Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2000, 11:06 AM   #16  

Essie,
Thanks for your kind words! I am GLAD you joined this thread. I'm so fortunate to have met you also. This group is great!
Don't ever be embarrased about how many times you joined. That is the same feelings I used to have and then I finally realized that it is common. Practically everyone that is around my age has joined at least twice before. At least. You deserve the best. you are a wonderful person.

Jen, You are too, a wonderful person. We all deserve to treat ourselves the best way we can. I'm so glad you came on. This is really nice to have friends that you know will support you. This thread has brightened my day many times.
Don't ever give up on keeping the exercise fun, and not boring. I have tried everything in the way of exercise as many times as I have tried different diets. I did Slim Fast, Jenny, Atkins, Carb. addict, to name a few. Exercises- Richard, Oxycise, Good ole' Jane, etc...
Now I do the treadmill and taebo. Got to stick with the treadmill though. Cost a little too much to ditch.
I hope your lower back gets better. I think I have terminal lower back pain. I have scoliosis. Exercise does help.

Tina,
You have already given us hope and smiles. See: I love to hear the enthusiasm that radiates from you. Good luck to you !I hope you like the Taco soup.

HI Pookamoon, Dianne, Myra and Mary!!!!
Terri
Good luck everyone!
Old 10-21-2000, 12:59 AM   #17  

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while -- just busy, working late, etc.

Tina - sorry I didn't welcome you earlier -- WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME. This is a great place to come when you need inspiration or when you can give it to someone else. Great people here. I hope you come often.

Myra - congratulations on you big 3.6 lb. loss - that's fabulous!!

Essie - Don't worry about how many times you re-join ww - as long as you do it means you really want to win this battle we all go though every day. This is my second time at ww and even though I'm not as motivated as I was the first time, I'm still working at it and that's what's important. We can do it!

Jen - Don't give up on your exercising. Even if it were'nt for the benefits it gives you concerning your back pain, etc., you seem to really enjoy it. At least that's what I've been hearing from your posts. You and Essie are the exercise queens!!

Janie - Hope all goes well with your leader training - it will be great having a leader to cheer us on with motivation and expert advice. I admire you for being brave enough to do this.

Terri - It sounds like your taco soup receipe is a huge success! I can't eat it because I get heartburn, but I'll keep it on file and take a chance one day.

Hi Mary, wherever you are!

Everyone have a great weekend. Talk to you soon.

Dianne
Old 10-21-2000, 01:13 AM   #18  

Welcome back Dianne! How is it going besides being busy? Why does life have to be so busy? It would be great if we could just slow down a couple days a week. I'm in a phylosophical mood. I have to get braces for my daughter. UUUUGGGHHHH! Can't they start these things after the Holidays? I am anxious for her to get them though.
Have a great weekend Guys!
Terri
Old 10-21-2000, 04:37 AM   #19  

It happened again I had this long reply & got bumped off. I'll be back later guys
Old 10-21-2000, 06:41 AM   #20  

Me again! My computer seems to be acting up tonight so I'll make this short.

I was very determined to rejoin so I went this morning. It was a pretty large group. I'm the quiet one who sits in the back & prays not to be picked I weighed in at 171.2. I woke up really early so I ate breakfast. The leader was OK. I just can't seem to find a leader that motivates me. I've tried 3 centers already. I have one more that's kind of close to home, maybe I'll try that one next time. I think it's me I better go cause if I get bumped off again I'll really be upset!!!
I'll be back tomorrow in the a.m.
Have a goodnight.

Essie
Old 10-21-2000, 08:29 AM   #21  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Okay, I'm heading into another tough weekend......tomorrow I'm hosting our monthly "ethnic" dinner..I'm serving Corned Beef and Cabbage. Sounds incredibly easy, I know, but it's the only thing I can think of that you can cook ahead of time. We do alternating months w/my brother and his wife. First month I cooked Italian, they went w/German, now I'm doing Ireland. So...besides plenty of beer and wine and Bailey's (oh no!!) ..
We also are hosting our son's 22nd bday dinner on Sunday....
Just hang me up to dry after the weekend, okay?
I worked my butt off today in the yard...cut down the peonies, and other flowering plants, mowed all the lawns, put away all the misc. stuff. Now we're ready for winter! ha ha
I'll check in on Monday morning..it's also my weigh in..let's not even go there!

Jen
P.S. Dianne, thanks for the vote of confidence re: exercising. I do like it, and have to get back in the swing of it...I WILL do some tomorrow! thanks again.....

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 10-20-2000).]
Old 10-21-2000, 08:37 AM   #22  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Okay, I have to post again...

Essie! You joined!!!!! way to go!!!! and it's all downhill from here on in. I think it's great that you decided to join. good luck to you. I know that pretty soon you'll be kicking some butt there.

Terri, we went through braces for our son...funny, seems like so long ago! He had them for a good 3 years....it seems to me that we just had them paid off and he had them taken off! LOL. His teeth look beautiful now, it was worth it, Just remember, when they first have them put on, have plenty of spagettio's and yogurt on hand, it was all that he could eat. Good luck!
have a GREAT weekend, everyone!
Jen
Old 10-21-2000, 12:25 PM   #23  

Thanks Jenny! I love when I see kids with braces. They look so well taken care of. My poor daughter looks like we don't care. She is 14 and 5'4" and all of her teeth haven't come in yet. She stills has some baby teeth. They are going to put them on anyway because of shifting or something. i have a consult next month. Can't wait! :sarcasm:
Have a great time at your smiling son's birthday party. You will be so busy, probably you won't eatas much as you think.
It seems there is one or two things a month that throw a curve into our efforts. This is life and it is fun! We need to have fun. ENJOY!! There is Monday!
Those etnic dinners sound like fun and those are hard to handle I'll bet. Good luck. Make good choices and eat little portions.

Essie,
Don't give up! Speak up and try to get something started. Strike up a friendship with someone at your meeting. That is what I had to do. I started talking to a girl and now we look for each other and trade info. It is extra motivation too. I don't want to tell her I gained. Put a fire under that leader!!!! You Go!

Have a great weekend. I might not be back until Monday. This a way busy weekend. I have 3 games (all out of town) on Saturday
starting at 8:30 a.m. and Sunday we are going to go up North and look at leaves. they are pretty here but we want to drive toward Tennessee and see.
terri
Old 10-21-2000, 04:51 PM   #24  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Jen, I know those special dinners are tough, but remember it is just one day. You can try to practice portion control and make up for the higher points the rest of the week. It doesn't have to be a WI disaster.

Essie, I feel for you not being happy with your meeting. Try to talk and make it more your meeting. That is what works for me, despite the leader.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. In a little while I am off to my Ashtanga Yoga class. I love it. It is so calming. It just makes the stress melt away.

Talk to you all soon,

Myra
Old 10-21-2000, 07:34 PM   #25  

My BUDDIES! You guys were busy posting. I tell you, I had such a long post before it disappeared. {{errrrrrr}} Dog growl(LOL)

Dianne, let's get motivated together. Are you going to meetings?

Jen, please, please don't give up on your exercise routine. If I stop exercising I feel it mentally & physically. It makes my clothes fit nice. Even if you do 10 minutes in the a.m. then 10 more in the p.m. Beats doing nothing at all. Come on girlfriend, you can do it Have fun this weekend & get back on track Monday. Can't deprive yourself. Drink & be merry! Oh before I forget, you exercised quite a bit in your yard. That was a start

Terri, it takes me a while to speak up. I'm the shy one in my family. Can't help it. I'm fine in a small group but in a big group forget it!! If I stick with this leader I'll flow with the group eventually. Thanks for advice. You're just too sweet

Myra, I've tried all types of exercises & tapes. My favories are Step & Kickboxing but I've never tried Yoga. It looks so relaxing I'm afraid I'll fall asleep! I do have a funny story. One of my coworkers never tried Yoga so they offered it at work on our lunch hour & she decided to try it. They went into deep meditation & she heard herself snoring!!!!LOLOLOL When she told me I laughed so hard my tears were coming out. So that stuck with me.

Okay ladies, I have a busy day ahead of me. Got to write in my journal, drink water, & exercise this evening. Will do either taebo or 30 min. on my treadmill or maybe I'll convince Pete(hubby) to walk. I know he would rather go to the gym.

