Old 07-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #46  

My friend had surgery on Tuesday, and she came home on Friday. They did a hysterectomy and removed several lymph nodes for testing. Not sure what the next step is. thanks for all of the prayers, and please keep on praying for her.

Tim is getting married May 15, 2010. It's back to the original plan at her home church. Save money that way. The wedding won't be as small as they wanted, but they have a "cap" of 75 guests. The reception will be very simple, no big meal or dancing. They plan to head for Michigan for a few days for a honeymoon then. By having the wedding closer, we can all save money, and they can put some toward a down payment for a house.

Maureen, any more thoughts on the condo? It's a big decision I know.

Susan, why don't you go with your friends to Mac. Island and I'll meet you there!

Tina, how did the house showing go?

Yesterday morning I did the Breast Cancer Awareness 5K Run/Walk. I walked and finished in 51 minutes. I was so happy crossing that finish line! Some of my runner friends came out to meet me. I was in tears. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it. I had been so achy and sore all week, and I missed my classes at the Y. I am so glad that I did it!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #47  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon all,
It's another hot day here.
Tammy, I'm glad your friend made it through her surgery. I hope things go well for her. And, I hope you feel better soon. You've been feeling so well.
Congratulations to Tim and Lauren for setting a date. Wow, you have a lot of fun times ahead.

Susan, are you having fun?

Jeanne, how are you doing?
Dori, is it hot there?
Jen, how was your trip?
Sis, are you swamped with work?

Maureen, are you going to get a condo? There's so much to think about getting a place, as you well know. I hope you're having good weather so you can walk a lot. That's what I need to do but this weather makes it impossible to go outside.

No luck selling the house yet. The guy who came on Friday didn't like the layout of the house. I don't understand that!!! Also, he wanted a place "more livable."
It's no fun having to "spruce up" the house every day, in hopes of people coming over. It's getting old very quickly. But, maybe someone will come by soon---with money!
I haven't been doing well with my weight loss. What's new, huh! I definitely need to drink more water.....
My dvt leg's ankle has been bothering me so I put the compression stocking back on it. Yuck! My dr. is on vacation for 3 weeks. I know that he would tell me to do what I am doing. (I've got an appt. with him when he returns.)
Everyone stay OP and have a great day!!!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #48  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies!

Tammy - So glad your friend had surgery and things went well! I will continue to keep her in my prayers!

Tina - I hear ya about the weight loss! Today I did walk a mile, took my vitamins and got in some water. I'm trying, but the scale is moving!

A big shout out and hug to everyone! Have a great day.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #49  

Tina, I know how frustrating it can be trying to sell a house. When we sold our first one, it was on the market less than 2 weeks and we had a buyer. This last house took quite a while longer. Hang in there because the right person will come along.

I'm with you on the weight loss. I keep trying, tracking, drinking the water, and I am not losing. I don't even want to go to class tonight to get weighed. I might just go for the bible study, and just tell her that I don't want to weigh. Wonder if I can do that?

Hey Jeanne! Glad to hear from you.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #50  

Well, I ended up weighing in last night. not as bad as I expected! I think I might base my tracker on what I do here at home on Thursday mornings. I will be missing next week's meeting, and then we have 2 weeks with class, then we are off a few weeks before starting the fall session. So, since I'm going by my scales, I am off to the weigh in thread!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #51  
Thursday Lady

Hey, our community is going to hold Zumba classes. I wish I was able to take them. This leg (where I had the clots) is sore and I don't want to over-do with exercise.

How is everyone?????? We are a quiet group this week.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:25 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi All
I haven't weighed in the last few weekends-probably tomorrow morning-we have a long weekend this weekend because I work in Ontario(Ottawa) it's a civic holiday, but I live in Quebec(Hull) so monday morning hopefully I'll be able to transfer my driver's license from Alberta to Quebec(does any of that make sense???) I got a cat on monday evening-someone was moving out west and couldn't take him-he's 2 years old-neutured and a really nice friendly guy. I hope we all have a good day on program and I'll be here on the weekend-good luck Tina on your house-it'll go

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #53  

Tina, I wish your leg felt good enough to take Zumba. I have had so much fun. I think I am going to sign up for it in the fall at the Y here in town. The Y that I'm going to is about 8 miles away. They offer different classes at different times, and we can go to either one. I'll be back to my aerobics classes on M-W-F starting after Labor Day.

Maureen, hope your weigh in went well. I'm sure the new cat will be lots of company for you. What's his name?

Lazy day today. Maurice and I have just been hanging out. Might need a nap!
Old 08-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi All
I didn't weigh in today-thought I'd do it next week-finally we're getting a day with no rain-apparently we only had 6 days in July with no rain-I'm starting to mold lol-Tammy, they were calling my cat Zeke-but that sounded more like a dog's name so I'm calling him Jack-
Today I took the bus and went around the neighbourhood I grew up in-what changes!! It was nice to get out walking in the sun though-have a great weekend -
I've been volunteering every sunday morning at the Men's Mission in Ottawa-so that's how I spend my sunday mornings-
so tomorrow after the mission I think I'll walk around downtown and take pictures-Ottawa is really a very beautiful city-
take care

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #55  

I used to call my brother's cat Jake. His name was something I could never remember, so I made up my own. Walking in the sunshine sounds like a nice day. Enjoy tomorrow and taking pictures of Ottawa.

Not sure what is on the agenda tomorrow after church. There are a couple of open houses here in town, and I might go to them just to see what prices of homes are going for these days in town. Tim and Lauren will be looking soon, so I'll help them out by checking out places.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #56  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Again, I'm not being notified that people are writing.
Maureen, that's wonderful that you have a kitty. He'll be so much company and fun. Great about you being able to walk again.

Tammy, have fun at the Open Houses. Let me know if there are many people at them. Here, people are just not going.
We had a realtor come show our house this afternoon. I haven't gotten the feedback yet.

How is everyone? We're just quiet here, aren't we. Maybe others aren't getting notified, either.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #57  
jeanne

Good morning! I'm not being notified either! I won't be checking from work anymore during the day. Our company is making some changes in the near future. I can't elabirate today, but will keep you posted!
My family and I got a new pet. Yep, a baby lop bunny! He is adorable. He is silver with blue eyes. We can't pick him up until the 9th! But we have been visiting him. haha! He is soooo cute. He will be our "house" bunny. We built him a beautiful pen in our family room in our basement. We are still name searching, but leaning toward Peanut.
Well the coffee and the laundry and the ironing.......is calling out my name! Gosh darn it!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #58  
jeanne

If this worked, here he is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby.jpg (21.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #59  
jeanne

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, it did! I shouldn't have learned to do that!!!! I love pics and "think" I "should" share them with everyone! haha!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #60  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing great. Been a bit busy with work, my dd's activities and visiting with relatives that are up from florida. I haven't been doing as well as I would like op but I am still working on my mindset. I am trying to be more positive. I know part of my prblm is that I think I am getting mood swings from starting menopause. I just hate the hot flashes but I know it is all part of it. I know this will pass and I will get thru it so I am trying to bear that in mind. Anyways I am still here and thinking of you all. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week end. Take care......Sis
Sis is offline   Reply With Quote