Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 08:44 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Yaaaawwwnnn.... Monday's Thread

Starting the thread, will be back to post in a minute...
Old 06-10-2002, 08:51 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Good (sleepy) morning everyone!! Hope you all had a good weekend... Mine was pretty good, went to a friend's house on saturday night to watch the Tyson/Lewis fight. I was pleased with the outcome, I really didn't want Tyson to win. When I got to the party, I spent the majority of the night with two friends that do WW and did remarkably well. Then I started drinking and was like "What WW?"

Oh well, though, I could spend the week kicking myself in the backside or I could just concentrate on my goal for this week.

Well, not much to say until I see some replies, will check back later.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:17 AM   #3  

Unhappy

Morning girls...

My weekend was pretty terrible. Got into major fight with my BF Thursday night and spent all of Friday thinking we had broken up and basically just wallowing in food and misery. We made up Saturday afternoon and everything seemed great, went to visit him at his bar before going to meet up with other people for a friend's birthday at another bar. Well, not too proud of this, but I got COMPLETELY wasted drunk. I know I went back to my BF's bar after leaving the other bar early, but I don't remember too much after that. I usually stay and leave with him after he closes up, but I guess I just had to leave, because I went home in a cab by myself. Yesterday we were supposed to go to a concert and I called him to see what the plan was, left a message and he never called me back. I called a couple times and still nothing. I saw that he had signed online for a few minutes, so that's the only thing from keeping me thinking that he is dead on the side of the road somewhere or in the hospital or something. All I can think is that I did something really terrible when I went back to his bar and that he doesn't want to speak to me or see me. I have no idea what to do, but needless to say my imagination is running wild, and there is not much concentrating on anything else.

Sorry for the long non-weightloss post, but I'm just freaking about it. It's beyond the point where I'm mad at him for not calling me and letting me know what's going on, I'm just really realyl worried. What if I call again and he still won't answer - do I go to his house or work when I know he'll be there? I don't know if I can go into the bar, since I have no idea what I did there!
Old 06-10-2002, 09:37 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning girls
I had a good weekend
Saturday went to Brooklyn for whatever reason (part of my early bday celebrationI'm 26 EEEEK) had the best pizza ever I wasnt even remotely OP and we had free drinks at a bar on long sland that night so god knws and i dont want to calculate!
I also got checked out by 2 guys so at least I know I still got it!
yesterday was quiet just a family day and we had a special dinner
and I GOT GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL!!!! and a lovely watch woooooo
Spoil me baby!
Today i'm hittin the gym to do my new fave machine the NU step its a stepper u sit down to do ahhhh aerobic and lazy! also checking into a few things i have to get done and using dotties to calculate points and stuff
Lexxy hon go into the bar tuesday and see what you did he could just be being a pouty boys as boys tend to get pouty maybe he was jealous that you went out and had a good time without him
or indeed was just having a bad night
bbiab
Kier
Old 06-10-2002, 09:42 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Lexxy-Yikes, I have no advice to be quite honest. I guess I would go to his house or the bar if he still won't answer the phone calls. I mean it is not like you're stalking him he is your b/f. Just my opinion. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Jess-Morning!

Well my wknd was jam packed and full of food. Actually all of last wk I didn't even keep track of pts. I am afraid to get on the scale. I did go this AM though and buy groceries so hopefully today will be a better day and this wk too. My work is starting a WW at work program and picking up a 3rd of the cost. Yay!! Plus I have 5 coupons so they said they would prorate it. I have never ever ever gone consistently. I go once and when I do bad that wk I don't WI again. The most I have probably gone is 5 wks. So I am hoping since it will be with people I work with I will stick to it and be thinner for my big day. We are getting the 14wks for $91 plus I have the coupons I am excited. Unfortunately it is not at my site but it is only about 15minutes away and for the savings and the fact that I won't have to clock out to go I think it is worth it! So it begins on thursday and I can almost get to goal by the time the 14 wks is up if I stick with it. Ok girls I will check in later but I hope that everyone is doing well!

