Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 03:50 PM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Swimsuit Season Challenge Newsletter

I don't know if you guys remember or not, but when I first posted the Swimsuit Season Challenge, I said this: "and once a week, I'll try to do sort of a little "newletter" post with inspirations, recipes, and congratulations". Well, I thought that I'd end up with a whole lot of free time on nights, but it ended up being exactly the opposite and I wasn't able to follow through on this commitment. But now I'm back on days, things aren't too unmanageably busy at work and I can do that, so here's the first edition of the newsletter...

First, let's start by congratulating people who've been making strides toward their Swimsuit Season Challenge goal:

From the very first Swimsuit Season Challenge post that was posted, congratulations to: Cristina (down 2.5 lbs), Aharris (down 3 lbs, even if it was because of a stomach ick, a loss is still a loss!), Grace, Grace (down 4 lbs), and TonyaLyn (down 2.)

From the first SSC Update post, congrats go to: Lexxy (down 1 lb), Starr19600 (down 3 lbs), StaceyT (6+ lbs since starting the challenge), Belle (down .6 lbs), JKarr (down 2.2 lbs), Star19600 (down 2 more lbs), Lori (down 2 lbs).

Swimsuit Season Week 2 Update congrats go to: Stacey (8 pounds since the start of the challenge), Me (down 1.8).

Update #3 Congrats for: Starr (2 more pounds) and Grace,Grace (keeping off 4.5 lbs).

So that's done. Let's do a recipe. I'm going to post one that you can find on the 3FC's Chocoholic's Revenge Recipe section. This makes an AWESOME super-moist cake that is just unbelievable. Here goes:

Fudgy Triple Brownie Cake
1 package (18 1/4 oz) chocolate cake mix
1 package (4 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
1 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup fat substitute (apple sauce is what I typically use)
1/2 cup water
2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Powdered Sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips, pour mixture into pan coated in nonstick spray. Bake at 350 until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Serves 20 (WW Points unavailable at this time, sorry)

And finally, an inspirational quote:
***The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.***

Please post and let us know how you're doing on the challenge.
Old 06-04-2002, 03:54 PM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Default my update

I'll just start by telling that I have WI tonight. I know without a doubt that I'm going to be up. The last two weeks of the outage were a pig-out fest for me. I'm not upset. I'm actually glad to be back OP. I feel better eating right.

So that's my update. I'm back on the challenge and will be tracking my progress and see how closeI come to achieving my goals. They were to: exercise 3 times a week, eat at least two vegetables/fruits a day, and drink two bottles of water while at work.

Alright, my last post was plenty long, I better get a little work done.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:24 PM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Would it be okay if I joined in on the challenge? I know the end is only a month away....

But I'm at 145.5 now, and I would like to lose 6 pounds by July 4th.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:41 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Of course you can join the challenge, tilley! Where have you been lately?
Old 06-05-2002, 08:49 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess,

I know - I've been MIA. I was sharing my cubical with a consultant and I wasn't able to go online as much as I used to. It's not like he'd tell on me or anything, but when someone's in the cube with you... you feel like you're being watched all the time, you know.

It's great to be back and thanks for letting me join in the challenge.

Lisa
Old 06-05-2002, 09:44 AM   #6  

Hey Jess, Hey Lisa!

Jess, thanks for writing the newsletter. That chocolate cake sounds great - unfortunately, I could never make that for myself, because those 20 servings would be eaten by me in probably 2 days! Yes, I am a chocoholic

As far as my challenge update - total crap. Haven't been following it at all. I've been eating out with my boyfriend all the time and not exercising at all. I got up the courage to get on the scale this morning and was shocked to see that it still read 153, so I can't complain about that! I'm going to try to get myself into a schedule over the next week or so, and hopefully can start working out in the mornings (I share a bathroom, so I have to coordinate with my roommate).

My revised goal is to get down to 150 before leaving for Florida June 30th
Old 06-05-2002, 11:25 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Ok 4 wks from tomorrow is the end of the challenge.
Starting challenge wt. 188.5
Wk 1- 184.5
Wk 2- 184
Wk 3- 184
Wk 4- 182.5
Wk 5- Will weigh on Friday!

So far down 6pds!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is exciting!

I have had a bad 2 days though and am afraid to get on the scale. I've exercised once andplan to do my pilates tonight!!

Goals again~Water, Water, Water!
Fruits and Veggies 5/day
Exercise at least 3x/wk
OP, OP, OP rest of wk starting now and including the wknd .....I think I can, I think I can! The wknd will be sooooooo hard but I need to get this weight off!

Weight wise assuming that I still weigh 182.5 I would like to be 175 by the end of the challenge! This will be tough, almost 2pds /wk.
Closed Thread