Have a great weekend.

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 10-21-2000).]
Old 10-22-2000, 12:10 AM   #26  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi all!

I forgot to mention, I DID exercise yesterday morning, to a new WW tape I got from the library. I didn't like it, but stuck with it to the end..37 minutes, lite aerobics. Good thing I didn't purchase it, I would have been disappointed. That was in addition to the yard work, so I feel pretty good about that.

This morning I did R.Simmons' toning tape, used my freeweights. I feel great, and am happy that I made the effort.

Essie, you are so right about how good exercise makes us feel. I believe I'm getting back on track, intend to work out again tomorrow. And thanks for the nudge..

later!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 10-21-2000).]
Old 10-22-2000, 12:22 AM   #27  
Chick

Hi there Dianne and thank you so much for the welcome. I find I have to check in here a few times a day because knowing I am not alone in this makes all the difference in the world to my success.

I found an old copy of Richard Simmon's video "Dance Your Pants Off" and worked out to it yesterday morning. I felt SO good physically and mentally for getting my butt going like I should! Today it's yard work for me, then perhaps Richard and I will do it again tomorrow. It's not the greatest routine, but it's more than I have been doing and for now it will suffice!

I hope I can dance until I lose enough weight that my pants DO fall off! LOL

Have a good day!

------------------
~Tina~ "This time I'm taking it off the right way!"
Old 10-22-2000, 03:54 AM   #28  

Hi Tina, I'm the same way when it comes to checking in a couple of times a day. Keeps me motivated. Staying OP is a struggle but we can do it. Great going with the exercise

Jen, I bought a tape from WW also. I bought Step & Sculpt. I've had it a couple of months & only tried it once. I didn't like mine either. Too bad we couldn't get a refund but I'm sure once we open them we can't change it. I am very proud of you

What ever happended to Mary? Haven't heard from her in a while Hope everything is OK.

I'll check in tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend cause it goes by so fast!
Old 10-22-2000, 04:10 AM   #29  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Essie, what I really like doing is doing a hard cardio workout -- either an aerobics class or as I did this morning, a challenging workout on the elliptical cross trainer, before my yoga class. I leave yoga feeling so relaxed that nothing can bother me, which is the opposite of my natural personality. I am a very hyper person, always worrying about everything.

Myra
Old 10-23-2000, 12:00 PM   #30  

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a good weekend! I couldn't weigh-in because I was in Danville (45 min. away) by the time ww doors opened. So I weighed myself and I lost 1.5 unofficially. I always weigh myself before ww to see if my scales change. It is psychological thing.

Essie, I know you will do great! You seem like such a good person. Always willing to help people.

Jen,
That is wonderful about sticking to it even though you weren't crazy about it. You will find one. I love Sweatin' to the oldies #1. My daughter and I do those all the time. But my favorite thing is the treadmill. I watch a show on tv and forget about it. Good luck!

Tina,
I have Dancin' your pants off too. You are too funny! :Lifting glass of water: Here's to your pants falling off!!!!

Mary couldn't get back in, trouble with her password. She has been extremely busy and told me she is going to be back.
I just want to share a little about my Sunday.
We went to Green Mountain to walk the Nature Trail. It is 1.5 miles around
a lake. All in the woods. Bruce (broken legged hubby) waited at the picnic
area.
1 goal for ww was to play with the kids and like it and not get out of
breath. We started around the trail and then we started jogging. We were
passing other families and we kept going and I was surprised. I must have
jogged
better than 3/4 of the way. It makes me now want to try running outside on
the walking trail by our house. I really enjoyed it. My hubby was surprised
when we got back so fast. We took off around the lake again about 10 min.
later. We jogged again, but Brandon decided to throw the football with his
dad instead. I could not believe how much I enjoyed that. I always thought
"How can those people run?" when I saw them.
My exercise was jogging about 2.5 miles. Then I came back and played catch
with the football for 45 min. I ran alot there too. I felt so good today.
I couldn't believe that I wanted to keep going. This felt better than if I
got on the scale and it said I reached my goal.
Riding high,
Terri
194.6/165.5/135

Closed Thread