Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 01:13 AM   #16  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. I am doing all right. I have slacked on point tracking this week. Tonight we are going out to a grill your won steak joint with my parents. YIKES! I love steak and potatoes and salad and texas toast! Can you say high points!!!

Belle, last night I snuck away and took a long bath. I thought of you!!! And I made hubby watch Emma and the dog and cat!!!

Speaking of which, in less than an hour I have to run home with hubby and wrestle the dog and cat into the car to go to the vet! Yearly check up! This is the first time we have taken them together and it will be very interesting!!! My cat gets wacko when she is confined!!

Trish, unfortunately I was also a fan of the New kids. Oh how embarrassing! I even have a video that I found last summer again. hubby and I watched it and I danced around like I used! It was quite a site! Glad you
had fun!!

Jason, Yah on the date. I remember the first time I went out with hubby and we held hands. Oh were we both sweating! Those were the days of my youth! I miss them! Enjoy your time together!!!

Shalyne, we bought a new mini van last summer because of Emma. And my car was also having those "issues" like you mentioned. I love having a new car. Except we have 2 huge dorr dings on it because people are so stupid when they park. Apparently they weren't taught to NOT fling the door open so it hits the car next to you! I am very irritated about my dings as you can see!!!

Well, I have a headache (stress) and gotta get some work done before the vet visit!

Ta ta
Jen

Old 02-28-2001, 02:42 AM   #17  
Parrothead

Hi all! I have been swamped with work today so I haven't been able to post until now.

I was never that much of a fan of NKOTB ~ I was more into "New Wave". Although I did go to a concert for a friends b-day and had a good time. Its really funny how music tastes change!

Tonya ~ I was a SQL and Oracle programmer for two years before I started this job! I now train on our software product. Its OK, but it sounds like what you do is better.

Shalyne ~ New cars are so great! I treated myself to one last year as a treat for graduating from college and holding down a "real" job. It's a sportscar, so when the kids arrive I'll have to hand it over to DH and get a fam car. Oh well, by then I'll want a new car anyway!

Jason ~ Congrats on the successfull date! I met my husband by chance at yell practice (a school tradition). Our school gathers for yell the night before the football games( Its like a pep rally). I saw him walking in and I asked him to be my date. The rest is history!

Belle ~ The advice you gave about small goals hits home. My main goal is to be smaller by the summer time so that I can go inner tubing down the river. I probably already asked you, but where are you going in Mexico? We honeymooned there and loved it!

Suzanne ~ Don't try to let yourself get discourages or overwnelmed. We are all here with you and have been there too!

Jen ~ good luck at the Vet! You sound like a Superwoman to get the pets into the vet while caring for the little one

Lolly ~ all I can say is that I'm so jealous you get to go to Spain. Enjoy the red wine and Tapas.

Kim ~ Your story sounds so difficult to cover. I can't imagine having the strength to go through that. You are in my thoughts.

To all I missed ~ Have a great rest of the day and I'll touch base soon!

Kay
Old 02-28-2001, 03:57 AM   #18  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone!
Jen: I sympathize with you about the vet. I have to pick up my kitty who had exploratory surgery today. Unfortunately the vet couldn't find anything so now I feel like a bad mom.
Kay: Useless info: when I was in junior high, we went on a mission trip to San Marcos. One of the "fun" activities was swimming in the river. It was the COLDEST river I had ever been in!
I have to get back to work now. A borrower I've been bugging since September is finally ready to close, I think. That's my big project for the day.
I'm still debating about going to WI. Either way, I'm going to the gym, though.
Have a great afternoon and I'll see ya'll later.

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-28-2001, 04:22 AM   #19  

hey all,

Yes Jon was the shy one in NKOTB, he dated Tiffany for awhile. That was the big gossip back then. I love listening to the old 80's music!

Thanks for the encouragement Kay....I'm doing okay today.

Have a good night everyone.

Suzanne
Old 02-28-2001, 04:33 AM   #20  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK, the vet experience went OK. Thankfully Emma was at daycare and hubby sort of helped! Jazz the cat is A-OK!! Sadie the dog has an eye infection of some sort. We have to give her an eye cream for a week and then bring her back in. I noticed her eyes were getting red, so we decided to bring her in now for her annual shots and heartworm test! I just dished out big bucks for those two, so they better realize how much I love them!!

In 1 hour I will be dining out! I am so hungry now, but know I will blow my points tonight so I better hang on till then!!!

Kay... not a superwoman, but wish I was!! Then maybe everything would be much easier!!

Stacey... hope Kitty is feeling better soon. What is wrong???

Well, gotta run! I came back to work only to find that I am locked out of the program I need to work on... because there are too many users using it now. There goes my deadline!! The guy that locked me out is the same one that screams at me when I am not done in time... how ironic!!

