Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 12:37 PM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE - Open for Business 4-15-02

WELCOME EVERYONE to the PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ! We're open for business again...under new management! Feel welcome to enter the cafe, pull up a chair, kick off your shoes...and feel free to order a...bottle of nice cold sparkling water (or whatever else floats your boat cos goodness gracious some days we need something a little stronger) from the bartender and let's talk about the program. The program being...Weight Watchers...now if you're doing something else...another weightloss plan--fine; however, you'll probably find that Weight Watchers is discussed here.

I'd like to give y'all a little history about the beginning of the PINK FLAMINGO CAFE. This was a cafe...excuse me...a thread that was started about 3-4 years ago (time flies when you're having fun) by a lady by the name of Kathy. From what I remember the woman loved pink flamingos and there were a group of us that posted to each other who really had fun, getting to know each other...and helping each other to lose weight. For some reason (that I cannot remember) the cafe closed its doors but...now its back!

So...if you will join me...that would be wonderful!

About me. I've been going to WW for a long time. I've lost a lot of weight. Unfortunately I've gained a lot too. But with a fresh start on Saturday (which I will talk more about later) this is my last time I'll ever be joining WW again.

So...c'mon...have a seat...and let's get to know each other...

Gail

Last edited by GailR; 04-15-2002 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:08 PM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Hello

I remember the Cafe but never posted there. I would be happy to come visit often.

I will stop in later - got lunch time errands to run

Joyce
Old 04-15-2002, 01:15 PM   #3  

Hi Gail and Joyce...

I am here. My name is Pat. I just joined WW in Jan 2002. I wanted to start 2002 on the right foot, as well as a new life. It's a long story, but as I get so know everyone, (that don't know me), I will post more. With WW I have lost 12 lbs, and before starting WW had lost 13 lbs, so it's the grand total of 25 lbs I have lost and I am so happy and feel so much better, but I do have my moments that I need support and help with the program.
You will see me here as much as I have time to post.

Just got back for my 1 mile walk, well, little bit more than one mile. It's a warm, sunny day here in PA, had my bottle of water with me too.

Will be back later.... to everyone... come on in!

Pat
Old 04-15-2002, 01:46 PM   #4  

I just LOVE the color of this place! Pink was my childhood favorite color. Unfortunately as I grew and my weight alone with it, I tend to go for the darker colors. But I'm looking forward to lightening up in more ways than one.

I'm Christine and I've been trying to follow WW since September of '99. I've gone down then back up, NOW though ladies I'm starting on my way back down and I'm feeling good about that.

I definetly need people to talk program with because I find that it helps focus me. And it gives me that mental nudge when I reach for something bad. In order for me to reach my goal (which BTW, I haven't a clue as to what that might be just yet), I need to live and breathe and think about..the program.

I can mention two successful things I did today....I walked with Pat and when I went to the snack bar instead of getting junk food...I got....a yogurt. Full fat yogurt but worth the same points as a bag of junk food and better for me.

I'll be back....gonna go grab a bottle of water.

Old 04-15-2002, 02:11 PM   #5  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Monday afternoon

Hi Joyce, Pat and Christine!

Joyce, be sure to come back now...'kay?

Pat, you're doing wonderfully! 25 lbs. gone FORVER! <high five!> I miss walking. Thought I would never say that--ever since I fractured my foot and sprained my ankle I have to be really careful--doctor says its going to take 4-6 weeks for it to heal...and I'm into the second week. Gonna be a long 4-6 weeks for me! I look at my treadmill...and now I say "I'm sorry" to the treadmill when I pass it by!

Christine, you know what? I say our mission when we meet in June is to buy you a hot pink tee shirt of some kind! Good for you for walking today! <high-five!> Is it warm where you and Pat are? Cos its HOT here and tomorrow its supposed to get near 90! The air conditioning in this building had better be turned on! I don't do sweat while I work!

I probably need to explain about the re-joining on Saturday morning: My youngest daughter is going with me. We're going to bond on Saturday mornings! Both of us have be talking and we swear this IS IT--we're going to get to goal! Make lifetime! Together! However, I am on program and have been for the past 5 days straight--very proud of that I am!

Later!

Gail
Old 04-15-2002, 02:22 PM   #6  

Ok, I need a new avatar....I'm thinking something PINK! LOL Man I hate searching for those things.

Joyce - The former Pink Flamingo Club was before my time too. Hope you can come back soon!

Pat - Girl I am tired from that walk and my legs hurt.

Gail - I hope your daughter sticks with it this time. Yes it's warm out there...I have a fan running here at my desk right now and my fingers swelled up when I was walking from the heat. They've settled down a bit now. Oh yea a bright Pink t-shirt, neon even.

Does that mean I need to drink more water. I carried a bottle of water with me and had almost another one finished sitting on my desk. I'm drinking diet decaf tea right now and when I finish that little bit of water I'll have 6 in for the day. I'm thinking the summer months that I may have to increase this. Which of course means that I'll get re-acquainted with all the ladies room from here to there and back.
Old 04-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #7  
One Day At A Time

I'm back.........

I had to go to the bank. Paid some money on our college kid's credit card. He's in Fairbanks at the Univ of AK. Instead of us sending him money over that distance, we made arrangements with him to do it this way. Works out fairly well. I think we trust him enough to buy what he NEEDS and not just what he WANTS. Then bought a new t-shirt for a care package I'm fixing up for him. He wanted me to send all his Russian dictionaries that he left at home. He took 4 years in high school and now he's taking Russian again for college credits...... whew, I'm rambling.........

Well, I was typing this and I got a call from him.. He's got 2 hours more of daylight than we do and he wants to know why we are only about 7 minutes different in the morning and almost 2 hours in the evening. College kids

I stopped at Wendy's for lunch - 13 points. 6 for breakfast. 12 points left to max out. I can do it. Thank you you Sharon and Gail for the weekend help.

We can do this together.

I have to run - talked to ds too long.

Joyce
Old 04-15-2002, 03:07 PM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Yep, Christine, you're going to have to start drinking more water but that's really good as water will help you lose weight and will hydrate your complexion. You will look mahvalous, dahling! I'm not too savvy when it comes to avatars really...I would like to find a cute small pink flamingo...but where to go...I'll check that out later. DD#2 swears this is it for her. She will have about 30-40 lbs. to lose...maybe not even that much.

Gail
Old 04-15-2002, 03:10 PM   #9  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

You've most welcome Joyce! The three of us got each other through the weekend on program! <high-five!> Thank you for helping me! I think that is so sweet--a care package--I bet those are fun to prepare for your son. I have fallen in loooove with those new salads at Wendy's. I've found that I don't have to use the sour cream or eat the tortilla chips with the taco supremo salad. I only use 1/3 of the packet of the almonds and 1/2 of the dressing for the mandarin chicken salad--that really cuts the points down!

Gail
Old 04-15-2002, 03:39 PM   #10  

Ah Joyce that's a good question. Why is it different by that much? LOL Let's see I'm at 4+5+3+4=16 points for the day. I'm at the 28-33 point range so I have 12 to minimum. I think I can do this!

Gail - When I start looking for gif and icons and stuff like that I get all confused. Of course all the popups that come up disturb the heck out of me. I'm sure if you type in flamingo gif or something like that you'll come up with something. Wish I only had 30-40 pounds to lose. <sigh> But I will not let that get me down.....

Ok, it's about time I got ready to go home for the day. I'll check in later this evening. I've got to go to the grocery store and get something food in the house. I should make up a menu before I go. Gosh, things to do things to do.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:02 PM   #11  

Well Ladies, I have to work tonight... so, everyone have a wonderful evening... and drink that water.. I know I will be..

See you later, if not in the AM...

Pat
Old 04-15-2002, 04:14 PM   #12  
I will do it this time

Hi!

Can't stay. I just wanted to check in. On program. I don't have time to eat anyway. I will be going to w.w. tomorrow night. I will see how much damage I did over two weeks of awful. I have been very on program for the last week and believe I have lost 4 of the 5 or so gained.

Talk to you soon! I hope!

Sharon
Old 04-15-2002, 06:20 PM   #13  
One Day At A Time

Well, it's time to go home and prop my feet up with a glass of decaf iced tea and relax. HA Don't I wish. Gotta leave work so I can go home and work - but not very hard.

But I will stay OP. If I state that here I will keep to my promise.

I'll try to get on from home later tonight.

Have a good evening everyone
Old 04-15-2002, 06:38 PM   #14  

Pat - Don't work to hard. And btw, I liked what you said early today to me at work...about moving before vacation! Did you check that place out ?

Sharon - don't concentrate on the two weeks of being bad. Sounds like you already have a head start on going downward on those scales.

Joyce - Ah, yes diet decaf ice tea. My addiction. Truly it is. I have to watch myself on I'll drink nothing but ice tea. Today I got 2 bottles of water in and then a bottle of ice tea. I need something more now, just had ham for supper.

I'm at my minimum of 28 points right now. I might get some skinny cows at the store. Last week I saw that my store had the weight watcher ice cream sandwiches but they were like 30 cents more than skinny cows. This house needs food badly. Now to just make some good choices. At least I won't be going shopping while I'm hungry.
Old 04-15-2002, 07:51 PM   #15  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default Monday evening

Hi everyone!

Hey Christine, just got an idea for you! You need to buy a bag of Tootsie Roll pops! Yep, you just read that right--I'm telling you you need to buy candy! <don't shoot me yet--hear me out> They're 1 point a pop and I thought this would be a great fun snack food for you when you watched your son's baseball games! See? I'm always thinkin' 'bout ya'! Yeah...me too--wish all I had to lose was 30-40 lbs. But not going to think about that--just gonna start WW on Saturday. Hopefully, I'll be walking again too.

Joyce, we did good this weekend--didn't we? Still can't get over the fact that I was on program the whole entire weekend...with you and Sharon!

Sharon, now what have I told you about all work and no play?! You're going to do better than you think, Sharon when you weigh in tomorrow evening!

Gosh all these people who are workin' their butts off--Pat, take it easy, okay?

Just got an email from Judy--she's been here checkin' this place out--says she'll be here as soon as she can! to Judy!

I'm proud to say that I did not eat any of the 6 dozen plus homemade cookies that were brought into the office this morning! I AM IN CONTROL!

Later taters!

Gail
Closed Thread