Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2000, 06:54 PM   #16  

Good Morning All,

Couldn't get into 3FC yesterday. For some reason It just would not connect. No clue

The meeting in Brainerd went great I was really pleased with the response I got there. I guess I shouldn't worry so much, And I thought the meeting topic was fun this week and so did the members. That helped.

Vickie sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope all works out soon.

Glenda did you let them know that was your letter?

Slavika now that you've mastered the Bread Machine did you mamage to stay out of the bread and not eat it all? That would be a big problem for me.

Lela I agree one thing at a time . Im sure your Chol. will go down even more after you quit smoking. Sounds as if you were running in circles yesterday.

I was very domestic yesterday got my house in shape even waxed the kitchen floor then fixed supper for the Husband. He was very pleased. For years on Friday we would go out because I was always so exhausted. I think I'm going to even like this time in my life. I did buy a book to help me get organized because I was trying to do everything at once and not getting anything done. So now I'm doing something every day that is on my to do list. I'm working a meeting somewhere Monday thru Thursday so most days I am still busy. But now I have time to do things for Hubby before I leave the house and he works nights so we get to spend time together. Nice We've been walking together everyday so far and plan to go again this morning. This afternoon is the last BBQ at my Dads for the season. We are supposed to have a beautiful day for it. So I am looking forward to it .

Well I guess I've rambled on long enough I'll check in later to see whats going on in everyone elses world.
Old 10-01-2000, 06:32 AM   #17  

Hello everybody

Here is the happy dance for you losers ** ** ) Wish I was one of you. Apparently I don't wish it too much or I would do something about it.

Vickie.... I hope your situation smooths out real soon. It is a terribly scary feeling to be out of a job. Will keep you in my prayers.

Donna.... It was good to hear from you. I couldn't make myself believe that you had up and left us. You need to check in more often. Are you enjoying that new baby? My baby is 11 months old now. She has 6 teeth (almost 8) and taking a few steps without holding on to anything. What a blessing that baby is. I thank God daily for her.

I don't know whether or not the X-DIL will give me the kids. I hope she does for their sake. This is the third week in a row that they have missed a day of school because she and her live-in took the day off. They got here at 8 PM Thursday night and came in starving. They hadn't eaten yet. They had asked their mother to fix them something to eat, but she said no. The boyfriend had supper though! She probably won't let me have them because the child support would stop. And they need that to pay bills. I hate this woman. It wouldn't do any good to turn her in to protective services. All that would do is remove me from their lives. She would know who did it and retaliate. My husband says that their is no way she would stop the kids from coming over. They like being able to run the roads any time they want to without paying a babysitter. I am not willing to take the chance.

A grocery store in the area tripled coupons up to 50 cents and doubled from 50 cents to a dollar. Did I have fun!!!!! I saved $93. It took some time but I have more time than I have money.

Silvergal... How are you doing? Have you heard from Erica yet?

Josie.... Thanks for the card. I needed that. Maybe I will catch you online later tonight. As you can see, I don't get on much anymore. Karen is working longer hours and so is her DH so I don't get home till about 2 hours later than I used to. That throws everything much later. I don't dare get on the 'puter that late because I don't know when to quit and I wouldn't ever get any sleep. Sure do miss it though.
Old 10-01-2000, 08:07 AM   #18  
donna p

Hi everyone. Well this morning I went for a touch up on my eyes so tonight they are a little swollen. I may have to go one more time as that is the usual but I don't think so. the dye took so well. Geri I think 11 months is such a cute age. They are really interacting with you then. right now Jordan is a bit of a blob tho' only I can say that but she is so cuddley and she is starting to smile at us all over the place.(Not just gas) It's so cute to pick her up from a nap and have her look at you and smile. Josie how is Cole doing? Vickie I hope all your paper work goes through quickly and easily and that hubby finds another job he likes real soon. I find that I am spending money faster than I make it so I took on two new clients and now have to work a bit more regularly. One half day a week for one client and 2 half days for another. I start on tuesday.
It rained all day yesterday but we are going back to nice fall weather. Next weekend is our thanksgiving weekend and for the first time ever I won't be making a dinner. Both my kids and families are going camping for the weekend which leaves Vern and I home animal sitting for all of us. We may go out for a meal one evening. I will do the big turkey dinner at christmas.
How do you like retirement Karen - it's fun isn't it..
Oh Lela I'm going to bug you too....you gotta stop smoking. It will help you so much!
I make bread machine bread too now that my hands are pretty arthritic and one recipie that I like is the whole wheat and honey bread. It is in the black and decker bread book (which is the kind of bread maker I have.) We may have to start a bread machine recipe section on our other site.
Glenda I'm so glad you are doing well with your non smoking. those pounds will come off when you stabalize and in the meantime a wee bit more exercise will also help and it will give you something to do besides smoking
Well I have to go into town and get a box of papers and other materials for one on my classes - exciting sat. night but must be done. Night all.....

------------------
((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......

Old 10-01-2000, 10:04 AM   #19  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
TRUDY & KAREN I have been having trouble getting on 3FC too. Found everything was so slow. I had to refresh too, to read posts but it seems normal now.
SCHOOLGIRL Hi, yes I will post the bread recipe, DONNA you will probably like it too. By the way, good to "see" you.
VICKIE sorry your husband is out of work. Is he in a field where he will beable to get something quickly?
GERI geez, you sure have your hands full with all that is going on in your life.
I won't even go into what I think of your X-DIL. Do the two boys live far from you?
So you saved $93.00 that's roughly $140.00 Canadian. Boy my husband would be happy to have you do our grocery shopping. LOL
Your coupons in the States are so much better then ours.
Well gang my DIL and two grandchildren were coming for lunch yesterday. My son called from his office and asked if he could join us too. Of course. I started a Country white bread in the bread machine early in the morning and it was ready about 5 minutes before they got here. I put out a variety of cold meats and cheeses and then I sliced up my still warm masterpiece. My grandson said, "you made this Baba?' "It's great."
So I allowed myself to bask in the glory of the moment. THEN my son said, "let us carefully examine HOW you made this magnificent bread?"
"Didn't you JUST dump the ingredients in and turn the machine on."
I SAID, "well there is certainly much more to it then that." He said, "like what", laughing very hard by this time. At that point I reminded him of the story of "The Little Red Hen".
Cheeky kid. LOL
Well when they left there was only 1 1/2 slices of the Country White Bread left, (that the recipe assured me was just like Grandma made)so KAREN I didn't get to eat too much.
Well I guess a couple of more sleeps and
LILY will be home.
Well good night, talk to you tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2000, 10:24 AM   #20  
Senior Chick

Hello Everyone
Checking in after a very busy week. I weighed in today and was up 1.7 I don't know why - it's very frustrating but I am going to push the water and make sure I check all point values. I've been fighting off a cold and its that time of the month so who knows..Just something to work through I guess. I do know that my new clothes are getting loose so maybe I'm just rearranging my body a bit

Slavika I have my bread machine out in the garage. I don't think I could just have a small slice. You are an iron-willed woman!

Doxie & Lela Happy dance for your weight loss!

Trudy Here's to both of us doing well this week!

Glenda I winced when I read about your toe! I've had that too and then they finally had to cut it out. Very painful!

I'll check back in tomorrow!

Margot
Old 10-01-2000, 07:06 PM   #21  

Good Morning all,

It's early yet but I'm up and waiting for the coffee to get done. I like to get up and have the house all to myself for a while. Anybody else like that?

Welcome back Margot Been wondering when you'd pop in on us. Sorry about the gain but like you said it could be a lot of things so you just go on from there. We all get setbacks now and then but never,never quit Right

slavika glad you can control the bread. I really would like to get one of those machinnes because everyone just raves about them but I am chicken what can I say.

Geri You grandchildren are so lucky to have you . At least they have one place they can be safe warm and not hungry. It boggles the mind to think a mother could mistreat her kids. I've never undersood that at all. Saving $93.00 you are my kind of shopper. I love it.

Donna I never have believed it was gas that made my grandbabies smile. I've always taken credit for making them smile after alll I'm am the GrandMother Also I'm sure I already know this but what kind of work do you do and you do this from home? So far I'm loving this simi-retirement.

Well got to go need to start planing next weeks meeting. Talk to you guys later
Have a Great Day
Old 10-01-2000, 10:44 PM   #22  
Life Time 2001

Aloha All!

Im not even gonna try and catch up on the posts.

Got back late last night. Had a wonderful time! DH and I are talking of retiring there.
Want to buy a place and rent it out until we are ready. Who knows we just might do it to!

Loved Maui and Hawaii (the Big Island) Not at all impressed with O'ahu. Just another California to me and way to Touristy for me to. Glad I was only there 2 days!

Hello to all! Hope everyone is doing well!
Will try and read some of the back posts when I get a minute!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 10-01-2000).]
Old 10-02-2000, 04:52 AM   #23  
Net browser

ALOHA LILY and welcome back. I'm glad you loved Maui.
I'll come back later to "see" you.
I got it wrong I didn't think you got back until tomorrow. :confused:
We sure missed you, you have a lot of catching up to do.
Bye for now.
Old 10-02-2000, 06:31 AM   #24  

afternoon ladies, Just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was doing.Not a lot going on here today, watching football and doing homework, will have my first test on tuesday, been a long time since I've taken test,so I'm studying a lot, beside I cann't let those young people beat me.

Lily Welcome home

Karen I'm with you, I like to have some time by myself when I first get up,mainly cause it take me a while to wake up, on weekends it seem my DH is always up first and ready to go, he wants to talk and I just want peace and quite.

I guess I did a real no no today, we had fried chicken,mash potatoes, gravy and corn on the cob and biscuit . boy was it good, so I will have to really watch it now, beside being high in points:eek dont even want to count them) it's also high in cholestrol. Boy when I slip I really slip.

You gals have a good evening and a good day tomorrow, will check in after school.

Lela

Old 10-02-2000, 10:35 AM   #25  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY The board is a little quiet tonight, I hope its because everyone is having a good time.
CAL not to worry about that little gain, you have done so well, and these
"little" things are sent to test us I think. LOL I sure am tested a LOT.
KAREN I don't technically get up in the morning with my DH when he heads off to his office. I bake lots of muffins and freeze them and bring up a couple every night for him to have in the morning. He has 2 muffins and hot chocolate every morning, so I figure he can handle boiling the water on his own. Now I am conscious, just not out of bed. So he gets some quiet time and when he leaves at 7:15AM then I have quiet time. I am enjoying the bread machine and made another Cranberry Raisin Loaf today and sent the whole thing home with my son and DIL. It sure makes the house smell nice.
LILY I agree 2 days in Oahu is plenty. I still think if you are going all the way to Hawaii you should at least see Waikiki Beach. Honolulu is certainly a busy City with many many tourist attractions.
Were you pleased with your accommodations, and how was the weather? Was "Hawaii" the big island, beautiful? Did you like it better then Maui?
LELA Not to worry about your 1 meal. You probably made better choices on the other 20 you had during the week.
Hello to my friend TRUDY I have not seen her or heard from her in a while. She may be entertaining out of town guests.
I had my son and DIL and the grandchildren over for pizza tonight. DH, son and grandchildren had a game of football in the back yard. My grandson told me, his team won, (his team being himself and his 5 yr old sister.) He told me the score was 465 to 49 (my DH & son, had the 49) LOL I think the 5 yr old was keeping score.
Good night all.
Old 10-02-2000, 10:39 AM   #26  

Welcome Home Lily we all missed you but so glad you had a wonderful time. be sure to give us a blow by blow account of the whole trip. We want to know everything.
Old 10-03-2000, 12:53 AM   #27  
Life Time 2001

Cal: Sorry to hear about the gain. But Im sure it is just your body adjusting. And being sick on top of it doesnt help either. It will be back off in no time.

Slavika: A bread Machine huh? Yum! I would like one but I think I better pass as Homemade bread might do me in. I love it! Maybe when I feel I can control it I will break down and buy one.

Karen: I bet you are loving the Semi-Retirement! Be nice to finally get some things done you always wanted to do but put off!

Lela: You will do fine with the test. Let us know how it goes Tuesday!

As for the trip. We spent 7 days in Maui and I loved every minute of it. Our Hotel was 20 ft from the Ocean and it was wonderful. Spent the mornings and evenings on the patio just enjoying the View. Did lots o touring here and even took a Bus trip to Hana. This is a single lane road and very windy also. DH didnt want to drive it and I dont blame him so we took a tour. Lasted all day but was well worth it. Lots of Waterfalls on the way and beautiful views all the way there. Saw the entire Island and all that was there to see.

Hawaii was 5 days: Hotel was great but to Resorty for me. Did have a beautiful view tho. We did drive around the Island here also and saw quite abit. But also missed alot to. Need more time there. Also the Hotel was on the wrong side of the Island. Took an Hour to get to the other side and thats where most the stuff to see is. So spent way to much time driving and not seeing alot. Will do different next time for sure.

O'hau: 2 1/2 days. Enough. Did drive half the Island here. The other side was very nice and had some awesome views also. Did take the hike here to the top of Diamond Head. It said it was .7 miles. The last part of it was a killer tho. 99 steep steps to the top Plus some windy steps. Anyways a total of 216 steps to climb. Was a great work out! Loved it! But even I was huffing and puffing to make it. Those last 99 were real killers. The Island is worth seeing but if you arent into the touristy stuff make it short!

My Favorite Island was Maui. DH was Hawaii. I loved them both so it really is hard to decide which one I will live on. I just know it will not be O'hau!

Spent a fortune too! Bought 4 dresses there that were sleevless or spagetti straps. Just couldnt resit. Wore those at night and shorts during the day. Was really hot and Muggy but got use to it after a couple of days.
We also did find some out of the way resturants that were cheap as most are very expensive. Spent alot of time at Subway to! And bought Ceral for Breakfast that we could have in our room.

Did weigh in at home today and I did gain 3 pounds. But Im working to get it off this week. Hopefully will get some off anyways before I go back to WW next Sat.

Im off today but back to work tomorrow. Alas........ Not looking forward to it!

Old 10-03-2000, 07:08 AM   #28  

Welcome home Lily...you don't have to be told you were missed. Glad you are back

I am going to post a cute joke on the joke thread. You all may want to check it out.

Kara is going to be baptized Saturday afternoon. I am having a small party that evening to celebrate. Hope I get the house clean before then.
Old 10-03-2000, 07:50 AM   #29  
Super Surfer

Hi gals...I hope everybody had a nice weekend. I watched the Olympic Closing Ceremonies. It was really nice and the fireworks were something else. Wish I would have been there. Did anybody else watch? I liked the music and have managed to download the songs from Napster. I am having trouble with Waltzing Mathilda though..
Lela..good luck on the test tomorrow. I don't think that you can stop smoking until you are completely committed. It will come.
Geri..That X-DIL sounds like a real B#@&*! I feel so bad for the boys, they don't deserve that kind of mother. I hope everything works out and you get them.
I am a coupon shopper! I just love handing them in and looking at the bottom of the tape to see how much I have saved. I never saved $93.00 though. WTG
Donna..I have a Black & Decker Bread Machine. That whole wheat & honey is a favorite of mine too.
Margot..When I am close to goal, the weight loss is very slow. I will go up and down and at the end of the month be 1 lb down, if I am lucky.
Lily..Hi!! The holiday sounded wonderful. Now we are all going to want to go there.
Slavika..am I going to see you tomorrow? Not to excited about getting on that scale.
Karen..I like to be by myself in the mornings. I like to eat breakfast and read the paper in quiet. My DH gets up earlier than I do, so I wait until he goes to do his crosswords and watch the news on TV.

People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing..."talk" to you tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2000, 09:07 AM   #30  

Well, I stayed the same this week Kind of a bummer. We got word today that my boss (same age as me) died this morning. She had cancer and was up at Mayo Clinic. She was awaiting a bone marrow transplant. To top it off, the place where my husband works was sold today. No one knew about it til it happened. It's definitely been a Monday
Lily - your trip sounds wonderful. It's been 30+ years since I was in Hawaii. Bet it's changed a lot.
Do you all like your Black & Decker bread machines? I've been thinking about getting one, but don't know which brand to get. Also, I've been thinking about a dehydrator, but know absolutely nothing about them (looks like fun on the infomercial). Any advice or suggestions?
Thanks for the help!
Closed Thread