Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #106  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Jane let us know how the movie is. I think that it sounds good also.

Grandma's house is just like the5 soon. mall - always an exciting place. Wish I had the imagination of a kid. Mmm Yummy Chili. You know you have an open invitation to my house anytime. Not only just to cook. To visit also.
Sounds good about the new threads.

Trish WTG on staying OP over the vacation. I had a 5lb gain. Must have been all the chocolate covered almonds. But I ate them all and we have no more so I hope that I will lose those.

Hi Ruth. Hope you get a few minutes to yourself to pop back in and chat.

I bought the WW cookbook. I am hoping to get some good ideas for dinner. Healthy that everyone will eat will be really great.

Must run and take down the Christmas Tree and get that all put away. Need to get the kitchen cleaned also.

Chat later.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #107  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies- Sounds like the holiday was fun for you all. Lots of little "grands" and kiddos running around. Here, I had Christmas Eve lunch and really all day snacking with DD and her family being the only ones here. My two grands are 17 and 22, so no little ones. We had a nice time and they taught DH and I to play "spoons"...I was so bad at it, but DH was pretty good. LOL

Christmas Day we went to my SIL's where there were lots of in-laws. They are great and we have a ball. Of course, there is always a mountain of food too.

Missed Mom as she went to Florida for the month. She had a good time, came back to the cold on Sunday. Poor thing.

I was back up 2 pounds and one is already gone, so hopefully I can get through Thurs. without finding it again. I am having the in-laws here, and we will eat, but I tend to not eat as much at home for some reason.

It is sad to have my other daughter, grandson, son and step-son in CA during the holidays. (well, it is sad all the time, but especially so this time of year) I have told them all to start saving their pennies to try to plan a trip home next year. I just bought a new 7 ft. slim tree after not even putting a tree up this year. (or last) So I want lots of gifts under the tree.

I have started doing WATP and shooting for 45 minutes of that or walking 5 days a week. Now to get the food under control. You all are doing so great at getting back on track.
Jane- I plan to try the hummus. Is there a certain brand you buy? I must admit I have never bought it, I have made it a couple times.

Trish- Yes, 8 days is probably long enough for any company, even those you love. It is always good to get back to ones routine. Good job on the .5....I would have been happy too.

Ruth- Glad your Christmas was great. Hope your New Year is too.

Kathy- Let me know what you think of the WW cookbook. I am always looking for ideas for dinner. I get so tired of trying to think of things to have. Then I end up cooking something totally bad for me. LOL DH likes meat and taters...boring.

Hi to everyone else..Jen, Barb... Happy 2009 to you all.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:08 AM   #108  
GmaTo8

Good morning,

Kathy - I'm getting to be quite the traveler, so you never know, we may be able to meet someday. Once you try some recipes from the WW book, let us know which are your favorites. I just saw one in the January Good Housekeeping magazine for Lentil Soup with Butternut Squash that I'm going to try soon. Neal won't want it, so I'll give him leftovers, haha.

Sue - around here, we have only one brand of hummus, called Athenos. I buy the original and the roasted red pepper and mix them. I've never made it myself, but the recipe sounds easy. I used to play spoons years ago. As I remember, it was lots of fun and got real rowdy. Just my kind of game! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas.

Hi to all others. The movie Seven Pounds last night was one of the best I've seen in a long time. The story line was unique, and both Will Smith and Rosario Dawson did a great job. Please go see it!

NSV for me - I took and apple and a little pack of string cheese with me to the movie for my snack and didn't even want the popcorn and candy. Whoo hoo!

We're babysitting tonight to ring in the new year, and there's no place I'd rather be. What are your plans? Whatever they are, be safe.

I'll be back next year.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:18 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

So good to hear from all of you. We've all been so busy with the holidays that we have been here off and on. Some of you are really getting the snow or rain and I hope you will have a warm safe New Year's Eve.

We have no New Year's plans tonight or tomorrow. It will be pretty quite. DH and I met online during holidays 6 years ago. We dated online and telephone. Since he was in FL and I lived in TX, we spent New Year's eve watching the New Year in on television while on the phone with each other. We started watching the ball drop in NY eastern time and ended watching the New Year celebration in Hawaii. Now we just watch the ball fall in NY. Probably will watch a movie, but not sure what yet. Tomorrow I will take some of the leftover ham from Christmas day and fix it the way DH likes it after I take my serving out. I don't want the sugar. I will cook cabbage which seems to be his families NY tradition thing like the blackeyed peas were traditional for mine. Not sure what we think would happen if we didn't have them. So for the most part our meal will be WW friendly.

Jane - I liked the way you said "I'll be back next year". Has a nice warm feeling. Nice that we can all meet each other back here next year.

So to Jane, Sue, Ruth, Jen, Kathy, Barb and others -

HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE AND DAY

and we'll meet here again next year.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:59 PM   #110  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year to You All.

Just staying in tonight. We invited my parents over to ring in the New Year.

Looking foreward to a great 2009 with all you ladies here in our little friendly corner.

Last edited by luckycharm; 12-31-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #111  
GmaTo8

Hop on over to the January HFFs.
Closed Thread