Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2000, 07:43 AM   #1  
Flying Fingers

Just starting this off. I'm going type my post now and will be back shortly.

Josie
Old 09-28-2000, 08:06 AM   #2  
Net browser

DOXIE & everybody else who has touble with missing posts I had trouble back at the beginning of the month and asked Suzane for help and this is what she told me:
Suzanne 3FC
Old Hen posted 08-27-2000 11:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi!
Your browser is caching the old page. This is a common problem with this type of message board program. Hit "reload" or "refresh" to view all the posts.

You might be able to update the preferences in your browser to reduce the times you have to do this.

If you use IE, go to.. Tools.. Internet Options.. Then, under the 'General' tab, click the Settings button next to Temporary Internet files. It will say "Check for newer versions of stored pages:" and you should select "Every visit to the page" This should prompt your browser to only load the cached page if the page has not been updated since your last visit.

If you use Netscape, go to.. Edit.. Preferences.. Advanced.. Cache.. And choose "Every time".

Neither of these are failproof, however. If you should make the changes and still occasionally run into this problem, just remember to reload or refresh your page.

I know for sure if you hit the "REFRESH" button it works. Try it Doxie. Slavika

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old 09-28-2000, 08:11 AM   #3  
Flying Fingers

Hi,
Well, it sure was good to hear from you, Donna and Doxie. Wondered where in the world you were. Just having full lives, right? I "talked" to PC on ICQ a short time today. She's very busy also. Her daughter hasn't had her wedding yet.
Geri: I sure can relate to losing your car. I've decided to attempt to park on the same side of the lot at every big store I go to. It's so embarrassing to be walking around a huge parking lot pretending you know where you're going and searching frantically for your vehicle! Who were some of the speakers at the conference? Glad you got to go.
Lela: Well, "school girl" how was school today? I do admire your motivation. And a 5# loss is oh, so good!!! Happy Dance for you!
Countrygal: If your friend won't respond to your cards, why not phone her and confront her to tell you what the problem is. This is serious if y'all have been friends for so long. I would sure want to get to the bottom of it.
Slavika: Oh, Slavika, our "very interesting lady." I just love your life! So thankful you and DH were not in the wreck and were able to help out. And the bread..... well, practice makes perfect. Bet your next loaf is delicious.
Your drunk driver story reminded me of something I heard this past weekend at my brother's church. The pastor had a prayer request for two families. A young couple from the church had gotten married Sat. They left for their honeymoon and were about 100 miles down the road when they were struck by a drunk driver. The bride was killed, and the groom was in serious condition. That just breaks my heart. I wondered the same thing someone else said -- the drunk person nearly always comes out of it okay, many times killing someone else.
Trudy: Keep that chin up, girl. That small gain can't stay around long! The poem was very inspirational.
Wonder what Lily is up to about now???

Later,
Josie
Old 09-28-2000, 08:58 AM   #4  
Net browser

HELLO EVERYBODY Well I had a great day with my friend shopping today and of course a long leisurely lunch. Tomorrow, early I get my hair cut and I think when I get home I will attempt to bake bread again. I just want to say up front, if it turns into a brick again I WILL be painting those things and giving them to all you gals as door stops. So what color would you like?
LELA how was your first day of school? WTG on the 5# loss
DOXIE Happy Dance for you too 3.4#, you gals are sure doing great.
DONNA Hi, glad your Colleen & Jordan are well.
JOSIE Oh that was such a sad story. I'm very glad that no one was hurt in the accident we witnessed.
We didn't have such a great day weather wise today but tomorrow is suppose to be much nicer. Maybe while my "Magnificent bread" or ""wonderful Door Stops" are baking I can clean up the garden. "See" you later.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old 09-28-2000, 10:36 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone,
If this doesn not make sence it's cause my poor brain is soooo over worked. For the most part school went fine,I just forgot how fast paced it can be and this program puts 2 years in ones. It took me 4 hours to get all my home work done, glad I don't have amy little ones and a hubby that will do for him self.

Donna Victoria is a town in south Texas about 40 miles from where I live.

slavika I would like hunter green please

Hope you all have a good day tomorrow, for now I need to hit the bed ,hope I can get these old bones up in the morning

Night all Lela
Old 09-28-2000, 11:10 AM   #6  
Super Surfer

Hi Gals, I had a busy day, worked out in the morning and spent the afternoon chauffering around my two SIL who are in from other Provinces. I am going to miss them when they go home...always wanted a sister to feel close to.
Doxie...WTG - down 3.4! How do you gals do these big weight losses? Welcome back to the board.
Donna..You lead a very interesting life. I am glad that Colleen and Jordan are thriving .
Josie...That was a terrible story about the newlyweds. Drunk drivers should get heavy sentences, they ruin people's lives.
Slavika..Thanks for the advise on the REFRESH, I am always missing postings lately. So you're taking orders for "door stops", I can use one in sage green, thank you very much .
Lela...HOMEWORK?? YIKES!! Don't think I could do that again. Good luck on your courses. I am sure you will do well.
I am sure Lily looks great in her grass skirt and coconuts doing the hula, I hope she brings back pictures.

I tried very hard to stay OP today, but not sure I did too well, tomorrow is another day. I hope you all managed to stay OP.

Words of Wisdom: The smallest deed is better than the greatest intention!
Old 09-28-2000, 08:33 PM   #7  

Boy miss a day around here and It's hard to catch up.
slavika I'll take royal blue please.

