Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2000, 07:49 AM   #16  

How are my buddies doing

Dianne, I'm from Long Island, NY. I have Waldbaums close by. I'll check it out this week. Thanks.

I did 30 minutes on my treadmill & light weights today. Tomorrow morning I'll do Taebo basic.

Terri, you're right about not constantly worrying about every pound, every second of the day. It'll make you nuts! I try my best & I take one day at a time. Now the exercise is very important to me. If I go 2 days without it I just don't feel right. I've always had high cholesterol so by exercising it keeps the good cholesterol high. My Dr. said mine is the highest she's ever seen.

Well everybody, have a great week-end
Old 09-09-2000, 01:55 PM   #17  

Dianne- I would love to try that ice cream!
sounds wonderful.

Livingfit- WOW! On the exercise. That is great! I haven't done a thing these past couple of days. I have had the worst cramps!
The worst ever. They should be gone just in time to start the new week. This is a lifetime thing so I'm not stressed about it. I feel my old habits are gone. Yrs. ago I would never start up for another 6 mos.
Now I will start tomorrow.
Have a great weekend.
Old 09-09-2000, 07:14 PM   #18  

Hello Ladies,

Just checking in before I start my day. It's going to be busy. Hubby's home today so I know he's going to suggest Chinese Buffet I will have to drink tons of water tomorrow to flush out the sodium.

Terri, sorry you're not feeling well

Have a great day
Old 09-09-2000, 08:03 PM   #19  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm back from my trip. It went real well, but the food was way too rich. I tried to limit portions, etc. but it was hard. But my weigh in wasn't too bad. Just gained .4. I guess I can live with that. I'm back on track now and hoping for a loss this week.

------------------
Myra
183/170.6/130
Old 09-10-2000, 03:35 AM   #20  

Hi again,

Myra, welcome back .4 gain is not bad at all. I'm sure you'll have a loss next week.

Well, didn't get to do my exercise this morning & I'm feeling pretty crummy about it. For some reason my left knee hurts. I've been limping all day. Hope it's gone by tomorrow. I went to the chinese buffet & I had mostly veggies & chicken. Now I'm craving for something sweet. I really wish I could get rid of these sweet cravings I get all the time.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 09-09-2000).]
Old 09-10-2000, 11:02 PM   #21  

Hi guys - well, had my weigh in this morning and I guess I did some good damage control with the walking and the water. I stayed the same, which is what I was hoping for. Now, I have to get serious and start going down. I rejoined 7 weeks ago, and I just down 7 lbs. -- not such a great job, especially since I lost 5.4 the first 2 weeks. Then went on vacation for 2 weeks and stayed the same. Then lost 1.4 after that. I'm hoping to have a better week this week.

Just came back from Waldbaums and found the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches for 2 pt. Will try one tonight and let you know. They come 6 in a package, 3 vanilla, 3 chocolate and look like flying saucers from carvel. I understand they have all kinds of flavors but that's all I saw in Waldbaums.

Myra, don't sweat a .4 gain -- you'll have that off in no time. I think you did really well on your trip.

Livingfit - hope your knee get better quickly so you can get back to your exercise.

Terry, hope your cramps are gone -- I know what that's like, YUK. Feel better and start your new week well.

Hi Pookemoon -- have a good week.

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you soon

Dianne
Old 09-10-2000, 11:07 PM   #22  

Whoops, sorry Jen, didn't mean to leave you out of my last posting. Still new and have been trying to remember everyone.

Hope you have a great week too. Take care.

Dianne
Old 09-11-2000, 04:26 AM   #23  

Myra- Don't sweat it. You are doing great!
Next week girlfriend! good luck!!!!!

Dianne- I think you are doing great. Staying the same while on vacation is a wonderful thing. Good luck!!!!!

Livingfit- Hope those sweet cravings have gone away! Those are hard. I keep 4 reese minis (4pts.) in my special basket and I record them 1st thing in the morning and I suck on them throughout the day. I also save a ff entemens cupcake (3 pts.) for after the kids go to bed. Something to look forward to. If I do not have a sweet tooth that night I skip it. I find myself eating 1 about 4 nights instead of 7.
Good luck this week!!!!!!

Jen and Pookemoon- How are y'all doing!? Good luck to you too!!!!
Old 09-11-2000, 08:11 PM   #24  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone!

Was very disappointed when I weighed in this morning.....a gain of 1 lb.

Last week was a good week for me...walked 3 days, and worked out the other 4 to toning/exercise tapes. Had my grandsons here from Thurs. to Sat....walked to the park each day. Did lots of housework, mowing the lawns, etc.

I feel great. More energetic, and stronger than I've felt in a while. I'm not going to let what the scale shows get me down.

I've never made a serious effort at exercising. When I lost 25 lbs. last year, my sole form of exercise was walking. So, since I've resumed walking, and added toning, I'm feeling positive that I'm headed in the right direction. It is gratifying to see that, while the scale is not "friendly" right now, my body is happier.

I hope everyone has a good week....

Jen

Old 09-11-2000, 10:43 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone:

Hope you're all doing well on the start of this new week. I'm good, starting off right this week and getting serious about losing. I know one of my big problems was that I had been eating that darn corn muffin at Au Bon Pain all last week (11 pts.!!!)instead of eating something sensible at home before work. So this morning I had 1 cup of raisin bran (2 pts.) with 1 cup 1% milk (2 pts.). 4pt. sure beats 12 (11 for the muffin & 1 pt. for the jam)! I'm going to do my best to stick to that breakfast routine, maybe have 2 Thomas' toaster corn cakes if I have the feeling for corn muffins. 12 pts. for breakfast is just way too much and I'm just sabatoging (sp?) myself for the rest of the day.

Terri - hope your'e doing well and your cramps are all gone. I tried the skinny cow ice creme sandwich last night - great, loved it. They're on the small side, but I found it to be filling. Expensive, though, I paid over $4 for 1 package of six. But really good and 2 pts. is great.

Jenny - Don't worry too much about the 1 lb. with all the exercise and running around, you should be able to knock that off quickly. It's great that you have such a positive attitude -- that goes a long way in this battle! Have a great day.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Talk to you soon.

Dianne
Old 09-12-2000, 03:38 PM   #26  

Hi everyone, I Thank You ALL for the birthday wishes, it was wonderful..... Now if I can just keep OP... I weighed myself at the meeting tonight and actually lost .2, wow I am the receptionist for our meeting and lifetime so I don't have an official weigh-in till next week, yyiippeee I may get by without paying if I keep up the exercise. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. Is everyone looking forward to fall? I live in Southern Arizona so I won't have a fall and probably not a winter either Have a great week and good luck ALL !!
Old 09-12-2000, 04:23 PM   #27  

Goodmorning, Terri, Dianne, Pookamoon, Jen, Myra,
Hope every body has a better start of the day than I'm having. I woke up in a bad mood just thinking about going to work. There's alot of unfairness going on with the head of the secretaries & it's starting to get to me. She's taking advantage of me & I never speak up. I'm a strong believer in prayer & that's what I'll do before I leave this morning. Thanks for letting me vent

Dianee, gotta be careful with those muffins. I useto buy the FF & they were huge. I couldn't just eat half cause they were sooooo good so I just don't buy them anymore.

Terri, thanks for the tip on the reeses. I'll have to try that. I haven't weighed myself yet cause I'm going to the Friday meeting. Anyway, if I weigh myself at home & see that I'm up it'll add more stress to my day

Jen, I know we get disappointed when we don't see a loss but you're doing great with your exercise so don't sweat it. That's all that muscle you have now

Pookamoon, I love the fall. Haven't felt it yet & I hope it comes soon. It's very humid today which means bad hair day for me.
.2 is good. It's a loss right? I would love to be a receptionist at WW. It would keep me on the right track.

Gotta go. Have to get ready for work

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-12-2000, 05:56 PM   #28  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Good morning everyone!

Would you believe there is a box of Cinnabons on my kitchen table as I write this? My 21 yr. old son stopped at the mall yesterday after work, and decided to treat his dad and I......I haven't even looked up the points yet. It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Elaine has to decide if her date is "sponge-worthy". I'm becoming very stingy when it comes to using those points!

Dianne, you are so right about eliminating the high point corn muffins. A bowl of cereal and some fruit gives me a better start in the morning anyhow. Good choice! That's a step in the right direction.

Pookamoon, we've toyed with the idea of moving to Arizona when we retire, but I don't think I would be happy with no change of seasons. I am definitely looking forward to autumn, my favorite time of year. And, of course, what would Christmas be without snow! You're doing great, a loss even tho you partied for your bday. No doubt next weigh in will be free for you. Good going!

Livingfit...hang in there at work. What is important is how you handle the aggravation, of course we're here for you to vent.

Myra, Harley, how are you? How was the wedding, Harley?

Take care everyone. Have a great day!
Jen

Old 09-12-2000, 10:26 PM   #29  

Jen- Great attitude! It will come off. Keep up the exercising. I'd eat one cinnabon if it was no more than 3 pts. I have a snack rule: If it is little and more than 3 it isn't worth it. They sure do sound yummy! That is willpower.

Dianne- $4.00 is worth it if they are that good . I can't believe that there are muffins out there for that many points. Good job on your choices.

Pookamoon- Love that name. That is great! I would like to be receptionist. I'm also a lifetimer. Good Luck and keep it up.

Livingfit- Vent anytime! Good luck on the weigh-in. Hope your day got a lot better!

Terri
Old 09-13-2000, 03:13 AM   #30  

Hi everyone:

Pookamon - congrats on your .2 loss -- every little bit counts! I'm looking forward to fall as well, although NY has'nt had a really hot summer this year.

LivingFit - sorry to hear about the stressful day you're having -- hope it got better since this morning. You can vent anytime!

Jenny - YIKES! Cinnabons -- that could be tempting. How many points for one of those -- I have no idea. That was sweet of your son, though.

Terri - I've been thinking about your ff cupcakes for 3 pts. I used to eat the hostess cupcakes before and I loved them.
Are yours similar to those, chocolate with cream in the middle? And did you say they were by Entemanns? I'd like to give them a try.

I'm doing pretty good - had 3 l/2 pts. left over yesterday and today for dinner and snacks I have about 13 pts. left. Gettting rid of that 12 pt. corn muffin makes a really big difference! I'm going walking in the park tonight, looking forward to that. Hope I can keep motivated for the week. I would really like to post a loss, even a small one for this Sunday.

Well, gotta go for now, have a great day everyone. Talk to you soon.

Dianne
Closed Thread