Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 06:41 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down PINK FLAMINGO CAFE - Friday, April 19

<peeking inside> No Emmy...she left...the place looks spotless--thanks Emmy for closing up for us! Sounds like you might live near Fredericksburg or Williamsburg or somewhere in that area? I have relatives in Richmond. And I go to Williamsburg about every other year--my oldest daughter and I love history and growing up in Virginia Beach you probably know that all field trips in grade school were taken to Jamestown, Williamsburg, and Richmond! Did you start the program?

I'm just gonna go over here and start some coffee...anyone?

Be back in a minute...
Old 04-19-2002, 07:08 AM   #2  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default GOOD MORNING!!

Gee it seems like I just left.....I would love a cup of that coffee ....thanks so much.

Yes I am close to Richmond....about 20 minutes South AND close to Williamsburg....about 45 min away. It's a little town/city called Colonial Heights and it is just across the river from Petersburg which is known for Civil War History.

I did not OFFICIALLY start yesterday although I tried to be careful with what I ate. I had a luncheon meeting at Old Country Buffet<big groan>
but I did well...lots of no point veggie salad..baked chicken , small amt of butter beans and green beans and a 1/2 baked potato..no butter just broccoli. That was lots better than I would have done I went to the store and bough light Turkey breast and I am off to make a sanwhich for work now.....

so better run ......thanks for the coffee and have agreat OP Day today!!!

emmy ]
Old 04-19-2002, 07:16 AM   #3  

Morning. I see this place is spotless.

Judy - Those Pink drinks sound interesting. Are you off work today?

Gail -

Emmy - Good to see you this morning. Remember you don't have to wait to start. And you did reall good yesterday at the buffet. I hope I do half as good as lunch today. <sigh>

Well ladies I stepped on the scale this morning. Up 2lbs. I'm relatively calm, my head is spinning but I won't bore you with all my why's and whatfors. Almost makes a person want to give up walking in this heat for nothing you know?

Well believe it or not I'm getting mydesk cleared off some. Still plenty to do but it's getting cleaner. Maybe I'm becoming more organized......NOT! LOL

Everyone have a great OP day. I'm at 3 points so far.

Last edited by MrsDomino; 04-19-2002 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-19-2002, 07:23 AM   #4  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down

Don't you dare give up Christine! A lot of people when first starting to exercise gain weight. YOU CAN DO THIS. One meal at a time. (((HUG)))

Emmy, well good mornin' to you! You did very well at the buffet (we have that restaurant in my area too) yesterday! Give yourself a pat on the back for that! I know your area...and yes I've heard of Colonial Heights. Do you ever get to Virginia Beach?

Later...
Old 04-19-2002, 07:41 AM   #5  

Oh No Gail I'm not giving up. I was just talking about giving up the walking and that was really only just talk. I like walking. Although I have a luncheon date today and won't be walking. I'll get it in over the weekend at camp. Honestly though, my pants are looser and maybe it's inches I've lost this week and not lbs. It'll catch up, all I need to do is to continue to be consistent and keep walking. I'll get there. Whoever said you can't get there from here was wrong! LOL
Old 04-19-2002, 08:51 AM   #6  

Christine {{{hugs}}} Sorry to hear about your gain, but it might be muscle, muscle weighs more and that is why the scale is moving up, you have been walking more. You know if you need to talk to me, I'm here (other side of the floor), but I'm here. Enjoy your lunch and shake it off, we are in this for the good and bad, just like any marriage... well, for anyone that is married... maybe that will be for me one day... ... Oh, just got the e-mail, WW is rolling over for the next 13 weeks. Starting back up on the 8th of May, so I have one week of no meetings, and yes, we got a different leader...

Gail Good morning, hope you have a wonderful Friday and that your foot isn't hurting, and don't kick your dd when you see her tomorrow cause of her comments We don't want to hear what she would call you after you did it... They are talking about putting a WW office in downtown Harrisburg, which would be nice to go and get and look at all the different things they have to offer.

Emmy WOW, do you want to come clean my place? You did such a wonderful job last night. How old are your boys? Jeremiah turned 4 in Dec and Makayla turned 3 on 31st of March. DD will be 24 the end of June. We are going to the baseball game tonight (grandkids). I got free tickets, and dd wants to go to the movies with her friends, so it worked out, as long as it doesn't rain... other wise, we might go shopping or to the movies. ($2 ones)...

Well I better ger some work done, and go get my ice for my water for the morning. I did't bring my lunch today, but going to get a salad. Going to walk at lunchtime too.

Good morning everyone else... rise and shine
TGIF
Old 04-19-2002, 09:21 AM   #7  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down Gonna be another hot one today...

Well, for once its nice to get to the office. My morning started well...Special K w/Red Berries w/1% low fat milk (4 points). Its going to be a morning of drinking water--it feels like summer outside and I don't drink coffee in the summer...whether I'm inside an air-conditioned building or not. Don't ask me to explain--I know I'm strange. Thankfully, its Friday and tonight I'm going grocery shopping. Last night I went through my cookbooks to find a couple of new recipes to start the week off. If the new recipes I use are any good I'll post them here.

