Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Talking Thursday Chatters for January

Hello all,
Please join us for plenty of talk, advice, help and just plain fun!
We follow WW plans and also have a weigh-in results thread and photo thread.

Happy New Year and lots of luck for 2009!

hugs~
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Default Happy New Year 2009

Hello all,
Jeanne, thank you for starting our threads off this year!
You were an early riser today, getting us started.

I hope everyone had a good evening. Ours was very tame. We went out for Mexican food and then came home. We watched some dvds and played Yahtzee. We watched the eastern time zone and then waited an hour for our time zone.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #3  
jeanne

Good Morning! Well it's officially here and thank goodness the festivities are over for awhile! Yesterday I snacked probably too much (I didn't keep track) and then last night we went to the in-laws for dinner. Lots of good food and cookies! I didn't go off the "deep end", but I did eat more than I should! I got up this morning to realize it's TOM! Urghhhhhh!
Well I have to do a load or two of laundry before I head to work, so I better scoot! Just wanted to check in and stay focused (& this helps me)!
Talk to you later! Have a great day!

jeanne

PS - I have had three dreams in two weeks that I have a baby?!?!?!? Oh my goodness! Maybe it's the cold medicine?!?!?!?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I think our members are still out-of-town or just still "on vacation."

I did good yesterday but have had a hard time of it today.

I hope everyone is having a great time. I can't believe that it's already 2009!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #5  
Susan

Hi,

Well I got home from San Antonio. It was a good trip, fast and furious. Came back exhausted but I'd do anything for my mom and dad. I got to spend a lot of time with my older sister.

I got there on Friday and my Dad's sister (only surviving one had a heart attack. My older sister and I went to the hospital several times. She works in that hospital. My aunt is going to have a bypass and have a valve fixed. My parents just can't get to the hospital. It would be too hard on them getting in there, etc..... Surgery will be Monday and my sister will be working so that made my Dad feel better.

Pat's band played New Year's Eve. It was fun.

You will never guess what is happening again. His arm is numb.... He went to his doctor today and is on steriods and pain killers. I told him if it's not better by Monday, he HAS to call the neurosurgeon! I think he is afraid to call because he knows. His dr. said that he thinks it's the disk above the one that he had taken out several years ago.

I'm NOT ready for school to start again!!!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #6  

Hello! We are home, and I sure did miss my mattress! Last night was the best night's sleep I've had since before I went to the b&b with the girls. Our time in Georgia was wonderful. There are so many good memories there. I did check a couple places about possibly going next winter for a longer stay, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Jeanne, I giggled about your dreams!

Tina, I need to get my Yahtzee game out. I used to play it for hours. Tim and I played Trivial Pursuit several times while we were gone. Lots of laughs.

Susan, glad you were able to spend time in San Antonio. Let us know how your aunt's surgery goes. I think Pat needs to call the neurosurgeon. I wouldn't be ready for school either!!

Hello to everyone else!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
It's beautiful here.....a normal Texas winter.

Tammy, I'm so glad you had such a good time. It's just what you needed.
We have an old Trivial Pursuit game (the first one) that I should get out for us to play. Ouch, to the bad mattress.

Susan, I'm also sorry about your aunt. I'm glad your sister will be there. Do keep up informed.
Now about Pat----get that stubborn man to the neurosurgeon!!!!! He's going to end up like Larry, if he doesn't do something SOON!

Jeanne, it sounds like that was a nightmare. How is your cough? I hope it's better.

Dori, when does school start? Oops sorry to remind you of such things.

Maureen, how were the interviews you had on Friday?????

Kathy and Jen, please post!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone
well, starting week 3 eating vegan-still not too bad-but have to start getting serious about the weight loss-I need to lose at least 20 lbs but I can do it-my friday interview went okay I think-they will have me go through a security clearance so that will enable me to work in the federal government-on monday I'm going to call the language training school and see about enrolling in classes of french as a second language-I need all the help I can get - and Ottawa is a very bilingual city.

Tammy-glad you had a good holiday-
Susan-get your man to the doctor
Tina-hello-
hello to everyone

take care
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 AM   #9  
jeanne

Good Morning everyone! Hope ya all had a great weekend! We went out to eat last night (AGAIN) with my brother & his family. They live 2 hours away, so when we get the opprotunity, we go. Anyways it was Italian. Bucca de Beppo! Anyone ever hear of it? Well, it was the first time we had been there. The servings are HUGE! I knew we were going out so I stayed OP or below all day. But, what I did eat, still seemed heavy.

Tina - glad you are having such nice weather. It's been cold here. But, it's suppose to be cold here! It has been sunny the last two days, which makes things better. I am still coughing! I think I'll call the doctor tom. morning.

Tammy - morning! We are Yahtzee feens here. We never put it away and we (honestly) play a couple of times a week. I even have the hand held one. We like to play 500 too! Bob always beats me up bad in Trival Prusuit!

Maureen - Hi! So glad things are moving along for you! I have a friend who is from Montreal. She has lived here about 6 years. Anyways, she is fluent in both french & english. She has also said that Ottawa is very bilingual! Good luck with that!

Susan - hi! I am sorry about your aunt. I hope everything goes ok. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and got to visit your parents. I'm with the other girls............get Pat to the doctor!!!!

Dori - Hi! Let us know how you are doing??????!!!!!!

Hi Jen & Kathy!

Well gotta run. Doing laundry, drinking my coffee and workingfrom 12-5 today!!!! I'm usually off on Sundays but.....................

Have a good day!
jeanne
Old 01-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Good morning all,
I too am calling my doctor's office tomorrow. I'm having the same discomfort in my tummy that I had years ago when I had a hernia. With all the lifting and stuff I've done for a year, I shouldn't be surprised that I have another. (Larry hasn't been able to do a thing, lifting-wise, until now.)
I've felt really crummy for a whole week.

On a lighter note---Bucca de Beppo-yes, we have one here. We went when it opened several years ago. Wow to the portion sizes. We ordered bread pudding for dessert. Out came this humongous thing that looked like a giant meatloaf.

I've got to run as it's time for church. More talk later.
Have a great day!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Jeanne - thank you for the welcome. I am so glad I found this website. I've only been dieting for one week and this site has been so encouraging. I'm doing WW and it hasn't been hard at all. My WI is usually Monday, but I weighed this morning and I'm down 3lbs. That made my day! I'm determined to do it this time and look at this as a life change and not a diet.

We can do this and we will!
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday, I hope

Kathy, I'm so glad you like the WW plan.

Susan, how is your aunt doing? Let us know. Did school start today or is it tomorrow?

Jeanne, did you recover from the Italian restaurant?

Tammy, was Maurice happy to get home? Now, is Tim taking some courses from home this semester?

Dori, has school started for you?

Maureen, any more interviews this week? David's contract job just ended. I hope his HeadHunters find him something else soon!

I talked to the nurse about my tummy problem. She's going to ask the gyn if he wants to see me or just send me on to a surgeon to see. Yuck!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi,
My aunt's surgery went well. She had to have 8 units of blood (that's alot) but they said that was normal, plus she had lost some prior to the surgery. She had the 2 blockages bypassed and then the valve repaired. I don't think any of us slept well last night. My sister that is the nurse kept going down to check on her. Right before she left, she went to see her and said that my aunt looked good. Plus one of my sister's friends is her nurse so she felt good about that.

I know my Daddy was relieved.

Now for my stubborn husband....... still not alot better but some. Hasn't called the doctor. If you hear a man screaming, it's because I've knocked him up side the head!!!

I went to the orthopedic surgeon today. I felt much better about him than I did the other doctor I went too. He said the recovery would take some time but I would have 3 days, that I needed to stay off my foot. 3 weeks of babying my foot and staying off as much as possible and then at 6 weeks I can do anything as long as it doesn't hurt. I went ahead and scheduled it for June 10. I know it's early but I know he said that a lot of teachers book for the summer. That will give me a few days to be able to go down and see my folks too.

Oh my goodness, food was not a good thing today. I had pizza for lunch and picked up a hamburger for Pat on the way home from school, so I got me onion rings. What a bad girl!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #14  
jeanne

Morning Ladies! Still OP!!! I've had a pretty good week overall. But, with this terrible cold/cough I haven't gotten any exercise whatsoever! We'll see Thursday! I'm taking today off and working Saturday because I didn't get any sleep from coughing all night. Urgh.............

Susan - I'm glad your aunts surgery went well. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Tina - yea, I recovered! But there are still leftovers in the fridge. I'll throw those out today. ewwwww.

Kathy - I'm glad you like the WW plan too! 3# down!!!! Thats super! Keep up the good work!

Talk to you ladies later. I'm going to have a cup of tea!

jeanne
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #15  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello all. My first day back at work was yesterday. The students come back tomorrow.

Susan - Glad that your aunt's surgery went well.

Jeanne - Congrats for still being OP. You go girl.

Kathy - I'm glad that you like the site and you found us. We enjoy having you with us.

Tina - Hope your tummy feels better soon.

Tammy - Glad that you had a wonderful time here in GA. Jekyll Island is simply beautiful. Perhaps next time we can actually meet up.

Not much happening this way. I'm participating in the Biggest Loser Challenge here on 3FC and also a weight loss challenge at my school. On top of this my church is doing the Daniel Fast. They started Jan 1 and will do it for 21 days. I must be honest and say that I haven't been doing all that well. I have decided that I will start today and go for 21 days. Lord help me. No meat, bread, or sugar for 21 days. I'm know I can do it, it just takes will power.

Well I must get back to work. Talk to you all later.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote