Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 06:30 PM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Wow..lots of posts since I was here last!

Mary C....welcome to our "fabulous" group. I think you'll be happy with the support you find here. I don't go to meetings, am trying to make 123 my lifestyle (and am too cheap to pay!), so I really count on this site for support, information, ideas, etc. Good luck!

Essie...good to have a name to relate to! You mentioned that you have the Firm's tapes, I've seen those mentioned quite a bit on this site. So far I've only used a "lite" tape, am thinking of buying a few new ones to vary my routine a little. Are there any Firm tapes that are better than others?

Dianne...I'm using my "old" WW materials from last year, not the new 10% idea. The program recommends that you do at least 20 minutes of physical activity every day; once you do 20 minutes, any additional 20 minutes gives you 1 extra point to spend on food. So..while it's not much, it's kind of like a reward!

Terri... good luck with the taebo! I'd love to try it but will have to strengthen up a bit first. My knees are shot from doing physical work for 24 years, and carrying around this excess weight. The walking and exercising had better help!

I thought it might be neat for us to do a bio like I've seen on other threads. The problem is, I don't know how to post it. Anyone interested?

I increased the weights I use, from 3.3 lbs. to 5 lbs. Can feel the difference already! It is freaking me out, that I am actually doing this every day, and, what's more, looking forward to it every morning! I exercise 4 days, and walk the other 3. Frankly, I'm not crazy about the walking. But I do try to vary it by taking different routes, and listening to different music each time.

Pookamoon, Myra...hi!

Have a great day everyone...we can do this!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 09-14-2000).]
Old 09-14-2000, 09:20 PM   #17  

Thanks so much Essie!!! I checked out your brother. He looks great! I wish I could afford a personal trainer. I hope he gets his own gym. That would be a great motivator working in a gym.

Jen- I can't wait to try it. I figure with the building of muscle with the bowflex it should help with the taebo. I hope!

Thanks again Mary!!!!!!! Money will be in the mail soon.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Terri
Old 09-15-2000, 12:38 AM   #18  

Hey everybody -- wow, this page exploded since last night!!

MaryC - You're welcome for the welcome, LOL. You're absolutely right - if your legs tingle, that is the fat burning My daughter order the Taebo tapes last year and I tried the first one, I must have been totally out of shape, cause I thought I was gonna have a heart attack Maybe I'll give them another try.

Essie -- I checked out your brother's site -- very cool! It must be great having a personal trainer in your family -- does he give you free advice??? Hope he gets to open his own gym, that would really be great for you too.

Jenny - Thanks for the info on the extra activity for extra points... I guess I must have known that at one time, but forgot. I usually try to do 30-45 mins of walking, so if I do 45 that means 1 more pt, right? Every little point helps!

Terry - Thanks again for the help with editing a reply. I was able to edit my "planned" dinner last night, which turned out to be a totally different dinner. It was cool, though since I managed to use only 21 pts. instead of the "planned" 24.

Let us know when you become "buff" from the Taebo, okay? LOL

Pookemoon, Myra - hi, how are you?

Talk to you all soon - have a great day!

Dianne
Old 09-15-2000, 01:28 AM   #19  

Jenny523:
I love The Firm tapes! I started 7 years ago (though not faithfully) with working out with them. My first was Classic Vol #4 since it's only 45 minutes long and works with my hectic schedule. Since then they've grown and I personally own about 26 tapes now! I love the strength (& the rush) from lifting weights! They have a couple of "Basic" tapes that you can start with and then move up. More info can be found at thefirmdirect.com I also post on the "FirmBeliever's Forum" and I get tips & motivation over there too. Right now my VCR is broken so I can't do any; otherwise last night I was going to do "Upper Body Split" that works just the upper body and abs (since my arhritic knee is bothering me I need to pass on cardio tapes for now!). Let me know if you need further information! A personal favorite from my growing collection is "CardioStepMix"; it's actually fun with a few dance steps but lots of stepping! Sometimes I don't realize I'm sweating it's so much fun!. I bought my steps from The Firm (but I've read on FBForum that you can use a Rubbermaid step in its place). I have 4" and 8" steps and 14" tall box that shapes the butt and thighs! I see some toning now though I need to lose this fat too! Mary

[This message has been edited by 12BFit (edited 09-14-2000).]
Old 09-15-2000, 03:29 AM   #20  

Your welcome Dianne on the editing. It is
The day that I wake up and am buff I will go straight to the puter and let ya'all know! LOL Wouldn't it be great if it worked that way?