Does anyone watch Survivor? I think Joyce and Sharon do. What did y'all think about John being voted off?! Didn't y'all think Sean was going to be voted off?! I really think even he was surprised! Heather and I were on the phone during the commercials last night and we had a blast talking about the show!

Pat, are you talking about a WW Center coming to Harrisburg? That would be great--less expensive for you too. You can pay as you go instead of all at once up front. Not to mention easy access to all the products. Perhaps Christine could go with you then.

Well...gotta go do some work...
Old 04-19-2002, 09:26 AM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

...and Christine, I know you would never give up! Take it one day at a time...that is all any of us can do. And you will lose inches...
Old 04-19-2002, 09:48 AM   #9  

Gail We have several centers in the Harrisburg area, but they are talking about an office in downtown (inner city). Which would be great. Can always go in and get WW goodies, cookbooks, scales, etc.... I was working last night, so I didn't see any TV...

Better get my payroll stuff done, and yes, I just enter all the leave onto calanders and enter the info into the computer system for payroll.

~~Pat~~
Old 04-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #10  

Pat - That's nice that they got enough to go another round. I just wish they didn't ask for all the money up front.

Gail - I had a bagel from breakfast, untoast and unadorned. LOL 3 points and holding. But I'm going out to lunch with friends. I usually get salad though so I'll do my best. I'm hungry.

You know it's funny, I'm dissapointed about that gain. But I'm not kickin' screamin' cryin' about it. I think it's because I know that I did good this week and I know I walked lots and my body I think must be protesting or something. I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing and it'll go away sooner or later.

Ok off to lunch. Wish me luck. LOL

p.s. I wish I was with Joyce, she's off today!
Old 04-19-2002, 11:28 AM   #11  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!

How is everyone? I have another busy day here. I will probably be taking some work home this weekend. Oh well, I will just work on it when I feel like it. Less pressure.

Emmy, I didn't get a chance to say hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy being with us.

Talk to you all later!!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:03 PM   #12  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Thumbs down Whats everyone eating at lunchtime?

It's almost lunch time for me and I can't wait. Well I can wait; I have to.

I know Christine is going out to lunch--you're doing great--you know what to order!

I'm having a very big sandwich for 4 points: tavern ham w/lite mayo, lots of lettuce, sliced tomato on regular high fiber bread--very filling...and LOTS OF CELERY, CARROTS AND CHERRY TOMATOES...and an apple...total of 5 points for lunch. Drinkin' my water too.

Sharon, I think that stinks that you have to take work home with you this weekend! Remember to take some breaks!

Joyce, I hope you're having fun today on your day off!

Pat, you have today off also...don't you? I just remembered that you don't work on Fridays!

Christine, that's the attitude! Remember its just a number on the scale--it will come off! Trust me.
Old 04-19-2002, 12:09 PM   #13  

Gail NO, I'm at work, I have every 4th Friday off. I have flex schedule, 3 weeks I work an extra 1/2 per day and the 4th week, I work regular 7 1/2 days and have Friday off... works for me... last 2 months spent the Friday with Mike Lunch... I am so hungry today... had multi-cheerios for breakfast with an orange, and 14 oz of tea... going with a friend for lunch, since Christine is off with her friends...

Sharon I hope they pay you good for taking work home... don't forget to have some fun this weekend...

Guess what next week is??? It's secretary's week... I wonder what I will get this year??? I did very well last year... Gift Cert to Hechts', Olive Garden and very beautiful flower arrangement...

See everyone after lunch...

~~Pat
Old 04-19-2002, 12:58 PM   #14  
I will do it this time

No pay, the schools can't afford it. I do get comp time.
Old 04-19-2002, 01:54 PM   #15  

Ok I'm back from lunch and I need help deciding what to point my meal out at. Can you help me please............

Salmon Ceasar Salad

Lots of lettuce (different kinds)
approx. 3 oz. of Salmon - 3 points?
croutons - ?
ceasar salad dressing, figure it at full fat - ? (tell me what a serving size is and how many points and I'll figure out how to count it)

Thanks.

Gail - Do you have a Weis Markets? It's funny at our Weis Markets Deli they have come out with a promotion to counter-act the Subway 6 grams and under menu. They have brochures made up that give the WW Points for each sandwich and how nutritious Deli sandwiches can be. I've thought about picking up one of the brochures. LOL

Sharon - Thank you for that e-mail. You find the cutest stuff. Comp time is GOOD! I always like that. Alas I never get overtime but if I did comp time is what I'd go for.

Pat - I"m sorry I abandoned you today. I don't know...the way you talk to some of your guys...you may get coal for Professionals Day. Gosh this means I need to get something for Shirley. <sigh> Any suggestions?

Ok, I've got work to do. Catch you later. I'm leaving to go to camp later tonight, but I'll post before I go and then I probably won't be back until Sunday late. Don't forget me while I'm gone. LOL
Closed Thread