3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #217 Bale of Turtles Whooping It Up! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/174502-217-bale-turtles-whooping-up.html)

Princess1122 06-23-2009 11:13 AM

Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! Hot and muggy here today but the sun is out! Yah!

Went for a walk this morning and it felt good to get moving again. I am going dress shopping with my future DIL today, I need a dress for the wedding, should be fun!

Bandit: It is so easy to get off track... wish it was just as easy to get back on track...LOL.

Judy: A big congrats on the new jeans! That is so awesome!

Princess

bandit2 06-23-2009 02:38 PM

Good afternoon, turtles:

I am going to dinner tonight with my ladies group to a mexican restaurant.
Any suggestions on something that won't totally sabotage my weigh in tomorrow? Thanks.

msmeri 06-23-2009 04:30 PM

Terrific Tuesday

Howdy all,

Did good friday night, stayed within my points(pizza night)
Sat. went to the mall w/gal pals (who are on WW also)
We had pretzels and lemonade, Not the worse thing. I had eaten @ 5:30 so by 12:00 I was starving I grabbed 2 handfulls of trail mix befor we left.
BAD IDEA turned out to be 14 points
Live and learn

Princess- Way to go 1.2 pounds that's above the average weight loss!:carrot:

Bandit- The thing ya gotta notice about them "tracks" is they keep going. On or off just get up and keep going.;)

Judy- OMG an 18 that is super terrific! Good bye to all those outfits in the 20's. I'd take that any day over lost pounds, people don't see your number on the scale but they can see how skinny you're gettin:D

Don't know if we are havin WI tomorrow. Our leader had to go out of town. I am hoping one of the other girls will say we can meet @ their house.:?:

got a new one for ya

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Breakfast Pudding

Ingredients
1 Packet Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa
1 tbsp. Better N' Peanut Butter
1/2 Rolled Oats (NOT INSTANT)
Dash of Salt (optional)

Directions
1. Whisk the oats, cocoa, salt and peanut butter with 3/4 c. of water in a medium microwave safe dish until well combined.
2. Microwave on high for 2.5 to 3 minutes.
3. Stir and serve.

*NOTE: You may use regular peanut butter or any kind of lower fat peanut butter if you prefer.

Number of Servings: 1
* Calories: 225.0
* Total Fat: 3.8 g
* Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
* Sodium: 245.0 mg
* Total Carbs: 37.5 g
* Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
* Protein: 9.0 g

I eat it for lunch because I don't have time in the mornings. Yummy:coffee:

Itryharder 06-23-2009 05:27 PM

Msmeri, what could be better than pb and chocolate? Yum.

Bandit, I'm thinking a big salad with grilled chicken. Not very Mexican, but the fajitas with sides of sour cream, guacomole, etc. are really high in points. If they have a rice and black bean dish, that might be okay.

I didn't do anywhere as well last night as I hoped. It was disappointing and the scale was up 3#. Now I know I didn't gain 3#==salt, etc. were factors, but still I had more food than usual and also more fattening food, so I have to be very good today. So far, so good, but it's tempting to want to eat other things. Gotta keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/?/204.6 and thinner and closer to onederland :cool:

Princess1122 06-24-2009 07:01 AM

Morning and and happy Wednesday to everyone! Doing good here and now I have more motivation then ever to get some of this weight off! Went shopping for a dress yesterday to wear to my sons wedding... found a great dress, it is snug to say the least but I am highly motivated to get some of this weight off and also to do some strength training now to get toned!

Judy: Ugh! I feel for you! That is like the worst! Doing good then BAM! A gain. You will be back before you know it though... maybe drink lots of water to get rid of the salt effects?

Meri: Great recipe! I love the pretzels at the mall... LOL, they are super hard to resist.

Bandit: How did the girls night diner go?

bandit2 06-24-2009 12:28 PM

Hi everyone

Judy - sorry to hear about your gain, but you know you can get it back off just as quick. You are really doing great - put the gain behind you & as you always say "keep on keeping on"

Msmeri - recipe looks very yummy. Something new to try, thanks.

Princess - Dinner was really good. I ended up having chicken quesidillas & you got 2 of those & with that came rice and small salad. Very tasty but you could tell not very point friendly. But I enjoyed my dinner & had some wine as well.

Not looking forward to weigh in tonight - I will be up this week for sure.

But we are starting a 10 week summer challenge tonight so hoping for that to get me focussed. So our weight tonight will be the starting point & the challenge is to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks. And that will bring us back into Sept when our offiial meetings start up again. I think this is a good goal for the members over the summer. And if I can do that I will be on track for my own personal goal of losing 40# since last Sept. Even though we don't have official meetings over summer, we still weigh in every week at the club.
Thank goodness for that.

Does anyone else want to join this challenge?

msmeri 06-24-2009 01:15 PM

Yea

Yea Bandit-
I want to know about the challenge.

