Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Sue, so good to hear from you. I thought everyone had abandoned our little group. Boy I do understand about the exercise. I used to do the video WATP 1 mile and loved it. Even like the 2 mile one but it was just too long for me at one time. Then when I was going to the chiropractor for my back, he wouldn't let me exercise. They gave me some exercises when I quit going, but I forget to do them. The last few times I tried the WATP, it caused my hip joints to hurt. I used to could walk the pain out, but last time I tried it seemed to make the pain worse so don't do it any more. Wish I had a treadmill, don't have the money or the place to put it. So I for now I'm making housework my exercise. According to the WW website, mopping, vaccuming, cleaning and doing laundry counts for exercise. So I get some movement done and my house gets clean at the same time. Maybe I can keep it clean instead of having to work so hard for days to get it ready whenever company comes.

Hope the weather will be good to you in LV and you enjoy it. Are you the one who is wanting to move there? Always wanted to visit there but haven't made it yet. Still lots of places I want to see now that I live on the east side of the USA.

Have a good day.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #17  
GmaTo8

I'm not hiding. I'm just so darn tired from doing too much. I spent most of the day in town, shopping, but got some good buys. One thing I bought was an electric blanket with dual controls. I've never had one, and can't wait to try it out. Also, I took Molly to the vet today, and she has to have surgery on her ear next Wednesday for a fungal growth. It's so gross!

I'm doing so-so with food. The things I've overeaten are healthy foods, but still, calories are calories.

Gotta get - Neal has challenged me to a game of Yahzee. Have a good one!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:30 PM   #18  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Trish - I think housework can give a person a pretty good workout, if we use a little oomph with it. Do you ever play music when you clean? I made a CD of fast oldies to get me going. Used to be "Born to be Wild" but now I'm "Bored, Tubby, Mild" hahaha.

Sue - I have the Walk Away Your Waist and you're right, you can really feel it. When are you leaving for LV?

Barb, Kathy, Jen, Ruthie - whoo hoo, where are you?

Seems like I ran errands all day. I met with my buddy Dixie at church, and we got some preparations for Sunday taken care of. It's "Birthday Sunday" which will include cakes for every month of the year. So my plan is to take the yummy WW Dreamsicle Cake, which has only 3 points per (generous) serving.

I've invited a different friend from church to join us here, so Val, if you're reading this, just sign up and jump in. The ladies here are very friendly, supportive, and encouraging.

Toodles,
Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #19  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi...Jane, We go to Vegas Tues. through Sat. Yes, I am feeling the WATP, even though I at first thought it was easy...lol.

Trish- We live in Indiana, but had a winter home in Vegas for a few years. We are sorry we sold it after spending last winter and this year here. Ugh. We were trying to buy a condo there in Oct. but the deal fell through, then the economy tanked and we are going to wait before making a purchase. DH is re-tired from GM, so we have been nervous about our pension and health insurance. Sooo, we are just going to visit Las Vegas a few times this winter for now. I know what you mean about hips hurting with the WATP. Mine did also the first few times and I had to be careful when doing the side step to not go out too far, and to NOT go down low like she suggested. That seemed to put more pressure on my hips and knees. I am doing better now after several times and can keep up pretty well. I still do not go down low however...too much on my knees.

I have done 4 days in a row of the WATP and eating is good. Of course, the scales move slowly for me, but I am feeling good.

Last edited by suetalks; 01-07-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #20  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone.

I am trying to be here, but I don't know what is going on. It kicks me off, won't let me open pages....Grrr very frustrating. I will see if this will actually post, I am typing fast before it can kick me off.

Sue - Way to Go on doing your walk away the pounds. When I walk on the treadmill, just to do 3 miles in 45 min. I have to walk at 4mph. Right now I am trying to do the Couch to 5k program so I walk 90 seconds jog 60 seconds for 45 minutes. That still puts my 3 miles at 41:30. So you know you are getting a good workout from Leslie. Can I fit into your suitcase and go with you? I promise to be good and I won't be a pest.

Jane - Who won the Yahtze game? Mmm the cake sounds good. You will have to send me the recipe. I don't think that recipe is in the cookbook. Is this your days off from babysitting? Our little punkin is just starting to walk. She is fasinated by the puppies that are here.

Trish -Now there is a concept. I should also do housework for exercise so that I wouldn't have to worry so much when we have company. I do get a good workout scrubbing the shower. I am going to try and do some pilates and see what that is like.

Hello to everyone else.

Anyone have any great plans for tomorrow? I got nothing going on. I should plan out our meals for the next few weeks and go into town and get some groceries. We shall see.

Chat later
Old 01-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #21  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Kathy- You are right, scrubbing the shower IS a work out. Probably my most hated job too. I will iron all day for someone if they will clean my shower. And we use the shower spray after every use too, but our water is so bad here. Even with a softener it leaves iron on my white shower. Have to clean it real often, which means practically standing on my head...lol. I used to joke about needing a rust colored shower. Then when we were in Vegas our shower was yellow, which I at first thought "oh goody." Found out the water there is treated and it didn't leave rust at all...it left a white powdery substance that was as hard to get rid of though. Can't win. I have learned to be careful what you wish for.

Ohhh, that Dreamsicle cake is very good...no one knows it is WW friendly when they are eating it, that's for sure.

Jane and Trish, Hi to you and enjoy your day!

Nothing going on at our house. It is still spitting snow and just downright cold. I am off to do my WATP and get motivated.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #22  
GmaTo8

Here's the recipe:

Dreamsicle Cake -3 points

-for cake-
1 Duncan Heinz Classic White cake mix
2 egg whites
1 can diet orange soda (Slice, Sunkist, etc.)

-for filling-
1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
1 cup hot water
1 cup cold water

-for frosting-
1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
1 sm. pkg. INSTANT fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding
1 cup 2% milk
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. tub Cool Whip Free topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray shiny 9x13 cake pan with Pam. Mix dry cake mix with orange soda and egg whites. Blend 30 seconds until moistened and then 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into pan and bake 33-35 minutes, or until done in center.

Mix 1 pkg. orange jello powder with hot water until dissolved. Add cold water and stir. Poke holes in cake with fork that the tines have been sprayed with Pam. Pour orange mixture evenly over cake. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

For frosting, mix together the second dry orange jello mix and the dry vanilla pudding mix. Then add milk and vanilla, blend well with mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread on COLD cake. Keep refrigerated.

Your family will not know this is a points-friendly recipe!

* This is also very good using lemon Crystal Light and lemon jello.

Nutritional Info: 1 serving = 1/15 of cake
Calories - 140
Fat - 2.8 gr.
Calories from fat - 25
Fiber - 0
Carbohydrates - 27.2
Protein - 1.6 gr.
WW points - 3
Old 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Sue - our water out here is so very rusty, and we buy the rust remover salt for our water softener, and it sure helps a lot. Have you tried that? At Walmart, it's the stuff in the green bag.

Kathy - Neal beat me! Seems like we take turns getting on a roll and beating each other, haha. Yes, tomorrow is my last day off from babysitting. I miss the little stinkers so much if I don't see them every day. Good thing they live close by! Aww, your DGD is at a cute age. They explore everything and learn so fast!

Trish - where are you, friend?

I have to finish some laundry and defeat Mt. Washmore! In between loads, I'm cleaning off the desk, and cleaning out our small filing cabinets. We bit the bullet and bought a nice 4-drawer one from Office Max. Now I need to get everything transferred, and the 2008 stuff moved out. Reminds me, I have to call the tax guy for an appointment. Oh joy.

I'm doing great with the food, and hope you are, too.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #24  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

Had a real lazy day today. Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I have to go and make some supper. Thanks for the recipe Jane. I am going to copy it and try and make that cake this weekend. We have some new neighbors that just moved in down the road. (Nothing like the nearest neighbor being 1/2 mile away.

Chat with you all later.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #25  

Hi Ladies,

Kathy -I've been having the same problem of getting knocked off of the internet a lot lately. I either can't get on or I'm typing and get bumped off. I'm not sure what is going on.

Any way, I'm still here. Some days eating is better than others. I think I have "rebel" days. Hopefully, those won't be many though. I am in the process of trying to start eating more Simply Filling foods that are healthy and that my body will tolerate. I'm learning that just because they are healthy foods or just because they are allowed doesn't mean I can eat them.

Went to the dentist today. I thought something was wrong because there was a gap between one part of my bridge and the gum, but I was thrilled to learn that this is normal. And when I get my permanent bridge all that will be filled in. So I am healing fine. Came home and am really tired all day. Just can't get my life turned around so I can get up early any more. So I was really not wanting to get up this morning.

DD on the phone so I have to close and I'll catch y'all again.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #26  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Kathy - my DD Mary lives 100 feet away, but our next neighbor is a 1/2 mile, too. You are a good neighbor, to make a welcome cake for your new ones.

Trish - you sound down, and I hope by the time you read this you're in better spirits. I think we all have days where we wonder if we'll ever make it. Then we come here and get encouragement from each other, and it seems more doable.

I got a lot done today and am headed to the shower, then bed. I have grocery shopping to do tomorrow, but not much else planned. I want to just kick back with my book. I'm reading Change of Heart by Lisa Picoult, and am at the end of it. I just love her books - have any of you read her stuff?

Another OP day for me.

Toodles,
Old 01-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #27  

Hello Ladies,

Another quick one to say hello.

Jane -No I wasn't low. I was actually trying to listen to DD on the telephone and write at the same time. Crazy I know. There many things I can do more at once, but trying to listen/talk on the phone and write at the same thing? Yikes So I closed off quickly.

Eating is pretty good today. Hope everyone is fine. Catch y'all later.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #28  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

Hi all,
I know you all missed me
Happy belated christmas and new year to you all!!!
I have been as usual working like crazy, and been dreadfully sick.
But getting over it now!
Managed to manitain the 30 pounds over Christmas, (considering I ate and drank everything that didn move was good going)
Well anyway I gotta dash
Hopefully Ill talk to you all soon
Jen x
Old 01-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #29  

Hello Ladies,

Well not much going on here. I went to WW online and switch to Simply Filling tracker. I have decided to eat only Simply Filling foods and try not to use any if any WPA and not any AP. I just can't understand how I could do so well during the holidays and screw up when they are over. Got important info from a lady on another WW thread on motivation and it put me to thinking. Doing some self evaluation deciding what I want and is it worth all that I have to do to lose the weight. I don't like tracking every bite. If I do the Simply Filling then I don't have to and when I've eaten the basics that we have to do... I'm through for the day. No pts left over that I need to eat.

Jane, Ruth, Jen, Sue, Kathy and others I missed

Y'all have a great weekend!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Jen - good to see you and I'm glad you're feeling better. A big YAY to you for maintaining over the holidays. You and Trish have that in common. I hope work settles down a bit and you're able to check in more often here.

Trish - the Filling Foods list has a lot of choices, that's for sure. Good luck with it.

Kathy - how's it going?

This weekend has been a busy one. The special Birthday Sunday was at church today, and I'm happy to say I took the Dreamsicle Cake and had only a piece of that. That's saying a lot, because you should have seen all the delicious-looking cakes the women of the church brought. A small NSV, but a victory, anyway.

I am thinking about starting my Spring cleaning now to get it over with. Might as well put these gloomy days to some good use, right? I noticed my heat register vents have a life of their own going on, haha.

Hopefully, your weekend has been fun. See ya later.
Closed Thread