Lela weigh to go 5 # down *** that was your happy dance from me. How is school going? I too admire you for what you are doing. Hope the getting up in the morning gets easier for you as time goes on.

Doxie ** ** happy dance for you 3.4# down. That is so great.

Trudy You had such a small gain I wouldn't get too upset over it. Just do your journal and exercise this week and next week it will be gone.

I stayed the same this week but I'll keep plugging away at this weight loss thing. I'm being the leader at the meeting in Brainerd this evening and I've told you guys before that meeting has a very large membership so I'm a bit shaky over it . I'll let you know if I survive.

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 09-28-2000).]
Old 09-29-2000, 03:18 AM   #8  

Hello There!! Slavika, I am going to stay positive and think that you are going to have a beautiful loaf of bread!! I know that you can do this. I will be looking forward to hearing how wonderful it tasted. Please let us know what kind you made this time. I refuse to think doorstop! Hope everyone is having a good day! The weather here in Iowa is just beautiful. Wish it could stay like this forever!! Wishful thinking, I know. Have a good evening!! Countrygal
Old 09-29-2000, 04:39 AM   #9  
Fun Blonde

Lela and Doxie and anybody I may have missed, congratulations on the weight loss. I went to WW on Tuesday and I am 3 pounds over, but not too upset because I could so easily have been 20 over because of the no-smoking thing. I went to a new WW class because my at work one didn't have enough to continue. As I was standing in line, my lecturer started reading MY farewell letter to Fat. I didn't know she was going to do that, so I was surprised. It just made my day when others wanted a copy.

Two days ago I had my ingrown toenail worked on. Didn't lose the nail, just had it raised with a little cotton put under it. You wouldn't believe how much that hurt--trobbed and throbbed. I guess I am such a wienie, but I wanted to wear a sign that read , "Caution! Sore foot!" It is better today after taking the dressing off and soaking it. My, old age is fun!
Glenda
Old 09-29-2000, 08:55 AM   #10  
Net browser

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when your BREAD'S perfect in every way.....
The bread recipe is my friend's and it's got raisins and craisins in it, with whole wheat flour and oatmeal.
I'm sure I will still experience more of those door stops coming out of that bread machine but not today. The big challenge now of course, is not to go back to the kitchen for ONE MORE SLICE.
GLENDA Told you your "Dear Fat" letter was great. Glad your boo-boo toe is a little bit better now.
COUNTRYGAL maybe your positive vibes reached my bread machine. LOL.
I'll come by later and see how you are all doing. Bye now.

Old 09-29-2000, 09:58 AM   #11  

Evening Ladies, Finally got my head out of the book and came to see how everyone is doing.

slavika I'm glad your bread turn out good, since I don't get my new door stopper, do I get some bread. or how about just sending your bread recipe, I have a bread machine,just haven't used it in a long time.

Glenda are you trying to quite smoking, that is the next thing on my list, for now it's my goal to stop at new Years, hopefuly thing will be settle down by then, my daughter is going so much better and that really helps.
Doxie 3.4 down way to go

Every one take care and I'll see you all later
Night Lela

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 09-28-2000).]
Old 09-29-2000, 11:36 PM   #12  

Hi all--just a quick check-in. I've been to Chicago--just before we left we found out my DH's company closed down, so now are into checking out unemployment benefits, getting on insurance at my job, etc.

I walked all over and lost a couple pounds, on the good side!!

Will drop in later after I read all your posts to see how you are doing!!

Vickie
Old 09-30-2000, 08:53 AM   #13  
Super Surfer

Just testing PC, will be back later.
Old 09-30-2000, 10:25 AM   #14  
Super Surfer

Hi gals, ...Is anybody else having problems with not seeing new posts? I'm counting posts now so I don't miss anything and using the REFRESH a lot. I find the board very slow lately too. I thought I was having trouble with my Browser, but now I am thinking it's 3FC. :confused:
Karen..How did the meeting go in Brainerd? I am sure you did good. I would like to sit in on one of your meetings sometimes.
Glenda...Your letter to Dear Fat was a winner , I'm not surprised they used it at the WW meeting. Be proud! How's the toe..Ouch!
Slavika..Congratulations on the bread. How many more have you baked since? Anytime you want a recipe, see me, I have a lot of them. Today I made an Oatmeal Whole Wheat..very tasty.
Lela..How's school going? When you stop smoking you will feel so much better.
Vickie..HI! Sorry to hear your DH's company closed down. Is he going to look for another job? That can be so stressful. WTG on the weight loss.
Today I made Lily's Chicken Caccitore recipe. It was very good..check it out. It is on our Recipe Site.
I managed to stay OP today, some days .......

Obstcles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Old 09-30-2000, 12:31 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies

No school to day, instead I spend the day running around trying to get things done that I would have done all week.

I wasn't to good to day, I wanted to eat and I did, Now tomorrow I will have to watch what I eat and repair some of the damage that I did today.

Trudy I know your right and I will feel better when I stop smoking, but right now I feel like it's just one to many thing to try and stop, I never knew trying to get in to a health life style could be so hard, so I'm taking them baby step, one thing at a time.
I'm not sure where I should have started, the weight, smoking, high blood pressure, high cholestrol. Last Dr. visits the b/p was good, some weigh off, so now it's more weight and getting the cholestrol down, then starting the new year working on the smoking, one day at a time. It has help with you all here, I know if thing get to hard then I have some caring , understanding people to help me get though thing.

You all have a good night (will I guess everone is already in bed by now) so have a good day tomorrow and I will check in later to see how everyone is doing.
Night Lela

Closed Thread