View Poll Results: How do you love being in your 40's?
I wish I was younger 6 35.29%
I wish I was older 0 0%
I have no opinion 2 11.76%
This is the best time of my life! 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 01:28 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous 40's #124

Hello ~ Welcome to the FABULOUS 40's group. We are ALL in our 40's and we are ALL Fabulous!! Come join in ~ we'd love to get to know you........
Old 05-11-2002, 01:34 PM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello Friends ~ just thought I would start a new thread since we were on page 7. I am really so happy to be back here with y'all. I gained 3.5 pounds while I was gone but feel great about getting back on track. I am ready.........I decided to try very small goals this time rather than thinking about the big picture. So my first 'mini' goal is to be in the 180's......that will be accomplished when I lose 7 pounds.......that will be by next Saturday......this is positive thinking here.

Well, have a great Saturday you's guys.......
Old 05-11-2002, 04:00 PM   #3  

Knowing you Zoe you will lose that much the first week. You go! Glad you are back. I love the STOP sign you made telling us about the new thread. No way to be confused there.
How do you get the red letters to be bold and big at the same time? I try and I can either make them colored and nothing else or bold and nothing else. I am still a little pc illiterate. Thanks.
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day.
Terri
Old 05-11-2002, 10:08 PM   #4  

Default clothing sizes

Hi! Well, I had a great day today, out shopping for something cute to wear to a staff appreciation day on Thursday. Got two pair of cropped pants, still size 14, but very cute. BUT I did drop down a size in my GAP jeans, which is great. At least, I'm saying I dropped down a size -- I have two pair that are both labeled 14. One of them right now is very loose on me, the other pair (the pair I wore today) is better fitting (just a tad bit snug in the waist, but not unbearable). It's so frustrating that clothing sizes are so varied, even within the same brand! Oh, well, whatever

Have a great rest-of-the-weekend
Old 05-11-2002, 11:46 PM   #5  

Mel,
Congratulations You are awesome. You inspire us all!!

Everyone,
I just invented this incredible recipe for chicken. On WW it seems that you eat chicken so often that you start to cluck, so I try to inovate when I am in a creative mood. Occasionally it's awful, most of the time its ok, but sometimes, like today, it's terrific. My DH said he would expect something like it at one of those cute trendy resteraunts in SF. Here goes:

Apricot Glazed Chicken

8 chicken breast cutlets
garlic powder
black pepper
1 pkt french onion soup mix
2 c apple juice
8 tsp apricot jam
1 sprig of fresh rosemary or 2 tsp dried rosemary leaves

Preheat oven to 350 deg. Veg spray bottom of roasting pan. Wash chicken and place in pan. Spread 1 tsp of jam on each piece of chicken. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Pour apple juice over chicken. Pour onion soup mix over chicken. Strip leaves off of rosemary sprig and sprinkle the leaves over everything. Bake for 50 minutes. Serve with sauce from pan.

Makes 8 servings and I figure that it is 4.5 pts per serving. Really yummy.

Got to go. It's time to put Ellen to bed.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 05-12-2002, 07:18 AM   #6  

Talking

Just poppin in to say,HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! to all my buddies.

I love you all! Have a great day

Big Hugs
Old 05-12-2002, 10:51 AM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Just wanted to say........

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Old 05-12-2002, 10:54 AM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hey Terri ~ the way I make those BIG letters in another color is this way:

Click on the color you want and type your line. Hit enter like you were done.

do a "cut" of that line

go to the size and choose HUGE and type the bold thingy [ b] then "paste" your cut lines and hit enter

go to the end of the new line and type your bold ending, the [ /b] thing

that's it

Last edited by Zoe; 05-13-2002 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:51 PM   #9  

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MY BUDDIES!!!!!

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. My mom was moved to a nursing home so I've been going back and forth, etc. I've been reading your posts and promise to write ASAP. Just want to congratulate all of you for losing, for posting and for just hanging in there!!!!!!!

I'll be back soon!

Hugs,
Old 05-13-2002, 12:00 AM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Even thought it's almost at an end.....Happy Mother's Day to all!
Hope everyone had a great day with their families.

We spent the day at home, relaxing with the kids. It was a cool rainy day, perfect for staying in.

Dianne, it was so good to hear from you!

Janie, that recipe sounds good, very creative.

see you tomorrow,
~Jen
Old 05-13-2002, 12:53 PM   #11  

Dianne,
Great to hear from you. Let us know how everything is going with your mom. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

Zoe,
I think I've got it!! . I will see in a moment.
Thanks so much.

Jen,
Sounds like a relaxing day.

JanieD,
Thanks for the recipe. Sounds scrumptious.

HollyGirl,
Congrats on finding cute pants.

We went to the Outback instead of the brunch. I wanted steak so bad and that is a good place to go. I had about 30 points there. I could only eat half the steak. When my family goes out you don't have to worry about eating too much bloomin onion. I had about 4 points worth.
Brittany bought me two CD's (Trick Pony and Jodee Massina) and Tango and Cash DVD and Bruce got me wind chimes with a wooden center and the DVD of Friends first season. I didn't start watching until the third season. The boys made me adorable gifts. The cards are hysterical. Brandon started out with 4 lines that rhymed and the last line was"...and I am glad you are not an airhead."

Hope everyone had a great Mom's Day.

Terri
Old 05-13-2002, 12:59 PM   #12  

I DID IT!!!!!!!!

Terri
Old 05-13-2002, 05:24 PM   #13  

Angry

Testing..........

I hope this workstrying what Terri just did.

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 05-13-2002 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2002, 05:47 PM   #14  

Talking

It worked!

I love learning something new. Thanks Zoe

I had a nice Mother's Day. We went to the Red Lobster & had to wait 1 hour. I mainly went for my oldest sister. She doesn't have any children & since my Mom isn't around anymore she gets really depressed. She wanted the Red Lobster so I went to make her happy.

Terri, I've been dying to go to the Outback. I didn't count points yesterday. By the way, The Points Lady lost 5 lbs! She's very happy with WW.

Jen, what you did for Mother's Day is what I wanted to do. Stay home, rent movies & just chill. The weather was prefect for it.

Dianne, why did they move your Mom? No need to apologize. As long as everyone is okay. I do miss you Mi amiga.

Janie, chicken is pretty much all we eat & ground turkey. Sounds good. I better watch these smilies. I get too carried away sometimes.

HollyGirl, way to go! Down a size, I'd be on cloud nine.

I haven't been on line the past couple of days so I'm going to go browse around.

Have a great evening.

Till tomorrow

Luv, Es

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 05-13-2002 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:04 PM   #15  

Angry

Hello, Friends!

Ok, Zoe, I still can't do the size & color changes! I'll keep trying!

Terri, We were supposed to go to Outback for Mother's day, but my DSS cancelled on me, so DH and I just stayed home and read.

JanieD, I'll try your apricot chicken, looks YUM! I made spagetti squash for the first time and it was really good. Just cut in half, cover with plastic wrap and microwave 15 minutes. Scrape out the "spagetti" and serve.

Hollygirl, Size 14? WOW! You are doing GREAT!

Hi DecemberDiane, Jen, Essie and everyone else! Hope you have a wonderful OP week!

HELP! I've been doing so well and then today at work I had a surprise birthday party. I did great -- ate raw veggies, fruit and small slices of sandwich wrap. Then tonight, I started looking at the cake and decided to have a piece. It was so rich and good and I reverted to my out of control m.o. and had two more pieces. Now I feel sad and sick. What's wrong with me???????

Sorry to end on a down note! I'll recover, tomorrow's another day! Hope y'all are all doing better than I am!

Mel
Closed Thread