Jen

Old 02-28-2001, 04:34 AM   #21  

Hi all! I so wish I could check in more often ... I feel so "out of the loop" because you guys chat all day long.

My current peeve at the moment is the fact that my username and password do not automatically fill in whenever I want to post and I KNOW I checked it off in my preferences. HUMPH!

I weighed in (reluctantly) on Sunday AM - I am up 2 lbs, which is a relief because it felt more like 10! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things as far as journalizing. My life is once again hectic, with 2 jobs, school and my son. Eeek! Throw a relationship in there and you've got one overwhelmed person sometimes.

I'm running a 4 mile race on Saturday AM which I am looking forward to, because it's been a few months since one has been sponsored here in NY during the winter. I am a bit hesitant because it's 4 miles, I REALLY have to pace myself because I'm hurting at the end of a 5K.

I'm also going to see Duran Duran on Thursday PM and I know everyone will be having cocktails and I really don't want to sabotage this weeks weigh in. I've also consumed enough w/ my birthday weekend that I have no desire to drink. So that shouldn't be a problem.

My short term goal for now is to loose 10 lbs by the end of April for a friends wedding.

Jason - glad to hear your date went so nicely. It's always good to develop a close friendship before heading into a relationship. As long as you both feel comfortable, just roll with it.

Jen - My son had bronchitis when he was 3 months old and there is nothing worse than watching your child be uncomfortable and not be able to do anything about it. Hope she feels better soon. Way to go on the loss!

Kim - if you don't mind me asking ... what execution are you going to witness? That is a very emotional thing to go through.

Shalyne - congratulations on your new car! They make new car air fresheners. Mmmmm ...
I have a relatively new (2 years old) car and it STILL has issues. Grrrr ...

Stacy - How are your wedding plans?

Belle - I am happy to hear that your b/f remembered your birthday. You deserve to be treated very special. I'm still celbrating my birthday ...

Trish - I would love to go to an Oprah show. Sounds like a lot of fun. I really never get to watch TV, but she is my favorite talk show host.

Kay & Tonya - I use Oracle at work. I sure could use some more instruction! I always seem to have some sort of problem. Must be me. Tee-hee!

Well, it's almost class time. Today the weather here in NY was beautiful and I got a little Spring itch. I'm sure we'll be hit with some sort of snow storm in April.

Have a good night everyone!

Debbie

PS - you guys ARE a great source of support!

Old 02-28-2001, 04:34 AM   #22  

Hi all! I so wish I could check in more often ... I feel so "out of the loop" because you guys chat all day long.

My current peeve at the moment is the fact that my username and password do not automatically fill in whenever I want to post and I KNOW I checked it off in my preferences. HUMPH!

I weighed in (reluctantly) on Sunday AM - I am up 2 lbs, which is a relief because it felt more like 10! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things as far as journalizing. My life is once again hectic, with 2 jobs, school and my son. Eeek! Throw a relationship in there and you've got one overwhelmed person sometimes.

I'm running a 4 mile race on Saturday AM which I am looking forward to, because it's been a few months since one has been sponsored here in NY during the winter. I am a bit hesitant because it's 4 miles, I REALLY have to pace myself because I'm hurting at the end of a 5K.

I'm also going to see Duran Duran on Thursday PM and I know everyone will be having cocktails and I really don't want to sabotage this weeks weigh in. I've also consumed enough w/ my birthday weekend that I have no desire to drink. So that shouldn't be a problem.

My short term goal for now is to loose 10 lbs by the end of April for a friends wedding.

Jason - glad to hear your date went so nicely. It's always good to develop a close friendship before heading into a relationship. As long as you both feel comfortable, just roll with it.

Jen - My son had bronchitis when he was 3 months old and there is nothing worse than watching your child be uncomfortable and not be able to do anything about it. Hope she feels better soon. Way to go on the loss!

Kim - if you don't mind me asking ... what execution are you going to witness? That is a very emotional thing to go through.

Shalyne - congratulations on your new car! They make new car air fresheners. Mmmmm ...
I have a relatively new (2 years old) car and it STILL has issues. Grrrr ...

Stacy - How are your wedding plans?

Belle - I am happy to hear that your b/f remembered your birthday. You deserve to be treated very special. I'm still celbrating my birthday ...

Trish - I would love to go to an Oprah show. Sounds like a lot of fun. I really never get to watch TV, but she is my favorite talk show host.

Kay & Tonya - I use Oracle at work. I sure could use some more instruction! I always seem to have some sort of problem. Must be me. Tee-hee!

Well, it's almost class time. Today the weather here in NY was beautiful and I got a little Spring itch. I'm sure we'll be hit with some sort of snow storm in April.

Have a good night everyone!

Debbie

PS - you guys ARE a great source of support!

