Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 08:31 PM   #46  
Susan

Hi Again,

Tina, if you eat the whole thing of butter popcorn, then you can count if for me. That's my favorite thing about the movies!!! Let me know how the movie is.... I was wondering about it.

Susan
Old 05-28-2002, 01:06 AM   #47  
Thursday Team

Susan that's a bummer about you not being able to finish out the school year. I'm sure your Dr knows best though, and you do want to heal up. Join the club Susan, my body is falling apart too.. and just like you I was hoping it would be healthier by 40. Sorry to hear you will have to have knee surgery though.

I'm taking off for vacation on June 1, it'll only be about 4 days. My kid is getting excited about it. She has her 2 suit cases packed already... 1 for the real vacation, and 1 for the sleep over at her aunts for 3 days prior to vacation. I told her she needed to pack this evening (Mon night) as I wont be able to do it Tue. I've decided to get another cortisone shot in my heel... ouchy ouchy... still have that heel spur...and I've tried soooo many different heel and arch inserts with no help.

Hey Tina I have some yard work you can do too My idea of a great yard is to pour cement every where!! LOL. Sounds like you've been having nice weather...nice and hot if it was in the 90's. Hope you enjoyed your movie.

Tammy enjoy your trip to Michigan. When in June are you going? I vote we all go to the Mall of Am.....and have a shopping party!!

Well its getting late... have a good week all...Dee
Old 05-30-2002, 11:22 PM   #48  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,
About the movie-----it wasn't what I expected. The trailer made it seem to be a true comedy. I'm talking about About A Boy
It had several very serious scenes in it and a message. It was all British which made some words difficult to understand or know what they meant. All in all, it was an "okay" movie.

Dee & everyone----I'm out of the yardwork business. I recruited my sore throat and cold. No more sweating and working outside for hours at a time. Today my throat is okay but I'm still tired.

Tomorrow I go to a memorial service for an old friend. He died of lung cancer. He and my father were great friends. Now, they're both gone. I don't look forward to the service.

Got to get to bed.

Susan & Tammy---Happy Summer

Tina
Old 06-02-2002, 06:46 PM   #49  
Thursday Lady

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. What are you doing?
As for me---after church, we went out for Chinese food. Very good. Our son went also and that made it fun. He's 28 but still enjoys being with his parents once in awhile.

I haven't seen a lot of headway weight-wise. I'm hoping for a loss this week.

I bet Dee is having a blast on her vacation.

How is everyone doing?

Tina
Old 06-02-2002, 08:42 PM   #50  

Hi all! I don't know what I've been doing that I haven't posted for a while. Don't get on here that much. Maybe when school is out I'll have more time to remember it!! LOL

I have been hungry for Chinese food. Bob likes it too, so maybe we'll need to go out some night for it.

I've never heard of About A Boy. We've watched some movies here at home lately: As Good as it Gets, Harry Potter, and Oh, Brother Where Art Thou.

We are leaving for Michigan on the 23rd. Another teacher and her family are leaving the same day for the same town! There are 2 motels between ours. Talk about weird!

My b-day was May 8, and I was 47!!!!!!!! I've been falling apart for years!!! Susan OUCH again about the surgery. What a pain!! Sorry you are missing the end of school. I missed the last day last year because of my aunt's funeral. It was hard not being there for the kids.

Dee, have you tried Birkenstock shoes for the heel spur? Since I have been wearing those, I rarely have any heel pain. It is worth the money to get them. In fact, I just ordered a pair yesterday from Birkentock Central online. They run specials every now and then.

I'm hoping that once school is out, I'll get into a better schedule for eating and walking. Weight is the same as it has been for ages. Sometimes I wonder why I bother/worry about it!!!!

Take care gang! 2 more days with students!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 08:16 AM   #51  
Susan

Howdy,

I'm doing good. I'm now getting around slowy but getting around. I'm using 1 crutch and sometimes none but only at home. On the 2 or 3 occasions that I've gotten out, I've used both.

I actually get to drive today. For my first official outting will be to get a manicure and pedicure. Of course, I'm going to have to run by McDonald's for a sausage mc muffin. It's been calling my name.

Tina, lunch sounded like fun! My folks love it when one of their kids are with them, and in Heaven when we are all at home! Chinese is one of my favorite. Glad your sore throat is better!

Tammy, have fun with the kids!! These 2 days will fly by!! That is weird about your vacation. Where are you going? I can't remember if you said.

Dee, did you have fun on your vacation? What all did you buy?

Don't worry, I'm right there with ya'll on the weight. I did pretty good when I couldn't really get up and eat. However, now I'm struggling and next week, I'm going to be in Galveston for 3 days. It's for a workshop but I can promise I won't be worried about my food.

Just wanted to let ya'll know, that I'm really thankful that I've got you guys! You are the best!!!!

Have a great day!!
Susan
Old 06-03-2002, 10:17 AM   #52  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday to everyone!

Tammy--I KNOW you are ready for school to be out. That is weird about your vacation and the friends. Have a great first few days of summer vacation---starting on Wednesday, is that right?

Susan, Congratulations, girl I know you are soooooo glad to get out and run wild in your car. Oooooh, I might have to go get a manicure. I don't like them fooling with my toes, though. I've had a couple of pedicures in my lifetime and wasn't impressed.