BTW we are having WI @ another girl's house

:eek:

bandit2 06-24-2009 03:36 PM

Msmeri - the challenge is to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks. Thats it.

msmeri 06-24-2009 03:46 PM

ok

okie dokie when do we start?
My weigh in is tonight

Itryharder 06-24-2009 10:34 PM

I'm in for the challenge! I had my WW WI today and gained 1# since last week. It's really much worse than that since I had lost 3# this week after my last WI. Egads. It's really tough but my mtg. gave me some inspiration again. We've been so busy with social activities that it's been crazy and not good at all for watching food. even eating small amounts of food is packing on the pounds. So======tomorrow will be better and then we're away again. I'll bring some food with me, keep it simple while away and really watch it. Wish me luck!

Princess, great that you found a dress you really like. Way to go and weigh to go! You can do this and you've got a great incentive to do it.

I'll keep on keepin' on, Bandit, just like you and I say!

Tough days here and I'm not enjoying the food. Today wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either. Luckily we've got nothing planned for tomorrow so that will help.

I'm in on the challenge. I'd love to be 10# down by the end of the summer. I had promised myself to be 5# down by July 4th. so I had better get cracking.
Judy

Ayla77 06-25-2009 12:01 AM

Hi ladies! I'm new to the 3fc community (but not to WW). I would love to join you!

I live in Clinton, PA but work in Toronto, OH. I have 1 dog and 2 cats.

I've been doing WW since 4/11/08 and I've lost 108 lbs with it. I had lost some previously using sparkpeople.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

{hugz}

msmeri 06-25-2009 09:29 AM

Tricky Thursday

Ayla- Howdy. glad. real glad to have ya! 108 ponds-yes! it can be done. Thank you. 4/11 That's a memorable date for me it's my wedding anniv. And I am a sparkperson too. Are you still? the WW team on there is not all that active, that's why I am here I LOVE the girls. But I am active in the Leslie Sansone and Small Dogs with Big Hearts Teams. My name is 3chihuahua on there if you (or anyone is interested) What's your doggie's name?;)

Judy- Social activities are the worst. Being on the program only 5 months I have not figured them out. Maybe I should have and that's why every time I eat pizza on Fridays I go off the deep end. Just don't know how to act around real food. But I am glad you got your inspiration back. Keep on keepin' on is our anthem, no better, our cadence to march to. So lace up them boots girl.:drill:

Bandit- When exactly does the 10 weeks start. I lost .6 last night. So is that part of it? By the way, what ever did you have for dinner at that Mexican restraunt? Were you able to stay on points?;)

Princess- What kind of dress did you get? What color? Is it a semi-formal? We are renewing our vows in 2011 and I don't know what I want the attire to be. I am thinking more in the evening so that's a little more dressed up isn't it?:?:

Itryharder 06-25-2009 10:24 AM

:welcome3: :carrot: to Ayla,
We are a great group of gals here and give each other :cp: and :grouphug: all the time. It feels so good to have this support. You have had a fabulous weight loss so far and I'm glad you will join us as you continue your journey. :goodscale: and welcome again!

Msmeri, you're doing great. As far as eating out, right now I can handle one dinner or occasion a week and still have the scale cooperate. It's when there are more than that or I'm dealing with a full weekend away from my kitchen that it gets tough for me. This weekend I'll be at my stepgrandson's h.s. graduation and I'm bringing all sorts of fruit with me to keep in my purse for when I'm hungry. I also found last time that grilled chicken, hamburger, small steak can be found in most places and even though they'll have fattening salads, I found that if I ask for a house salad, I can usually get one of those. I'm thinking ahead for the fourth of July where we're invited to a family gathering. I'm bringing the largest salad stuffed full of foods I can eat--like celery tomato, onions, olives, cucumber--you get the picture and then I'm filling my plate with that and eating a BBQ burger (am thinking of bringing my own lean burger since they buy the Bubba burgers and the fat in those is enough to float a boat!!!!

Okay, gotta run and take care of things today.

Lady, how are you doing now that you're back from Vegas?

Chrily, how are you?

Lauren, how does it feel to be living day to day in your new yummy figure? I am so happy for you! Hey, I've got to write Sonia and see how she's doing.

Everybody have a great weekend.

Judy
234.6/205/204.6 onward and downward to 30# down
(That middle number is what I was at home this week and I like it a lot better than WW's number . LOL)

bandit2 06-25-2009 12:57 PM

Hi ladies & welcome Ayla!

Msmeri - lets use this weeks weight as our start point for the challenge.

So after my weigh in last night I am at 192 (had a 3# gain from my 3 dinners out this week) At the mexican place I had chicken quesidillas with rice, salad & wine. I figured all that as about 20 points, but not sure.

Ayla - boy, you have lost alot of weight. That is awesome.

Judy/Princess - hope you guys are doing good as well.

Right now we are preparing for some severe thunderstorms, so glad I just got home from work & can stay in.

Today for breakfast I had a tortilla with peanut butter & 1/2 banana - so good. Big salad with tuna for lunch & not sure about dinner.

I didn't walk this week with being out for dinners, but am planning on going tonight. That really seems to make a big difference for me at the scales.
Also since I am basically lazy, I tend to snack less after walking.

My goal this week is to drop 2# at the scales & walk 3 times!

msmeri 06-25-2009 02:49 PM

Thursday 2.0

Bandit- :rain: Hey, have you had those Mission "Carb Balance" tortillas.
I think they are 2 points
(for the soft taco size) 10" I think.

Anyway they have ...get this....11 grams of Fiber

Too Cool or what?