Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 11:21 PM   #16  

Survivor You are right! We are very blessed to have such a good friend as Slavika! She is a superb cook. We enjoy our tea parties at her place. I think that we all look forward to them because we laugh so much. Laughter is good for the soul

LilyG I knew that I could count on you to take care of my friends while I am gone. Thanks. Take care of yourself too.

Trudy You are so funny! I guess that there is no question that I have to get better. Someone will have to be bring in your journal for you in a couple of decades from now.

You all enjoy this day. Moments pass but memories last a life time.
Old 10-06-2000, 07:52 AM   #17  
Super Surfer

Countrygal...Have fun in Myrtle Beach. As for the bathing suit..do what I do. I put it on and avoid all mirrors, I just head for the pool "thinking" I look great. Otherwise I would never put one on.
Lily...HELP!! Did you get my e-mail about the recipe I put on our Recipe Board? It had some glaring omissions We are lost without you.
My SIL built my PC from scratch too. (I say MINE because hubby has lost interest...seems solitare and crosswords got boring LOL)
Donna...That's good advice you gave Glenda. Someone has to learn from our mistakes. I like that..You are in charge!
Lela..You are doing great in school WTG!
Glenda..I guess we are like "sisters", we share so many of the same ups and downs. That is quite a temp. drop you are experiencing. I cannot believe it..today we has some snow. I really don't ever remember having snow so early. Last winter it didn't snow till December. It melted as soon as it hit the ground, but that doesn't excuse it at all.
Guess who I met in a grocery store today? Slavika ! We have our Thanksgiving Day on Monday, and heaven forbid anybody leaves the table not stuffed to the hilt. I have enough food just in case some army drops in for a bite. That was only my 4th store for the day, I don't know how many she will 'fess up to being in. I go all over the city for bargains, but can't tell you the price of a jug of milk.

Everyone say a little prayer for Deelite on Tuesday morning..

A true friend never gets in your way, unless you happen to be going down.

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 10-05-2000).]
Old 10-06-2000, 09:05 AM   #18  
Life Time 2001

Donna: Sounds like you have been keeping real busy! I tried growing herbs once, didnt work.
I just dont have a green thumb at all. Wish I could tho!

Glenda: You'll get thru the not smoking thing. Just keep hanging in there as I know you are!

Trudy: All better! Sent you a email also. Sad you lost your recipes. Did you ask your SIL about the Mastercook? Maybe she could of helped. If she built the PC she might of been able to.

Slavika & Trudy: Are we all invited to Thanksgiving dinner? Ours isnt for a whole nother month!
Oh never mind I forgot I need to lose the 3 I gained over the vacation, so I cant come anyways. Alas..

I will be saying a prayer Tuesday for Deelite! Let us know as soon as you hear to!

Later!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 10-05-2000).]
Old 10-06-2000, 10:40 AM   #19  
Net browser

Hi Everybody My DH has been away on business since Monday so yesterday I invited my grandson to come over for supper and to spend the night. Well, he was thrilled to come and and I was thrilled to have him here. This morning at 7:00 I told him we had to go out into the back yard and feed "Baba's critters". I told him it was not necessary to get his clothes on, just put sneakers on and a jacket over the PJ's. We went out, it was freezing, put seed in the bird feeder, peanuts out for THE SQUIRREL and blue jays, and then I told him he had to break the ice in the bird bath so the critters could get water. Well, he thought it was just great that we were outside in our night clothes. How little it takes to please a child. Speaking of which, the "Princess" was absolutely devastated that she didn't get to come. Well I knew of course DH was getting home today around 7:00 this evening, but I had to have her come tonight for a sleep over, and of course she wanted to do everything her brother did. She wanted the "play bath". I filled the tub to the top and then gave her, her Minnie Mouse floatation ring, so she sat in it. I bought a tin of "foam soap". You shake the can and the soap comes out like big thick clouds, well he loved it last night and she did tonight. Lastly, I watched the video "The Iron Giant" with him last night and her tonight. Yikes, that's a terrible movie. LOL.
COUNTRYGAL not to worry about the swimsuit. I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how much a woman weighs, no woman is ever happy at how she looks in a swimsuit. You'll look just fine~~~just have fun.
SCHOOLGIRL WTG with the good grades, you must be working very hard.
DONNA I don't go to Maui until the beginning of next Februay. By then I will be sick of winter and ready to go someplace nice and warm.
GLENDA the girls said very nice things about my "tea parties" and baking but actually I only bake a couple of things well and sort of stick to the same stuff. I can make fairly decent scones and muffins, probably because I make them so often. Cooking though that's a different story. Let's just say I try hard but sure have my share of OOPS! !
At least TRUDY is making a Thanksgiving Day meal, I'm not, and still I hit a couple of stores today. I'm going to my friend's place at the lake, she's having the dinner on Sunday and I think we will stay over until Monday.
It was very cold today, and the leaves are all turning colour and falling. It's a very pretty time of the year, but winter is right behind.
Lastly, DEELITE if you take a peek at our board tonight, I'm thinking about you.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 10-06-2000).]
Old 10-06-2000, 11:15 AM   #20  
Super Surfer

Lily..As I e-mailed, you the recipe is perfect now. Thanks! I made another mistake in the e-mail ..it is my Son-IL who built the PC. I got confused :confused: with the acronyms. He is the genius that usually figures what I have done and then rescues my poor PC.
Actually, I am having two Thanksgiving dinners, one I am going out to my Brothers place and the other at home with my hubby's family. I am going to be resembling the Good Year Blimp!

Does that little "Shock The Monkey" going back and forth bother anyone else besides me?
...I'd like to shock him alright...

Goodnight again....
Old 10-06-2000, 11:40 AM   #21  

Thought it was time that i checked in. Been a busy week for me and my car, 400 miles I put on it this week. We've been busy at all of the meetings I work. New members coming in and old members coming back I love it. donna good to hear your going back.

First of all I lost another .6 pound this week now I am only 2.4 pounds from goal. Im going to make it yet!

Well one thing for sure now I gotta get a Bread Machine And Black and Decker is the one to get I guess.

countrygal slavika is right about the swimsuit thing just enjoy your vacation . Don't worry about anything.

DELITE welcome to our little corner of cyber space . Hope you know that any friend of slavika and Trudy is a friend of ours. Take care. And come back and visit soon

Glenda I think we are all sisters of sorts. We all want and need to have friends to share our thoughts and good and bad times with. This has been a great place for me also . I read almost every night but only get to post once in a while . Also just hang in there on not smoking the reward is too great to give in now.Life

Our weather has gotten cold also . YUK I really hate winter. There was snow farther north of us and we could get some tomorrow.

Well I'm off to bed got a big day ahead of me tomorrow. Get to be domestic!

Karen

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 10-06-2000).]
Old 10-06-2000, 11:21 PM   #22  
Fun Blonde

Good news! - I got my cancer test back and it was a 4. That is great! So I don't have to worry about it for 3 more months. Thanks for the support during my **** week! We are always so happy after my test that we celebrate by eating out. Ate at IHOP. Tell me, if you don't like chicken, is there anything on that menu that isn't 40 points?

Slavika and Trudy - I am ashamed to say that I must have missed the explanation about Deelite. Is she having something on Tuesday? I will put her on my prayer list.

Trudy - You are so right. I hate that little SHOCK THE MONKEY. He makes me cross-eyed.

Karen - Good for you! You are so close to goal and it will be here before you know it. You probably don't look bad now, but it is such a peace of mind to be actually AT GOAL.

Slavika and Trudy - Another gap in my education: I don't know the story of Canada's Thanksgiving. Anything like America's with the Indians and the harvest and being saved from hunger?
Glenda

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 10-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 10-06-2000).]
Old 10-07-2000, 12:57 AM   #23  
Net browser

GLENDA HURRAY, on the good test results.
I sent you an e-mail, LOL, things I didn't know.
Slavika.
Old 10-07-2000, 02:26 AM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Great news! Now maybe you can relax a little! Glad the results came out great!
Old 10-07-2000, 03:56 AM   #25  

Glenda Great news on your test. Here is a Happy dance for You :**** ***
Have a great rest of the day!
Karen
Old 10-07-2000, 07:59 AM   #26  
donna p

Glenda that is great news. How long has it been now. For the first five years whenever Colleen had to go for her check up we were also worried sick and when her five year check up came she went in and they found something suspicious on the ultra sound. We had to repeat it in 30 days but we were so worried but when we went back it was unbelievably all clear so I know what you go through.
We don't have an actual pilgrim story for thanksgiving such as you guys but it is the time to appreciate the harvest and to give thanks for what we have...or to reflect on now is the time to reap what we have sown in our lives but in the non secular world we needed another stat. holiday and that is what we have in Oct.<G> I actually am not doing a turkey dinner this year. I usually do but Colleen and Carl have a chance for a weekend boating trip and Craig and Tanya were going to go but have decided to stay home and want to take us out for dinner so that will be something different for a change. The Sheraton Hotel has a turkey buffet advertised and they thought they would take us there.

OK Slavika you have a while yet before you get to go on holiday. You will really appreciate it in February. I understand about the kids too. When Taylor stayed with us when Jordan was being born he wanted to get up about 6:00 every morning and go 'skinny dipping' in the pool before anyone else started coming over. It was such a delicious treat for him.

I went for lunch with a friend today then we went over to Sears to buy some clothes. I got a skirt and top for the wedding so am feeling pretty good about that. It's reds and beiges which is a combo that I like.

Lily herbs are the easiest thing to grow here. They thrive on neglect. I think it is our weather not anything I do. All you have to do is harvest them a couple of times during the summer and once again in the fall.

Well a big hi to all the rest of you and enjoy your week end....

------------------
((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......

Old 10-07-2000, 10:40 AM   #27  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY I'm really tired this evening so I think I'll head off to bed. My grandbabies tired me out. LOL.
I made another bread today called "Aloha Loaf" with macadamia nuts, flaked coconut and candied pineapple. Very nice.
A friend dropped by and brought me a beautiful rose that had been dyed a very vivid blue, even the leaves had a hint of blue. (My home is basically blue, the carpenting, the kitchen flooring is white with a little bit of blue) so she said that was why she got it for me. It looked and smelled like a "normal" rose. Anyway~~~I gave her the heel of my newly baked bread (my most favorite) and she loved it.
Well my southern friends, we had snow today, YUK. Boy was my fat little squirrel ever running around gathering up the peanuts today. I guess he thought winter's coming. The water is frozen solid in the bird bath every morning now.
DH and I are going to spend Thanksgiving weekend with friends of ours at the lake. We are going to go tomorrow and come back in the early part of the day on Monday.
So Happy Thanksgiving DONNA and TRUDY and wishing all of you a lovely weekend.
I'll "talk" to you on Monday.
Old 10-07-2000, 10:51 AM   #28  
Super Surfer

Happy Thanksgiving Slavika and Donna Better take your "woolies" with you Slavika.
Hubby and I met our daughter for lunch downtown today. She has been so busy lately it was nice to see her lovely face.
We have a busy long weekend ahead of us and most of it involves eating . I hope everyone has a good weekend. I will peek in from time to time.

Old 10-07-2000, 11:49 AM   #29  

Evening Ladies,

GlendaI'm glad your news was so good, I know you will be able to relax for a while now

Donna, Trudy, Slavika Happy Thanksgiving. Do you all live near each other. And snow lord I've almost forgotten what it looks like.

I took most of the day off from the book today and work on some craft that I need to finsh for the show that I'm doing in a few week. My DD is coming in tomorrow and will be here till mnday morning, so I don't plan on going much, just spending time with her, I don't get to see her near as much as I would like and most of the time she only get to be here for 1 day.

The weather is turning cool it's down to 60 now and is suppose to get colder, I sure hope so.

Well you all have a good week end, I think most of your live where it get, cold so stay warm , if you don't mind could you let me know where every one is from, I think maybe some of you have said , I just don't remember

Night all, Lela

Old 10-07-2000, 10:33 PM   #30  
donna p

Hi all

Lela Trudy and Slavika live above New York State in the east and I live above Washington State in the west so we are along ways apart. I live in BC right close to the US border. I have sisters who live in Oregon and go down there quite often. Our weather is cool and sunny today - very fall like and the leaves are all different colours - not as vivid as out east but still very beautiful. I have a bench with a couple of scarecrow type people sitting on it and a bunch of pumkins on my front porch. It looks very seasonal. the fall is my favourite time of the year (when it sunshines not when it rains)and I feel so invigorated.
Yes Have a happy thanksgiving Slavika and Trudy and Sue if you are still checking in to see this.
I am off to the prison now to visit with my ladies so I will check in later.........have a good OP day all....

------------------
((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......

Closed Thread