Feisty & Sexy 50 and 60's #64

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hi Countrygal..Welcome to the board, you will get tons of support from these gals, they are the greatest. Everyone of us suffers from momentary loss of motivation from time to time, but we don't give up. Try the WW 123 program and just take it one day at a time, you will be pleased with the result.
  • Hello Everyone,
    First of all Geri Do not feel guilty! I brought those goals up to keep my focus up too! Remember I have 100 more to go and will hit more rough spots along the way. When I do I want all of your support! You are not hiding or running away - you are working through whatever you need to do one step at a time. The author of "No Excuses" talks about baby steps. That's all we need to do - those tiny steps add up. I am so motivated by gAnne who puts her struggle out there and keeps on. We are all strong women and one day we will all be slim & strong (and sexy & feisty) women. OK I'm done...

Welcome Countrygal You will find lots of support here. This is a great group of women. Do take time to fill out a bio & read ours so we can get better acquainted. I absolutely agree with Trudy one step at a time.

Margot

------------------

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels
  • Hi Everybody: GERI that is just too hot. I think I will quit complaining about our mosquitoes...you guys have it far rougher then us. I guess everybody has air-conditioning in your part of the country. Do they ration your water..like for watering gardens and lawns? ?
    LILY I went to WW today and I lost 1# so that was nice. We had so much fun at the meeting today. One of the gals mentioned her and her husband had gone camping and broke their tent pole. She said she decided to check the web and just see how much it would cost to replace it, since they had no idea. Well when she searched for tent poles she didn't get what she expected...in fact her face turned all red just telling the story.. . and NO YOU GUYS
    I DID NOT TAKE A PEEK. LOL.
    I had the girls over for tea after WW and one of my friends brought over this wonderful bread she makes, that is so good with cream cheese and homemade jam. My grandson came over on his bike after tea for a visit and had supper with us, then DH rode his bike back with him. Tomorrow I am having a birthday dinner for DH and "The Princess" who will be 5 yrs old tomorrow. Both my grandbabies start school tomorrow. The little girl will be in kindergarten, the boy in GR. 2. DH birthday is on the 31st, day after hers. Ok everybody have a great day tomorrow, talk to then. Night.

COUNTRYGAL just saw your post, welcome. I am happy to "see" you here. Drop in as often as you like. I'll talk to you tomorrow and have a great OP (on program) day tomorrow. Slavika.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 08-29-2000).]
  • HI! It's me again. Someone said to fill out a bio, and just where do I do that? It's so nice to hear from you all. I love it!! If you would be so kind as to help me out on the bio part, I would be happy to do so. Thanks, Countrygal!!
  • COUNTRYGAL The BIO Page is right under the posting you did to "Vicki 2". Do you know how to "copy & paste". If not I will leave that to Lily to explain she is our resident computer wiz, or you can just type out the the info. All I did was printed someones page to have a sample copy, and typed out the whole thing like you type on all these boards. You may have more computer skills then I had back then, LOL, I had none and now I have a little bit more then none.
  • Good Morning everyone,

I don't usually have a chance to write on a Wednesday morning. Today I've taken the day off from working any where. I'm just sick of working is all I can figure. Yesterday I was on my way to a meeting after working at the hospital all day when I started getting pains in my upper chest and shoulder area. Probably gas as I had just had a WW 2 point bar and a glass of milk. Thinking thats what it was I stopped at a little store and bought some Gas-X took it and went on about my way still in pain. Well then I began getting sick to my stomach. Then I had to turn around and head back for home. Had to make a stop at a gas station then I felt a little better but still kind of yukky and the pain was still there somewhat. So got on the cel-phone and called my DIL and told here I didn't feel well and where I was and to watch for me to come home. "She said 10 minute and your not here I'm comiing to find you." Long story short I made it home no problem. But sure felt bad for a while longer. There was no way I gould get a hold of the Leader to let here know that I couldn't make and she of course was worried and was think the worst. I knew there was another receptionist there and between the two of them they could handle it. But I am the one who is used to doing the bookkeeping and deposit. I did talk to her later last night so she could quit worrying about me. Still not sure what the problem was other than I've really been worried about what I should do with that hospital job. I'm really tired of being so short on help and having to do the work of two. So since Monday I've been tossing around the idea of giving it up and just doing WW 3 days a week or more. :confused: Talked to Hubby and he said "do what you want you know I'll be behind you 100% no matter what you decide." We've mostly talked by phone as he has had to go on nights and with me working days we don't see much of each other. So plan to have a real face to face with him this morning. I think It would be a good thing to just have the one job and working for WW is not as back breaking as the Hospital. I've been there 7 years and I think that is 7 years too long. I'll let you guys know what I decide. I'm going to do that today for sure I'm tired of always thinking about it. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Countrygal welcome to our group. we all have our struggles with weight issues and this is a great place to unload your problems or share you happy times too we discuss most any thing and every thing here. Read your Bio and you surely do fit in here .

slavika ** Happy dance for your 1 pound. Good Job!! Some time the dicussions at the meetings really go wild right.

Karen

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 08-30-2000).]
  • Geri: That blessing was great. It did bring a tear to my eye.

Donna: The shower sounded fun! Sounds like Colleen got some goodusuable stuff! That always helps.

Welcome Country Gal! You will find alot of support here.

Slavika: I chnaged the chart but you better check to make sure its correct.
    Congrats on the loss!!!!! Yep you gotta be careful what you search for.

Karen: I wonder what was wrong? Sounds like you are doing better now. You are one busy person and it is probably time to slow down. If I could do something like what you are thinking I would do it in a Heartbeat. Lets us know!

Hi to everybody else!
  • Hi, all. So many people to address, but the intriguing one is, Slavika, how can "tent poles" have an embarrassing, I assume lewd connotation? I can guess, but, isn't that a bit of a stretch? No pun intended.

Karen, it sounded as though you have made up your mind about that hospital job. If your DH is that agreeable and you really like WW more, why not go for it? It almost sounded like an anxiety attack or some such thing. Are you all right now?

I have been almost sick lately with a heat-induced headache. I have to stop walking until the weather cools off. I have been walking at 9 o'clock in the dark, but it is still 93 degrees hot! We have had rain since you North Texans but here in OK it is getting pretty bleak. You just don't see pretty yards and flowers anymore and people are so grumpy. Cannot wait until it cools off.

Countrygal, so happy to meet you. Hope to see a lot of you.

Trudy, don't you think that maintenance is awfully hard, especially during an unstructured summer? Just bite the bullet in September and I am sure you will get back soon, very soon.

I just got a list of women's bumper stickers. The one that spoke to me is this one--If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't goin'.

Lily, and all, how do you bold your messages?
    Glenda
  • Hi Gals,
    I hadn't posted in about 3 or 4 days. It's so hard to catch up and reply to everything when you miss a few days. First thing, let me welcome you, Countrygal. I noticed you and Slavika "talking" on another thread. I think Slavika can be designated our official recruiter, don't you all think so? Good job, Slavika!
    Anyway, Countrygal, yes, you qualify to be among us Feisty and Sexy gals. You will surely love it here! We've gotten to be really good cyber friends. May I encourage you to stick with the 123 program. I became a lifetime WW member in '86 on the old program. This is soooo much better and less depriving. Anything goes, as long as you account for it. DH came home the other day with restaurant leftovers of fried catfish fillet and a hush puppy. I ate and enjoyed it and counted the points for that pleasure. End of day I was still within my allowed points.
    Slavika: Happy Birthday to "the Princess" and your DH. Y'all sure are having event-filled days this week. Both of the babies in school -- oh, how I remember those milestone days. Makes me want to cry reminiscing about my babies going off for their first day of school. Last week my "baby" went to her first day of college!
    Cal: Thanks for reminding me of the October goals. Looking back, I've done pretty good. Lost 6 of the 10 so far, going to meetings every other week to stay accountable, and the exercise -- well, I need to work on that. Been a bit lazy about walking in this heat!
    The encouragement I will offer those struggling right now is this -- the meetings are important if you are serious about getting to goal. You all know how I tried to do this on my own for so long. Well, it wasn't until I committed to attend the meetings and get the "official" weight-in, that I seem to be able to stay committed. Just wanted to add my personal experience in successfully staying on program. Like Cal said, though, we all reach some rough spots and need whatever help we can get to get back on track. (I'm sure I'll need to come read my own words one day.)
    Geri: We're setting heat records here in S. La. also. It's been 98 and 99 degrees all week, with no rain in sight either.
    Karen: How are you feeling, physically, today? Has the pain left? If it is stress-induced, it is probably is time for a change. Too much stress just isn't worth it at our age -- that's what I say, anyway!! Sometimes things must be reevaluated and changes made. Sounds like you have direction and a plan. You seem to enjoy your WW job. It sounds rewarding and fun! Keep us posted!
    Going to look up Countrygal's bio now.

Later,
    Josie
  • Hi everyone! I'm back. What a week I've had. I had to learn to drive that big rig all over again, but it was fun to get away. Except that we broke down on Sunday afternoon near Geri's old home town of Sweetwater, TX. We sat in the 103 degree heat on the side of the highway for 4 hours waiting for a tow truck to come rescue us. Had a nice night in a motel in Abilene, then back on the road. Just typical things "on the road". My mom was sick the whole time we were gone, I think most of it was just that I was gone. She is so dependent on me, but my daughter did a good job of caring for her.

Slavika, you are just too funny! I can just imagine what your friend came up with searching for the tent pole. I've had some of those experiences myself.

Countrygal, a big welcome to you. You have picked a great group of supportive cyberfriends. None better anywhere.

Cal, 75 # gone! Wow! You are such an inspiration. Good going girl!!

Karen, sounds something like a panic attack to me. Have you made your decision yet?

I guess you can imagine what I've been eating lately. Truck stop food. I've tried to make wise choices, but sometimes they just aren't there. Back to the gym tomorrow to see my "John Travolta look alike trainer".

• Hi everyone! Welcome Countygal, I'm sure you will just love this group of friends, I know I do. If you have time to read some of the posts from August you should, they really give you a sence of what these gals are really like.
    Linda
  • Well I said I'd be back to let you know what I decided to do. Who who ever said : " It sounds like you've already made the decision." was right I went with my gut and handed over my resignation form this afternoon. Had to give a 3 weeks notice so I could collect my FTO benefits.(vacation) So now that is done I can get on with my life and get healthy again. I'm sure the attack I had was just from being over tired. After a good nights sleep I felt way better. I've basically been working for 9 days straight no one can keep that up unless your twenty something maybe even thirty something. Have a meeting with one of the human resourse people in the morning to answer a few question about how I want my benefits paid . Thats easy cash!

I enjoyed my day off got some things done and even got to go for a walk with DIL and grandkids. I pushed the stroller( weight bearing exercise.) Worked up a good sweat those two weigh 60 pounds together and that stroller must weigh at least 25#. It really felt good!! Been in control all day does a body good to finally let go of somthing that bothers them.

Karen

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 08-30-2000).]
  • KAREN good for you, I bet you feel much better now that your decision has been made. Take care of yourself. Hi LINDA nice seeing you, isn't your Hawaiian name pretty? JOSIE thank you for the birthday wishes for "the Princess" and DH, my birthday dinner went well. I made steamed mussels as an appetizer with garlic buns. For the main course we had rib eye steaks, scalloped potatoes, and nice garden fresh cut up tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. For the little one I got a real fancy birthday cake with lots of icing and stuff but for DH (and the rest of us BIG people) I got those individual slices of really nice cheesecake. Two slices of "Kaluha and two slices of Turtle Chocolate" and the four of us shared. GLENDA I can't go looking for tent poles since I already told DH the story so you go and then report back and let us know what you saw. LOL LOL . Well I guess we've all seen "IT", but you know what I mean. LILY I checked the Weight Chart, and yes its fine, thank you so much.
    SILVERGAL I can't even imagine driving a big truck, but I'm glad you enjoyed the change in routine. Well its been a very long day for me but before I go, Hi TRUDY I hope you had a good day. COUNTRYGAL how did your day go? I hope you had a good one too. Night all.
  • Glenda: to Bold you need to put in [ b ] Something here and then [ /b ] when you want the bold to end. Need to take out the spaces between the brackets HAd to add them in so it would not bold. Hope that helps! This might help to by going to this URL: http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//ubbcode.html

You can also get to the above link when replying there are two links on the side One says UBB Code on and it is the same as above. And then there is the smile legend to there.

Joise: Boy thats what it usually is here heat wise. But the last two days it has been only 65 and today I think might of gotten up to 70 Strange weather for here. But it has been nice. Just sprinkled alittle bit to.

Slivergal: Good to see you back! Come get me before you go to the gym ok? I will be waiting!

Linda: Now dont scare Countrygal off!
    She is right tho we talk about just anything and everything! Great bunch of gals!

Karen: Whoo HOO!!!!!!!!!! Im so glad you made that decision! I knew you would. You sounded pretty much like thats was it. You might as well do something you love. And working like you have you deserve it!

Slavika: Sounds like the party went off well! Say happy Birthday to DH and the Princess!
    Oh sure send someone else off to look for Tent Poles. You made me LOL
    I think I have seen it all. You can put something real innocent in those search engines and come up with a lot you werent expecting to see!

Night all!

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 08-30-2000).]
  • Karen: Glad to hear this wasn't a long, drawn out decision (or maybe it has been). I'll bet you feel like a load is lifted after giving your notice. Hope the next three weeks go very fast for you. I'll excited for you to hopefully be able to "get a life," as they say.
    Slavika: That b'day dinner sounds much better than what I had tonight. Would love to have been there!
    Cal: WOW! What a terrific feeling it must be to know you've lost 75 pounds. I met a gal at the meeting last week who has lost 100# in 2 years. She had some "before" pics with her -- it was unbelieveable!! She looks great! That is such an accomplishment. We are truly proud of all you have accomplished!
    Silvergal: Glad you had a little get-away with DH, but sorry about the break down. One of those trials to endure, huh? Hope things are settling down at home for all of you. Bet Mom was glad to see you!

Tomorrow the tree surgeon comes to cut down the big oak tree in my back yard that's causing foundation problems with the house. Guess I'd rather have my house in tact rather than have shade!
    Wishing blessings to all and good night,
    Josie