Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2000, 05:19 AM   #1  
Net browser

SCHOOLGIRL WELCOME You really are making some changes, weight loss, new hair style, school. Good for you. What weight loss program are you following and how are you doing on it? Is it a computer course that you are going to take? I would also like to take some computer courses but I'm not looking for a job. I would just like to be more knowledgeable on my home computer. With the help of my son and friends I'm picking up stuff here and there, every little bit helps.
DOXIE Congrats on the 31st Anniversary.
I'm going to babysit for awhile early this evening but I'll come back see you all later.
Old 09-01-2000, 07:30 AM   #2  

Welcome Schoolgirl, it's kind of fun to get out of our old rut and make some life changes isn't it?

Doxie, happy anniversary!

I'm getting back in my routine now after my "truck driving vacation". To those that mentioned it, yes it is hard! Especially for mechanically challenged people like me who had rarely ever looked under the hood of a car, much less an 18 wheeler. I went to truck driving school in Phoenix, AZ for 3 weeks when I was 56 and the only female in the class. I went up to Troutdale, Or for another 3 weeks and finally got my license. DH and I drove together as a team until last year when mom had her stroke, then I "retired" to take care of her. It is kind fun to go out every now and then though.

OK girls, I need to get back OP. I have not had a very good summer, so I think the Fall recharge thing is a great idea. I'm setting a Thanksgiving goal of 12 lbs. Anyone want to join me?

[This message has been edited by Silvergal (edited 08-31-2000).]
Old 09-01-2000, 07:41 AM   #3  
donna p

Wow two new ladies... Welcome Countrygal and Schoolgirl. I'm glad you are joining us. You'll find lots of support here and along with that a great group of ladies. We are all working hard to lose weight and as you know it is a real hard task.
I was in work all day and now I have Taylor and Jordan for a couple of hours while Colleen and Carl go out for a dinner. Their one year anniversary was tuesday and I was going to babysit then but Taylor got sick so they changed their night out to tonight. Having two little ones here takes me back to when mine were little. What fun. We have a long weekend this weekend. Does everyone else? Lots of out of town company coming by during the weekend and at least a few meals that will be a problem. One of them will be dim sum for sunday brunch. I love dim sum. Tuesday everything will be back to normal and hopefully I will find it easier to keep op.
I have missed replying to so many posts this last week but I read them all and Trudy I couldn't find the right chex cereal here either. I looked everywhere. I think this is a US offer only.
I will check in over the next few days but should be back with all of you full time come tuesday. Hi to all of you....later....

------------------
((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......

Old 09-01-2000, 07:57 AM   #4  

108 today at the airport. It was 110 in the part of Ft.Worth I was in. My car has a thermometer that measures the outside air. Don't you all envy Silvergal and me? They say to expect more of the same over the weekend. Still no rain in site. We are setting record after record now.

Welcome Countrygal & Schoolgirl We are glad to have you. Will check out your bio and learn more about you. You are at the right place to for support and fellowship. We tend to be a friendly bunch.

Welcome home, Silvergal. Didn't you just love Sweetwater? So much to see & do Have you heard any more about Erica?

Slavika,Sorry I wasn't here in time to send my best to the Princess & your DH. Sounds like the birthday dinner was great.

Happy anniversary Doxie. I hope it was a great day for y'all.

It will be another busy weekend. I pick up the boys tomorrow afternoon and will have them till Monday night. Karen had to start back to the office full time today. So my time on the net will be even more limited. I hope I can keep up.

[This message has been edited by Geri (edited 09-01-2000).]
Old 09-01-2000, 10:51 AM   #5  

Hi! It's great to hear from all of you!! Hi Donnap, and Geri. I haven't talked to either of you before. I hope you can all help me to get op and stay op. I think my weekend is going to include a lot of eating out. I am thinking I might just as well wait to really hit it hard after Labor Day. Is that just another excuse?? I hope not. I need to get 15lbs.off by Oct. 7th. Do you think I can do it. I am trying to walk every day, so I hope that helps. We are having a really hot serge here in Iowa also. Hi to Schoolgirl also. Hope to hear from all of you soon. I just think you all are the nicest folks around!!! Have a great weekend, everyone!! Countrygal!
Old 09-01-2000, 12:29 PM   #6  

I'm back from vacation though don't go back to the funny farm until next Thursday. It may take me that long to recover. First of all, ate fried mushrooms one day and it took 2 days for my body to forgive me. Then came back with either sinus or a summer cold.

My sweetie lives in Colorado and believes the room should be as cold as possible. He claims that was his way to get me close but he wouldn't have had to go to that extreme.

Will go back over the weekend and read all your posting and respond individually but for now, need to crawl in bed. Hey, it's not eskimo weather here!

Later everyone.
Dee

Old 09-01-2000, 12:57 PM   #7  

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome, it sure make a body feel good.

Slavika- I'm doing the WW123 for now, have though about R/S MGL, but not sure, any one have any input. As for school I'll be going for a year. I use to be a bookkeeper, but it been over 12 years since I've work and my skill are way down and I know next to nothing about computer so I will be taking 7 computer course also.

My son call tonight My poor grandbaby has to go to the hospital to morrow and have a hernia remover. He's only 7 months old, my son and DIL are pretty upset, wish I could be there , but they are in Calif. and I'm in Texas.

I hope everyone had a good day today and has an even better one tomorrow.

Again thanks for the welcome.
Schoolgirl
Old 09-01-2000, 05:08 PM   #8  

Countrygal I can tell you this if you want to get those 15 pounds off there is no time like the present. I suggest to you that if you are doing WW program that you even if you go over points this weekend you should still keep track. Being aware is one of the most important thing to learn in weight loss. So journal, Drink your water and walk and the weekend won't be so bad.

Karen
Old 09-01-2000, 09:32 PM   #9  

Schoolgirl - I have both the WW 123 & RS/MG&L. I found that the RS is good for the exercise part, but a little difficult to follow food-wise. It's based on the food groups and the "calculator" is an easy way to keep track of the food groups and water (you close a window when you eat something). BUT, if you eat combination foods, convenience foods, fast foods, it's hard to calculate. The RS info is mainly for your basics. It is a good exercise workout and that is what I use it for.
For an eating program that is workable and liveable for the long term WW 123 is the answer! I've lost 16.6 lbs since July 10th and I'm down a size. Even my husband has noticed that my choices have gotten better.
Donna - it sounds like you're having fun with the grandkids. They sure are cuties
Silvergal - Glad you survived your trucking days. Your Thankgiving goal is doable. Think I'll join you.
Dee - Come to Iowa. You'll roast. It was 100 yesterday.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 09-01-2000, 11:07 PM   #10  
donna p

Mornin' all. We are back to our usual BC weather - cool and drizzley but even at that it sounds better than the extreme heat some of you gals are experiencing. I just coouldn't stand it. At least this weather makes me want to go on my treadmill and also do more housework so that is my day's plan.
Ok I know RS must be Richard Simmons but what about MGL?? I think of all the plans WW is the best for long term management. the 123 programme is easy but the exchange programme also works well and is easy enough to live with - just more restricting but very healthy. The key is water, water water then journaling and exercising (even mderately).
It's scary when the wee ones go into hospital isn't Schoolgirl. I'm sure he'll be fine and much more comfortable after this is done. It's especially hard now days with families sometimes so far apart.
Doxie - good weight loss. go girl go. I have lost 36lbs since Feb. when I started but this summer I haven't done too much but I am very inspired when I hear that others of you are doing so well...so move over - I'm back on board. Whatever I lose is a bonus to what I was a year ago.
Dee I love friend mushrooms!
Geri do you babysit regularly when Karen works - that is a busy schedule!
Now that fall is here I can't wait to start sewing again. I am going to make some clothes for the cruise and a couple of thanksgiving type tableclothes.
Lily you must be getting excited about Maui. You go soon don't you?
And welcome home Silvergal. Yes have you heard from Erica?
Will check in later...have a good OP day everyone and drink lots of water especially you gals that are having the hot spells...later..

------------------
((((hugs to all)))) donna...

15.8+2= 17.8 #'s to go......

Old 09-02-2000, 02:22 AM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Silvergal: Im in on the thanksgiving goal. Im just gonna say I will lose what I can at this point. But these things always keep me motivated. Have you heard anything about Errica yet?

Donna: Yep we have a long weekend to. We are gonna go to San Francisco one of the days but not sure which. Love the city! Yep I am getting excited. 2 more weeks and Im gone!

Geri: Dont envy you in that heat! Its cloudy here and suppose to be that way all weekend. Alas...

Dee: Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great Vacation. No fun coming home sick tho.

Schoolgirl: Sorry to hear about your grandbaby. So young to go thru that already. Have to agree with the Others WW is the best and most doable as far as food choices.

Old 09-02-2000, 04:17 AM   #12  
Fun Blonde

Girls, I think we sound like we are going to get it on! Everyone seems so positive and upbeat about getting on track and getting weight off! Yea, for us!

(b)Schoolgirl(b) - I so admire anyone who is making big lifestyle changes. Your going back to school and updating your skills will change your life so much! How exciting! And don't worry about your little one--they are pretty tough! We are the ones who are babies when these things happen to our babies.

(b)Doxie(b)- 31 years is a long time. I have a friend who was in the hospital having her baby on her first anniversary too. Every anniversary-birthday should be quite a glorious celebration since the first one didn't include candlelight and wine.

Here in OK we are breaking records left and right, but not exactly the records I wish we were breaking. We had NO RAIN the whole month of August and more triple digit temperatures than the previous record in 1936. Everything is so dry and brown and people are having anxiety attacks. Two custodians in our building had a fist fight the other day. We want to do things outside, but it is just too hot!

(b)Dee(b) - Sorry you came back sick but you got cooled off (or was that "heated up") and you have until Thursday before the grind.

Everyone, have a great holiday! Stay cool, drink water, and let's make good choices. One good tip is to wear something that is kind of snug, so you would be too uncomfortable to overeat.
Glenda
Old 09-02-2000, 05:05 AM   #13  
Fun Blonde

[b]Lily[b/] I told you I was a barbarian. Can't even follow the simplest directions. Testing to see if I did it right this time.
Glenda
Old 09-02-2000, 05:07 AM   #14  
Fun Blonde

Going to do this until I do it right.
Glenda
Old 09-02-2000, 05:48 AM   #15  
Net browser

GLENDA Ok girl since I am very new at computers I know how difficult some of things are until you learn to do them...then they are a piece of cake. So to bold..do this.
put the bracket then a small b then a bracket
[ use this bracket and don't put any spaces inbetween the bracket and the b and the next bracket.
OK...now type whatever you want (to be bold)
say, GLENDA after that put the bracket then this slash / then the b then the bracket. SO again:

bracket b bracket GLENDA bracket slash b bracket Now you try. I'm waiting. LOL
Slavika

Geez Schoolgirl I made a mistake on top part if you were looking at it. Its ok now. Please try again.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 09-01-2000).]
Closed Thread