Essie, Pookamoon, MaryC., Myra, and Jen (Hope I didn't miss anyone) Have a great night and stay OP and move, move, move!!!!!!
Terri

Old 09-15-2000, 07:05 AM   #21  

Hello

MaryC, my sister has arthritis on her knee. It swells up every now & then & she said it's very painful. She doesn't do any type of exercise. I try to encourage her but I gave up.

Terri, how long have you had the Bowflex? My brother gave me a workout on it & it felt really good. Between the Bowflex & Taebo, you'll be looking like the women on the Shape magazine. Did you ever check out the Taebo website? .taebo.com

Jen, about The Firm tapes I rented one from Blockbuster. I wanted to try it first & I was completely satisfied. You're doing very well with your exercise program. Keep it up

Terri, thanks for the compliment on my brother. He's a good guy. I wish I could have him train me but he's so busy with his clients & Wellcoaches. Since he's the Head Coach he has to travel every now & then. But he gives me great tips. We useto workout at a gym together & I loved it. Now he's just too busy.

Dianne, you were just too funny about the taebo tapes. LOL Try to do a little at a time. Thanks for checking out Wellcoaches. I can't wait for my brother to open up his own gym. We talk about it all the time. I will always be motivated

MaryC, I just read your post about the Firm tapes. You really are a Firm fan!! I'm going to rent another one this week-end. Sorry about your VCR. My son keeps telling me to buy a DVD player but how would I tape my soaps? I told him maybe I'll get one & put it in the living room. Did you ever try Step Reebok with Gin Miller? I've had it for years but it's my favorite. When your knee gets better maybe you could try renting it. Talk about sweating

I weigh in tomorrow
I'll keep you posted.

Essie
Old 09-15-2000, 09:20 AM   #22  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm here Essie, just been overwhelmed with work.

MC, glad you made it onto 3FC. I think you will enjoy posting here!

I just weighed in today and am actually overjoyed that I stayed the same, especially since my work load has been crazy and I really hadn't been writing much down since I went away last week. Well, I'm journaling again, I'm back here and hopefully I'll see a loss next week.

------------------
Myra
183/170.6/130
Old 09-15-2000, 10:27 PM   #23  

TGIF!!!!! Hope everybody is having a great OP day.
I weighed in this morning & I'm down 2.4! I am so happy

Myra, glad to have you back. In spite of feeling overwhelmed, at least you stayed the same. Not bad.

I was talking to a WW receptionist this morning & she's getting discouraged. She can't seem to lose 7 lbs she's been trying to lose for the past several months. She also told me she doesn't journal anymore :confused: She's doing everything else right & she's exercising 6 days a week. It must be very frustrating. I think she looks great but she's very unhappy with herself. When I make lifetime I will still journal. I don't think I could remember everything at the end of the day.

Well, I'll be back later.
Have a great day
Old 09-15-2000, 11:16 PM   #24  

Thanks Essie,
2.4- That is great!!!!!! Way to go Girl!!!!
I will check the taebo site out! Thanks!!!! I just started learning the bowflex. I have a video and a book. I plan on starting full force by Oct. I can't wait. I wish your brother was around. My poor DH still is pretty much laid up after working all day on his leg. He broke it last May.
Have a great weekend.

Myra- That is great when you think you gain. Congrats!
Terri

Old 09-16-2000, 12:55 AM   #25  

Hi guys -- happy friday!

Myra - glad to hear you stayed the same. Now that you're back, you'll get back into the routine of journalling, etc. Good luck in your next weigh in.

Essie -- 2.4! That's great. You must be thrilled. I'm working hard on program this week, drinking (water, that is, LOL), journalling, walking, even banking some points (very unusual). I'm really looking for a loss this Sunday, big or small. Bigger is better of course, but I'll take whatever.

Hi Terri, Pookemoon, Jen & Mary, hope you're all doing well. Will talk to you later.

Dianne

[This message has been edited by decemberdianne (edited 09-15-2000).]
Old 09-16-2000, 01:05 AM   #26  

Hey, I just noticed -- I'm not a chick-let anymore, I grew up, LOL!

Dianne
Old 09-16-2000, 02:00 AM   #27  

Dianne- Congrats on not being a chick-let. I hope your Friday is going well.

Mary- My taebo tapes got here safely. Thank you! I can't wait to try them.

Everyone have a great day!
Terri
Old 09-16-2000, 06:08 AM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Mary, thanks for the rundown on the Firm tapes. I think I'll go to Blockbuster tomorrow and see which ones they have. I love music, but kind of have two left feet when it comes to dancing, you would laugh if you saw me even try to do Richard Simmon's dancing to the oldies!

Myra, good to hear from you. Maintaining is a plus, shows you did make the effort. That's just as important as losing. I'm sure the journalling will help things.

Essie! 2.4 lbs. is awesome. Congratulations.

Dianne, good luck on your weigh in on Sunday. The hard work has gotta pay off!

Well, went out to lunch with my sister today, to a Mexican restaurant. Exercised before I went, but the pitcher of margaritas we shared probably did me in.

Hi to you Terri.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jen

Old 09-16-2000, 03:27 PM   #29  

Hi everyone, gosh I was only gone a day or two and you guys really chatted it up.Thanks for all the well wishes, I am still pretty stuck and have been for months, just can't seem to get the loosing started again. I gain .2 then loose .2 aarrrhhhhh.
Back to those 17 point rolls, I have to tell you about my big oops. Dreamery Ice Cream.. I bought one "Grandma's Cookie Jar" oh my I didn't look at calories or fat, nothing until I had eaten the whole thing and waited about 2 hours, then I peeked. Well it was nearly points for the week. The only consolation was it was without doubt the best ice cream fix I ever had . Maybe I am still working that off, its been three months or more
Dianne, I really admire you for coming back, that has to be sooo hard. I just keep thinking about when I quit smoking and how awful and hard that was, now I know I will never smoke again because I never want to go through that again. It was just the hardest thing.
Jen, has anyone told you that you need to loose 10% before the exercise points work? I don't know why but that is what we were told? :confused:
Essie, I agree totally with the journaling, I just don't know how I could remember all that I have eaten and what points are left for the day. I always make sure and have extra journals around just incase I miss a meeting or something.
Terri, good luck with the taebo, I don't have that kind of energy, I do a little Richard Simmons, more my speed. I am gonna try your faux icecream sandwiches. Sounds yummy.
Well gotta go feed orphan potbellied pigs, have a wonderful weekend everyone, oh by the way how do you go from chick-let to chick? Bye all good luck!!!
Old 09-16-2000, 06:53 PM   #30  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Pookamoon, I can understand about your run-in with Dreamery ice cream. When it first appeared here, my husband and I each picked out a flavor. It was toooo good. That was the first and last time I bought it!
I too, quit smoking (it's been 8 years) and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. On the other hand, I figure that if I could do that, taking off the weight shouldn't be such a huge obstacle to overcome. Good going on being smoke free!
As far as exercise goes, I'm not following the 10% plan....I have all the materials from last year when I joined. They indicate that exercise should be started right away, which is what I did last year when I lost 25 lbs. At that time, we were never told to wait to start exercising. I wonder why they don't advocate that now? Oh well, as long as it works, I won't argue!
Happy Saturday!
Jen
Closed Thread