I don't think Dee is back yet. However, if you are---- fill us in on everything!

I have so much energy for a Monday morning. I'm going to clean house before it all goes away. Hey, that's calorie burning, isn't it!

Tina
P.S.
Happy Belated Birthday to Tammy, Happy Birthday to Tammy, And many more!
Old 06-03-2002, 01:33 PM   #53  
Susan

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Tammy...........
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!

And many more!!!!!!!!!!

Susan
Old 06-03-2002, 10:39 PM   #54  

You guys sang great harmony on the birthday song!! Thanks! LOL

We will be going to Mackinaw City, Michigan. This is the 3rd summer in a row that we have gone there. Think we like it?????

I have a teacher work day on Wed. I'm sure that I will still be working in my room on Thursday and possibly Friday. I need to go through my file cabinet and desk drawers and throw things out.

I had some kids do a couple bulletin boards for me today. I'll cover them so the sun won't fade them over the summer. That saves time in August when we go back.

I picked Tim up from basketball open gym a while ago. It is hot. It was still 90 degrees and it was 9:30. Tomorrow will not be a pleasant day in the classroom I'm sure. Shorts for everyone!!!

Take care everyone!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:40 AM   #55  

Talking I'm Back...

Hi all,

Tina, its so nice that you remembered me. I will try to get on this thing more often but lately I dont seem to have enough hours left at the end of the day. Not sure what I am filling them up with but....they are all used up.

Tammy, I am a teacher as well. We go here right till the end of June. Thats 18 more school days and 10 with students. I teach Resource Room special Education so I shut down at the same time as the High School has their last day before finals. I am looking forward to the end of school. There's so much to do and Im having ahard time getting motivated to do it.

Everyone else; I will read your postings more from now on and comment back to you. Right now I have read them but my mind is swimming with all the info and Im not sure I have all the names.

We've had a lousy spring here...very cold and NOO rain. Things are quickly reaching desperation point here. Anyone reading this...please send rain this way.

I have been busy doing some major landscaping. I've cut away sod and turned it into flower and shrub borders. I love to garden and hopefully soon....things will be blooming....Right now things are very slow....and only one or two are blooming.

Tina get after me if I go MIA again.
Later all

Kady
Old 06-04-2002, 11:58 AM   #56  

Talking I'm Back...

Hi all,

Tina, its so nice that you remembered me. I will try to get on this thing more often but lately I dont seem to have enough hours left at the end of the day. Not sure what I am filling them up with but....they are all used up.

Tammy, I am a teacher as well. We go here right till the end of June. Thats 18 more school days and 10 with students. I teach Resource Room special Education so I shut down at the same time as the High School has their last day before finals. I am looking forward to the end of school. There's so much to do and Im having ahard time getting motivated to do it.

Everyone else; I will read your postings more from now on and comment back to you. Right now I have read them but my mind is swimming with all the info and Im not sure I have all the names.

We've had a lousy spring here...very cold and NOO rain. Things are quickly reaching desperation point here. Anyone reading this...please send rain this way.

I have been busy doing some major landscaping. I've cut away sod and turned it into flower and shrub borders. I love to garden and hopefully soon....things will be blooming....Right now things are very slow....and only one or two are blooming.

Tina get after me if I go MIA again.
Later all

Kady
Old 06-04-2002, 12:05 PM   #57  
Thursday Lady

Kady, Welcome Back!!!!!
You were not forgotten!!!!!
You sound very industrious with all that gardening. You've used a lot of calories. How are you doing weight-wise?

I'm hoping for the scales to turn in my favor this week. I haven't done an "official" weigh in in ages. Guess it's time.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Tina
Old 06-04-2002, 12:08 PM   #58  

Thumbs down

Tina

Weight wise I'm still plodding along. Last Wednesday at WI I was down 44.2 lbs ( I started this Jan 2) . I am thrilled with my progress and hope to continue for a long time. I'm only about 40% of the way there.

I hope WI tomorrow will show a loss so I can get a 5 lb star and be on the way to a 50Lb loss....I really would like to be there by end of June.

How's the weight loss for everyone else going?

Kady
Old 06-04-2002, 03:48 PM   #59  
Susan

Hi Gang,

Welcome back, Kady!! I can't believe ya'll go until the end of June! Boo!!! I know how hard it is with special ed kids towards the end of the year. Great job on your weight loss!! We all need your motivation!!

Tammy, I figured that is where you were going!! I have to make it up there someday! Have fun on your trip!! Smart idea about the bulletin boards. That will make August much easier. I'm not ready to think that far ahead yet.

Tina, I'm going to be in Galveston next Tuesday - Thursday. I'm going down for a workshop!

I'm not weighing in this week. I need to get focused and start working hard at it again.

Have a great day!!
Susan
Old 06-04-2002, 03:53 PM   #60  

Angry

Autie/Susan

Yes, we go right to the bitter end, and yes for the students that I work with , it is over. They have worked extremely hard all year and this time of year is very hard for them. They need a break. Usually I plan fun type, learning activities this month.

Taking a break to get focused on the loss sounds like a good plan. We need to stop and refocus every now and then.and then continue to our goal.

Kady
Closed Thread