Old 10-15-2008, 01:06 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up 20-30 Somethings

I noticed there doesn't seem to be a thread going for this age group, although there are current bios on the current stickied 20-30 Somethings bio thread. Because of that, here's a new thread to get you started.

Since I don't qualify for the group title, which of you 20-30 Somethings will post first? Don't be shy!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:31 AM   #2  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Im not shy. I dont know if there are others that want to chat, but Im open for it. I am a 3rd year Chemical Engineering student at UF. I LOVE Florida Football (GO GATORS!) and am trying to get back to my high school weight. I just started the 30 day shred and I am working out with a personal trainer once a week. I also just joined the Thanksgiving Challenge.
I have trouble staying on track. Ive been at WW for a month now and lost 4.4 lbs. I slack off and think that I can catch up. I need help and support to hold me accountable so that I dont slip up as often. I love making new friends and I am an extremely positive person. Any one want to conquer this weight loss journey with me?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

Me!!!

I've done the exact same thing the last few times I joined WW. I always went up and down through the same few pounds thinking there is always next week then end up giving up. This time I'm determined not to do it again.
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #4  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

We should make sure that we can lose consistantly this time. I found some of my jeans from when I was skinny and I didnt realize how small I was. I cant wait to get back into those jeans!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #5  

I have a wardrobe full of skinny stuff that I just can't imagine ever fitting in but I have worn every single thing in there so know I can get there. The one thing I really want to fit into again is a corset top. I wore it when I reached my goal last time I lost weight and felt so good in it. It was 'my everyone look at me' top. Everything I wear at the moment says please don't look at me!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #6  

So are there anymore 20 - 30s on WW out there? How are you doing??

I've not done very well this last week. Have been ill so didn't exercise and was all over the place with my points. Was way over some days and under the others. Hope it hasn't screwed up my metabolism too much.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/222/145

Hi! I'm here! I just turned 30 and realized that I didn't do something about my unhealthy weight, I just might never do it. I started WW and C25K on October 20th. I really want to stick with it this time. As I lose the weight, I find myself more committed to losing; I've worked too hard to undo what I've accomplished.
I'm really trying to get involved on forums to help me with encouragement and accountability. Hope y'all don't mind if I join you....
sleepheight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #8  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Can I just say Jane, ( you better read this ) you are amazing and I love you . LOL Why didn one of us think of starting a thread :P
Either way this is my 4th and FINAL time Im joining weight watchers. Ive never lost this much before, and Im already ahead oh my Christmas target So things are going great with me
jenosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #9  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

Default Hi, almost 20...

Hi, I am almost 20, and I am hoping to go to my first meeting in a long time...like since I was 13, or so...It never really worked too much for me, because I had to rely on my mom to take me, and since she never stuck with the plan she never wanted to go so we would stop. I would love some support, since the only person I have is my fiance is gone for the next month and a half, and has been gone for the last month... he is an over the road truck driver. So if there are any other 20 something/ almost 20 somethings lol out there that would like to talk I would love to!! I have a lot of time on my hands to do this thing, I have just been depressed and not wanting to...but I have to!!
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 177/177/125

Height: 5'6

Hi my name is Stephanie and im 20 yrs old (21 in april). This past Tuesday I started weight watchers with my mom. It is really hard for me i work full time and go to school full time and have a social life lol. I need support especially from those college students who know how it is when your friends want to go grab some dinner and drinks before going out all night long!
Nurse Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/190/160

Height: 5'10

Hi, I am also 30 years old and had my first baby a year and a half ago...no more excuses!! I want to fit into my jeans again and stop sucking in my tummy.
I joined WW today and plan on sticking to it this time. I have about 30 pounds to lose.
I am so glad I found this thread...I need the support!

Good luck everyone!!
Lisa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone! I've been lurking for a month or so. I joined WW on 10/30 and attended meetings thru 12/03. I really fell off the wagon over the holidays. I was going to quit all together, but had paid for 11 weeks up front so that I would not quit and I didn't want to waste my money. I went back today and I am very proud of myself for starting back. I also ordered a Wii Bundle today. I had knee surgery in 10/07 due to tearing my meniscus doing Tae Bo years ago and just when it started feeling better I tore my Achilles Tendon. I've basically not exercised for over a year and it shows and my body needs a major makeover. I'm looking for some friends here for motivation and inspiration!! I'm so glad that this thread was started! Thank you!!!
julglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 172/148/143

Height: 5'4"

I am 35 and have tried South Beach and WW before. Last Tuesday, I signed up to WW. I have recently gained some weight which is not like me. I feel like I need all of the support I can get. I have a hard time staying loyal to myself and a program. I hope this thread continues AND I hope I can find it again. I weigh in tomorrow.
risab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 172/148/143

Height: 5'4"

Hey Julglo....looks like we both joined WW on the same day. Let me know how weigh-in goes tomorrow. I will post my results, too. I did great all week AND then came Saturday night. I had 2 BIG glasses of wine. Even though I am allowed, I felt like it was a waste of points. Hope to have great results tomorrow.
risab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/233/130

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone! im new to the community, im 25 and have been heavy my whole adult life. i joined ww last month and plan on sticking to it for good! any tips?
emily3183 is offline   Reply With Quote