Old 07-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #16  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Cherry. You must have been a member between my stints here. I'm the lady who started this group and it's nice to meet you. It's great that people (YAY, Judy! ) are keeping this going even though the individual members come and go and come back over the years. Welcome back!

Ms. Meri, it was my first week. Thanks for the congrats! I'm not doing anything super different at this point. Just getting back into the swing of figuring and counting points, etc. This wasn't my biggest first week weight loss ever. That honor goes to one of the WW previous programs with super-restricted food intake to force a large first-week loss. This was my best first week loss because I wasn't feeling deprived or hungry. I'm so glad that now WW starts the way you're going to continue with the program.

Judy--thanks for the congrats!! You're doing fine. You managed not to succumb to your temptations. Pat yourself on the back and concentrate on that success, not on what you didn't do.

Things are going well right now. I'm taking a break before I start dinner and thought I'd check in and see how you all are doing.

Keep on turtlin'!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday to everyone. I did not make it to WW on Saturday for my W/I, I was just too tired after the trip home and had lots of house work to do to catch up. Today is a new day for me and I really need to get into gear so that I can fit into that dress in just 6 weeks time.

Glad to see that everyone is back and getting on track...

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #18  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink Back on Track Monday

Went to a Buffet last night w/MIL. I way I figure it I had around 41 points.

Today is a new day!

Hope you all success.

Ladynredd - where are you? Is you DH ok?
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning turtles

Cherry - welcome back! Yes, I remember you as well.

Survived my weekend at Darien Lake & now time to get back on track.
I had a few extra treats over weekend, but we also walked lots through the park to go on rides. So hoping to be OK this Wed at scales.

Lin - congrats on your weight loss this week, that is really great!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #20  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Congratsl Lin!

And congrats, Meri, on your meeting this new milestone! That's terrific.

Welcome back, Cherry -- I remember you! Glad everything went OK and your new little one is in the world.

Judy, you're so close to onederland -- you CAN DO THIS!!!!

Bandit, yes, I've found that virtually everything I eat affects my weight. Any extra bites, etc. will show on the scale now. It hasn't always been that way, but as I get thinner I am much more restricted in what it takes to lose or even maintain my weight. No more messing around. I have to stay aware ALL the time. But it's worth it to me.

Hi, Princess!

Had a fantastic weekend with a bunch of people from Dottie's Weight Loss Zone. This was a get-together of about 18 people from the 100+ group -- a group of people with 100 or more pounds to lose (or keep off). I love this group of folks. We had a big pool party! Imagine being able to feel completely accepted and loved by a big group of people while in a bathing suit. I didn't swim this year (no suit) but I did last year, and it was great. We laughed a lot and talked a lot and just generally had a wonderful time.

I did eat too much, though it was mostly healthy, and that's showing on the scales today (up 1.5). Believe it or not, I can way overeat on fruit, and that's what I did. All that lovely watermelon and blueberries, but it's still calories. Fortunately I also walked a little over 6 miles on Friday -- we hit the local art fair, which is ginormous. So that helped!

We're having such a beautiful summer here -- cool and sunny. It's like having four months of spring.

Have a great day, everyone. We CAN do this.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #21  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Oh wow, I enjoy hearing from you all. I've gotta run, but wanted to say hi. My grandkids will be with us this week as my ds and ddil take a little vacation break. Wish me luck!
Love to all, Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #22  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Terrific Tuesday

Lauren ~ Six Miles, Holy Cow!

Bandit ~ Did you take any pictures at the lake?

Went over points yesterday, Thought I was careful. Only over by 3, and I think 4 of it was my 16oz of milk for breakfast. Not fair my "leader" does not count her milk points. And we are in a monthly contest. Think I'm gonna have a chat w/her about that.

Going over to babysit again this morning. Got my bag all packed. Carrots, mini rice cakes, 6 reduced fat crackers to go w/ her tuna. And my favorite water drinking cup I can't live without.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #23  
Chick

MsMeri, I think it's so funny that your WW leader doesn't count her milk points. Since I'm supposed to have 3 servings of milk, that's 6 points before I even start with food! If she's ignoring the milk points, how is her weight loss coming along?

I've kind of lost it right now. Eating out of stress and I want to get on top of this now.

: to all.
Judy
Old 07-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #24  
Turtle Buddy

Princess--catch me up, please. You're planning to fit into a special dress in the next 6 weeks. What's the special occasion?

Lauren, it's great you had a wonderful weekend with your buddies from DWLZ. Even good for you food can be a problem if we eat too much of it. Figuring out how much is too much is difficult because it seems to be different for each person.

Judy, for the stress. I hope you have a great time with your grandkids, despite that stress.

