Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 06:41 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ~~ Thursday, May 2

Good morning everyone! Get out your umbrellas and raincoats! Its gonna be another windy, rainy day here in my part of the world...

<opening up>

I'll be back...gotta take my cereal bowl back to the kitchen and get some water...
Old 05-02-2002, 06:51 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking OHMIGOSH

DONNA! (((HUG))) When I saw your username on the Food and Points forum, I said to myself, "Isn't that the Donna I know?" I figured there could be only ONE Gamester Girl!!! Welcome back! Its always good to see an old cutie! So....<making myself comfortable>...what have you been up to? Did you know that I've become a grandmother? Yep...first one...she will be two this month! I can't believe you still have that picture...is it that group picture of a bunch of us when some cuties came to my home? Gosh...it is soooo good to see you again!

Sharon, you are going to have to learn to take breaks at work! You and I haven't even exchanged many emails during the day!

Joyce, good luck today when you weigh-in!

As I told y'all yesterday I was going to go over to see Amanda. I missed her so much! I hadn't seen her in a week! And I did go over and I had a good time playing with her and talking to my daughter. SIL was working. And I ended up eating dinner over there...and yes, we were OP.

And yes, I was OP yesterday and banked 4 points. Yaaaaay me!
Old 05-02-2002, 07:13 AM   #3  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default It's a Great OP Day!!

Good Job yesterday GAilL! Glad you got to spend some time with Amanda. Hello...Donna..I am new to this group of gals and I look forward to getting to know you!

Just a quick Hello to all the PFC GALS as I gotta hurry up! I will be working til about 9 tonight but I WILL find time to catch up...always rushin and catching up But I will

Take care all
emmy
Old 05-02-2002, 07:18 AM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Good mornin' Emmy! The PFC is always open...as you well know and we'll be here waiting for you when you get the chance to visit longer! Thank you! Going to see my daughter last night helped me to stay OP yesterday--evenings are the worse for me.
Old 05-02-2002, 07:22 AM   #5  

Good Morning PINKIES!

I'm exhausted this morning. I took ds to get his hair cut and colored. Ended up only getting it cut. Thank Goodness or I would have been away longer. It's going to be a yucky rainy day here too!

Joyce/Gail - My girl scout uniform was in a chubby size. But I still couldn't fit into it now.

Sharon - I don't know how you do it. It sounds as if you're exhausted by the end of the day and you have that 2 hour drive home. Yuck! Hope you get plenty of rest in the evening. We'll always be here, you know where to find us.

Donna - Welcome! I think I remember your name. Did you get an answer to your Chicken Whopper question. I was told that the regular Chicken Whopper was just like the BK Broiler, which would be 8 points. I figured the Jr. one would be 5-6 points. Restaurant Management huh? Bet you'll make sure there is a low-fat menu!

Gail - How was the little one last night? Lots of hugs and kisses?

Emmy - Don't you just hate the rushin' feeling. I always feel like I'm rushin' and when I get done with whatever made me feel that way there's always more left to do. Have a good day.

Ok, first day of the challenge under our belts. How'd we do? I managed to bank 1.5 points last night. WhoHoo! I'm having a "lazy" fruit and yougurt parfait this morning....jump dumped everything in instead of layering it.

I'll be back........................later.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:54 AM   #6  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning

Well, OP day yesterday. I even ended up 1 point below my minimum and just didn't want anything else. Today is weigh in. I know I lost, we'll just have to see how much, I hope it's at least what I gained two weekends ago. I figured out I averaged 29 points a day this last week, and I ended up with 15 banked points left over. (If you haven't guessed, I like messing with numbers in my ww excel table. My own little numbers game.)

Donna - I remember your name gamestergirl. Welcome to the PFC. Restaurant management sounds like a good deal - it would be wonderful to find a restaurant that had a ww as manager!!

emmy - I hope you have a good day and get to slow down. See you later. Let's see 9pm in the east is 7pm here. So maybe I will see you later.

Gail - So glad that you got to see your little princess!!! And you got to stay OP.. I must be kinda fun to have your daughter OP too. That way, no excuses. Did you get enough juicy kisses to last a few days?

Christine - Now that you mention it, my uniform was probably a chubby size too. Good for you for banking points yesterday. I guess I'm old. I can't get used to kids wanting to dye hair and pierce ears, let alone all the other things they pierce now. When my kids wanted to pierce their ears, our first reaction was not good. But with time we got used to it, figured they were good kids and this wasn't the end of the world. I'm just too old fashioned, I guess.

I Have realized that sometimes I get long-winded in my responses. I have also figured out that there are some days, you gals are the only women I talk to all day long. My little world is all men - dh, 3 sons, boss, and all the scientists I do computer work for, all men. There are some women in Admin but I don't see them much. And a few women scientists, but I don't work with them either. <sigh>

Well, I guess I better get to work.... Got lots of computer stuff to work on.

Last edited by Joyce in CO; 05-02-2002 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:16 AM   #7  

PFC Good morning...Can I yell? I HATE DENTIST'S!! Sorry.. Still in pain, just got off the phone and "they said, "I should have PAIN!" NOT Take 3 advil and call me in the morning.........ggggrrrrrr

Ok, I'm over it, sorry... I was OP last night, at the max, but I OP. Got home (didn't have to work), Grumpy just sits and watched TV, so I went to Boscov's to have my card stamped (for free stuff). Then went to Gaint to get a salad, WW frozen meals (which are on sale 4-$5) and I found Skinny Cows Not sure how much they are, so I didn't eat one last night.

Welcome Donna Come back soon, you will get to know me as we go along. I have been posting alittle under 1 year. Met Gail last June and I work with Christine. Started changing my eating habits in Oct/Nov and joined WW in Jan. I have a hard time with the program, since I work 3 jobs and do things with my 2 grandkids. Welcomene again, hope to see you soon.

Emmy Sounds like you have long days... looking forward to seeing you later.. Hope the boys are doing good and you too.

Gail Way to go girl. I know what you mean about evening and being OP. I have a hard time when I'm at home and Grumpy is there too, just want to eat... Glad to see you had a good time with Amada. Will they be moving out of their house soon?

Sharon Hope you have a better day today and can take a break and join us for some icy cold water... Take a break and let us know how you're doing.

Joyce Good luck with WI, I will have mine next week, none this week... good thing, cause I know I gained Ok, I am trying... so hard...

Christine I guess we can't walk today.. it's raining cats and dogs out! I got my lunch today... Is it time to go home, tired of pain.. ok, I won't go there...

Judy Post to us when you can

Ok, I need to go get my water for the day...
Old 05-02-2002, 09:24 AM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Its a good day for ducks here! It was thundering and lightening on my way to work this morning...y'all should've seen me trying to juggle an umbrella, a purse, my carry-all, and a container of coffee...and dodging puddles that had turned into rivers! But I made it from my car to the building without getting my hair wet. I hate getting my hair wet in the morning after I've already styled it. Anyway...I'm here...and glory be...I don't have that much work on my desk this morning; however, that is subject to change...

Joyce, again good luck this morning and it is fun playing with the numbers! You banked 15 points this week?! I am in awe! Good job! <high-five!> THAT in itself is an awesome accomplishment! Yes, it was easy staying OP at her house--for one thing she needed to go to the grocery store! Seriously, she fixed me a Morning Star Chicken (read vegan) Patty (3 points) on a multigrain bun (2 points) and some sliced cucumbers. Oh yeah...got a lot of kisses...of course the little munchkin was teasin' me when I arrived--I asked her for a kiss and she said NO and laughed at me! Seriously, she was laughin'...but she did end up giving me kisses. Long-winded? You? Naaaah! <chuckle> Shucks, y'all know more about me than the friends I have that live close by! Y'all might even know more about me than my own mother!

Christine, okay...now tell me what color was Justin going to get his hair colored? A really inexpensive way to color his hair would be to use cherry kool aid...without sugar...the small packet...dilute it with water in a pitcher...that was what my youngest did when she was in the 8th grade--it was a hoot! Laughed so hard! Of course, I threatened her with bodily harm if she spilled any of that in my WHITE bathroom! Actually, she did a pretty good job of it. <high-five!> on banking points last night! I knew you could do it!

Okay Judy, you've got to get your butt back in here and let us know about Sam and how Preston greeted Sam, etc. We want to know!

Pat, okay...where ya at?
Old 05-02-2002, 09:28 AM   #9  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

<bump!>

There you are Pat! You were in here all along! Those skinny cows are 2 points--the vanilla, chocolate, mint, and strawberry are 2 points and the caramel ones are 3 points. Good price on the frozen WW entrees. I stock up also when Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, and Weight Watchers are on sale. They are so expensive otherwise! And being at maximum points is good too--that is why we have a daily point range. GOOD JOB! If all goes well, my daughter, sil, and gd will be moving out of their old house at the end of June. The new house will not be ready until October.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:31 AM   #10  

Joyce - If you think about it those chubby clothes were called that weren't they. I can remember wearing a 14 chubby and a 16 chubby. Geez, wonder what they call them now. I certainly hope they are still called chubby! Banking 15 points in your tracking week is wonderfuly. It's an accomplishment that you should shout about and be very proud of. Hope you have a GREAT WI today!

Pat - The skinny cows are 2 points a piece. Unless....I think the mint ones or is it the PB ones are 3 points. But if you have the vanilla ones they are 2 points a piece. And they are soooooooo good! But stop at just one, they are addicting.

Gail - Sounds like you had a good dinner last evening with sloppy kisses for dessert. Justin was going to have the top of his hair highlighted. Koolaid coloring would never show up in his hair as it is extremely dark brown bordering on black. Dan's hair is black and he's taking after he father. He ended up getting it cut only. His hair grows so fast that I have to have it cut every 4 weeks it seems.

Ok, I MUST get some work done. But...................

Judy - I hope you're having a GREAT time! I love happy endings. Let us know how things are going.
Old 05-02-2002, 10:14 AM   #11  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

You know Christine, that cherry koolaid dye might look pretty in Justin's hair--give it red highlights! Am I being a little instigator here? Nooooo. I'm an Never tasted peanut butter skinny cows! Does that taste like a Reese's cup?
Old 05-02-2002, 10:29 AM   #12  

Ok, it's the skinny cows that are in a dixie cup, Chocolate with Chocolate and Vanilla with Strawberry.... Maybe I will try one tonight
Old 05-02-2002, 10:33 AM   #13  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

In a dixie cup Pat? Now, I'm confused. I've never seen THOSE... Eat one tonight! Let us know if its worth hunting the stores for them!
Old 05-02-2002, 10:37 AM   #14  

Found them at Giant last night $4.19 for 4 .(I thinkg) Yes, I will try them and let everyone know.... They are in a white box, with skinny cows all over, and where right over the sandwich bars, that is what you and Christine are talking about? right? They had all kinds of flavors...
Old 05-02-2002, 10:58 AM   #15  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!

I am hoping for a little slower day today. Maybe I will be able to check in later. Be good and op.

Donna, welcome back.
Closed Thread