Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2001, 09:47 PM   #31  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday Morning everyone!

I just noticed the "Fabulous Forties" journals thread. Can someone tell me what it is? Are you just posting each days food journal? Every day? I have been reading them and ya know, they are a BIG help to me because I can see what every one else is eating and it gives me ideas....so not to be bored with my own mundain (sp?) eating habits.

Thanks Y'all ~

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 01-07-2001, 01:55 AM   #32  

Hi guys:

Jen -- I'm sorry to hear your'e not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. You're a better woman than me, having company when you don't feel well. Try to take it easy, hope you don't have to cook a big meal, but if you do, get out "little georgie", LOL.

Zoe -- Yes we used to journal our food on-line all the time, then stopped for awhile. With the new year and a fresh start it was someone's good idea (Myra, I think) to start again. But do yourself a favor, if you want variety DON'T look at my journal, LOL. I'm pretty much a creature of habit and eat the same things at least for breakfast and lunch. Dinner's a different story. But, yes, it helps also to keep yourself honest as well.

Hi Essie and Myra, hope you're having a good on program day. Tonight I will be babysitting for 4 grandchildren. We gave their parents (2 sets)a gift certificate for a romantic dinner for 2 including our babysitting services and 2 sets of parents have called us on it at the same time. That's fine because we'll just take our one grandson to visit his cousins. It should be fun.

Terri - where are u??????

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Dianne
Old 01-07-2001, 03:38 AM   #33  

Hello my friends,

Jen, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. You're up to company? When I don't feel well I hibernate. I rarely catch a cold. I get one once a year around the Spring. I guess if you have a couple of drinks it'll clear everything up LOL. Hope you have a good time tonight

Zoe, I haven't checked out the food journal yet. Maybe I should. I have to go food shopping tomorrow. I had planned to make the soup today but didn't have all the vegetables. I usually do my food shopping either Friday or Saturday but with the snow there was too much ice on the ground.

Dianne, that is soooooo nice of you. That was a perfect gift for them. Have fun tonight.

If you're lurking - {{{{Terri}}}} when are you coming home? Did you extend your vacation? We miss you girl!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Essie
Old 01-07-2001, 09:39 PM   #34  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Jen,
I hope you are feeling better. About my house, it does have a neat history. It actually was used as part of the underground railroad. But I just decorate modern. It is a rental house so it is not really in great shape. Very creaky and drafty. The fireplace helps a little, though.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I've been eating out a lot so I will really be surprised if I lose this week. I tried to make good choices, but it is hard.

Myra
Old 01-07-2001, 11:15 PM   #35  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

Dianne, it's so great for grandparents to do what you did...a night out for Mom and Dad is important, what a nice gift! How did you survive the evening with 4 kids? http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif

Essie, thanks for your good wishes. You are a sweetheart!

Myra, your house sounds cool. We have a modest ranch home, built in the 60's....pretty boring! Eating out is one of the biggest challenges we face. I'm sure you didn't do that badly.

Zoe, feel free to post your journal. It really does help.

take care everyone,
Jen

Old 01-08-2001, 12:39 AM   #36  

Hi guys:

Whoops -- I just typed a whole post and lost it, don't have any idea why. Oh, well, I'll try to reconstruct it. Hope you don't get it twice.

Jen - I hope you are feeling better. How did your evening with company go last night. Were you up to it? Try to take it easy for a few days. You are soooooooo funny with those smiling faces, especially the one with the eyes going in all different directions, LOL. That pretty much describes my babysitting job last night. Just kidding. It went fine. My two grandsons entertained each other with video games and my two granddaughters and I watched a movie, colored and then my 5 year old got tired and I read her two books and she went out like a light. Both sets of parents told us how much they enjoyed their night out and were very grateful. That made me happy. It's so hard for them to get out without the kids and I think every couple needs to do that once in awhile and get back to knowing each other and why they are together in the first place!

Essie, Myra and Zoe -- Hope your'e all having a great weekend. Terri -- WHERE ARE YOU??? I'm about to put out an APB for you, LOL. Come back, the holiday is over, LOL.

Well, I went to my first ww meeting since late October and I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I only gained
5 lbs. since October. I thought for sure it would be somewhere between 10-12 lbs so that was a nice surprise. I guess it also helped that I got back on track this past week and probably lost 2-3 lbs or it would have been more. Anyway, I'm okay with that gain. Should'nt be too hard to get that off.

The bad news is that we lose 2 points from our ranges, that's a change I don't like. But I guess it forces you to exercise since every 30 mins. give you back 1 pt. My leader also told us that if we were doing okay on our old ranges, we could stay that way. I'm gonna try the new range for a couple of days to see how it goes.

Talk to you all soon, have a great day!

Dianne

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 01-07-2001).]
Old 01-08-2001, 04:33 AM   #37  

Hi Everyone. I'm back!!!!
I will catch up tomorrow. Hope everything went well!!!!
Terri
Closed Thread