Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Time to table: 1 hour
* 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 tsp instant espresso or instant coffee dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
* 1 cup flour, fluffed to aerate before measuring
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon table salt (omit if using salted butter)
* 1/4 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, mix until well combined. Add the coffee liquid and vanilla, mix until well combined. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients until combined.
Spray a mini muffin tray with baking spray. With two small spoons (one to scoop, one to scrape), fill the cups with brownie batter, smoothing the tops a bit when through. Bake for just 12 to 15 minutes until a bit puffy but still soft to the touch. Let cool for 10 minutes. With a small knife, gently work the brownies out of the pan.
Brownies may be made the day before but should be iced and sprinkled with colored sugar only a couple of hours before serving. Gently insert the blunt end of a skewer into the brownie, then insert the pointed end of a skewer an inch or more into a watermelon half.
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Time to table: 10 minutes
Makes enough for 24 Two-Bite Brownies
* 2 tablespoons salted butter
* 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup powdered sugar
* Milk (start with a teaspoon)
In a mixing bowl, mix butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add just enough milk to thin to the desired consistency.
Brownies only, with/without nuts, Per Brownie: 69/61Cal; 3/2g Tot Fat;
2/1g Sat Fat; 22mg Cholesterol;
49mg Sodium; 10g Carb; 1g Fiber; 8g Sugar; 1g Protein; Weight Watchers 1 point
Brownies with icing, with/without nuts,
Per Brownie: 88/71Cal;
4/2g Tot Fat; 2/1g Sat Fat; 25/22mg
Cholesterol; 56/49mg Sodium; 13/12g Carb;
1g Fiber; 11g Sugar; 1g Protein; Weight Watchers 1 point
try to just eat one