Becky
Old 06-10-2002, 09:49 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hi Kieri- We must have been posting at the same time. Happy B-day mine was last wk! WE are both 26! Congrats!!
Old 06-10-2002, 10:45 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Hidey Ho!

Helllloooooo

Well, WW wise my weekend was pretty good - cept for the movie popcorn I ate with my niece - we went to see Spirit, it was pretty good and my niece really liked it. Other than that, I did lots of laundry and hung out with my mom and sisters a lot. I was glad when b/f came home ,but he was tired from driving - not exactly quality time....oh well!

Jess and Lexxy - don't worry about the drinking WW wise, it won't effect you too much....Lexxy - boys are confusing. I wish I could offer good advice, but I have none except for make sure he deserves you and that you have fun (completely irrelevant, I know...) GIve the boy another chance to prove himself. Maybe his nose was out of joint

Hey Kier!! Happy early b-day - I too am 26 so old!! on the way to 30 - ha ha!! I get jealous when I hear people say they are hitting the gym when I know I can't -

Becky - I lost 25 # on the at work program, cuz my co-workers kept me in check and made me WI - then I left the company and it was harder cuz I was on my own. THe other 20 came off slower. I think it will work out good for you.

Well, back towork....

ciao for now.

Belle
Old 06-10-2002, 11:05 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Grace
I remember last year we were twins
Belle HI!!! I MISSED YOU WOMAN
dont be jealous about the gym my trainer is a guy my height and a sadistic ******* SWEAT KIERAN SWEAT!
as for turning 30 I'm slowly coming to accept that it will happen and from knowing our cool chicks in their 30s i know its gonna be as good as my 20s if not better
alright have to get off the puter make some calls and some food
bbl
Kier
Old 06-10-2002, 11:56 AM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi Folks

Well today I feel like a whale. I am so bloated none of my bras fit and I've been that way since friday. I was up 1# at WI but I'm pretty sure it's mostly water. It's been a while since I've been this bad. Oh well, I'll try to stay OP for the week and see what happens next saturday.

Lexxy - don't worry about the boy, it could be something completely different. Wait until you actually talk to him before you get too worried. If you don't hear from him, go find him.

Kier - So what have you cooked so far on George?

Becky - Yay for the at work - it's nice that they pick up part of the costs.

Belle - Did you ever think the day would come that you pine for the gym?

Hi Jess - I saw a picture of Tyson in the paper that made him look almost dead - I figured that meant he lost.

Well, I'll check back in later I have about 30 e-mails to answer. Ah Monday.

KT
Old 06-10-2002, 02:01 PM   #10  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone

My weekend was pretty good - got to see a couple of good bands at bars and stay at hotels after with a bunch of friends. and I got out of town! And I actually didn't get really drunk! What an accomplishment. So now I'm back and looking for a job (forever! sigh) and playing ball with my little sister and I will go for a walk later

Jess - don't worry about the weekend off ww - it'll just make you more motivated this week (hopefully )

Lexxy - that sucks about your weekend, but don't worry about it too much. i'd definitely get him to tell you what you did/said that night and then let him know that you weren't exactly "yourself."

Kier - happy birthday! George Foreman grills are awesome I cook chicken all the time on mine

Grace - happy birthday to you too a little late- i'm sure the at-work ww will keep you more motivated! and the getting paid for going sounds like a good idea! (not having to clock out & all that, almost pays for itself then)

and hello to belle and KT - I"m running out of time so have a good day everyoen
Old 06-10-2002, 02:57 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hello ladies.... I've been wanting to post for hours... but people at work are riding my @ss about every little thing. AGH!

But I love reading everyone's post.

Lexxy... sorry about the fight. Hopefully you'll hear from him soon. I hate worrying, because you want to check in on him because you're worried... but you don't want him to think you're obsessing... hopefully you didn't do anything too silly while under the influence. I've been there before.

Jess- glad you had a good weekend. I drank too... hopefully we'll be fine anyway!

Kier - happy birthday. Nice gifts! I've been wanting a george foreman. I think it will be my next reward. Sounds like you had fun!

