3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for Halloween--October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/153023-thursday-chatters-halloween-october.html)

Tina 10-01-2008 10:31 PM

Thursday Chatters for Halloween--October

:haphal: Hello everyone,
If you are new here, we follow WW and want to be healthy.
You will find lots of support here. Give us a try!
:D

We are actually having Fall down here in TX. Hurricane Ike is almost a thing of the past. Out of the 2.1 million customers who were without power, only 2% still need help.
I can actually see my street, as of this evening! Blown down tree limbs and debris were piled up between the sidewalk and curb for two weeks. I'm so happy. And, I'll get some exercise raking the leaves that were left. :carrot:

I've been OP so far this week. My fingers and toes are crossed for a good loss tomorrow.

Everyone come on in and post something, please. :hug:
Tina
:witch:

auntie 10-01-2008 10:42 PM

I posted this on the weigh in thread.... so I just cut and pasted it here. oops :)

Thanks for starting us off Tina!!!

I know this is silly but I am stressing over having foot surgery next summer. Go figure, it's not like I don't have enough stuff to do between now and then. I don't even go back to the doctor until the end of the month. But I'm worried that I won't be healed by the time I have to go back to school next fall. My toe hardly even bends anymore but I can't have the surgery any earlier because of school and being off for 3 months.

Tina 10-01-2008 10:56 PM

Susan,
I do not think it's silly for you to worry about your surgery. :hug: It's a major deal for you. However, move it to the back of your mind for now!!!!! You know it will have to happen. But, you need to get your mind on something pleasant. (A little, very little, advice from Dr. Tina.)

Can you believe that this week is flying by so fast. Tomorrow, my sister and I are going to go see how Mother is doing. They moved her to a different unit at the nursing home. They have more people per "patient" and that will be much better. I don't go alone any more. It's just so hard to be there since her dementia is worse.

Have a good day tomorrow.

jar1965 10-02-2008 07:06 AM

Morning Ladies! Anyone doing any Halloween goals?

Tina - I hope you have a nice visit with your mom & sister! :hug:
Thanks for getting us started for this new beautiful fall month! I'm glad the clean up from IKE is getting done.

Sweetkam - I loved your mirror poem. I saved it in hard copy! I think it is one I'll read over again and share with my friends too! I hope your weightloss is going well!

Susan - Hi! I agree with "Dr. Tina".........try to put your foot surgery on the back burner for now. I also agree that you can't help worrying about it. But.......it's tooooo soon! AND JUST THINK of the relief you are going to get!:hug::hug:

Tammy - Hi! How's Maurice? I hope things are going good for you! :hug:

A big shout out to Dori, Maureen, & Cakebatter! I hope you gals are ok! Hey out to anyone I may have missed!

Well I am not feeling good! That gosh darn diverticulosis!!!! Grrrrrrrr. I have noticed when I have an occurance it usually lasts about 5 - 10 days - so I should be on the down side now! I'm going to go WI and post on the WI thread. I'm not feeling it, but ...... we'll see! *It's hard to keep a high fiber LOW POINT diet!

Hugs~
jeanne

jar1965 10-02-2008 02:21 PM

I finally found a fall avatar!!!!! DON'T BLINK.........as often as I change them!

Tina 10-02-2008 02:36 PM

Jeanne, I love it!!!!!

sweetkam 10-02-2008 11:07 PM

HEY! I am soooo excited about october because it brings us closer to the snow while being absolutely beautiful outside! which means i can still bike outside and go trailing! hopefully i will be able to go on a hike on saturday. :running:

Have a good op rest of the week/weekend!

Tina 10-04-2008 05:09 PM

Happy Weekend,
Grrr..... I wrote a very long post but it's not here!!!!!:mad:
Sometimes I think my computer has a mind of its own and doesn't like me. :lol:
Jeanne, I'm so sorry you've been feeling bad. Has that special diet helped any?
Susan, I hope you aren't stressing out this weekend. BTW, did Pat ever see his neurologist?
Tammy, how is little Maurice? More importantly, how are you doing? We really, really miss you!!!:^:
Dori, where are you girl?
Kam, did you take that hike today? It's beautiful weather right now.
CakeBatter, did you leave us for another thread. :(

Maureen, we miss hearing from you and wonder how things are. Please let us know when your move is scheduled. We could all come help you pack. :D

:flow1:

maureen kempster 10-04-2008 05:10 PM

Hi everyone-I honestly think I'm nuts-I've decided against moving back east-I just don't feel comfortable about being able to get a job there-the economic situation right now isn't the best and I don't think we've seen the end of it yet-so I think I'll play it safe and stay where I have a job and the people don't want me to go-my two grown sons are just going to have to learn to grow up-one just told me that once he gets his things from my apartment he'll consider me dead-oh well! I told him when he grows up I'll be happy to talk to him-
On a cheerier note-I got a 5 month old cocker spaniel female-she's all black and I need some suggestions for a name-any help will be appreciated. My two cats aren't too thrilled right now but I'm sure they'll come around.

When I decided to move I sold a lot of my furniture so now I have to buy some-I am looking forward to that.
As for sticking to program-it's not happening-I've got to get into another frame of mind here and get serious

I hope you all have a super day

thanks for being here
maureen

maureen kempster 10-04-2008 05:11 PM

Tina-I think our messages must have crossed each other!!

Tina 10-04-2008 05:16 PM

Maureen, you're right. We were posting at the same time.
What is with your son? I'm sorry that's the way it is. Do they both know that you're staying?
Getting new furniture will be fun.
I totally understand not wanting to move when you don't have a job there. Everything is out of whack right now.
I know----we can come help you buy furniture. :):):)
About the puppy's name, I've never had dogs so I'm not the one to offer a name. I'm not sure if your cats will ever appreciate you buying a dog. :lol:
:flow1:

maureen kempster 10-04-2008 05:35 PM

My sons still think I'm going and that's the way I'm going to leave it for now-

Ladybug2680 10-04-2008 06:15 PM

Hello ladies. It's been so long since I posted. Things are still about the same. Most days I feel very overwhelmed. I feel as though I need to go somewhere quiet and have a a real good cry and them maybe everything will be better. I often wonder if things will ever get better. I know I must have faith, but I'm not sure I'm even capable of having some.

As far as being OP, I'm not. Like Maureen said I need to get in a new mindset and get serious with.

Next weekend is my 10 year reunion and I must say I'm very nervous about going due to the amount of weight I have gained. I'm sure things will be fine though.

I'll try to post more often.

auntie 10-04-2008 10:12 PM

Hi All,
We spent the day at the Texas State Fair. I wanted to do something where my mind would be preoccupied. Four years ago today, my one and only child passed away. He was 2 months and 24 days old. I did pretty good most of the day but it was strange I knew when it was the exact time. Tears started flowing but I just kept going. We did have a fun day! Which is what I wanted and I know my son would want!

Tina, how was the visit with your mother? I'm glad you don't go alone.

Tammy, Have you put Maurice down yet? He sure is a cutie!!!

Maureen, want us to come up and have a little chat with your sons? We will!!! :) As for a name for you new puppy.... I'll have to think.

Dori, I can promise you that there will be alot of people who have gained weight and or have lost hair. Go and have a good time!!! I promise you will come back going Oh my gosh!!!!

Jeanne, how are you feeling?

Tina 10-04-2008 10:24 PM

My dear Susan,
I didn't realize that today was the day. :hug:
I'm glad y'all went to the fair.
Love you,
Tina :hug: