Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2001, 12:22 AM   #16  

Hi Everyone!
Brittany's gyn. appt. went o.k. they are goig to try BC pills first. It is one of the biggest cysts that they have ever seen. She impressed them. They said it is empty which is good. We have to wait and see now.

I feel for all of you with snow. I hope it melts soon.

Essie,
Congrats on going back. Good luck!

Jen.
Enjoy with Joe. Hope everything continues to get better. Good luck with your weigh-in.

Zoe,
Thanks. I will look into it. I need an eye opener. Good luck with getting "Younger".

Myra,
Great job with the exercising. Hope your snow melts soon.

Hi Dianne!

Terri
Old 02-07-2001, 06:17 AM   #17  

Hi

Myra, step w/kickboxing is some workout!! Very intense. I love it. My gym has it Saturday mornings. This is why I'm not sure what day to pick for my WW meeting. Nothing like doing it at the gym. It's the music, the whole atmosphere gets you pumped.
Tomorrow is the day If I like the leader I'll stick with Wednesday but it'll have to be in the evening. Usually the leader from the morning class does the evening also. I'm looking forward to going back.

Terri, happy to hear everything went okay. Is the pain gone? And how are you doing? My co-worker that started that "other diet" hates it. She told me today she wished she would have stayed with WW. She invested like $500. She's always hungry. I feel bad for her. All because she wants to lose fast for a wedding. Have you seen the new WW board. Pretty cool I like it.

Hi Jen, Zoe & Dianne.

Have a goodnight

Old 02-07-2001, 12:06 PM   #18  

Essie,
I rarely ever hear anyone liking restrictive diets. That is great you didn't put all of your money in there.
Britts still has pain. Not to much but a little. Thanks for asking.
Great job on going back. You will do it!
Good luck!
Terri
Old 02-08-2001, 09:18 AM   #19  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good evening Y'all ~

Had my weigh in tonight. I didn't wanna go cuz I was afraid I gained. I almost didn't go but decided to go and not stay for the meeting. I just didn't want to sit through it and have my friends asking "how much" when I probably put on a pound. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to have lost "POINT 8"!! Woo Hoo. I left anyway because hubby was waiting for me so we could go to the store but as soon as I got in the car, I was praying "thank you Jesus, thank you Lord, Praise you Lord"......I was Sooooooo happy for that loss, no matter how small.

Jen ~ glad to hear you're having such a great time with Joe.

Essie ~ I don't know what made me type "you's" that first time because I don't "write" like that but I SAY IT all the time. Ha! Good luck with WW. I've been back for 5 weeks now and have lost 16.4 pounds. It really is a great program.

Myra ~ I really am liking the working out which is such a crazy statement coming from me. Tomorrow is my appt with my trainer for showing me some of the weights. I am anxious to have 90 days go by fast so I can see the big difference in my "age". Hehehe

Terri ~ Glad to hear about Brittany and the cyst being "empty". I don't know what that means but when you said that was good, I'm glad.

Dianne ~ Hey girl....hope you're doing well too.

gotta run....have a wonderful evening Y'all. Talk to you's tomorrow.

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 02-08-2001, 11:50 AM   #20  

Zoe,
That is great. WWHHOO! HOOO!
That is wonderful. Keep it going down.
The Dr. said it was empty and that was good. I guess a Mass is full.

Hi everybody! Have a wonderful Thursday!
Terri

Old 02-08-2001, 06:53 PM   #21  

Hi Guys

I'm off work & enjoying every minute of it. I didn't get to WW yesterday. It's kind of hard with Pete off also. We were running around all day yesterday. It looks like I won't get to WW till Saturday, 8:15 a.m. meeting.

Zoe, good for you. 16 lbs. is quite a bit of weight. We are very much alike when it comes to praying. I pray about everything. I don't know how I would cope with certain situations if I didn't. Your inspiration is rubbing off on me

Terri, when is your weigh-in day? I forgot You've been doing great also. You've been my motivator all along.

Myra, how are you? I just ordered a tape from amazon. It's called, Cardio Boot Camp. Looking forward to try it. I need variety. Hope all is well.

Hi, Jen & Dianne.

Have a great day everybody

Essie

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old 02-08-2001, 08:49 PM   #22  

Essie,
You are too kind. I go on Sat. morning also. I weigh around 8:30. Good luck to you.
I am so glad you are enjoying your day off. I love how you and your husband go everywhere together. A husband who likes to shop. You can't go wrong. Bruce likes to go with me places. That is really nice. What I likes is he encourages me to buy things.
Have a great day!

Hi everybody.
Terri
Old 02-08-2001, 09:21 PM   #23  

Hi you's (sorry zoe, LOL) guys:

I guess "you's" is a New York (all boros)/New Jersey thing. It's a small world, isn't it?

Essie -- you lucky thing you. What's with all this time off? Vacation? Hope you enjoy every minute of it. Your new video -- Cardio Boot Camp -- sounds like torture, LOL. I can just see some GI JOE in a uniform yelling at you to "give me 100 push=ups now!", LOL. Good luck with it.

Zoe -- You go girl! You are really doing a fantastic job on ww - 16.4 lbs in 5 weeks is so amazing. You must be pretty disciplined.

Terri -- Hi, hope everything is going okay for Brittany, an empty cyst is a very good thing! Will it dissolve on its own?

Jen -- How are you? Glad to hear that you and Joe are enjoying your time together. My husband and I are taking 2 days off next week to go up to Cambridge, Mass. to see our son play in a concert. It will be nice to spend some time together in a nice hotel http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif!

Myra -- Good to hear your'e enjoying your exercising. Wish I could say the same. I have old ww tapes, a cher tape and a couple of others. I also have the taebo tapes, but I tried one once and thought I would have a heart attack Maybe I'll try it again, but take my time with it.

This weekend my daughter and I are going to Madison Square Garden to the "The Vagina Monologues" http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//nervous.gif. It was her idea, hope I don't get too embarrassed by it - not sure what to expect, but it's a big event. It's part of Take back the Day - stoping violence against women, so it certainly is a worthwhile cause. Also, Glenn Close will be in it, along with Julianna Margulies and Rosie Perez. If nothing else, it will be worthwhile to see them. Also, Dillon McDermott from "The Practice" will be in the audience, since his step-mother is the producer of this event. Must remember to bring my binoculars!

Well, everyone have a great day. Hope to talk to you's soon.

Dianne

Old 02-08-2001, 10:36 PM   #24  

Hi Dianne,
That sounds like fun. I heard it was good. The name kind of scares people. LOL
Have a great time.
Yes, the BBC pills are supposed to dissolve it. We will see in a few months if it is working.

Hi all of yous! LOL
Terri
Old 02-08-2001, 11:33 PM   #25  

Dianne,
There is a big article about "The Vagina Monologues" in the Feb. 12 issue of Peoples magazine. (Celin Dion is on cover).
The step-mom (producer)of Dylan McDermott is the one that was sexually abused by her dad. She isn't much older than Dylan. He took the name Dylan for a stage name because it was the name of his ex step-mom's baby that she miscarried. It is a very informative article. Gives the history. Sounds reallly interesting. Have a great time. They talk about the show being at the Garden.

Terri
Old 02-09-2001, 12:09 AM   #26  

Terri: Yes, thanks, I have the People article. That's what really sold me on going. Also, I watched this woman on Oprah once, and she is also one of the people, along with Jane Fonda and Calista Flockhart who went to Africa to protest against the Famale Genital Circumsions, etc. She seems like a powerful woman. I'm sure it will be very interesting.

Talk to yous later,
Dianne
Old 02-09-2001, 12:29 AM   #27  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I was really bummed this morning. I was planning to take a class I only took for the first time last week -- yoga for stress reduction. Really can't count it as exercise. It is more meditation, taught by a real yogi from a nearby ashram. I was really looking forward to it but then someone called me and could only have an interview (I am a reporter) at the time of the class so I had to blow the class away. Funny. A class that is designed to eliminate stress actually caused more stress. Well, there is always next week, right?

I particularly needed that class this morning as my weigh in is tonight and I really don't think I did very well. While I did exercise a bit I also ate a lot. Wish me luck.

Myra
Old 02-09-2001, 04:15 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
I'm sure you'll enjoy the show, I've heard it's very good. We have a production of it playing in Chicago, but not with the names you mentioned! Have fun.

Terri,
I'm so very glad the news about Britts was good. How is she feeling?

Myra,
Good luck tonight. You know you have our support, and that we're all in this with you for the long run.

Essie,
Oh my......I'd hate to even WATCH that video!!! I was so proud of myself, working out to my Denise Austin Lite Workout tape. Felt that I had progressed to a more strenous workout. Bought her spot reduction tape (I like her style of encouraging), 10 min. on the butt, 10 min. on the arms, 10 min. on the thighs....was huffing and puffing, was just able to finish the arms portion and I had to turn it off! Obviously the tape I've been using was VERY lite!

Have to start dinner, have a good evening everyone....
~Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old 02-09-2001, 04:50 AM   #29  

You are all too funny LOL. Where do I find these cute little faces? They really are too cute.

Terri, my husband is my shadow. Everywhere I go he wants to go. He loves shopping & going to the mall. I feel like I'm talking to a child sometimes telling him not to get lost. His birthday is Feb. 13th so I told him I have to go out for a couple of hours tomorrow ALONE!!! Geeeez I like to get whatever I'm going for & leave.

Dianne , that's one good thing about my job, it's very flexible. We get all the holidays off. Monday is Lincoln's birthday so I took Tuesday since it's Pete's birthday. I've been going thru alot of stress at work so I decided to take 3 days off. I've been there 13 yrs. so they never give me a hard time. You cracked me up about the video LOL Have fun at The Garden. I heard about it on Oprah.

Myra, hope your weigh-in went well.

Jen, good going with Denise Austin Tape. I have a tape of hers. It's called Hit the Spot, Arms & Bust Upper Body Workout. You need weights with this one.

Let me go watch my prerecorded Soaps. Have a good evening.

Essie
Old 02-09-2001, 06:52 AM   #30  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Well, I gained a pound. But it wasn't unexpected. I wasn't that good this week. I am determined to do better next weigh in.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Myra
Closed Thread