Old 11-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Ariana,
you're doing great. Insomnia is a toughie, but look at how well you're handling it. for getting to spin class and tracking!

Bandit, good luck at Tops tonight. :

I did fine this week and turned around my gains. I lost 1.2# even though it was the weekend of my dh's Now I need to keep this going and get to where I want to be, one pound at a time.

Good luck to us all and : to all the Turtles.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #17  

Bandit: good evening. Thanks for the encouragement. I know tracking is one of my biggest challenges. I'm working on it. I'm impressed that you skipped the bread basket and desert. You are a woman of willpower! Good luck with your WI.

All: Well, I am on day 3 of tracking. I had a bad night last night, my humidifier sounds like a jet engine, I tried to sleep without it for one night. Bad idea. Woke up every hour. Too wiped for the gym, but I walked for an hour at the park tonight. I can barely keep my eyes open now. Going to take a shower and go to sleep I am EXHAUSTED. Take care ladies. Be well.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 PM   #18  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hello, turtles -- just a quickie here. Big applause for doing so well, tracking, watching points, doing that exercise! Bandit -- the biggest loser, good for you!

I hit Onederland a couple of weeks ago, which felt so good. It's been too long. Still chugging along on my plan. Haven't yet incorporated exercise, which is the next big step. My foot seems to finally be mending, so I'm hoping to start up soon. Not sure why i find it so hard to get motivated there; I always feel better when I move.

Big hugs to you all, and have a lovely day. You look fabulous!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:56 AM   #19  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Lauren, and and : for being firmly into onederland.
Your scale is going in the right direction and I am so happy for you. Just as I was going to get back on the , I hurt my left knee and am not considering any exercise right now. When I heal, I'll give it a try again. Are you able to do arm exercises while your foot heals? Thanks for chiming in and giving us encouragement and an update.

Ariana, I'm sending you : for some sleep! You're doing great.

Bandit, How did Tops go last night? :

Princess, we're all thinking of you. :

Judy
Old 11-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Ariana - glad you are working on your tracking. It is soooooo easy to
"forget" things & they sure add up quickly - good for you. Thanks for your
encouraging words.

Lauren - WOW, onderland! That is great - good for you!! Inspiration for us all.

Judy - nice job on turning around that gain - you are heading in the right
direction. Keep it going!

Princess - how you doing?

As for myself, I was down 3.25# last night at Tops so was extremely happy with that. Received charm that reads "Consective Loser" for October winner so that was nice. I am down 15# since joining & happy with that.

Good luck everyone this week & lets all stay on track!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #21  
Chick

Bandit, : to the max! My goodness, you are doing an incredibly great job on this weight loss journey. I am so inspired and happy for you.
and what I have noticed is that although you're trying hard and really watching everything you do, you aren't complaining or bemoaning anything. You're handling this great. Weigh to go! Yay

Judy
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #22  
Chick

Just checking in to let you know that my Core/Flex plan is working. I've got the weekend coming up, but luckily I don't have big social activities this weekend and I should be able to concentrate on weight loss.

Take it easy, have fun, drink your water----and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #23  

Hi turtles:

Judy - thanks for the congrats and am so glad your ww plan is working for you. Keep it going, girl!

Weekends are always challenging, but lets do the best we can & plan ahead.

I went swimming this a.m. and that was fun & abit of exercise to start the day. Going to bingo this evening with my mom & hoping for another win.

Everyone, have a great weekend!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Saturday! Not too much is new with me, the job is going OK, not great but ok. As for my weight loss, well now that is just a sad story all together, last week I just did not do well. But, today is the start of a new week and I am going to head to the grocery store today and get stocked up on point friendly foods and get my butt in gear. I think it would help everything if I could just get myself mentally back on track with the eating and get some walks in.

I have to get caught up on everyone posts, sorry I have been so out of it lately, but I have high hopes for the future!

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #25  

Ladies: Well, my hit was hurting quite a bit, so I didn't work out Thursday. That makes only 2 times for the week. But I have been tracking since Monday morning, and ::Gasp:: I'm into Saturday and still tracking. Usually I concede defeat by Friday evening. I even managed to stay pretty much on point yesterday. I went out to a "desert parlor" and had a piece of pie. I couldn't find it in the points book, but a 3 inch square piece of cake is 12 points, and this thing was 3" sq, so I'm hoping that was close enough. Anyway, I had 25 points for te day under the Wendy plan, and I managed to save those 12 for the end of the day and desert. My only concern is that I may have accrued another 2 unrecorded points for BLT's (Bites Licks and Tastes"), but it's still a remarkable thing for me, tracking points until a Friday night and saving 12 points for the big piece of pie. Normally I would have exhausted all of my points and had the pie anyway. So, making progress! Having 36 points today on the Wendie plan, it's my Super High Day (whee!) but I'm going to try to save most of my points for a dinner and movie date. I'll also try to drink my required water today, which I haven't been stellar at thus far. Also, I'm going to tick those BLT's -- I guess the program says we get 5 freebies, so I'll do it that way)

Wish me luck ladies. Saturdays are dangerous for me. But I think I just might make it.

Lauren: congrats again on hitting onederland. Glad to hear your foot is mending. When it comes to exercise, start small and give yourself credit for any exercise you can do. Building a habit is as important, if not more important than the exercise itself. Once it's a habit, you'll probably finding yourself automatically challenging yourself and getting better and stronger. If you have a place to walk, go for it. If you feel that's too easy, and you have a local Curves, they're a great intermediary between working out at home and a gym. You can do it!

Judy: Thanks for the :: ! ;D

Bandit: Thanks, I'm working on the tracking. It's hard, but I'm doing it. Kudos on the swimming and good luck on the bingo. Congrats on being a "Consecutive Loser" too!

Princess: sorry to hear you are having some challenges, but you have a good attitude, and I can see you are preparing yourself for success. Keep at it!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #26  

Ariana - fabulous job on the tracking. Good for you - all your effort will really pay off & I find just writing things down keeps me focussed and when I have things I really shouldn't at least I am aware of it. If I have a bad week (which we all do at times) I can look back and pinpoint the problem.

Princess - nice to see you back with us and hoping your job gets better for you. You have done great in the past & and sure you can get back on track and inspire us all again.

Judy - hope you are having a nice weekend.

We didn't win at bingo but was nice going with my mom and catching up on the week. Went to singles dance last night with neighbours and that was fun. There were alot of couples there, which I found strange but we still danced lots. And there was a hot buffet at 11 that I passed up. Figured I was having lots of points with the coolers I didn't need to eat as well. Overall, a fun night.

Today I am looking through recipes & will make chicken later for dinner. Want to make some soup to go with my lunches since it is getting cold up here.

Have a nice Sunday, everyone.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #27  

Bandit: thanks for the encouragement. Glad you had fun at bingo even if you didn't win. I admire your willpower with the buffet.

Ladies: Well, I made it all the way to Sunday at bedtime with counting points. I haven't been able to do that in months. I even managed to eat out 3x this weekend and count points. But I crashed and burned a bit today. Woke up feeling awful, the side-effects of the flu shot I think. Could barely eat. Finally regained my appetite a bit by lunch. Ended up eating Church's chicken (junk! junk! junk!) for lunch. Then I kept munching. Lots of stress at work too. But I am going to forgive myself because I was sick. My resistance was really low. I could barely think. Starting over again tomorrow. I made it through this weekend very well, so I am quite proud of that. Back on the horse, as they say.

Hope you're all having a good Monday.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #28  
Chick

Ariana, weigh to go with all your tracking!

Hey, I've gotta run, but I was away all weekend--turned out my "unplanned" weekend got planned because my ds upstate needed me to help out. Very complicated, but I was stressed out and lost my appetite for probably the first time in my life. Egads. In any case, lots of work and helping out plus little food (and very good choices) seems to have led to a weight loss. I'm weighing in tomorrow so I'll let you know.
God Bless
Judy
Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #29  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Judy, I'm sorry you had a stressful weekend, but congrats on eating right! Hope you're rewarded with a loss, but even if you aren't, I know weekends are tough for you so you should pat yourself on the back.

Ariana, way to go on tracking for a whole week! I know what a big accomplishment that is. For some reason, I have sometimes gone off the wagon after a big success, too. I don't really know why that is. Good for you, getting remotivated. That's what it's all about, isn't it? You just keep picking yourself back up, the sooner the better.

Thanks for the exercise encouragement. About Curves ... the sad thing is that I've had a membership there for the past year and have barely used it! I was going regularly until I hurt my foot, then returned briefly and tore my rotator cuff. Soooo ... I haven't been back in months. I keep meaning to try again and see what happens. Maybe I'll break a hip! (Just kidding)

Bandit, you're doing great! I'm so impressed with how you handle social events.

Princess, {{HUGS}}.

Not much new to report here. I've found myself eating a teensy bit more lately, usually in the form of fruit. Sounds innocuous enough, but the weight loss has slowed as a result. So I'm cutting back again. I really have to watch myself like a hawk, or the portions creep back up.

Had to go buy a new winter coat because the old one is just too big now. Nice problem to have, but I was reluctant to buy the new one because I'm hoping it won't fit next year. I checked out the thrift stores, but nada. And then it snowed. So I caved in and bought a new coat -- long and wool. It's cold up here in Michigan!

Have a lovely week, turtles!
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #30  

Morning, turtles:

Getting cold up here - had to break down & wear my winter jacket this past week.

Sounds like everyone is doing great, so keep up the good work.

I have Tops tonight & will find out who won the Halloween contest.
I am hoping to not have a gain this week. Thought I was doing good, but I guess overdid the alcohol Sat night since the scale showed a gain Mon a.m.
I have been on track since & hoping to at least stay the same. But, will see later.

What's on everyone's menu? Tomorrow we are having crab cakes and garbanzo bean salad & of course, wine.

Last night I made the "mashed cauliflower" and it was good. Added some cheese & that made it quite tasty.

Have a great OP day!