Grace - we all have weeks like that. I was reading a book "thin for life" and I read something that totally made sense. It was saying how when people are on a weight loss program, and they have a bad week, they sometimes avoid their meetings and weigh ins. We say to ourselves "i'll get back on track and then I'll go back." but that's like saying.... I have the flu.... so, once I'm better, then I'll go to the doctor. We go to the doctor when we're sick, so he or she can make us better. So why when we go off program do we avoid meetings? That's when we need the meetings the most. It made a lot of sense... I thought I'd share... although I've done the same thing many times.... waited until I had a good week before going back.... but after reading that, I think I'll go even after bad weeks.

HI BELLE!

KT - I hate that. One week I was so bloated that my rings (that are usually too loose) wouldn't fit. I weighed in 4 pounds heavier! I was freaking out... but it was all water because the next week all four of those pounds were gone, plus 2 more.

Star - sounds like you had a blast!!! Good luck with the job search.

SOOoooo... Friday I was 9 points over, but I had banked 7... so really I was only 2 points over. I found this resterant near me with "AIR FRIES".... a nice size portion was only 2 points... I think I'll go there all the time!

Then.. I had a great guy night on Saturday.... recently, I've been getting more guy attention and I really like it... although I'm still a little self-concious. LIke when I go to bars and get hit on I think "oh, he's just drunk." But Saturday I met this really great nice guy and we were dancing all night. He bought me drinks and walked me to the bus stop, and gave me a short, but sweet good night kiss. But earlier in the night, I was thinking... oh he's just drunk... but when he bought my drink I asked why he didn't get one and he said he was the designated driver. It was nice to know he was actually interested, and not just hitting on me because he was drunk. He took my number... but I won't hold my breath. It was nice anyway... even if he doesn't call. I'm very used to guys not calling after they've taken my number. We'll see. He was a little young though. He's 23 and I'm 26. I should post this on the singles post....the posts there are getting fun to read.

I ran 4 miles yesterday. I've only run that far one other time. I think I could have gone even farther... but I had to get home and get stuff done.

Lisa
Old 06-10-2002, 02:58 PM   #12  
Water Freak

Hey everyone-
Well, Stick me into the crappy weekend group- two picnics on Saturday and big lunch w/ the family on Sunday-eep! On the upside, did a whole lot of walking on Saturday. And today has been really and truly fabulous. If I can just keep it up (motivation my way please!)

Winter- I'd say if you're feeling that bloated the 1# is definitely water weight. I always feel super-bloatey right before TOM, sort of like the fat is just flapping all over the place, but then it settles down right after, thank goodness!

Grace- WW at work sounds awesome! Wish we had a WW at school or something. More like weight gainers with the dining hall. Guess I can't complain about the free gym use though...

Lexxy- Good luck with the guy. That sounds like a bit of a mess. Hopefully he's just been kind of busy or something.

And Happy B-day Kier!

Ok, that's it for now, have to get going!

Cat
Old 06-10-2002, 03:24 PM   #13  

You girls are the best for all your advice!

Just have time for a quick post, but wanted to let you all know that it was a false alarm...He had lost his cell phone at work Sat. night, and ended up sleeping ALL day Sunday and missed the concert - he went to go call me and realized he didn't have his phone (and obviously hasn't memorized my #...grrr). Of course, he is a male, and was too stupid to just email me. He finally saw me online a little while ago and explained everything. Wohoo, I didn't embarrass myself at the bar

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls

Have to go to the dr, so no time for individual posts, but THANK YOU all
Old 06-10-2002, 06:23 PM   #14  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi Ladies...glad to hear that you all had fabulous weekends...whether pointswise or experiencewise. I have a question for you all. What do you do to motivate yourselves? Motivation is a thing that is so hard to create and/or find, and I'm just thinking that the more sources we can put our fingers on, the easier it is to tap into. Maybe hearing how you all motivate yourselves will help me to do so as well, in other words.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:08 PM   #15  

Default Send ME WILLPOWER!!

I am having an awful craving for sausage pizza!!! I don
t have fresh veggies at home-but I need to make something out of what I have there and AVOID THE PIZZA!!!!

Help!!!!!
Closed Thread