Old 11-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #207 Bale of Turtles Being Thankful

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I've started a new thread because our #206 was getting long, but there are some interesting posts you won't want to miss! Check it out too.

Okay: Today I am going to:
1.drink more water
2.plan all meals
3.run around after my grandson (for exercise)LOL

Judy
Old 11-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles!

It is so nice up here today - enjoying it while it lasts. Hard to believe we haev already seen snow, when today is so warm.

Judy - nice to see you have a "Action Plan" & that will get you the results you are looking for - good going!

How is everyone's menu these days? As you know, I am always looking for something new to try or change things up.

Today for my breakfast I had a whole wheat wrap toasted with tomato, lettuce and cheese - was a nice change.

Hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #4  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Good morning turtles.

I haven't posted in a long while so I thought I would start again. I have started back OP as of today. I'm looking forward to losing and know that I can do it. However, I must remind myself that I didn't gain it all in a day so it isn't going to come off in a day.

I plan on increasing my water intake and also starting exercise. Just don't know what type of exercise I want to start on.

For breakfast I had Yogurt and a piece of cheese. I'm excited about my lunch today - Taco Soup. Nummy.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #5  

Judy -- re the pep talk: you're welcome, I'm glad it helped. Sometimes airing out your troubles can make a world of difference when it comes to managing them. I had a good day away from work, and I feel so organized now. I am looking forward to the party...I need to go to Bookman's (our local used media store) and grab some games for the party. That's our main activity -- eat and games. So I will need lots of veggies and fruit to fill me up. Anyway, it sounds like you are doing all the right things and getting back on track in many ways

Bandit -- I'm glad you're having good weather. Remind me, are you doing core? If not, WW has two lasagna recipes posted on their website that look quite tasty, since you're looking for recipes.

Dori -- I don't think we know each other, but it's nice to meet you, and good to see you back on track

Ladies -- doing well on the eating track. I had a co-worker tell me off, and not only did I maintain my control, I did not do much stress-related eating (I stopped at a 2-point Starbucks Caramel Frappucino Light, and ate it slowly.) I ranted to my friend, and I felt better afterwards. I didn't make it to the gym, I found out late in the day that my mother's Aunt passed away. Nobody I knew well, but I had to come home and make all of the familial calls before it got too late (they live in Joliet, not 2 hours from Chicago, so they're 2-3 hours ahead.) I'm fine, I barely knew the woman. But I feel bad for my Mom and her cousin.

Anyway, I'm going to do 30 minutes of post-processing on some wedding photos (not my own), and then see to dinner. Have a good night, ladies.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #6  

Hi turtles:

Ariana - I am still following flex & going to Tops for support & accountability.
Much cheaper than WW for weekly meetings & WW keeps increasing their fees and really pushing their own products - so time for a much needed change.

So is eveyone happy about the new President?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I don't have time to respond right now, but I want to keep in touch.
I missed last week's WI at WW's and today I went and was up 1#. I am on track and doing well. I've got to keep doing that.
Take care and be well. We['ll get this conquered yet.
Judy
Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! It has been so long since I have been able to post! My new job is going well, it is very stressful but it is a job so I am counting my blessings! I miss you all very much but the security at my new job is tight so I am not able to get on line there unless it is company related so it is only when I have a minute when I get home. My drive home takes sooooo long! The morning drive is not too bad but coming home it is terrible. oh well, again, at least I have a job.

My eating is terrible right now and exercise is basically nothing at all. I am going to get back on track and back on plan as of this coming Saturday... no more excuses and I will have two weeks in at my new job so things hopefully will get back into a pattern again.

I don't have time to go back and get caught up on the old posts but I did wanted to stop in and say hello!

Take care everyone and I will try and get back on line more often!

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #9  
Chick

Hi All,
Princess, so glad to hear from you. We understand the stress you're under and we're sending : and a to keep in touch. So glad your job is working out and that you have one! I know you'll be right back on track very soon. You'll plan and prepare and get it all together. Maybe you'll even get out one of your DVDs for exercise.

I better follow my own advice. I've got things planned for tonight and tomorrow which is my dh's and the family is coming in. We're going to order take out which makes my life easier than cooking. I'm planning ahead for Thanksgiving and for Christmas and I've been doing more baby sitting than usual so I've got to make good use of my time.
Okay--I've gotta run, but everybody keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Old 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #10  

Hi turtles

Princess - nice to see you back posting again & great you are doing well with your new job. In time, you will be back focussed on your eating/exercising and will be back on track.

Judy - sounds like you are doing great with your planning ahead. Keep up the good work.

I was down .75# this week and was monthly Biggest Loser for October at Tops with a total loss of 6# - & received a charm, so that was nice.

I went swimming/hot-tub this afternoon with my neighbour and that felt great after raking more leaves.

Have a dinner out with my ladies group tonight - so have to make good choices for that.

Have a great OP weekend!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, what great news about losing the 6# and being top loser for the month! : You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Last night five of us in the family went to see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall with the Rockettes. It was so much fun. We try to go every year and this year was as much fun as ever. Today we're celebrating my dh's and one of our dd's and our grandson will sleep over so it'll be a busy weekend.
I've got points in mind, and I'm certainly going to be drinking more water.

Good luck to everybody!
Judy
Old 11-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #12  

I had all of these typed replies written out. And I lost them. And I don't have time to retype them.

::banging head on desk::

So, I read everything everybody said and just imagine the encouraging and congratulatory and friendly things I said, k? I have a party tonight at my house, go to go pick up the cake and some chips (incl some baked chips for me) and cups and plates. Have a big fruit platter and a big veggie platter from CostCo. So that will help mitigate the junk and munchies hopefully. Going to play games, so that could help keep my hands and my mind off the junkie.

Anyway, must dash. ::hugs:: everyone
Old 11-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #13  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Ariana for such good plans for your party. I hope you had a great time and stayed OP.

This past weekend I ate close to program and yet "gained" four pounds. What I am realizing now (since all the "gained weight" came off in one day of strict OP) is that the salt in restaurant food really does me in. I have two choices: 1.eat much less restaurant food or 2.not weigh myself at the end of a weekend with lots of social activities. I am thrilled that the artificial weight gain is gone, but that still doesn't get me closer to weight loss. What I decided to do today is to keep on Flex, but use Core foods. I know this will result in a weight loss. Those of you who have been in this group for a while know that I keep mentioning Core, but I didn't have the gumption to do it. I didn't want to give up the breads and treats that aren't on the Core list. However today things clicked into place and I'll give this a try. Wish me luck.

and to all of us who are trying hard during this holiday season.
Judy
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #14  

Wink

Judy: Thanks for the encouragement. I cannot honestly tell you I even tracked points last week. I had another bout with insomnia that knocked me to my knees. I have hypothyroidism, and I have yet to find a medicine whose side-effects I can tolerate, so any significant sleep deprivation starts a cascading effect that leaves me useless. After even one night of decreased sleep, I end up "too tired" to workout, which makes it harder to sleep that night, and it kicks off a cycle. My new strategy when I feel that wiped is to go to a nearby park for a walk; it's about a 1-hour loop, fairly well lit and densely populated. Walking is a low-intensity exercise, and it did help me sleep.

I feel better this week, and I am endeavoring to get back on track and stay on track with my exercise, which helps me sleep. Sleeping better makes it easier to resist temptation.

You ladies may remember that tracking points is my biggest weakness. Well, I've tracked consistently for two days...not much, but it's a start. I did spin class tonight too. So. Getting there.

Judy, I am glad to hear the temporary gain went away. Restaurant food is AMAZINGLY high in salt. I bet you if you could find a vegan or vegetarian place, the results might be better. Just a thought. At any rate, I've heard good things about doing flex with core foods, and I wish you the best of luck. You have a good attitude and a sound approach, developing strategies and focusing on moving forward.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Take care, post when you can.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #15  

Morning, turtles:

Judy - Hoping your flex with core foods works for you. Sometimes changing things up really help. Bread is also one of my weaknesses, but if you make allowances for it, it should not be a problem.

Ariana - Good job on your tracking. That really makes a difference for me.
I keep my food journal with me all the time & have no problem with it.
It has become one of my "good habits".

As for myself, I think I have done well this week. I ordered salmon on my night out with my ladies group, and skipped the bread basket & dessert.
Hoping for a weight loss tonight at Tops.

Hope all the rest of you turtles are doing great!