Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #76  

I agree about Susan getting some rest! I know Pat will be glad that you'll be home the next couple of days.

Agree about weird dresses!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:42 AM   #77  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

So glad things went well for Pat! You take care of yourself too!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #78  
Susan

Thanks Friends,

Pat has slept most of the day. He has gotten up several times but when he sleeps he is knocked out. The cat climbed on him earlier and he didn't even wake up. He's laying on the couch. He does hurt today.

Tina, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Let us know how it goes! Take those pain meds!!!

Jeanne, thanks for the well wishes!

Tammy, how are you doing today?

It's cold and wet here. It's suppose to ice up this afternoon. My school let out at 1:30 today. Glad I'm not there today or tomorrow.

I'm in sweats today and haven't done much!! I've done just one or two things. I was hoping to get a lot done while I was off. Maybe I'll get stuff done tomorrow.

Hope you have a great day!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #79  

Tim and I slept off and on this afternoon, and we didn't just have surgery. Only had Maurice climbing all over me.

It is snowing again. Last report was that we could get up to 12 inches by tomorrow sometime. I'm hoping for much less than that. I told Tim he isn't driving to school tomorrow. Just not worth it. He can email the professor.

Hello to everyone!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #80  
jeanne

Morning ladies!!!!

Tina - thinking of you!

Susan - How is Pat feeling this morning?

Tammy - So nice to hear you and Tim got some rest!! How about that snow - How much did you get over night? Every school within 100 miles of us is closed or on a delay~ We are suppsosed to see freezing rain and sleet later today! Urgh!

Well it's PMS week, so I feel blah! I am still OP and anxious to WI tomorrow ~ wondering what effect it will have?!?!?!?! Usually I eat everything in site during PMS week - but I was pretty well behaved!

Gotta do some laundry and eat some breakfast - everyone have a nice day. And take care!! I'll keep everyone in my prayers!

~hugs to all
Old 01-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #81  

Jeanne, I would say we've had 8 inches of snow, and it is still snowing. I had to shovel to let Maurice out the back door this morning. A bit too much for a dachsund to get through. He tried though!! Good for you for trying to stay OP during this time.

My aerobics class and bible study at the Y were cancelled for today. Not sure about tonight's bible study though. That's where I weigh in. The way it looks, it will probably be cancelled too. Most of the women in the group live close to where it is held. I'm the only one that has to drive a bit.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #82  
Thursday Lady

Thank you for all your well wishes. I need them as I'm starving and very nervous. Can't wait for the drugs.

Y'all stay out of the snow!

Susan, take care of Pat and you.
Maureen, good luck with the job search.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #83  
Susan

Morning,

Well we had a good ice storm!!!! So all the schools around here are closed. Now I don't have to take the day off I can keep that day and use it later. Only thing is that we will have to make it up! Yuck!!!

You snowbunnies, Tammy and Jeanne, do your kids have to make up when there is snow or days missed?

Tammy, just stay home tonight unless it's safe to get out. Here it's all ice and not good.

Jeanne, hope you feel better.

Tina, hopefully you are all finished with your procedure! Let us know how it goes. What time do you have it done?

Pat is sleeping on the couch. Poor thing. He took a shower today and said, "I'm really sore" Poor thing. He has a fentyl patch, hydrocodone and a muscle relaxer. I'm glad I've taken these days off with him. He has needed the help. I haven't gotten as much done as I had planned but that's ok too, I'm sure it will all be waiting for me later!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #84  

Susan, we are allowed 5 "calamity" days per year. Most of the schools have already used these, so they'll be making days up. They'll start make up days during the spring breaks at many of the schools.

We can't go anywhere if we don't want to get arrested. We are on a Level 3 emergency plan. That means law enforcement, medical people, and snow plows are the only ones out on the road. Our driveway has only been cleaned out for a half hour, and our street was opened not too long before that.

Tim didn't go to school this morning under my orders. Too dangerous. I am so glad that he didn't try it. He received a text message that the classes were cancelled there. He got the message 45 minutes after his class would have started. He emailed his professor at 5:15 this morning, and he told her the situation. He has classes tomorrow, so he'll get to turn in his homework for full credit. Glad he let her know!

I'm sure Pat was glad to have you there!!

Tina is probably out running laps in the neighborhood tonight because she can eat real food again!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #85  
jeanne

Morning dear friends! I sure hope this finds you getting rest and recovering!

Tina - Hope you are feeling ok!

Susan - Continued prayers for a quick recovery for Pat. You take it easy too!

