Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2000, 10:40 PM   #31  

Jenny - thanks so much for the welcome, I really appreciate it. Sounds like fun at your house this weekend. My husband and I have "yours, mine and ours" children (7) and grandchildren (12). Second marriage, 21 years. So, you can imagine our house on Xmas Eve! I too, love every minute of it, but I'm also glad to say goodnight when they all troop home with their parents!

The only exercise I do is walking and I love it. I'm near a park by the water and its so pretty and peaceful. I can walk around for 45 mins to a hour and not realize the time has flown.

Thanks again, talk to you soon.

Want to wish everyone good luck in your losing this weekend.

Dianne

Old 09-04-2000, 02:54 AM   #32  

Dianne, I'm so sorry for not welcoming you to our group I got so involved with Myra with where I'm from. As you can see she useto live in the same town. Small world isn't it? Anyway, welcome! It must be so nice to walk by the water. I enjoy walking but lately I've been exercsing indoors because it's been very humid here in Long Island.

Jen, it sounds like you're weekend has been very busy. I can't wait to become a grandmother. I'm 46 yrs old with a 29 yr old son whose not looking to get married any time soon but I enjoy my nieces & nephews. The youngest are 2 yr old twins boys. They are sooooo cute. They do keep us young don't they?

Beth, how are you doing with the journaling & counting points? We have to be very careful in falling back into bad habits. Once I stop journaling I start going over a little here a little there & so do the pounds. I was suppose to rejoin Friday but never made it so I'm going tomorrow morning. Because of the holiday they're only having one meeting. I hope they don't do what they did last year. They only had 3 people & they called off the meeting. I was so upset!!! When I went the following week the leader that was in that day said they weren't suppose to do that. It doesn't matter if there is only one person, they're still suppose to have the meeting. Oh well, I'll see. I just may go to a different center.

Terri, I hope you're enjoying the long weekend

Happy Labor Day everyone

Old 09-04-2000, 02:58 AM   #33  

Please excuse the typos I just read my reply & noticed a couple of misspelled words.
Old 09-04-2000, 06:17 PM   #34  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

The next few days are going to be challenging ones. I'm going on a business trip to Chicago. The change will be fun but I will have very little control over my eating. I am going to a conference where they plop food in front of you and you have no choice what to eat and most of it is the richest food you ever saw in your life. Thank God it is just two days. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back Thursday.

I hope everyone had a good holiday!

------------------
Myra
183/170.6/130
Old 09-05-2000, 07:59 AM   #35  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, you're going to be in my neck of the woods when you come to Chicago. I grew up on the nw side of the city, not far from O'Hare airport. Welcome, and have fun!

Today was weigh in for me, and I stayed the same, at 218. I was not surprised, but I am disappointed in myself. I know I can do better. I worked hard every day at being OP from morning till late afternoon, then I struggled. This week (besides getting in more water!) I've got to concentrate on keeping busy at that tempting time of day. No snacks! And no desserts after dinner.

Here's to a fresh start on Tuesday, the first day of the holiday week. Good luck!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 09-04-2000).]
Old 09-05-2000, 01:02 PM   #36  

Welcome Pookamoon and Happy Birthday!
Welcome Decemberdianne. I hope the 2 of you will stay with us and help us along. Decemberdianne- Congrats for only gaining half. Most gain all + more. I'm raising my hand. I'm a lifer from 1985. It has finally clicked. I hope it stays that way.

Myra- Be careful and have fun! You can do this!

Good luck on the fresh start Jen.

Well my dear husband got me 2 nights at the Candlewood Suites for some R&R. It was Heaven! I missed the kids though. He does this for me every year around mother's Day but this year he broke his leg in 3 places right before Mother's Day! This summer has been stressful. I needed that time. He has gotten to go on Business Trips (he has to work, I know, but there are still no kids around) I needed some time.
I gained 1 pound this past 2 weeks. We went to 16 restaurants while my parents were here. I was never so happy to see a gain of only 1 pound. We ate out every day twice a day. Started fresh too this week.
Terri
Old 09-05-2000, 01:05 PM   #37  

I'm starting a new thread. look for #20.
Terri
Old 09-06-2000, 04:20 AM   #38  

Livingfit, no problem and thanks for the welcome. Yes, it is a small world. I'm not too far from you. I live in Queens, New York. Actually Howard Beach. Do you know where that is? It has been a bit humid here too, but last night and today, it's like 57 degrees. Fall has arrived early. I love it!

Myra, Good luck with your Chicago trip. Don't worry too much, just get back on track when you return. You'll be fine.

Hi Jen - hope your weekend with the grandkids went well. Talk to you soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Dianne
Old 09-06-2000, 04:25 AM   #39  

Terri -- please forgive me for not responding to your welcome message. I'm new at this posting business and I didn't even see the second page. Anyway, thanks. And congratulations to you for only gaining 1 lb after all those restaurant meals - good job.
Talk to you soon. Have a great day.

Dianne
Closed Thread