Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 08:50 AM   #1  

Red face Thin Thursday

The week is almost over! I am definitel going to need some distractions to get me through this day, so come out and post! I am kinda bummed about my eating yesterday - it wasn't anything TOO bad, and it's not like I'm feeling guilt-ridden or anything...just a bit disappointed I was totally on track all day, and I decided to go to my boyfriend's bar and have dinner there. I got a grilled chicken salad with no dressing, just vinegar. I also had 3 lite beers, but was still within my calorie range. Then I get home and proceed to eat 2 large bowls of corn pops and a skinny cow - nothing EXTREMELY bad, but it pushed me over 2,000 calories for the day - not sure how many points that is. Stopping with just one bowl would hae been ok, but of course I couldn't do that. Ah well.....
Old 06-13-2002, 09:35 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default Hello....

Ali - I think you are upset b/c deep down, even though you are at goal and by NO MEANS overweight, there are still Ali sensitivities. You are right, that kid is a super-idiot. I am going to assume that there are other things going on right now that are bothering you and making you more sensitive. I bet that in a few days you'll feel much better. I am sure your butt is perfect!!

Lexxy - yeah, I am so understanding you - I am the same way with eating. Even though I can stop at one, I go for two, etc. I hear ya. Oh well, you could have had a burger at the bar, and been WAY over in points.....so you did good!! Look at it that way.

Well, I have been super all week - except last night I had a chicken mcgrill at mc d's for dinner - it was 8pm by the time we were ready to eat, so I don't feel too bad. It was Mc'd's or starve. My scale said 212 after I was dressed and ate breakfast, so I think I'll be down today, but I am discouraged to pay $14 if I am not. I mean, I even notice my clothes are a bit looser, etc, yet I am scared to WI. Also, TOM is due on Saturday, which makes me more scared.....dilemma - to go or not to go, that is the question.

Well, I better get to work, I have a TON to do and I have to leave early to get my new cast fitted.

Adios.

Belle
Old 06-13-2002, 09:35 AM   #3  

Default Happy Thursday!

Well-I am happy today b/c I have a half day-we found out a few weeks ago that we had to use up all of our personal time by the ends of the month-so I took off this afternoon and a day in two weeks-It's nice sometimes to have time off mid week. I am hopefully going to decorate and clean my kitchen in preparation for visitors this weekend. I also need to go shopping for a dress for a black tie optional wedding this summer.
I have been OP (more or less) for six days-and it feels good o be in control. yesterday I was craving M and M's-so I bought a bag, spilled it out, counted out half of them and then threw away the other half! the woman at the counter must have thought I was nuts But they were good and only two points worth!
My jeans that were tight last week definitely feel better, in spite of PMS bloating, so i will hopefully have a loss this week.
Hi Lexxy-don't worry about yesterday-as you said, at least you ate things that were relatively healthy-we all need to splurge once in a while!
Hi to everyone else-come out and post!
Tilley-It looks like we are going to Fireand Ice this Saturday with DH's sister and her 'eternal fiance'-mmmm!!! hey-have you scanned in that recent picture? I am trying to get wedding pictures on here-the resolution was too high....
Old 06-13-2002, 09:37 AM   #4  

Belle-GO!!! you may be surprised!!!

Ali-That kid is an insensitive clod....I would kill to be a size six!!!
It all goes to show how much mass media and marketing play a role....that's why I like mode magazine-I think Emme is beautiful!
Old 06-13-2002, 09:56 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Mode

Me too - I like the Mode magasine, but its hard to find here. In 2000 I went on a modeling competition in Seattle for plus models. I won a contract with Blanches, out of Vancouver. I didn't go for it though, b/c they need you to go on one day's notice. Pretty hard to have a career and just up and leave when they call. Plus, it isn't my dream, it my mom's.

