Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 11:32 PM   #1  

Default Tgif!!!!

OK-This is my first time trying to start a thread! hope it works...
Old 04-18-2002, 11:42 PM   #2  

Default It worked!!

Hi everyone-remember me?? i have been seriously MIA-but I had a good excuse-I was getting married!!! Got back form the honeymoon in Jamaica last night-ten wonderful, relaxing days, and i am off till Monday...
So, what to say? First, hello to everyone! I can't even try to catch up on a month's worth of posts...so-I hope everyone is doing well!
The wedding was AWESOME-the best day of my life-everything was great! I still haven't seen any pictures though-since we just got back...but i took off the week before the wedding and was really relaxed all week-got a little nervous walking down the aisle....but otherwise we had a great time! it was really neat that all of those people went out of their way to come see us get married and share in the special day
Of course, i have been sorely off program for about 3-4 weeks now-I won't even step on the scale after ten days at an all you can eat all inclusive! I actually did Ok food-wise-It was the alcohol that was killer-one pina colada at least, every day! i'm guessing about a five pound weight gain-we'll see. i'm going back to WW though! Want to make goal weight by the summertime!
i did well today-ate about 23 points....tomorrow i will exersize. the good thing about the all inclusive is that there are lots of activities that involve exersizing-i tried to do some form of aerobic exersize every day ( not only that kind, those of you with dirty minds! ) I played tennis, went waterskiing, scuba diving, ran a few times, and even worked out with a personal trainer-who kicked my ***, BTW. that was really funny-he kept saying "Lift it, mon!" in his jamaican accent-and all i could do was laugh!
Anyhow-hope everyone is doing well! (And that you guys remember me!)
bye-more later
Old 04-19-2002, 09:04 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Lori--Congratulations on your wedding!!! It souds like you had a wonderful time, I'm very envious! And yes, we remember you!! It's good to have you back.

Not much happening here. Yesterday was a pretty NON-WW day, like I said in my post yesterday and it continued to stay that way after I left work. On the brighter side, I worked out last night, so maybe with the activity points my day wasn't so bad. One thing I have learned with WW is portion control. I did a really good job yesterday (when I was pigging out) of controlling my portions. I knew I wanted a homemade sausage so I just took one. There was chicken down there that I wanted, too, but I only took the sausage. I took a small helping of potato salad, even though I wanted more because I knew it would be super-yummy. So, at least when I go overboard it's not too bad.

I have to share this with you guys--I'm currently reading a book called Jemima J. It's about this overweight girl (she weighs 204 and is 5'7", so I don't think that's all that heavy, but they make her out to be an enormous cow but that's not my point) who works for a newspaper in London. She meets this guy online and works really hard to lose weight so she can go meet him. Anyway, it's a super-good book, even if I don't agree with them saying that 204 lbs is enormous.

Also, I have a question for all of you ladies--do you find that when you feel that you look good--nicely dressed, makeup all done, etc., that it's easier to stay OP? I always find that it's easier--I figure I've got everything else together, why not get that together too? The only problem is that I just cannot make myself get up early enough to get ready like that. Anyone have any ideas on things that motivate you to get out of bed early enough to look nice? I could sure use the help...

OK, I'm gonna get some stuff finished here. Will check back in later.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:12 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Everbody -

Has anyone else had trouble accessing this site? I've had so much trouble the last two days.

Welcome Lexxy - I'm a recent lurker turned poster as well. And I'll bet that I can beat you in the world's most boring job category. Oh well, it pays the bills while I consider what I want to be when I grow up.

Hi Lori - nice to "meet" you. I'm so glad to hear about the fabulous time you had on your honeymoon and that you enjoyed the resort. I work in what my company likes to term "the vacation industry" so I always appreciate hearing that people had a great resort vacation.

Jess - First of all, congratulations on managing your portion control on a challenging eating day. I think it is a real accomplishment. It would have been a lot easier to let yourself eat as much of any item as you wanted. Secondly, I completely agree that it is much easier to stay OP when you feel good about your appearance. I actually find myself making more of an effort with my appearance each morning now that I have lost a few pounds. Previously, I used to think in the back of my mind "I'm fat - it is all people ever notice about me - no one will notice if I'm not wearing make-up or my shirt isn't tucked in." Since I've lost the weight, I find myself thinking " So I'm a little overweight, no one will notice if my hair is clean and shiny and styled and I put on a little lipstick." Not that this rambling helps you with motiviation much. For motivation, try thinking along these lines - you obviously respect yourself enough to work at making healthy food choices and to work out - making an effort with your appearance is just another way of showing self-respect to the rest of the world.

Alright ladies - a little advice please - I've been invited by some co-workers to go for drinks tonight. I accepted because it doesn't seem like a bad career move to be friendly with my colleagues. However, I'm not much of a drinker. I probably only have a drink every 6 months or so and then usually only a beer or glass of wine. Any ideas on something fun to drink that isn't massive points and won't have me falling on the floor after one sip?

Hello to everyone one else. I'd list you all by name but I'm afraid I'm still learning them and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving them out.

Kind Regards,

Winter
Old 04-19-2002, 10:32 AM   #5  

Angry

Hi Lori ~ Welcome back, glad the wedding was wonderful. I just watched my wedding tapes a couple of nights ago, first time in 5 1/2 years, man do DH and I look young!!!!!

Jess ~ As far as looking good. I got my hair cut real short, kind of a Meg Ryan do, and it takes me 10 minutes to do in the morning, very cute, young looking (hey I am almost 31, need all the help I can get!!) and it saves me loads of time, since I have to get myself and two children ready in the morning. Think about getting a "do" that is easy to maintain, then just apply some makeup, that shouldn't take more than 5 minutes!!

Winter ~ I would stick with beer, it is 2 points for light. I think mixed drinks tend to get you loopier faster!!! When I am out with colleagues (a group I don't want to get tanked in front of!) I usually will have a glass of wine (2 pts) or beer, and then the next one have a glass of diet soda, that way I dont drink too much, and save on the points. Just a thought.

Where is everyone, its Friday, you can't do any actual "work" today!!! Come out and play!!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:35 AM   #6  

Angry

Update on me: I have been OP for two weeks straight. And, I have walked on my treadmill each night too and have been drinking 70+ oz of water each day. I feel good, in control!!!!!

I have a tan appt tonight and a busy weekend spring cleaning. I will feel so good when my house is completely cludder free!!!
Old 04-19-2002, 11:36 AM   #7  
Parrothead

Default I wanna play!

Hi everyone! Its friday and time to play! Welcome back Lori. So glad you wedding and honeymoon went well. DH and I are starting to plan a trip for out 2 year in October. I can't believe its gone so fast. It's been super fun! Don't worry about the weight gain. I gained so much on the hm.

Tonya ~ Way to go OP! You are totally motivating me. You just reminded me that I want to go tanning. Maybe I'll join for a couple of months. I just hate going into the tanning salons because they try to rope me into the year membership and I end up shelling out a ton of cash. By we have a wedding to go to in May and I want to get a little color.

Hi Jess ~ Don't worry about the non-WW times. I have been struggling a lot lately. I am suprised I haven't gained a lot of weight since I have been eating 30-35 points a day with no exercise. That book sounds interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up for my next flight.

Welcome Winter and Lexxi!

Hi all the regulars! TTYL!
Old 04-19-2002, 12:38 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls
I have been superbad this week
3 nights off from study
tuesday I called my friend and he was in the bar for a drinnk as were some other friends of mine
so i went in joined the other friends my male friend came over and i went to sit with him a bit
then when i went back to say goodbye to my american friends and ahem stayed for a few rounds and got a free cd and tshirt
wednesday night we went to a musical and i ate 12 peices of a 20 peice nuggets from mickeyDs my very skinny friend ate a 1/4 pounder with cheese and the remaining 8 nuggets
Last night went to a lecture and the bar with my male friend and his friends he wasnt affectionate in front of them but he was more tactile with me i can't explain it but i had a good time and i dont know how many vodka and diet cokes tonight i might have the opportunity to go out I shouldnt but i might who knows gotta get SOMETHING done!

Lori! congrats and welcome back make sure to post some pics
Tonya i swear i wanna put a pic of you on my fridge and cupboards so that i dont stuff myself

Jess as per your Q i'm a girlie girl God help me
I feel alot better when im nicely done up not that i do it alot
but i'm much more concious about what i do when i look like a girl
Old 04-19-2002, 12:48 PM   #9  

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! My office is deserted today because it is BEAUTIFUL outside. I don't think I'm going to last much longer here. So I kind of already blew it today for my eating....people bring in bagels and donuts here on Fridays, which it complete torture. I had a bagel with lite cream cheese for breakfast - and I rip out all the extra bread inside so it's not too bad. But then I went in a couple hours late to get my baby carrots....and came out with another half bagel with cappucino cream cheese on it! I know it sounds wierd - that's why I just thought I'd take a little taste....but it was like heaven. It wasn't any worse than the other cream cheese I used, but still...I am already over my calories for the day if I do my usual drinking tonight. Grr, it's very frustrating how I sabotage myself!

Last night I did manage to do ok - I got there too late to eat any of the chips, and I ordered light beer instead of having the pitchers of margaritas with everyone else. I ate chicken fajitas with only meat, salsa and veggies. But....it all adds up when you have 4 tortillas, 5 beers and 2 shots of tequila. If I had been paying for it myself, I'm sure I would have had a bit less, especially on a Thursday - the tequila shots were $8 a pop I had a networking function before the dinner where I unconsiously ate some snacks and then had a bunch of those chocolate mints after dinner. Free food is definitely nice, but it's pure evil for people watching their weight

Jess, that book you mentioned sounds very interesting - I'll have to go pick it up. I'm kind of a girlie girl myself, and I've been wearing makeup every day since I was like 13 years old - probably younger. Didn't prevent me from gaining the weight though....

What is wrong with me, I just went and got a snack size candy bar out of a co-workers office in the middle of writing this post! Help!! Ok, I'm going to go put it back and get my salad out fo the fridge.

Lexxy
Old 04-19-2002, 03:04 PM   #10  
Running Babe

HOwdy All!

I got to do legal research today which is always fun, but I get the afternoon off so I'd thought I'd drop by and say hi. I have been so OP all week. I have been eating about 27 points a day which is good. I tried on a skirt I bought last summer and it fits fine (it's a big size 5, but hey I like that I can say its a size 5, even though in other stores it would be a size 7).

Lori: Congrats I am so envious, you were undoubtedly a beautiful bride

Lexxy: I had this whole Daria anti-girl complex in my teens, I still find it hard to be a girlie girl, but I do like clothes now and I do wear make-up so I guess I am finally turning into a girl

Jess: ITA, I also find wearing flattering clothes makes me feel sexy

KO: you know what? I haven't been to MickyDs in a year or so. I like their fries though and I admit, the occasionaly big mac is yummy! I should go one day.... I had KFC last Friday (though I had no fries and I only had the skin on one piece). Actually I think my next big indulgence will be a philly steak... yummy

Kay: How is the new job going anyway, congrats BTW!

Tonya: Congrats on being OP for the last little while!!!

Winter: I'd say have 1 drink and then stick with the diet soda or water! It's good to be social with your co-workers though, I went to lunch with mine last week and I did amazingly well for a restaurant lunch (and I got no snarky comments from what I ordered, some of my friends at school are nasty about the way I eat and I never comment about the way I eat or the way they eat).

Jess: I was ecstatic just to get under 210lbs.... You know what it is basically the anniversary of me weighing in at 256 lbs (4 years ago). I think part of the problem lays with the fact that a lot of slim women lie about their weights. I could probably get away with saying I weigh 125lbs, but I won't... what's the point.

Take Care Y'all!

Ali
Old 04-19-2002, 04:51 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals!

All ready for the weekend? I get to work tomorrow. Fortunately I have today off. I just got back from an awesome workout at the gym! I am actually starting to like it! I hope to go tomorrow after work but I'll have to see. I am super busy at work tomorrow. I am booked solid during my regular hours plus I am staying late because I had so many clients who wanted in tomorrow. I'll have to see how much energy I have left after all of those treatments. The other thing is I hate how busy it is on the weekend at the place where I workout. They cut their ours short so everyone has to make it in within the limited hours so its a little crowded. Oh well I can't change it so I'll just have to put up with it.

Lori, glad to see you back! Sounds like you had a great honeymoon! You'll have to share some pictures with us when you get a chance.

Winter, the site wouldn't let me in at all yesterday-so frustrating!

Lexxy, Do you remember me? We used to talk on one of the other threads when you first started coming to the site. Glad to hear you've lost so much! Keep it up girl!

Jess, I'm always game for a good read. Do you know what the author's name is?

Tonya. wtg with being so op! Keep it up & you'll see awesome results!

Kay, where are you two planning your trip for?

Kierie, sounds like your boy is a little confusing? Glad you had fun anyway! hope you manage to get something done today

Ali, that is so impressive that you haven't been to McD's in that long! I don't think you should go back. My stomach always feels upset after being so op & then eating their. Total shock to the system.

I am totally OP today which is good because last night I ate too much pizza & then ended up DQ with DF for Blizzards! I was way over points yesterday.

Still busy packing. I can't wait to have this move over with but on the other hand I'm freaking out because we're supposed to be ready to move next weekend! We've got way too much to do before then!!

Hope you all have a great OP weekend! Take care!

-Rina
Closed Thread