Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Post Thursday Chatters for May~

Hi,

We welcome anyone who wants to join us. At some time or another we once weighed on Thursdays. If I don't mind saying so.... we are a very supportive group and help each other out anyway we can. We've been through lots together.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #2  
jeanne

Hi everyone! Well today I went to the grocery store and shopped healthy. I cleaned out the fridge and the cupboards and oh do I feel good!
I'm getting ready to eat my healthy dinner and then I'm going to work out again.

Everyone have a great weekend! I'll be checking back in on you!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #3  
jeanne

HEY YOU SLEEPY HEADS!!!!! Get up!!! I need some motivation here!

Happy Saturday!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Jeanne, thanks for starting us off this month. I don't think anyone else knows we have a new thread.

Congrats on getting all that healthy food.
Anyone ever have a tight calf muscle that just wouldn't go away? I woke up with one yesterday. It's still really sore. I didn't do a thing to deserve this.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #5  
jeanne

I started my "new" eating habits and added alittle exercise a week ago today, so I thought I'd weigh in and see.............down 2.5#! Wooooosh!

Tina - I have been having muscle spasams in my calves and my feet!!!!!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Wow, it's a beautiful day here!!!

Jeanne, that's great about your 2.5 loss!!!!!!!!!
Do tell me about your calf muscles spasms. Friday, I just woke up with a tight calf muscle and it's still really sore.

How is everyone else doing? No muscle tightness, I hope.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #7  
Susan

Howdy,

I get calf cramps all the time!!! Eat more potassium like bananas. I tend to get them in the middle of the night and end up trying not to scream!!! Take advil. I even resort to that icy rub at times!

Pat's folks have been here since Thursday. They left today. It was fun having them here. However, company two weekends in a row is not good for dieting. So I'm back on track (I hope!) I cleaned out the pantry myself and threw lots away!!

We've had some MAJOR storms here. Lightning hitting a little too close too. The pasture across from us!!!

Let's get on track and knock some weight off!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #8  
jeanne

Happy Marvelous Monday everyone! I'm tired and achey and cold! I dunno why either. Yesterday was a lazy day and I haven't done anything phyiscal yet today! hmmmm! I hope I'm not getting sick! Although, I still have a pesky cough. I have been fighting with it since November. I googled it. Shouldn't have!

Anyways - Tina - Yea, those garsh darn calf muscle spasams.........well I heard that about bananas as well as water. Sometimes I think it's my shoes. I dunno. I also do the icy hot rub when they happen. Sometimes I can't fall back to sleep, thats how severe they get.

I'm not off to the best start today. I'm at work, alone. When I'm alone I tend to eat more chocolate. I have had FIVE pieces today! Urgh! I actually feel kinda sick. And PATHETIC! I can't stress enough that this is not a "good" job for me!

Did anyone see the Early Show this morning? Well, they had Emmie (plus size model) and a skinny, put together, retail finance woman on. The topic was should plus size clothing be offered in stores such as "Forever", "Rue", and the other clothing stores geared toward teenagers. The skinny woman, was rude and nasty and said absolutely not!!!!!!! She used the word fat girls and also stated (in my opinion) that heavy girls don't deserve to be awarded with nice clothes. She said parents have failed these girls and they should be taught that good eating and exercise habits are important and if
Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #9  
jeanne

sorry about that.........I had a customer....................

cont..........
if they want to wear the clothes thin girls are wearing they should be more disciplined with their eating habits.

WELL...........I COULD HAVE GONE THROUGH THE ROOF!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Wow, what a thing to say on national TV!!!!!

Well, girls, I spent the better part of Sunday afternoon and evening in the ER!
Turns out it wasn't the normal muscle cramp/tightness.
I've got two blot clots in my left leg! One is just above the inside of my knee and the other is that DVT. It goes from my knee, down an inside vein. WHY ME!!!! (pardon my yelling.)
I'm on two kinds of blood thinners this week. Next week, I'll just be on Coumidin until the clots dissolve.
My leg hurts like the blazes. Tomorrow morning, I go get a support stocking for that leg.
My doc was funny this morning. He was a little concerned that I saw him last Thursday and I began having problem on Friday morning.

One medicine is given by injection. I told the ER dr. that I couldn't do that and was told that I could do it!
Larry is getting to give them to me--twice a day. He's working from home this week. Yea!
So now y'all know what I've been up to. As of tomorrow, I can get off the sofa and walk around more, even go to the store. I'm not going to be too adventurous for a few more days.