BUT did you know, they consider plus to be a size 8/10 and up?? There were girls there, one in particular who was awesome and all the higher end, like Ford, were interested in her - and she was like super fit and thin - and she was deemed plus!! That blew my mind. There I was at about size 18/20 at the time. I was shocked.

I might go...still wishy-washy. I am depressed the past few weeks, being hurt and unable todo things, and WI depresses me more b/c I know I am OP and doing really good -just sedentary, which I can't help for right now. I Have to concentrate on healing so I CAN start to exercise again. I never ever thought I'd miss running/walking/blading and swimming...who knew??

Belle
Old 06-13-2002, 10:04 AM   #6  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning All -

Jess - I'm sorry to hear that your cruise/vacation plans are off. How about taking a vacation by yourself? I did last year and it was the best vacation ever because I did only what I wanted when I wanted.

Jayne - Re: the swimsuit in front of 50 people - Ugh! I'd have a hard time with that no matter what I weighed. My aunt always used to tell me to fake it until I could make it. If you pretend that you are confident in the swimsuit, you'll come across as the most beautiful woman in the room. Think about it, the woman who always gets noticed is the one that regardless of her appearance acts as though she owns the room.

Ali - Isn't it amazing how we let hurtful comments by people we barely know stick with us? That kid was a jacka**. Think about it this way - in 15 years he'll have developed a beer belly and be balding. You on the other hand will still be drop dead gorgeous because you've learned to take care of yourself and eat healthy.

Lexxy - I'm right there with you. Seems that I've spent most of the last month having 2 or 3 OP days and then a day like you described. Not enough to gain but just enough damage to prevent a loss.

Belle - Go to WI! Even if the scale doesn't respond the way you want it to, you will be aware of what is going on.

Lori - Congrats on eating just 1/2 the bag of M&M's. That's amazing willpower!

Well, I spent yesterday morning waiting on a plumber who never showed up. They are supposed to call me this AM to set-up a PM appointment. I'm not holding my breath. Very frustrated though because I can't run my AC until the problem is corrected and it is HUMID here in Indy. Also found out on Tuesday that my company isn't going to grant me a second interview for my dream job. I'm extremely disappointed. Trying to decide if I should just get a 2nd job and wait until something opens up in my company or if I should start a full fledge job search. Well, I need to get to work. All the time out of the office dealing with relatives, plumbers and landscape stuff this week has me really behind.

Winter
Old 06-13-2002, 11:15 AM   #7  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Angry Hello!

Hello, everyone!! Just got back from participating in plant clean-up day. It totally sucked--we had to clean the turbine deck and it's easily 85 degrees in there, so for the hour that I was in there, sweat was just dripping off. It was gross and now I feel disgusting.

I forgot to tell you guys that I went to WI on Tuesday. I was a little disappointed to find that I was up .2. I know that's barely a gain, but when you're expecting a loss even a teeny gain is discouraging.

So, cruise plans are off and so are Myrtle Beach plans. I guess the plans now are to go to Mall of America. But I don't really consider that a vacation, it's more of a little trip. I was looking forward to the cruise because we'd be able to see some Mayan ruins and go to beautiful beaches. And when that got cancelled, I was looking forward to Myrtle Beach because we could spend time on the beach, still do some fun water activites, and maybe visit some old plantation houses nearby, if we could find any. Mall of America is just shopping, most of which I can do here, so I'm a little disappointed. Since the girl I'm going with backed out twice, I don't see why I couldn't back out of going to Mall of America and I'm kind of considering it.

Lexxy--Don't kick yourself. Two bowls of Corn Pops and a Skinny Cow aren't worth fretting over.

Ali--I hope you kicked that kid right in the groin. His girlfriend would have been really impressed by that. And, it's easy for me to say this, but don't let it bother you. People sometimes are vindictive by nature. The thing I tell myself that always makes me feel better is "they'll get theirs." Someday down the road, maybe someone will laugh at his "package"--he'll get what he deserves.

Belle--Definitely go! You're not just imagining that your clothes are fitting looser. You've had a great week! There is no reason for you not to go! I understand your fear of being discouraged, but just think how ENcouraged you'll be when you see that you're down!!

Winter--You took a cruise by yourself? Was it expensive? Was it scary? What line did you cruise on? (So many questions!) Hmmm, wish I could offer you advice on what to do about the job thing. I work a second job and the arrangement I've made with my boss is perfect. Basically, I just come in from 5-8 when nobody else can make it. It's ideal and the extra little bit of money is great.

OK, ladies, I gotta get some more work done. I've been busting my a** even more than usual since yesterday's note from the boss. Will check back in later!!
Old 06-13-2002, 11:33 AM   #8  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Angry

Hi everyone!

Winter, you don't know how encouraging your words are. Thanks. I think that you should talk to some HR people and headhunters who deal in your field, because life is too short to waste on a job that you're not thrilled with. Look at your savings, and if you can afford to go public with your job search, go for it! If not, just tell the people on the other end about your need for confidentiality and by law, they have to respect that.

Jess, Mall of America is a pretty cool place...have you ever been up there? As a Minne"snow"den, I've been there many times and I'm still not tired of it (and I'm not a huge shopper, either). There are swimming beaches up here, as well as some really fun attractions to visit. Not that a beach on a Minnesota lake can even compare with Myrtle Beach, but they are up here. Of course, you can probably see aquariums, zoos, art museums, etc. in any large city, but it may be better than you think if the people you are with are willing to leave the Megamall. If you do go, be sure to go to the deuling piano bar in the mall at night...it's the most fun at a bar I've ever had. Good luck with your plans.

Belle, doesn't that absolutely disgust you as to what constitutes a plus-size model? How are we supposed to see the clothes as they are truly going to look on real plus-sized women if they are shown on size 10's? It's dumb enough to make you scream.

Lori, way to go on the M&M's...I never could have done it! I'd have gone the whole four points and cut out a fruit serving. You are stronger than I am!

Lexxy, isn't it great that we start off each day with a new fresh slate? That's something my WW leader said to me once, and it's stuck with me. She always told us to disreguard all the past eating mistakes because each day is a fresh start and a chance to be successful with your points. In the meantime, grab some celery sticks and cucumber for when the munchies hit...that crunching always wears my jaw out too much to even think about eating anything else!

I hope you all have a great day and a great weekend. I'm going to take some excellent advice and just put on my swimsuit and keep thinking "Goddess" over and over! I wonder if I can do that with a straight face? We will see...
Old 06-13-2002, 12:00 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

I just wanted to quickly stop by and say hi. We found a great outfit for my friend last night and I was shocked when she was trying on size 11s and they were fitting her, she's tiny. Plus sized my A**! Oh well. THere was actually an article in the paper about how many stores are label their larger sized garments with smaller sized labels (a size 11 person would wear a size 9 jeans) - it's called flattering the customer. Isn't that crazy? So you can only tell what size you are by measurements because the tags don't mean anything. I guess that's all I have to rant about.

Have an OP day everyone.

KT
Old 06-13-2002, 01:36 PM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

I was out yesterday for training... so I wasn't able to really check the posts.

And I'm making up yesterdays work...so I don't have too much time.

Ali - what most girls would give to be a size 6. I think I'll cry the day I can fit into 6's. That boy was a loser.... for anyone to say anything mean about someone they dont know, just means they are insecure about something and need to make up things about others to make themselves feel cool. You're awesome and you've got a great @ss!

Belle - go - I bet you will be down... and you're doing the work, not them... the $14 payment isn't about losing or gaining, it's about going and getting support whether you gain or lose... and for me I need to be held accountable when I have a bad week. Sounds like you're down though... keep us posted.

Morning Lexxy - your day didn't sound too bad to me. I wouldn't sweat it.

