Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2000, 08:29 AM   #1  

WOW!!! #29 already. Let's go!
Terri
Old 11-16-2000, 04:23 PM   #2  

A quick good morning. I can't believe it's Thursday already!!! I feel very good today. Happier than usual. Nothing is different in my life. I hope it rubs off on some of my co-workers, they are all miserable. Thank God I don't let their whining & complaining get to me cause I would be the same way.

Terri, what cookies did you order? I read COOKIES & something went off in my head
I better get ready. I'll be back this evening.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-16-2000, 06:04 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Matthew was born on June 27; he's almost 5 months old now, and the cutest little guy. He's very cheerful, always smiling; has to be sitting up when he's awake...gets mad if he can't see what's going on! He absolutely adores his big brother Brandon, who, kind of like our cat, just tolerates him! Of course, that's because he's not really a playmate for him yet. I can just see those two running around here next year.

Am going out to do more shopping today, and hopefully put a big dent in my list. This is the first year I've ever gotten this much accomplished before Thanksgiving.

I did have a great OP dinner last night, had the cheese-free pizza with a big salad. I was able to use my favorite, creamy garlic dressing, as I never had lunch yesterday. Yummm!

How is everyone.....Myra, Dianne, Satin?

Essie, you're absolutely right; don't let your co-workers get you down! I was surrounded by unhappy people, who grumbled and moaned most of the day. It can really get to you after a while. Hang in there!

It's still a thrill to get up every morning knowing I don't have to go to work.

have a great Thursday!
Jen

p.s. Terri, how do you make your Mexican pizzas? That sounds interesting...I love Mexican food!

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 11-16-2000).]
Old 11-16-2000, 08:31 PM   #4  

AHHHH! He sounds adorable. They will be so cute together.
I got some Christmas shopping done. Hopefully finish the "Wanted " items by next week. You know, the "Got to haves" The ones for distant relatives where you give candles, Bath and Body Works items and such I like to wait til' later in the Christmas rush and then stop and eat. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!

Essie,
Give those people some attitude! We need happy people.
The cookies I am talking about are from Bakers Breakfast cookies.
http://www.bakersbreakfastcookie.com http://www.bakersbox.com http://wakeupnsmellthecoffee.com

Dotti has a listing in her site for them too. They are a big High fiber (12 grams) cookie that has anywhere from 1.5 to 3 points per cookie. Fills you up for a long while. My hubby and I eat them. We get apple cinnamon, oatmeal raisin, double choc. chip, pumpkin spice, peanut butter. A lot of people like the fruit and nut which is 1.5 points. There is a picture of the cookies on the second site I gave you . I think it is actual size. They were invented by a former ww leader.

Well everybody. Have a great Thursday!
1 week until Turkey Day!!!!!!!!
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 11-16-2000).]
Old 11-16-2000, 10:02 PM   #5  

Hi guys:

Glad to hear you're all getting that Christmas shopping done -- it will be here before you know it. I'm now starting the "wrapping" process -- that's kind of fun.
Well, my cold didn't get better, really the coughing was really bad, so I went back to the doctor and found that I have bronchitis. So, I'm on antibiotics and a cough medicine (would you believe $25 for the bottle of cough medicine? - outrageous), but I want to get better, so........
I haven't been to work all week, but I call in for updates.

It's great you all have such cute little pets - I have a big ole fluffy pet named Willie - he's my husband, LOL. I love him dearly, but that's the only pet I've ever had.

Terri - so sorry to hear about your son's tooth - is he doing okay? My hubby's not too good with emergencies - once when our son Justin was about 2 years old, he fell down a front stoop with about 5 concrete steps - my husband covered his face with his hands so he didn't have to see the result of the fall. I was the one to take him to the hospital. I think I had a lot of practice with my older son, Steven. He had asthma since he was 1 and I was forever in the emergency room with him. My daughter, Alana, never had those types of emergencies thank God, but the boys were always getting into something.

Jen - I envy you, getting up in the morning knowing you don't have to go to work - that's great. I still have about another 15 years to go -- YIKES!!!

Essie - I'm so glad you feel so happy - your happiness will rub off on your co-workers. That's usually contagious. And, if not, that's okay too, as long as you don't let them bring you down.

Well, let me go make myself some soup, that's about all I've been eating lately. Its not a good way to lose weight, but I'll take it.

Hope everyone else is doing well, hi to Pookemoon (our fearless ww leader!), myra, satin and mary (what happened to mary?). If I'm not back before Monday, have a great weekend everyone.

P.S. Terri - I've heard of those cookies before, I think I'll go to their site and check out the ordering info. I love oatmeal and oatmeal raisin cookies. Do they take a long time to deliver?