Last edited by Tina; 05-05-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #11  
Susan

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Some doctors we are!!!!! Tina, how horrible!! I'm glad you went to get checked out. Do they think it's a result of your surgery? Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!

Jeanne, that is a horrible thing to say. I would want to jump threw the tv.

I got home yesterday. Pat was home, he had taken the day off. I come home to find my bike (yes, the deadly bike) out on the drive way. He had fixed it all up. Now remember the tree that jumped out in my way when he bought it for me about 5-6 years ago and I ended up in the ER. Well, he has refused to fix it for me. I guess he got tired of me saying I wanted to ride it. I rode yesterday and today. Now don't forget I live on a rock road. Pat's going to mow a path around the pasture so I can ride. I'm excited.

Well, off to watch some tv.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #12  
jeanne

Oh my goodness Tina! So glad they caught that blood clot! Those can be dangerous if not caught! You take care! I too was in the ER last night. I was coughing so hard I couldn't breathe!!!! They did some tests and a breathing treatment and sent me home! Went to my doctor at 9 a.m. this morning and .........I have Asthma!!!!! Then with allergy season here, I guess it will trigger an Asthma attack just like that!!!! I'm getting ready to go to Target to pick up my 5 (can you believe it) perscriptions. 2 I will be on forever, the other 3 are short term!!!

Well, gotta run! Everyone TAKE CARE!!!!!!! WE ARE TOO YOUNG FOR ALL THIS!

PS - Susan, YAY on the bike! You go girl!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Good Grief Charley Brown!!!!!
Maybe we should let someone shoot us.

Jeanne, I am so so sorry about your asthma. How long were you in the ER?
I hope you get to feeling better very soon.
Susan, please, please be careful on your bike!!!!!
Dori, I hope you don't have some catastrophe to write us about.
Maureen, please let us hear from you!
3Meows, you are new here. We really aren't all sick, all of the time.
Tammy, how was the weekend? I'm sure it was a spiritual uplift for you.

Well friends, I went this morning and bought a lovely support stocking for my left leg. They had to measure me for it. At least, it's an open-toed one. I put it on before I get up and wear it until I go to bed. I guess I'll take my showers at night now.
Surely I'll lose a pound this week. With all this comotion, I'm really not hungry. However, I've got to eat some because of taking this blood thinner medicine. Yuck!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #14  

EVERYONE GET HEALTHY AND FEEL BETTER!!!!!

Tina, take care of yourself and do what the doctors say. Blood clots aren't anything to mess with as I'm sure you already know.

Susan, be careful on the bike!!!!

Jeanne, asthma! Oh my! Take care of yourself too!

My weekend was absolutely amazing. Friday morning I sang a duet with a friend, and we did fine. I was nervous, but it sounded pretty good I thought. I gave my talk on Friday morning too, and it went fine. I talked about Bob during the talk, and I didn't totally break down. Just enough tears to make it real I guess. Lots of laughter and tears all weekend. Not enough sleep though. I might have had 8-10 hours of sleep from Thursday night till I got home on Sunday night. Needless to say, I slept almost all day on Mon. and Tues. Went to aerobics this morning, but I took a nice nap this afternoon.

No more weight loss. After eating all weekend, I was surprised I hadn't gained 10 pounds! Tim and I leave for Disney on Monday morning. We'll be home Sat. the 16th sometime that night.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Hi everyone!

Tammy, I'm glad you had such a good weekend. You should've recorded your singing. We would all love to hear that.

Jeanne, how are you feeling friend?

Susan, are you staying on the bike?
Dori, 3meows, Maureen, what's going on?

Yuck is all I can say tonight! Just taking blood thinner is scary and difficult enough. But, you have to be very, very careful what you eat. Anything that contains a lot of Vitamin K is bad. It will counteract the Coumadin trying to thin the blood.
I have a long list of the foods that are high, medium and low. Any leafy veggie is bad and not to be eaten. Things like mayo, blueberries, certain nuts, olive oil, etc. are a "no, no."
Now I have to go over the list and see what on earth I can eat on Mother's Day. Oh, I can't go out for Mother's Day lunch because of the clots. I can't go to church, either! Larry and David will have to get take-out and bring it here. What a mess! I can have shrimp but don't think I can get them fried because I can't be certain of the oil used. I just want to cry.