Lori - Have fun at Fire and Ice... I so love that place. I'd love to see your wedding pics... I'll have to get mine in.. I'm being lazy. And, did I tell you about the Low Fat No Fat cafe in Watertown? OMG! I have 2 point fries and a 7-point Thai chicken wrap. Sooo good.

Belle, WInter, KT, Aaronsmom and Jess - HELLO. I have a meeting at 2:00 I need to prepare for... but I'll come say hello later.

Y'all all have a great afternoon!

Lisa
Old 06-13-2002, 03:30 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Wow - no one's posted in a couple hours... where is everyone?

Belle... that's awesome you were chosen... people had suggested I try modelling plus sizes too, but not only do I doubt I was model material... while the plus size modelling industry opens the media up to women of different sizes... .they still needed the tall girl, long legs... not the short one!!! It sounds like it would have been fun to try out.

Winter - good luck with the plummer!!!! Indy.... I'm going to be in Indianapolis for a wedding next may. I've never been there before.

Jess - sorry about your plans... I hope you have fun anyway. And .2 pounds could be a a breeze.... not even.

KT - don't tell me that!!! Just kidding... I should face the truth I guess. I just thought that while most of my pants are 10's... that maybe just maybe the size 8's I bought were for real. Oh well... soon.

Aaronsmom - just do it. You are a goddess!!!!!!! I know what you're going through though. My work just opened an indoor pool. I love to swim and I really want the exercise... but I was SO SCARED to get in my bathing suit in front of coworkers. I have to admit... I'm still not loving it, but I'm getting better.

Sooooo... not too much here. I had a HUGE salad with chicken, peppers, cucumbers and onions.... no dressing. I made it myself...it was so good. I had like 5 oz. of chicken, so that was at least 5 points....it was pretty good.

Other than that....I just booked a flight to Alaska for Labor Day week. I'm so excited. I have a friend who lives there and I have enough frequent flier miles... so I said what the hey!

Okay - I better get back to work!

Lisa
Old 06-13-2002, 03:39 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Default Woo hoo

Girls, I went and I was down 4#!! Which is exactly 0.2 lower than the week I had my accident, so I am, well, back on the downward slope. I have to go back to work, so I must run, but thanks for kicking my butt to get me to go.

Oh, and Lisa - I am too short too - I was under 5'7 but I rounded up, and now after my fall, I lost 20% of 2 vertibrae, so I am closer to 5'6 - oh well!! You should go if there is a free try out sometime!!

Belle
Old 06-13-2002, 03:51 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Way to go Belle!! All that worrying must have ate away a few pounds!

KT
Old 06-13-2002, 04:28 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Belle, honey, no offense, but you're not short! Lisa's 4'10" and I'm 5 feet — that's short! In my book, no one qualifies for short unless they're under 5'3". But I'd kill for even two or three more inches!

Congrats on the 4 lbs, by the way!

Ali: Don't listen to the silly boy. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was riding along with a cop and some rowdy people at a house we stopped at insulted me and called me fat. Course, I really had a fat a**, but it hurts whenever people are mean. Just think: You're living your life as a strong, beautiful woman. He's living his as a mean, wannabee-cool, probably pimply-faced teenager who probably shoves kids into lockers.

Hi to everyone ... sorry I can't respond to everyone. The big story I've been procrastinating about FOREVER? It's due tomorrow, which means I have to stay late to finish it. I'll sneak out for Pilates, though.

I'll be back tomorrow!

Oh, opinion please? This is the pattern we picked out for my wedding dress. What do you all think? It's the one with short sleeves. If for some reason the link doesn't take you right to the pattern, click on the bridal patterns on the McCalls site and it's No. 3455.

http://www.mccall.com/bridal00/3455/3455lead.htm
Old 06-13-2002, 04:44 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

KIM - its a gorgeous dress!! I think you'll look amazing....Yeah, I am not super short, but by model standards I am too short. They want over 5'7. My sister is 5'9, so I always feel short in comparison. now I am really 5'6, not closer to 5'7.

Belle
Closed Thread