Tammy - I yi yi to the weather!!! I have a funny story.......I thought Maurice was a kitty! Oh my........how could I have missed the whole dachsund thing! I love dachsunds!!! Do you have any pics posted of him?
I'm so sorry all this time I thought he was a kitty!

Well I've been up since 5:00 a.m.! I decided to go out and try and thaw my car out! I didn't even leave the house yesterday. So I did that and then started coughing so hard - my ribs hurt!!! Does it ever go away? Urgh!
The upcoming weekend is a big one for me. I work Saturday all day and then I have the tea party and then the superbowl party on Sunday. And then ewww it'll be Monday! I'm thinking with all this snow it has made parking for the tea party pretty limited!

Well I'm going to scoot! Check out our Thursday WI thread! mmmmhmm! Yep.......ya all better get over there!

hugs & good health!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #86  
Thursday Lady

Good morning friends,
I feel like one of these today.
I made it through the procedure okay. The doctor removed one small, smooth polyp. He wasn't worried about it. In fact, he told me that if I hadn't received a letter from him, about the biopsy results, in 3 weeks, to call the office. That sounded good.
My tummy is sooooooo sore. I'm not supposed to drive until after noon today. That's fine with me. Oh, yesterday I could only eat soft foods, but I could eat!!!

Susan, I'm glad you are staying with Pat. Hopefully, he appreciates you!

Tammy, you are a good mother, keeping Tim at home.....and shoveling the snow for little Maurice.

Jeanne, I'm so sorry you still have that cough. Try to get some rest in between events.

Maureen, how are you doing?
Dori, where are you??
Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #87  

Jeanne, I don't know how to post pictures! lol I know, get with the program Tam!! Yep, he is a dachsund, and he is absolutely hilarious! You are going to have a very busy weekend! Tim and I drove uptown for lunch a while ago. That is the first that I've been out since Monday evening, so it was good to see other people.

Tina, glad you are taking it easy today and moving slow. Sorry that you are hurting, but I'm sure that comes with it.

Tim did go to his classes today. He called when he got to Muncie. It took him an hour and 45 minutes, and usually it takes about an hour. He said he just took it slow. He said the commuter lots weren't even half full, so apparently many commuters didn't take the chance.

I need to go do my bible studies, and then I'm sure Maurice will convince me to take a nap! (It doesn't take much to convince me!!)
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #88  
Susan

I love naps!!!! I think they are good for you. Now Pat NEVER naps!!!!! So when he goes to sleep he has to be hurting or drugged. I went to work today. I was so happy to see my kids. I think they missed me!!! My one young girl kept telling her mom "Thursday, Mullins" I told her I would be back on Thursday. She has to know is going to happen and all is ok.

Tammy, I agree with Tina, YOU are a GOOD MOTHER!!! I have been wondering what kind of mom I would have been. I wonder if Seamus would have been a momma's boy.... I think he would have. He certainly looked like me, actually my Daddy but then again I look like a carbon copy of him. Not sure why I keep wondering. I want to talk to Pat about it but not sure if he would think I was just being silly.

Tina, I'm sorry you are sore too. Hopefully that won't last long!

Jeanne, I'm the one with the new (actually he is 9 months old now) kitty. He is a Russian Blue. I kept telling Pat I didn't need a pure bred but I had one for 13 years and loved her. We went and looked at the same breeder and I fell in love with this little guy. He is so funny. CALL THE DR about your coughing. i know you cough a long time but it should be getting better.

Off to try and get caught up on some school work! YUCK!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #89  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday all,
Can you believe that it's time for another weekend! Wow, time is flying again.
I'm feeling lots better today. I slept better last night---no sore tummy.
Today I went out and bought lots of healthy food. I even bought some broccoli because it's so healthy.
Tonight, we are having baked trout, broccoli, green salad and creamed corn. Okay, the creamed corn is iffy but Larry likes it.

Susan, how did Pat do yesterday and today without you being at home?

Tammy, I'm glad Tim made it to class okay. You and little Maurice be careful in the snow.

Jeanne, I hope your cough is better.

Maureen, how is your weather?
Dori, please post!!!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #90  

Susan, I'm sure your kids were glad to have you back. AND I'm sure being a wonderful mother would have been a given. I think you should talk to Pat about it sometime.

Tina, I chuckled about the creamed corn. That was one of Bob's favorites, and Tim loves it too. I'm trying to be outside as little as possible. It's down to 3 degrees right now, and the wind is kicking up again. I don't have any big plans for the weekend except church on Sunday, so I guess it won't bother me.