Ms. Meri, milk points are a big problem for me because I'm supposed to do 3 and I don't eat lowfat or nonfat foods. I eat smaller servings of the full fat foods. And milk products aren't the only foods that have calcium in them. Here's a list I found of other calcium-rich foods:
* Salmon
* Tofu
* Rhubarb
* Sardines
* Collard greens
* Spinach
* Turnip greens
* Okra
* White beans
* Baked beans
* Broccoli
* Peas
* Brussel sprouts
* Sesame seeds
* Bok choy
* Almonds

I think WW should give people alternatives to milk products that they can count for their daily calcium. I eat many of these foods regularly. And I take supplements. Whether or not I get the WW amounts of dairy products, I'd still have to take supplements because osteoperosis is a major problem in my family.

Thanks, everyone, for the congrats!

This week is going really well. I'm noticing a huge difference this time from my past efforts. Everything is a lot more even because I don't have those huge hormone fluctuations anymore. I used to get stuck in a cycle of gain/lose the same 5 pounds every month, no matter what I did. Then I'd get discouraged and quit. I don't have that problem anymore. I know they say that it's harder to lose weight after menopause (I'm two months from "officially" being post-menopausal, but I'm not getting the hormonal signals that would signify I'm not really there yet.), but I'm thinking I'm one of the exceptions to that rule because PMS and then perimenopause wreaked such havoc with my eating patterns. We'll see as time goes on if this continues.

Keep on turtlin!
Lin S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #25  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Tuesday 2.0

Lin ~ I am a big user of non dairy calcium sources. I have Salmon, Spinach, Almonds, several time a month and almonds almost every other day. I love Bok choy! I think I might die if I eat Rhubarb or Sardines however (yuck) I have been collecting Tofu recipes, but have not bought any yet. I am scared. Any advise, guys?

Judy ~ You hit the nail on the head! She is yo-yoing the same 5 pounds for the entire 6 months we have been at it. She can't get below 230 her pre-pregnancy weight. And keep in mind she bought the top of the line treadmill. All I have invested is $20 bucks for a stability ball. I walk in the neighborhood for free.

It is 4:13 pm and points are lookin good so far. Maybe there is a Skinny Cow in my futcher (couldn't have one last night and it was 112 degrees)
Old 07-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #26  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Low-Carb Snack Ideas

Graham Crackers
They're not just for kids! Graham crackers are convenient, portable, and offer that oh-so appealing crunch. Grab three graham cracker squares to get 15-20 g of carbs.

Frozen Fruit Bar

Next time those hunger pangs hit, pick a frozen sugar-free fruit bar--it will treat your sweet tooth and might also have extra vitamin C.

Popcorn
If you have a hankering for a crunchy snack, skip the chips and grab 3 cups of light popcorn (no salt, no butter). Plus, popcorn is easy to grab on the go and full of fiber.

Pita Bread Pocket with Hummus

Hummus isn't just a fun party dip, it's a great everyday snack option, too. Made from ground garbanzo beans (chick peas), hummus is a flavorful way to get your fiber. Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on half of a pita bread pocket (1 ounce) for a delicious low-fat snack.

English Muffin with Cheese and Apple Slices

Want a snack with ooey-gooey melted cheese? You're in the right place with this combo snack that includes half of a whole wheat English muffin, 1 ounce low-fat cheese, and a couple of apple slices (about 1/4 of a small apple). Set it in a toaster oven or under the broiler for a few seconds for a chewy snack that hits the spot.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #27  
Chick

Hey Guys, keep on keepin' on! I'm heading out to the aquarium with the grandkids, but I finally feel like I could be on track today. Keep up your great support. Lin, that hug feels mighty good.
Judy
Old 07-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning, turtles

Last night went for a walk with my ladies group at a nearby lake with walking trails. Beautiful looking out over the lake & fun to catch up with everyone.
Counted it as 2 miles since we walked for about an hour.

Have my Tops weigh in tonight & hoping for that to be OK. Hard to know with being away last week.

Msmeri - no, didn't take any pictures. I am not very good with those things.

Judy - hope you are having fun with your grandkids & staying on track.

Princess - hope you are are doing well.

Cherry, Lin & Lauren - good luck on your plans.

Have a great OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #29  
Turtle wanna be

Wink Picture

let's see if I can post this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turtle.jpg (12.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by msmeri; 07-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #30  

Good Morning Ladies. It is good to hear how everyone is doing. I seem to be having trouble remembering that i am not pregnant anymore and i can't just give into my cravings like i am pregnant. (Bummer) I guess i have to start thinking about what i am eating again. As far as pregnancy weight gain i only gained 10 pounds and lost 20 after having the baby so i think i did good in that area. Hope to get more in the swing of things in the next couple days
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote