Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 12:35 AM   #16  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Well, I have still have not had a muffin. I think that is so great of me. And now i feel so sick that I don't even think I want one. I hate colds!

Brenda: You are so brave to ahve Girl Scout Cookies around. I think I would have to donate them to a food bank as I can not have them in my house, office, or general living area. Good luck. You are right about the munchies. Very hard to overcome. I once read that a pickle was a good thing to use to overcome the munchies. The article said that they have so much flavor that it would hit the taste buds and stop the cravings. I don't know if it works, but you could try. Be strong.

Kay: men can really be pigs sometime (sorry Jason) but I just don't think that they think sometimes. Good for you for telling them what is what! Oh, your lunch sounds yummy. How many points in the Quizno sandwich. I have never been there, but work right next to one.

Ok, I need to get back to work and not procrastinate anymore.
Trish
Old 03-02-2001, 12:41 AM   #17  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone!
Brenda: I did that with my Thin Mints. They went to work with Brett. The lemon pastry cremes stayed with me, though. YUMMY! I'm ready for lunch now but there is a line at the microwave.
Debbie: I've never heard someone from NY say "Yee Doggies" I though only us cowboys said that!
Kay: You are so close to goal!! That is awesome! I'm setting my goal next Tuesday. I have about 23 pounds to go.
My tummy is growling so loud, I'd better go cut in line and feed it!
Have a great day!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/182.7/160
Old 03-02-2001, 12:49 AM   #18  
Eve's Mom

All this talk of Girl Guide cookies and muffins and Lays....OH MY GOD I am hungry now!! Lucky its lunch in about 20 min, but now I don't know what on earth I am going to get to satisfy that urge...!!!!

I had a healthy cin bun alternative today and it was GOOD! Seeds and whole wheat flour, a bit of sweet, it sounds gross, but it was good - and it was about 3 pts, so not too bad - god bless FIBER!!

I just had a little review and I got the thumbs up - I guess this new job is working out.

Bren - thanks for your support - I am sort of suprised at myself for being so, well, Belle. I guess I don'tknow what is to come, but you are right, if I just keep focusing on me and don't lose sight of what I have got going for me and what I can control, then things will fall into place sooner or later.

I am doing so well this week, I am actually looking forward to WI!

I LOVE DURAN DURAN! No word of them coming up in Calgary here....(jealous...) I used to lust after simon lebon!

hey, there are lots of Canucks here now - Ali, Steph, Kay, Me.....who else?

I cna't get BNL song "what a good boy" out of my head....SIGH!!

Trish - I laughed when I read that about Tom Jones - I think he is halarious and there is NOTHING attractive about him - I'd love to see him in concert, he'd be great - but no, not a sexy guy in my opinion....too funny your b/f thinks so! Teee heee

Ali -STEVE PAGE! THat's his name....that was bugging me.

Debbie - I sort of get obsessed AFTER too, like them going in, love them going out....that's a good sign. Chantel Kreviakzuk was really good as an opening act - I might buy her CD!

Kay - Men...they can be a bunch of losers. I pity you really....though I just came from a shelter with all women and I was YEARNING for men...chicks with attitudes can be most annoying.....

Well, I better sign off....Grace, come post on this thread!

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6
next 10% 199
Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 170-175
final goal 165
Old 03-02-2001, 02:15 AM   #19  
Shopper Extraordinaire

O.k. so I just posted and I was telling you about a trip I was taking but didn't say where! Grand Cayman!
O.k . I am a Main Thread Virgin so bear with me! Here goes!
Brenda-Happy B-day!! Any big plans?

Trish-Good luck with the muffins! I know how it is my workplace sucks when it comes to food. I have gained 10pds. Since I started working here in June! They always have food for us. The good thing is that it is always in the kitchen so I avoid going in there at all costs! Avoidance in many aspects is the only thing that works for this sweets addict!

Lolly- What's this book everyone is talking about? Fill me in!

Debbie- O.k. I bought 4 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. Fortunately I live with my sister who is skinny and can eat whatever she wants. She has eaten some and my other roommate has eaten her share. This way I don't down a whole box. Which I am sure I could do. In fact I am getting a bit hungry now! I have done well today though so I don't want to blow it!

I will talk to everyone else later! I look forward to all of your support. I need it. I am currently 5pds from my heaviest weight and I am feeling Blah!
Becky (Grace, Grace)

------------------
Old 03-02-2001, 02:20 AM   #20  
Eve's Mom

Hi Becky! How are you doing? Have you joined WW or are you doing it from home? I remember you coming by earlier...did you post your bio? I haven't checked themout in a long time.

Anyway, you should tell us your story to get us all up to speed about where you are at, how you got there and where you wanna be...

When you have some time!!

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6
next 10% 199
Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 170-175
final goal 165
Old 03-02-2001, 02:34 AM   #21  
Believe it & Achieve it

Oh man....I am so glad that we don't have cute little GS knocking on our door. I am craving sweets though big time.

Been doing well I guess. I have been going over anywhere from 1-3 points per day and then excercising it off. I find 1-3 pts better than the average of 50 I was doing per day last week! Just lost motivation and PMS did not help my cause any.

These kids are driving me nuts! I need a break, naptime!!!! I think I am going to go make lowfat PB pie, only 2 pts per serving. Do you guys know of that recipe?? It's the latest thing flying around. LOL.

I'll chat with you all soon.

Emily
Old 03-02-2001, 02:40 AM   #22  

You guys are postin' fools today!!!

I am going to attempt to comment to everyone, here is goes.....

Lolly ~ Way to go on the check up! Look how far you have come, you go girl!!!!

Ali ~ I am so envious of your education goals. I am planning on starting my Master's program next spring, but it is difficult now with two little kids and a full time job, good luck!!

Hi Lola!!!

Trish ~ I love McD's, it is a hard place to turn down, oh well, move on....Stay away from the muffins!!!!!!!!!!

Kay ~ Try to get some work done....for once the weather is pretty decent here today, sunny and 30 degrees.

Brenda ~ Your DH sounds like mine, always loves the fattening stuff, and eats a ton of it! I would love to start Tae Bo, I just don't know if I am coordinated enough.

Belle ~ BNL sounds like a blast. I miss the concert days, I think the last one I was to was a Telsa concert (oh man, did I just date myself????) The BF situation sounds like a much needed improvement, I hope things continue to go well! You are handling things very maturely!!

Hi Stacey! Tell your boss to smoke more, so that you can be online more!!!

Debbie ~ I agree with you on the weather, when will the day come that we will see grass and flowers? We have had a crummy winter season here in Wisconsin. Your grilled tuna steak sounds wonderful. I just bought a big GF grill a couple weeks ago, I love it!!

Becky ~ Nice to meet you! Your trip sounds wonderful!

Oh man! I made it thru all the posts!!! Well, everyone is talking about singers and concerts, I must put in my .02 cents....Let me just simply say that Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 can sing to me anytime, in fact, he could sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb", and I would melt, I think he voice is so sexy....humm....as I am listening to them now!

Well, as for me, I haven't been too strict with myself eating wise this week, but have been walking an average of 5 miles a day plus working out on the weights 3 days this week. I am in the maintenance mode, so hopefully that will happen this week at WI.

No big plans for this weekend, my DH has been working 6 am to 6 pm all this week, plus has to work this weekend, so the kids and I will be hanging out again. I wish it would get warm enough to take them for a walk, they need the stink blown off of them!!!

Well, I better get back to work. I hope I didn't miss anyone, if so, sorry! I am sending a big "Hi" out to everyone that is lurking!

Later!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 03-02-2001, 02:58 AM   #23  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

I am back again, avoiding work and the %@#%&%## muffins. My hubby just called. He lost a big appeal on a BIG case and is in a REALLY BAD MOOD. I guess I would be too, but it will make for a tense night.

Stacey, that is great about setting your goal. Wow, you are doing really great! I have never had the lemon pastry creams...but they sound like something I should avoid or I will get addicted.

Belle: congrats on your review. I am glad the new job is working out. You are so right about women with attitude. That can be very trying.

Becky: I have never been to Grand Cayman. But the movies make it look beautiful. You will have such a great time. Glad you found us and Belle is right, tell us your story. Don't worry about where you are, just concentrate on where you are going. Taking control is the first step and can really make you feel great! I have recently gotten back on program after a big gain do to pregnancy, pregnancy loss and depresion. But being back in control has really helped me feel so much better.

Emily: where did you get that PB pie from? Hope you were able to get a little "emily time" and get that nap.

Tonya: you are the workout queen. Boy, your hubby sure does have ot work a lot. That would be very hard I think. I am lucky. My hubby has and I work the same hours to some extent and can ride to and from work together (he just works down the street from my office).

Ok, I really need to get back at it.

Trish
Old 03-02-2001, 05:20 AM   #24  
Shopper Extraordinaire

O.k. a little about myself. I started WW in Sept. and kicked but for a couple of weeks and lost 10 pds. I was 185 last time I dropped in for WI and at my highest I weighed 190. I am not sure whatI weigh now but I am sure it is probably right around 190. My goal is 145. I have never been this thin, however the WW book says that is ideal. I am athletic though and I honestly think that I looked pretty good at 165 or so. My point is that I would be happy with anything close to my goal. It is amazing how weight creaps on. I would never in my life have believed I would weigh what I do but life goes on. I had a great day today so far and I am on my way to aerobics. My trip is 13 wks away and I would love to lose 25 pds!!! To all of us who battle this daily you are in my prayers!!!! It is a battle but hey we are all obviously making it a priority and that is a huge step in the right direction!!!
Becky
Old 03-02-2001, 08:27 AM   #25  
CM
Chick

Hi all!! I just got in from WI lost 2# and I'm not complaining but I had really hoped I would hit 10% today and I came so close. I am feeling kind of tired and maybe a little stuffyness, I hope I'm not getting sick. I think I'll go to bed early.

Casey
204.5/185.75/160 Disney World/120-ish
Closed Thread