Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2000, 11:27 AM   #31  
Flying Fingers

Hi Ladies,
Trudy and Schoolgirl: I've had MasterCook 5 for about a month and am still learning it. But I have successfully added recipes and new ingredients. To add your own recipes this is what you do -- Click "Cookbooks" at bottom. Look down list for "My Cookbook." If you don't see it, you'll have to set up your cookbook by clicking the "New" icon on rt side of screen (top icon - a page) and typing in whatever you want to call your cookbook. Double-click your cookbook from the list. Click top icon on rt (page) to enter a new recipe. A new recipe page will open. Put recipe name in "Title", then list ingredients, then directions. Under "Notes" tab you can enter the points after you figure them. To get nutritional value click the red heart icon on rt.

To add ingredients that are not in the program click "Tools", "Ingredient List", "New" and enter ingred. and other necessary info.
Hope this helps. If you have any other specific question, I'll try to help you out. But, as I said, I'm still learning it myself.

Good Night everyone,
Josie
Old 09-15-2000, 02:08 PM   #32  
Senior Chick

ALOHA Lily! Hope you have a wonderful trip! Drink lots of water.

Josie I think i use the Mastercook the same way. It just takes a little playing around. it isn't as straightforward as some programs.

Anyone try to go to Tony's website? I think xoom and snap are changing or something. I was looking for points for Chevy's restaurant (West Coast Tex-Mex)
Dotti's doesn't have them.

OK this is silly. It is midnight and here i am on the computer. I went to bed at 10 - early for me- but couldn't sleep. Too hot. A mini hot flash I think. i am going to go back to bed and try again. The alarm will go off too soon...

Margot
Old 09-15-2000, 10:57 PM   #33  
Life Time 2001

Just came in to say Aloha all
Have a good two weeks and see ya when I get back on 10/2!

Be good!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 09-15-2000).]
Old 09-15-2000, 11:41 PM   #34  
Fun Blonde

Margot - I just had to get this in--try soy beans for that hot flash. I had some yesterday--they do keep things going regularly--but haven't had a hot flash since. Could be helped by the fact that it is 30 degrees cooler too, huh?

Slavika - that grandson of yours, what do you think he will grow up to be? The arranger? arranger? scheduler? He is so methodical about everything! So cute with his "weighty" dilemmas!

Silvergal - I know people get tired of our whining from this part of the globe, but it has been hot and dry and looks like it will be into the future. We are the brownest little community you ever did see! Remember with Erica that Ann Landers or Erma Bombeck quote about how dumb my mom was when I was a kid and how much she learned by the time I was grown. Erica just has to learn--and she will. We all do eventually.

Glenda

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 09-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 09-18-2000).]
Old 09-15-2000, 11:43 PM   #35  
Fun Blonde

That last posting is embarrassing! Now, how do you edit? I am not the dummy I look like on this website, really.
Glenda
Old 09-16-2000, 01:56 AM   #36  
Net browser

GLENDA Until someone told me I didn't know how to EDIT either. This is what you do:

Click on the little "icon" above your posting that looks like a sheet of paper with a pencil. Correct your errors and then
just re-submit.

Ok gang please go to #69. See you there.
Closed Thread