------------------
"Don't expect your life to change without some effort on your part."
Old 02-28-2001, 04:40 AM   #23  
A Yankee in Virginia

I just don't seem to have much time to post this week. I was covering court hearings yesterday, and today I've been preparing for the execution. I talked to the man's spiritual advisor last night and it was a very strange feeling. I'm starting to wonder whether I made the wrong decision in going now, though. All I can hope for is that I can write a sensitive story. It's the hardest thing I've ever had to cover, and I'm fully expecting to cry, if not then, a little later!

Food-wise, I'm doing so-so. I did GREAT yesterday, only 23 points. Then I went out with friends today for lunch and had Mexican. I can't resist those chips. I'm telling you, I just may skip WI tomorrow because I can't take a gain this week.

Oh, did I mention I'm PMSing, too?

Well, I better go. Phone calls to make. Hi to everyone!

------------------
Kim
206.8/185.6/130
Florida goal (March 23): 179
"The (wo)man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." -- Chinese Proverb
Old 02-28-2001, 04:43 AM   #24  
A Yankee in Virginia

Debbie: His name is Thomas Wayne Akers, from Franklin County, Virginia. He beat someone to death with a baseball bat in Dec. 1998. He keeps saying he wants to die, refuses to let his lawyers try to intervene. He told the judge at trial that if he wasn't given the death penalty, he'd just kill someone else in jail and it would be the judge's fault. Really something, huh?
Old 02-28-2001, 05:10 AM   #25  
Parrothead

Debbie ~ Don't worry about the "bugs" in your Oracle system. They tend to pop up when we really don't need them. I was just in NYC last week for a conference! The blizzard convinced me that I am not cut out for cold weather (unless I have skis on). It probably wasn't even that bad of a blizzard, just bad for me. We couldn't find a cab and ended up walking from the Javits center to our hotel in Times Square (The Time).

Kim ~ I've been PMSing all week too! My friend in CA is too. Maybe its catchy over the internet. Your situation reminded me of the "Dead Man Walking" movie (I'm sure you've heard this a million already). I had the opportunity to hear Sister Prejean speak at my brother's graduation in '95. It was fascinating how she had to deal with such a horrible thing every day. I hope you have strength with you; I know you will. Don't feel bad about crying...I don't think I could hold back the emotions at all. Also, don't be hard on yourself about WI. Life throws hard things our way all the time and sometimes the diet is the first thing to go. At least you are aware and can get back on track when the time is right.

Take care,
Kay

[This message has been edited by TxAggie (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-28-2001, 05:14 AM   #26  
Eve's Mom

Kim - that's so sad...poor guy- what sort of story are you going to write?

Debbie - I LOVE DURAN DURAN!! you are so lucky...I am SO jealous!!!!!

Ah, the 80's......they rocked.

Jen - I need a bath myself - might have to indulge and ditch b/f again tonite

Kay - I think we are going to Cancun...not sure yet - even if we don't end up going there (and I hope that wont be the case) we'll still go somewhere warm, so I am just pretending its a "for sure" and focusing on my short term goal....you know?

I am sorry to hear about all these sickly pets! My puppies are going for shots on Saturday, Barney is much better - the cone is off and he isn't licking quite as much, silly dog that he is.

But we love them, right?

ANyway, I better go - off in 15 minutes and I am going to meet b/f for our friends b-day drinks! I am at 18 pts today though, so no beer for me!! Don't want to go over 24 pts for today....

Have a good night!

Kim, my thoughts are with you girl!!!

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6
next 10% 199
Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 170-175
final goal 165
Old 02-28-2001, 05:21 AM   #27  
Eve's Mom

TOM is due tomorrow, so I am PMSing as well, that makes a HERD of us PMSing...YIKES!!!!

Adios Amigos!!!
Old 02-28-2001, 07:00 AM   #28  
Running Babe

The photo shoot was sooo much fun, I have never had a professional sitting before, so it was nice, she took a ton of shots and was amazed at how patient I was. The proofs should be ready in 2 weeks so I'll see them then, then my grad pics should be done by the end of April.

Hmmm, I liked When Harry met Sally except I am not 100% sure of the "friends" theory.

Trish: Anxiety disorder must be really hard to deal with, poor guys.

Belle: I understand I had no real reference point to what my slim self was or anything. I hadn't been thin since I was about 7-8 (though I was never as fat as I thought I was, I developed before all my peers). I also joined WW the day after I had to buy size 22 clothes. My dad is looking over my shoulder and is correcting my spelling hmmmmmph grrrrrrrrr... (I'm at the parents house this week). You will look fabulous this summer!

Suzanne: I went to a NKOTB concert when I was 12!

Jon was my favorite NKOTB

Debbie: Good Luck at the race, I should try and get involved in some races and stuff. I love running.

Wow, I am PMSing too (not that this is something to celebrate, but anyways)!!

Take Care!

Ali

243.4/166.2/155
Closed Thread