Dianne

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 11-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 11-16-2000).]
Old 11-17-2000, 09:05 PM   #6  

Hi Dianne. It is great to hear from you! Thanks for asking about my son. He is doing fine. A lot of dental work to do.
How is your son with asthma doing now? Poor Willy. That would be hard to take, seeing your little one fall down those steps. There always seems to be one in every relationship. LOL
The cookies take 3 weeks from Bakersbox and 6 weeks from Bakersbreakfast. They are good.

Well guys here is something I would like to do. I just bought a scanner and I was wondering if anyone else could share pictures. I would love to see who I was talking to. I don't have a web page yet but I can send our pictures through private e-mails. If you have any to share and no web page to put a url up send me some at [email protected] If anyone wants mine send me your e-mail (if you don't want to post it because of lurkers). They will have attachments.
Just a thought.Have a great day
Terri

Old 11-17-2000, 11:18 PM   #7  

Hi terri:

Glad to hear your son is doing better. Steven is now 26 and he still gets asthma but not as frequently. He has suffered 2 lung collapses in the past, since when you have asthma for so many years, your lungs do become weak. One of the worst memories I have is that his newborn baby died at 12 days old, of complications and I was with my daughter-in-law in one hospital with the baby, while Steven was in another hospital with a collapsed lung. He could'nt be with his wife when the baby died. And then I had to go to tell him at the other hospital. It was pretty awful. But, they had a healthy baby girl the following year who is now 5 and in kindergarten, her name is Brooke.

Terri, I don't have a scanner so I can't share pictures with you, but I'd love to see your pictures. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks for the info on the cookies.

Hi to everyone else -- talk to you later.

Dianne
Old 11-18-2000, 01:11 AM   #8  

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandbaby.
My middle child almost died after birth and it was ****. I feel for your son and DIL. So glad to hear about Brooke. That was the name I had picked out for Bradley had he been a girl. Beautiful name.
I hope your son has a long and healthy life.
I'll send my pics.Thanks! Hope to see you soon.
Terri
Old 11-18-2000, 02:35 AM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, I'd love to see your photos. Please feel free to email them to me. [email protected]

I do have a scanner, but am very computer-challenged, so I won't be able to send any till I get my son to help!

Jen
Old 11-18-2000, 08:29 AM   #10  

Jen,
We just got ours yesterday. It is so much fun. We have so many relatives 800 miles away. It is a neat way to share pictures.
I hope you can use it soon. Would love to see those grandsons. And you of course!
Have a great weekend.
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 11-17-2000).]
Old 11-18-2000, 09:02 AM   #11  

I'm sorry Jen I got this message from my provider:

Sorry [email protected]. Your mail to jamhs53 could not be delivered because jamhs53 is not accepting mail with attachments or embedded images.

Have a good weekend!
Terri

Old 11-18-2000, 06:06 PM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Duh......that's my 2nd email address, forgot I had set it up that way. You can try again after you read this!
Jen
Old 11-18-2000, 09:24 PM   #13  

Hello

The weekend is upon us & I must say I am halfway thru my Christmans shopping!!! I am so happy. I'm trying to beat the mad rush so I'm heading out this evening to pick up a few more gifts. Hubby insists on going with me. He loves shopping so I have to wait till he gets home from work.

Terri, I would love to see a photo of you. My son has been wanting to get me a scanner & I'm always telling him I don't need one but maybe I'll reconsider. I'm at [email protected] I'm so excited, can't wait. Oh, I'm thinking about those cookies. I couldn't believe how high in fiber they are.

Dianne, my son was born with asthma. It was really bad when he was small. I was always in the ER rooms. He's 29 now & till today when it's too cold or there's dust or he catches a cold the asthma acts up. I had it when I was little but I outgrew it. I am sooooo sorry about your grandchild. Brooke is a blessing. God bless her. By the way, how's your cold?

Jen, Myra, Mary(?) Satin, hope all is well.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm going to be busy busy busy but will be checking in especially since I have a photo to look forward too!
Old 11-19-2000, 05:46 AM   #14  

Hi guys!
I weighed and lost .5 My goal is to lose maybe 4 more by Christmas and then Maintain through Christmas. Watch out in Jan.

Jen and Essie, I am in the process of sending the pictures. Thanks! I can't wait to see you guys. WOW on the Christmas shopping. I love how your hubby likes to shop. See you guys soon.
Terri
Old 11-19-2000, 07:51 AM   #15  

Hi Terri,
You are so pretty & what a good looking family you have. What I'll have to do sometime real soon is have my son send a picture from his house. Now for the holidays I'll be taking some so it probably won't be till after Christmas. You've been doing really well with WW. Have you heard anything about the new change they'll be making for the new year? I'm dying to find out. There's a woman I work with that asked me to join LA Weightloss with her. I told her I can't because first of all it's too expensive & I know that I'll go right back to WW. I always go off prgram for the holidays but I'm going to try harder this year. I've been doing so much running around that I haven't exercised this past week & I feel it

Well, my son is sending me an IM so let me go chat with him for awhile.

Have a good night

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 11-19-2000).]
Closed Thread