My first weigh-in: 10.4 pounds lost!

Planned, weighed, measured, cooked, journalled....it worked

One day at a time.
~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #2  

Hi Jen,

:
Such a great start, you know what worked this week.

Here's wishing you another great week

I had a busy day today, at church for a meeting this morning, to the doctor's to get the staples removed, and then spent 8 hours with my mom.

Hi to everyone, hope everyone is having a good week!

Sandy
Sandancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thanks, Sandy
How are you feeling? Glad to hear the staples are out.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #4  

Hi Jen,

My head is only a little sore where I had the gash, I guess I heal fast. Thank goodness. It was weird being with my mom on Thursday and not even mentioning it. I had decided not to worry her with my injury. She is doing quite well with the pain management right now, so we made it to one of her favorite discount stores and had a casual dinner out together. I think on alternate days she spends a lot of time napping, and I was with her on a good day.

I would love to get back to WW, but until I can I am back on my treadmill at least 2-3 times per week. I think I lost about 1.5 so far.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, we are having a respite from the winter cold until tomorrow when we expect snow and ice.

Sandy
Sandancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Very quiet in here!

Weigh in for this week resulted in a gain of .2 ...... I was prepared for a small gain after a particularly stressful week, so it was actually better than I expected.

How's everyone doing? Spring is coming, it's 63 degrees here today !

have a great weekend,
Jen
Old 03-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #6  

Sandy,
The SUPERBOWL was great. I am still on a high. LOL
I am so glad you are ok. That will make you count blessings for sure. I hate getting older. I will be 50 in 2 weeks. I feel every ache and pain.
I hope your mom is doing better.

Jen,
CONGRATS on your loss. I know you will keep it up. I am so glad you had a great cruise. So romantic.

Dianne,
That is great about the kid's cruise. Where do they teach?

We are still going to the gym. Brittany is going by herself today though because I am so stuffed up. Sinus or a cold? It is March so I will take my pick.

TTYL,
Terri
I have lost a total of 9# since I started.
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies,

I spent a few minutes catching up. Hope everyone is having a good week. It turned cold and rainy here in Louisiana this week. Thank goodness it is Friday, wish it would be warm and pretty this weekend, I have so much to do in the yard!

Jen, your cruise must have been wonderful. How was New Orleans? I haven't been down there since before Katrina. Congrats on your weight loss! I know you must feel good about being in control again! How is your sister? Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Diane, how was Alana's trip! What an awesome gift! Where and what do they teach! Glad the bank incident wasn't as bad as it could have been. The news channels are always full of such horrible things...

Sandy, welcome back...how is your mom. I will also keep your family in my prayers also. My father past away with lung cancer four years ago...I know what dealing with cancer is like and so hope that I never have to deal with it again. But with an ex smoker as a husband and two daughters that smoke, chances are I'll will. Glad you had a good day with her, treasure those moments!

Terri, are you keeping up with Biggest Loser? So many twist and turns this season. Ron is definitely playing the game, and doing a good job of staying and getting some of the stronger players out. Who are your picks for the winner, I'm thinking maybe Kristin or Mike...but of course, Tara is in the lead with the percentage of weight loss.

What else are you watching, I'm keeping track of Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, Biggest Loser, and Celebrity Apprentice. Thank goodness for DVR!! LOL

I'm still going to the gym. I haven't had any amazing loses...really haven't focused on food at this point. I'm mostly just trying to make working out a habit....I did measure a few days ago and I have lost about a total of 5 inches in the last 6 weeks. None from the belly though.

Well, it's about time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great weekend. Talk to your girls later.

Last edited by short & sassy; 03-13-2009 at 07:43 AM.
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #8  

Ruth,
I watch all those. I didn't like how Ron just comes out and says Mandi it is your turn to go home. I know it is the game but I don't like how he begs for his son and then preaches. Not my favorite. I used to not like Aubrey and Mandi but they are growing on me, I can't stand Laura and Tara gets on my nerves. Oh and don't get me started on "needs a haircut and new dye job Helen".
Celebrity Apprentice is fun. Didn't like it past the first one until they brought in the celebrities but I think Deal or No Deal model as a celebrity is a stretch.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #9  

Terri,

I pretty much agree with ou on all counts for BL. I can't say I really dislike anyone like I did last season, but I do agree that some get on my nerves more than others. At least there is no totally evil person in the mix!!

I love Celebrity Apprentice, and I liked the regular version also. But I really like Celebrity, it is so telling of personalities. I was so proud of Trace Adkins last season. He did not come across like a Louisiana "redneck". I mean, this guy is from a very small town north of Shreveport! In fact, the video for "Your Gonna Miss That" is set in his hometown of Sarepta. I wasn't ever really a Clint Black fan, but I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing. Talking about the model for Deal or No Deal as a celebrity, what did you think about the girl who was dumped by the "Bachelor" being on Dancing with the Stars, now that is a stretch!! LOL Hey do you know who Jesse James is? I have a bet with my husband that you knew who he was.

Talk to you later,
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #10  

Jesse James is in the series Monster Garage and details motorcycles and is married to Sandra Bullock. Do you win?

I loved Trace Adkins. I could not stand Pierce. I am so glad Andrew Dice Clay left first. What was up with EEE? Poor Scott.
You are right about Biggest Loser, I don't cringe when I see any of them like I did Vicky. I love reality TV.
Terri
Old 03-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #11  

LOL, yes I win, can't wait to tell him!!

Yeah, I'm a big reality tv junkie! I'm determined not to add anything else to the list!

So how are your gym workouts going. I just got back earlier from 2 1/2 hours at the gym. I did a step class, then did my strenght training and then went back downstairs and spent 35 minutes on the treadmill. I'll be so glad when I dip below 170 again, but it's taking too long. I'm currently holding around 172 - 173

Well I'm going to check out sparkpeople for the day. Talk to you later and if you hear from Essie, give her my love!
Old 03-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #12  

I am a reality junkie too. Here is my detailed list.
Celebrity Apprentice, Amazing Race, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol,
Biggest Loser,Survivor. That is what is on now. I did watch True Beauty, Big Brother 1-10, So You Think You Can Dance (My all time favorite). I also watched America's Got Talent but I usually got bored half way through. I watched Dance Wars last year with Bruno and Carrie Ann. If it looks interesting I will watch.
I didn't go to the gym but once last week cause I had a horrible cold/sinus flare up. I was foggy and weak and I lost 4 pounds. That was the only good thing. I am going to go about 3 days this week. That is great about your workouts.

Does anyone on here have facebook? We all joined. Anyone want to be friends?
Terri
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #13  

I don't have facebook, I do have a myspace page. I haven't gotten brave enought to try to manage another networking site yet.

The race was fun tonight. Running in their underwear was funny. I guess Maurice and I would have had to forfeit on that one!! LOL

I'm watching Apprentice now. Things are still kinda mellow at the moment no excitement yet. I love Jesse James, he is one cool dude. Can't wait to see how this task goes!

I hope you get to the gym this week. Tomorrow I will do Kickboxing, Tuesday Steps, Thursday probably a regular workout of strength training and treadmill. Then I'll probably go back Saturday for step, strength & treadmill...

Have a good week.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies,

Well, I spent most of yesterday with the munchies, I haven't a clue what that was about, maybe boredom? Anyway, this morning I decided to put my treadmill to work and walked for 30 minutes this morning. Tonight I'll go to the gym and do the kickboxing...but I felt that I need to up it a little and do some cardio every morning. Especially considering it may help your brain and I need all the help I can get in that department!!!

How is everybody? Diane? Jen? Sandy? and where is Zoe??? Essie, if you are reading the post, we love you!

Hey Terri, we have Dancing with the Stars is on tonight! I've got my DVR set just in case I'm late getting in from the gym. Well time to get ready for work...talk to you later.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #15  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Holy Moly! Feels like I haven't been here in a century!

Terri & Ruthie - congrats on the exercising - you guys are really going at it!
As for TBL, I too, did not like how Ron just said, Mandy, its your turn to go home -who made him the Chief Kahoona?? lol. The one thing I do like is how they all (on both teams) seem to get along - what a breath of fresh air from Vicky and Heba! I did not like how Helen (Terri, too funny with your description of her ) ate that cookie to mess Tara up. She cost her $10,000 and while I'm glad Sione won the money, I didn't think that was fair or nice. If the blue team goes to elimination again next week (what else is new?) Ron will probably say, time for you to go Aubrey. I was actually surprised that she wasn't voted out last night. I'd love to see Kristin or Aubrey win but I think it will be Tara or Sione.

Jen - Your cruise and visit to New Orleans sounded wonderful. I'm glad you enjoyed. Nice way for Joe to spend his birthday! Sal & Alana had a great time in Cancun - it was Sal's birthday also. They teach at a Christian school, Gateway Academy on Staten Island. The parents there are really generous. Congrats on your fabulous weight loss, holy moly that was a huge number. Don't you even think about that little old .2 - forget that! Your'e doing great.

Hi Sandy, hope you're doing better. So sorry about your mom, she's in my praryers. Its good that you get to spend time with her.

I seem to have stopped losing, which is a good thing in a weird way (never thought I'd say that). I think I'm pretty stabilized with my sugar, finally.

Es, amiga - how are you doing? Please come in and say hi.

Willie and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary (and 30 years together) tomorrow. We are going to see West Side Story (Willie's been dying to see it since he heard it was coming back). We'll also go out to a romantic restaurant for dinner. Should be fun. Wow, where do the years go?

Okay, gotta say bye-bye now. I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 03-18-2009 at 02:23 PM.
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote