Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 08:14 AM   #1  
banned

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE~Saturday, April 20

Good morning PINKIES

Coffee is brewin' and water is on for tea! I'll be back in just a few.

What does everyone have planned for today!?
Old 04-20-2002, 08:34 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Talking Goooood morning!

Good mornin'...<pouring myself a cup of java>...just got back from WW and I'm happy to say that my weigh-in was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I did have to re-join after all--I couldn't find my membership book--I didn't realize it had been that long since I had been there. My daughter met me there. Both of us are gungho to lose this weight and we've promised each other that we're going to get to goal no matter what. Of course...and thankfully...she doesn't have to lose as much as I do. We didn't talk about our weight with each other--the specifics--but we know what we've got to do.

Emmy, ohmigosh I had forgotten about Zero's Subs...I wonder if they are just as good as they were back then? Perhaps I shouldn't find out...if you know what I mean? Don't worry, if I ask you a question and you don't answer it--I'll just ask again! I'm glad you found us and are back at the cafe!

Judy, thanks for opening up this morning! How ya doin'?
Old 04-20-2002, 08:49 AM   #3  
banned

Talking

I'm back!

Good morning Gail. I'm doing okay... considering it's Saturday and I have to work....blech. Tomorrow will be a quieter day for me.
So glad to hear that you and Amy are doing this together. I enjoyed it while Teri was doing it with me too. Amy did really good the last time she was on WW, didn't she?
How is little miss Amanda?

Looks like I missed saying goodbye to Christine. Hope the weather holds up for her!

emmy How are you doing today? I've been to Smith Mountain Lake! Absolutely gorgeous there! That's where Dirty Dancing was filmed, wasn't it? We like to do some camping here too...usually end up along the river....some pretty area there. One time last year we got permission to use someone's land, right one the river, plush green grass, huge trees.... we usually plan camping trips with a band of friends, like a big hippy commune or something.
Don't worry about not remembering what everyone posts... I probably one of the worse for forgetting things.

Which brings me to the question... WHO HAS WEIGH IN TODAY? Good luck! Let us know how you do?

to all the PINKIES

I'd better get moving.... still not fully awake.

Everyone have a GREAT OP day! I'm hoping to be able to check in later this evening.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:46 AM   #4  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Good Morning Pinkies!!

Thanks for opening up the cafe this morningHC .Sorry you have to work today. So do I. So I understand how you feel. I think "Dirty Dancing" was filmed at Mountain Lake which is past Blacksburg. We are between Bedford and Roanoke. You are near VPI aren't you? Hope your day speeds by!

Gail... I know you are feeeling great about starting over! I am feeling very in control today. I am glad your weigh in wasn't as bad as you were expecting.

Gotta run DH needs the puter for work....

Oh Yeah went to MickeyD's for the kids and I got all sorts of biscuits and hotcakes...but I got a snack size fruitnyogurt parfait! I looked it up and a reg size is 8pts so i am figuring 4 ...what do y'all think???

Bye for now
emmy
Old 04-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon Pinkies Just stopping to say "hi" to everyone. I was out the doors at 8am, only to get upset with the Meinke, has a line/waiting list this am. She never told me yesterday when I called, I could put my name on the list So, I went to yard sales... got a phone w/answering machine, hand mixer, toaster, broom vacuum (for dd) and 2 WW cookbooks...Yes, I am getting ready to move...slowing.. Looked at the apt today, too much $$$ and he won't be the type of landlord I would like.

Gail-Glad to hear it went well at WW this am. I did really bad at the baseball game last night. Kids didn't want their hotdogs, so guess who ate them. Enjoy your afternoon and hope you foot is better.

Judy-Thanks for opening this am, I have to be at work in an hour... I guess I better get off and shower and get going. Hope you day goes fast.

Emmy-What type of job do you have? I work for the state as a secretary..."Secretary's week" is coming up See you later.

Ok, where is everyone else? Hope you all have an OP day. I hope to get home in time to walk tonight. see everyone later...
Old 04-20-2002, 05:37 PM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down Early Evening

A storm is headed my way so I have to make this quick...

I had a wonderful day today with my girls. We went to a health, beauty, and fitness fair. Got a lot of free stuff! No sample sizes for anything...ohmigosh there is a robin on my window sill--just looked outside!...anyway, I got Power Bars, Luna Bars, Nutrigrain bars in just about every flavor! I got free Almay make up and moisturizer. Free bottles of Advil and Tylenol PM. Stuff to check to see if you have a urinary infection--pills for that...pills for yeast infection, and a huge bottle of cranberry pills for urinary tract...Bonne Bell lip glosses in 5 flavors...all kinds of lotions, shampoos, conditioners, Clinique self tanner, hair gels, hair spray, cold packs, the new whitening strips for teeth, battery operated tooth brush, tee shirts, you name it and I probably got it. It was like trick or treating at Halloween! Then we went out to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays and of course Amy and I stayed on program (salad bar--stayed away from the end that have the mayo/pasta salads) and then I found two knit pullover tops for work (red and black) on sale! I walked too much and I'm paying for that now--my foot hurts like the dickens!

Pat, I'm sorry it didn't work out with the apartment but that rent was high! You are doing so wonderfully on program you will reverse bank those hot dogs you ate last night--I'm sure you will. Wow--you're really starting to collect the stuff for that day you will be moving out!

Emmy, don't you just love that McDonald's Yogurt and Fruit Parfait?! I love it! You're doing great--keep it up! Doesn't it feel great to be in control?

Judy, yes Amy did very well last time although she didn't get to goal but she almost did! She swears she's getting to goal this time and she's dragging me with her...although I told her she won't be dragging me--I'll be right there alongside her! We had a great time this morning at WW. Are you ready for this? AMANDA HAS A BLACK EYE! Its not really that bad looking but she most definitely has a black eye--I even took a picture of her this morning--hope the picture turns out! She was climbing onto a bar stool at the breakfast bar in their kitchen and once she was up there she decided she wanted down and down she goes and hits her face on the side of the barstool next to her's! She's my little !

Storm is definitely coming my way....getting off the computer NOW...
Closed Thread