Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #106  
GmaTo8

Hi!

Victoria - I live in the country, so we grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables. There's nothing like homegrown produce! Plus, the planting, weeding, harvesting, etc. is good exercise. Is this going to be your first year for growing? Having someone in the house doing WW with you is great! My DD Katie doesn't live here, but we often exchange food finds, etc. Makes it easier.

Trish - yay for getting back online. I totally understand about liking the laptop. I use mine much more than the desktop one. For fiber, other than cereals, I like to make a soup of different kinds of beans or lentils. Neal likes it flavored with meat, but using onions and spices works just as well for me.

CG - good luck at weigh in tomorrow!

Kathy - you are such a good puppy-mama! I'm so glad he isn't having any more seizures.

Yesterday we celebrated Makenzie and Gina's birthdays. The family was here, and we had a good time. Tomorrow, Katie and I are taking Mary's kids to see the Jonas Bros. in a 3-D concert. They earned the money for the tickets, and are so excited.

Today, I'm trying to not let the gloomy day get to me by having the lights on, and being thankful for the blessings in my life.

Have a good day!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 253/228/145

Height: 5'7"

Jane It has been about 3 years since I planted a garden I am looking forward to it. I have a big problem with migraines in the sumer that is why I have not gardened but I will put every thing on a line where I can go out and just turn the water on if I can't do any more. My girls will help with the hard stuff so I can provide them with food. I had a goat who loved my garden way too much but she moved to a younger family so now things may have a chance.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #108  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello to all my HF friends.

Trish - Yahoo to your DH and your new router. Glad that you are back up and running. It is surprising how much a person uses the computer, you only know when you can't use it. Did you find any good deals in Walmart? I do need to go and get my eyes checked. I find that I have been getting alot of headaches lately. Hope that you picked out some fashionable glasses for your DH!

Jane - give the girls a Happy Birthday hug from me. Did you do anything special? How was the movie? Was there lots of squeeling girls? How old are they? I want to plant a garden this year. I hope that you are up for a lot of stupid questions, as this will be my first attempt.

Victoria - They are Yorkshire Terrier puppies. I am so glad that we only have 1 left. He has had 2 seisures, both on a Saturday afternoon, 1 week apart. Although my hubby thinks that he saw 1 more. The vet has called a couple times to see if he has had anymore. Thankfully he has not. :fingerscrossed: I did not know that puppies could have seisures. Sounds like you have some helpful daughters. You had a goat? We had goats. I loved them, they are just as good pets as dogs, but a little more troublesome. We had a stray dog that came into our yard and killed them.

CG - How is your day going? I hope that you are able to find your rice. When is your WI? Any big plans for your weekend? I have heard of Trader Joe's but never seen one. Is it a big grocery store? or more of an organic store? Hope that you find some good deals.

Hello to everyone else out there lurking and just looking for a place to come and join our little group.

to everyone

Last edited by luckycharm; 02-27-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #109  
GmaTo8

It's close enough to start the March thread. See you there!
Closed Thread