David won't be coming over on Saturday. So, he came tonight and I fixed hot dogs, baked beans, chips and salsa and an apple cobbler. Yummy!
I'm still going to post the pineapple salsa recipe. Maybe tomorrow.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #7  

Susan, I'm sure those feelings are tough with your friend's baby being in NICU. Hard to believe it has been 5 years.

Tina, I'd send you some of the cool weather from the past couple of days if I could. I guess I'd rather have a couple of cooler days than so many hot ones like you've had. The right person will walk in your house soon! Your 4th of July meal sounds good.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all
I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning and I sure hope I can move my tracker-it's raining right now so I guess I'll stay in instead of heading for the mall-
Tina, you'll get the house sold-have you seen anything you want to buy yet?
Susan, I'm with Tammy, seems unbelievable that it's been 5 years already-
Tina, I had a bbq at my sister's with her and her boys-(tofu burgers)now can you imagine spending time with 3 teenage boys who can sit there and touch their noses with their toes lol--what fun!!!
Anyway wish me luck tomorrow I'll check in when I get home

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #9  
Thursday Lady

Maureen, I sat here and laughed at the thought of the boys touching their noses with their toes. Hey, that sounds like good exercise.
Good luck tomorrow!
And, we're going to move into a townhouse. There's almost no maintenance with those.

Susan, how are you today?
Tammy, is Tim home this weekend? Did Lauren come down?
Jeanne, I hope you can get some rest some time soon!
Dori, how are you?
Sis, please post!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #10  

Good morning all

I'm just waiting to go to a meeting-but I wanted to wish all my American friends a Happy 4th of July-I hope you all have beautiful weather and a great time in whatever you choose to do today-I'll report back later this afternoon on my results
Have fun

maureen
Old 07-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #11  

Hello again
I managed to lose 2 more lbs-my scale said more but I'll take it! out to shop

talk to you all later
maureen
Old 07-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #12  
Susan

Thanks Maureen,
Yea!!!!! You are doing so well!!!!! Have fun shopping!

Pat's working out in the barn while you'll never guess what I'm doing? Sitting with my foot up!

He is going to cook bbq later today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Maureen That's a great loss!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #14  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Sorry I have been missing in action. Just haven't been too good about posting lately. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy 4th of July! I hope you all are having a nice week end. I am enjoying a quiet one. Work has been a bit crazy so I have been looking forward to the weekend. I still am not doing the greatest at staying op but I am still working towards it. I just can't wrap my head back around eating the way I was when I was losing the weight. I will though. I have to I want to get off those darn BP meds. Anyways, you guys take care and I will try to check in a lot more often.
Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #15  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Hope you had a nice 4th! Ours was ok. I was not feeling so well so I kinda hung out around the couch. And as far as fireworks go, the kids where with friends and bob and I opted not to walk out on the street and watch. (we're getting old.............or lazy)!!!!! The fireworks show can be seen from our house. They set them off at the baseball stadium that I have mentioned before! The dog hates the noise!

We got video on demand and I see there is a ton of exercise workouts on there for free!!! Yay! Really, I'm going to check them out. Maybe I'll find something new!

Maureen - woohooo & good job!

Susan - Hope you are feeling better! Hows that foot?

Tina - Great idea about the townhouse! Bob and I have mentioned that a time or two as well! I hope your house sells soon!

Tammy - Hi! How are things over there in Ohio???? I think it made it to 75 yesterday, but sitting outside still felt very cool!

Sis - Hi! How are you doing these days?

Well ladies, I'm gonna scoot. I want to get the laundry caught up and try to work out with something on VOD. I feel so crappy!

Last edited by jar1965; 07-05-2009 at 07:40 AM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote