Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Saturday! Well I went to W/I and stayed for the meeting... my W/I was not what I had hoped... I stayed exactly the same... ugh! DH lost 5.4 with out even trying... Grrr. BUT at least it was not a gain... not sure what happened. Food has been good, I got a bit of exercise in but I did not lose. That is ok, I will keep at it and with a bit more exercise maybe something will click and my body will start to let the weight go... it sure seems to be holding it on to with a crazy stubborness.

Hope all is well with everyone... today it is supposed to be nice so when I get out of my pilates class I will be heading home to get some yard work done. Tomorrow it is supposed to be a totally different story with snow expected on Monday... ugh!

Have a great weekend all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles.
Princess, that's mean! I have one suggestion and that is that in a week where the food is good and exercise is resumed, it often happens that WW's gain weight or stay the same. It seems that the exercise muscles get stretched or aggrevated, fluid rushes to that spot and stays there to help with healing. This is fluid that normally would have been excreted showing as a weight loss. I am betting that this is what happened to you. A steady exercise leads to less stressed muscles, the fluid goes away and a weight loss on the scale occurs. I often think of this when I resume exercise and sometimes it even holds me back from exercising which is completely dopey!
However, it's not fun to work hard and not see a weight loss. Here's to a really nice weight loss next week. You can do this!

I'm heading into the kitchen to make a WW friendly dip to bring with me to the birthday party today. I'll bring celery and carrot sticks and work hard to avoid potato chips. I know it sounds juvenile, but I love potato chips and keep them out of the house here.

Have a great weekend and be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/212.4/210/thinner into onederland :cooL:
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Thumbs up I Broke a Zero!

at my weigh-in today! I'm hoping next week to hit my first 10-pound mark (with many, many more to go!) Hopefully that will encourage me to get that exercising done first thing in the morning!

Our leader is originally from Brooklyn and is Jewish. This week she shared a very funny story about an experience she had last Passover where she wasn't aware of the points count for the Passover wine (1 pt. for 1 oz.) and drank her entire day's points allowance just in wine alone! Shows even leaders/lifetime members are human and can make mistakes. I like how she makes her points with humor, and also that the meeting doesn't drag on and on. Even with my ample padding those metal folding chairs aren't real comfortable.

Had my follow-up ultrasound last week after my mammogram showed some "abnormality." Unfortunately the technician had all the personality of a dry stick and I left feeling more anxious than I walked in. Should have the results by Wednesday -- everyone cross their fingers, okay?

Hope everyone has a great weekend full of love and laughter and activities you enjoy!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #34  

Morning all and happy Monday, we had a very rainy day yesterday! It just rained and rained then it got cold and we woke up to snow showers here this morning... I did pretty good on my eating over the weekend although I used a bunch of flex points yesterday, I made a pot of white chicken chili and it was so good that I went back for seconds...

Judy: I agree, and since it has happened that way before I guess I should have figured that it would again. Have a great time with your family and on your travels!

Donna: I pulled a zero too, two weeks in a row... ugh! Great story about your leader =)

Bandit: How are you doing? Did you have a good weekend?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Well, yesterday was a fabulous sunny day & today we have snow. Actually the drive to work was quite nasty & very slippy. Hope it clears before I leave for home.

My eating wasn't so great over the weekend. Had some pizza Sat night & a few extra snacks yesterday, so have to really be good this week. But I did get in 3 walks so that was good.

My dd came home late Sat night so spent Sun with her & made a nice roast beef dinner, since she doesn't eat enough red meat on her own.

ANyway, weekend was nice - got my taxes done, so that is out of the way.

Have a great day, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #36  

Default Starting the Week Off Right!

I'm going to be having several family gatherings the next couple of weeks: My DH's birthday on Thursday, Easter at my mother-in-law's, and dinner at my youngest son's house the following week. My past behavior would be to shrug and use those gatherings as an excuse to start overeating NOW, but that's a behavior I want to change. So instead I'm going to try to be extra special "good," exercise at *least* four times this week and have those 35 weekly points available if they are needed.

DH's birthday dinner is at our house so at least I have control over what goes on the table. I'm planning on a spiral cut ham and a WW upsidedown German chocolate cake. DH absolutely loves mashed potatoes so they'll make an appearance, and a couple green vegies -- don't know what yet.

I've already done my two miles today with LS. Wore shoes for the first time. My feet felt heavy at first but by the end of the two miles I had adjusted. I'm going to have to get some more exercise socks, though -- I only found one pair! Where did all my other socks go?? Wouldn't it be great if I could lose the weight as easily as I lose my socks!!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #37  

Default Upsidedown German Chocolate Cake

Thought someone else might enjoy this recipe too!

Upsidedown German Chocolate Cake

POINTS® value | 5
Servings | 16
Preparation Time | 25 min
Cooking Time | 40 min
Level of Difficulty | Moderate

1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
2 Tbsp light butter
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup unpacked brown sugar
3/4 cup packaged shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
5 large egg white(s)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
18 1/2 oz chocolate cake mix (German)

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- x 13-inch nonstick baking pan with cooking spray.

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter with water. Stir in brown sugar until smooth; pour evenly into baking pan. Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over melted sugar mixture.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on high, beat egg whites for 30 seconds. Beat in buttermilk, sour cream and applesauce. Add cake mix and beat on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Beat for an additional 2 minutes; pour into pan.

Bake for 40 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.

This recipe taken from the Weight Watchers website.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #38  
Chick

Guys, I'm running out to Montauk Point. Okay, I'm driving out, but I want to thank Donna for nice cake recipe and I've got my fingers crossed for a good evaluation of your mammogram. : and
Judy
Old 04-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #39  
Chick

Everbody have a good week, do your best and keep on keepin' on. I've got a lot of challenges this week and I've got to stay focused.
Love, Judy
234.6/212.4/210/thinner into onederland
Old 04-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #40  

Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone! Still cold here but at least the snow flurries have stopped. They are calling for a beautiful Easter weekend here, hope it stays that way since the weather here changes at the drop of a hat. Eating is good this week so far although I used a ton of flex points on Sunday. I am going to go to the Zumba class on Thursday but will be skipping the Pilates class on Saturday since we have family coming in for the holiday weekend.

Bandit: glad you made it to work with no major problems, it was the same way here for us but we only got flurries, nothing that stuck around for very long.

Donna: Thanks for the recipe! I printed it off, DH loves German Chocolate Cake! Good job on the exercising!

Judy: Have a great time on your travels!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #41  

Default Monster Salad

This isn't a recipe, per se, but I thought I'd share this in case someone hasn't heard of it before. My DH calls it "monster salad." You'll need a large container with a lid, Tupperware-style. I make up a big batch of salad and put in everything EXCEPT wet ingredients like tomatoes. Leafy greens, a bunch of radishes, most of a head of celery (chopped), cucumbers, summer squash. Get all the chopping out of the way, once! Then you take two or three sheets of paper towel and fold it over the top of the ingredients and put on the lid. Then when you put it in your refrigerator, store it UPSIDE DOWN. The paper towels will need to be replaced when they feel damp, which is usually every 2 or 3 days. The salad will stay fresh, if it lasts that long, 10 or 12 days. Whenever you want a salad, all you have to do is grab a handful or two of the dry ingredients and add some tomato, dressing and croutons. Voila! I've noticed we eat a lot more salads when this is ready and waiting in the refrigerator. I'm much less likely to make a salad when I have to prepare the whole thing from scratch, especially in the evening when I'm tired.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Donna - that is a good idea with the salad. Will definately try that & as you said sometimes you just don't feel like making salad from scratch everytime.

Princess - good luck with the Zumba class, that sounds like fun!

Judy - hope ou keeping focussed with all on your calender this week.

As for myself, I was up 1/4# last night at w/i so wasn't pleased with that.
Not a good thing right before a long weekend. So really have to be careful this week & make wise choices.

Hope you all have a great Easter weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #43  

Afternoon all! Not much new here, just getting ready for company and the holiday weekend. Not doing a whole lot this year for Easter but will have a meal and be with the family.

Bandit: So sorry to hear about the gain! UGH. I know how frustrating that can be.

Donna: Great idea! I need to try that.

Have to run!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #44  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Donna, what a clever idea. I am going to give that salad a try!
Bandit, I'm sorry about your gain. It's tiny, so maybe it was just fluid. I hear you about the upcoming holiday.
Princess, it'll be nice to have your family together.
Easter is here this year. I just settled on my menu. Since I was out at the beach this week, I've got a lot to do tomorrow. I'll have to shop, drop off my car, and clean up the house. I can do it, especially when I realize none of it is a really big deal. Food was absolutely awful at the beach. I brought yogurt, etc. with me and *brought it all right back, uneaten*. That was not smart nor funny and I feel thousands of pounds heavier. I've got to figure out how to let frustrations with my darling grandchild (and he is darling) translate into something other than eating.
Well, this should be a nice weekend and I'm making a killer cake for Easter that will be worth all the points!
Gotta run. It's nice to be back and to read your posts.
Judy
Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #45  

Hi all and happy Friday to everyone, nothing new to report here but I wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy Easter weekend.

Take care and stay on plan whenever possible!