Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Monday! went to w/i on saturday and was up 3#... ugh! but my TOM was present and I just felt really bloated... it showed on the scale!

I have a ton of errands to do today and really need to get back on line to read all of the posts! I keep falling further behind.

Got a call from my boss at my last job... I have an interview tomorrow for a job with them directly so that is good. Have lots to do to get ready for that.

Take care everyone!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #47  
Turtle wanna be

S/C/G: 302/240/170

Height: 5.4"

Wink New Beginings Monday

Princess-An interview, that's wonderful I thought your hard work would pay off

Well It's Monday and a new month. So I think I need to start over, pull in the reigns. I spent Sunday thinking about my priorities. And after having 2 or 3 days over points (way over, like 40 & 60) It is time to put the pedal to the metal.

I want to be down by 66 pounds at the end of the month. I am down 53 now. That makes 12 pounds in a month or 3.6 pounds a week. In the 5 months that I have been doing this I have only lost that much 6 times.

But 66 pounds is important to me, it is exactly half way to my goal weight. See I have 132 total to loose.
msmeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #48  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Princess, good luck on your interview! : TOM WI's are notoriously off kilter. This coming WI will be much better.

Msmeri, you've been doing so well. Have you thought about what made you eat so many points? I try baby steps when I have a set back and I also adopt a "fake it till you make it" attitude. You've accomplished so much so far and I can tell by your wanting to put a pedal to the metal that you're ready to keep on doing great.

Donna, I'm hearing you on not wanting to be perfectionists but having that be part of our nature. The all or nothing attitude has sunk my ship more than once! Good luck with all you're doing. :

Bandit, you're doing great. and for having such a well planned Friday night. That's terrific! And congrats again on your wonderful weight loss.

Chrily, feel better soon. We love having you back here.

I've gotta run, but wanted to tell you about the dude ranch. We had so much fun. I didn't get up on a horse and the pool water was freezing. But I did archery and got a bull's eye! How about that? Played ping pong and walked a lot and rowed a rowboat and sat in the shade and enjoyed the scenery. Mostly we all ran after our little grandson who had a ball. He rode a horse (on a lead) for the first time and loved it. I came back the same weight as when I left so I think the moving helped a lot and also the meals where included. They served regular portions--not heaping portions--and the food was okay==nothing to write home about so there wasn't much damage done there. I had to stay away from the vending machines LOL a WW temptation if ever there was one. So, all in all the weekend away was wonderful. Today I helped out at my dd's but brought my salad with me. Another temptation adn I thought of Chrily--=dgrandson wanted Micky D's for lunch and wanted to eat it there! Ugh. Luckily I had an apple in my purse and ate that. I think that should work out well.
Okay, I'm rambling. Hey tomorrow I'm attending a writers' workshop that I have been meaning to get to for a very long time. I'm proud that I made the commitment.
Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/212.2/209.6 looking for a good outcome!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #49  
Turtle wanna be

Cool Monday-frest start

OK out with the old in with the new
It's a new month
fresh start
refocused

Added a new routine to my actives. The Stability Ball. I have a lot to learn. Only did demo mode, not ready for work out yet. But I will be. Going to do it Mon, Wed, Fri,

Going to the Ortho Dr tomorrow. Wish me luck. I am hoping he gives me the OK on my Leslie Sanson DVD. I plan to do that on Tues and Thur

Have set a goal for June. Want to be down by 66 pounds. Thats 12 pounds for the month, over 3 pounds a week. In the 5 months I have been doing the program I have only lost that much 6 times. It's going to be hard but possible. The 66 pounds will put me at the half way mark of the 132 I want to loose.

Judy- A dude ranch! How cool. Was it near by where you live or did you travel, fly? And a bullseye how awesome is that. Better not pick up a gun, you'll hit your target for sure.
Have wondered why I over eat. Think most of this weekend was "peer pressure" even though I was with my WW leader I still followed like a sheep when I knew in my head I shouldn't. and Thursday was DS birthday, I made his favorite-tacos, I just can't resist. Did use low fat sour cream like that helps all the greasy meat, cheese, fried shells ext ext. So as you can see I have excuses and other people to blame. hahah
Old 06-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend & back on track.

As Msmeri said: New month - new goals. Lets do it.

I struggled abit over the weekend, but not as bad as usual. Couldn't pass up the cake at the shower - oh well, I'm human.

Made a new recipe yesterday that was really good.

Cabbage casserole:
4 chops chopped cabbage
1-1/2# lean ground beef
1/2 medium chopped onion
sauerkrat
tomato sauce
salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt
sour cream

Put chopped cabbage in casserole dish, topped with cooked beef & onion,
top that with sauerkrat & pour on tomatoe sauce. Cook at 300 for 1-1/2 hours. Then top with sour cream & put back in oven at 400 for about 10 min.
This was a really good low carb dish and so easy to prepare. Enjoy!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #51  
Chick

Bandit, that casserole sounds easy and yummy--exactly my kind of food.

Msmeri, wonderful about your measurements changing so nicely. Weigh to go!

Princess, I hope your interview went well and they've got a spot for you. they seem to love you.

Today I did something that I have been meaning to do for ages==ever since I retired. I joined my friend's writing group. She led us through a meditation at first and then when we were ready, she had us choose a "jump start" and had us write. I went far afield from the jump start, but ended up with a very short story complete to the end which I was very pleased with. I'll be going each Tuesday in June and am looking forward to the next session. I liked the comments from our little group and I wrote a fiction piece since I didn't feel like revealing too much about myself yet.

Eating plan is going well. Tomorrow is WI for me and I hope to have stayed the same or even lost a little.
Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/212.2/209.6 thinner into onederland
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #52  
Turtle wanna be

Cool Quick Question

Hey Guys,

When is my ticker thing going to show up? I thought it was after 20 posts..Was I wrong ... is it when you have been here a month?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #53  
Chick

Oh Msmeri, I hope someone has an answer for you because I have no idea how any of that works. Good to see you chiming in!
Judy
Old 06-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #54  

Morning, turtles:

Msmeri - I read somewhere that it is after 30 posts - so should be now.
I tried to add the ticker & I cannot figure it out - maybe I will try and get one of the guys here at my office to help me out.

Judy - good luck today at your weigh in!

Princess - here's hoping you get the job.

Tonight is also my w/i and I really think I will be down abit - at least hoping for that. Other than my shower day, I stayed OP and got in 8 miles of walking this week. Last night for a snack I had green jello with cool whip & that did the trick for not going overboard.

Hoping everyone has a great OP day.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Did well yesterday with food, water and exercise!

Today's going to be a long one for me -- driving two hours each way to visit my favorite quilt store, then this evening we're going out to dinner with my son and his now-official fiancee'!! My first time to see the ring on her finger. I'm saving points at breakfast and lunch so I don't have to feel deprived at dinner, but I won't go too overboard cuz she (and her mom) just joined Weight Watchers! Gotta be a good example, doncha know.

Msmeri and Bandit, the ticker won't show up automatically. You have to go to your User CP (far upper left on the page) and select "edit signature." Then just follow the prompts. Hope this helps!

Last edited by ladynredd; 06-03-2009 at 09:48 AM.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #56  
Turtle wanna be

Question Roll Model

Good job on the job well done yesterday. I know you will set a good example for the new WW members you are eating with today.

I see the User CP on the upper left
I looked there
all I found was....
SETTINGS & OPTIONS
edit email & password
edit profile
edit options
edit Avatar
edit profile pictures
PRIVATE MESSAGES
list messages
send new messages
edit folders
SUBSCRIBED THREADS
list subscriptions
edit folders
MISCELLANEOUS
event reminders
buddy / ignore lists
Attachments

I think I clicked them all but, still didn't see "edit signature"
I thought it should be under settings & options
or maybe
Attachments

Still don't see
Old 06-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Msmeri, that's strange. It's the very first option on mine, above the one to edit email. Maybe you have to be a member for a longer period of time? I joined so long ago I don't remember.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #58  

Hi turtles:

It is also the 1st one on mine and I followed the prompts but can't figure out the copy/paste thing. I get it all set up & thats about it.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #59  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, good luck tonight Bandit for your WI! : and : I love how you handled your food this week. Weigh to go!

I have such great news. I am down .8# from my last WI. However, if you remember (and how could you?), last week I opted out of weighing in since I had had very salty food on Tuesday night and had gained 2# by Wed. morning on my home scale. So, I am now officially at my lowest weight since WW started its new program of Momentum! Yeah! I lost those salty 2# and an additional .8# and that makes me happy. Now onward and downward for the rest of it!

Donna, have a good visit. How exciting that your son is officially engaged! And how wonderful that all involved are into WW and the healthy eating habits it suggests.

Okay, gotta run and plant my basil. My leg is finally feeling a little better.
Take care all and have a great day!
Judy
234.6/211.4/209.6 less than two pounds from 25#down!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #60  
Chick

Whoops, we have gotten so long that I'm going to start another thread. See you all at #216 Bale of Turtles Kicking It!