Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 08:26 AM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous 40's #122

Hello my friends

I am starting a new thread since ours has gotten to page 6 already! How is the Spring Challange going with y'all? I have to admit, mine is not doing so good. I am blaming it on having an out of town guest but that is lame, I know. She leaves tomorrow so I am really ready to get on track.

Well, I'm off to work for a few hours......working only until 11:45am. Have a great Wednesday and I hope everyone is staying OP for your Spring Challange.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:43 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

It's finally beginning to look like spring here....they're promising us temps in the upper 60's in the next few days. And after a week of rain and clouds, the sun is shining.

This evening is the Paul McCartney concert We're heading into the city early, at about 4, in order to get downtown during rush hour madness. In Chicago the expressway is a nightmare at that time of day. We're going to have burgers at Billy Goat, which was immortalized in the old Saturday Night Live skit with John Belushi...."cheezborger cheezborger cheezborger" (but the restaurant is nicer) ...then head over to the United Center for the 8 p.m. concert.

Yes, I know burgers aren't OP, but today I'm splurging!
While I did skip weighing in on Saturday, I've been noticing some changes in how my clothes are fitting.....was able to wear jeans that had been too tight, and my favorite ring fits again. If the scale doesn't show a loss, at least I know I'm losing some inches.

I don't like posting and not addressing other's posts, but am in a hurry, lots of errands to run this morning, then have to cram and get homework done this afternoon. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

~Jen
Old 04-10-2002, 06:00 PM   #3  

Angry

Hello Girls

Zoe, once your niece leaves YOU MUST get back on track. Spring is here & we have a challenge ahead of us. Come join us.

Jen, by the time you read this message you'll be on your way to the concert. Have a great time. I know you've been looking forward to it. When my clothes feel a little baggie I don't care what the scale says. I always go by my clothes.

Pogo, I would love living by the beach. There's something about the sound of waves that relaxes me. I live close to a marina. In the summer people go fishing & there's a board walk. We bring our beach chairs & just hang out there for a couple of hours. It's peaceful.

Janie, congrats on your loss. You're almost there. That must be the such a great feeling. To know that you're close to goal.

Well, let me go eat my dinner & watch my soaps. I'm taking the day off from exercising today.

Till tomorrow.

Love,
Es
Old 04-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #4  

Smile

Janie, I went back to read your post. Are you at goal? What's the middle number?
Old 04-10-2002, 11:34 PM   #5  

Hello ladies, just stopped by for a quick hello. I went for a post surgery check-up today, the doc says that walking will help the stomach muscles around my incision to heal. So tomorrow I will WALK!!!!

JANIE, congrats on the 2 lbs. That is so awesome. I would die to be a size 8!! I know I'll get there eventually, but it gets so frustrating at times.

JEN, have fun at the concert. Let us know how wonderful it was.

ES, how is your week?

Well, I'm gonna check in with the chat room, then off to bed.

I'll check in tomorrow,

RUTH
Old 04-11-2002, 05:03 AM   #6  

Angry

RUTH, happy to hear you're much better. Please don't push yourself with walking. A little at a time. My week was okay. I lost 3.8 last week but this week I don't feel like I lost. Oh well.<sigh> We gotta take the good with the bad right?

Be back later

Hugs,
Es
Old 04-11-2002, 08:03 AM   #7  

Morning Everyone,

Hey Es, isn't it funny how when you feel like you've had an awesome week and expect to loose the pounds, you've really gained or stayed the same?

And then some weeks, you think you've been off the wall with your eating, you weigh-in - and there is a big loss?

I just can't figure it out sometimes. This week I feel terrific. I walked last night and as I walked home I was thinking "I feel thin!"

So, I'll have to wait til Friday to check this out.

Have a good day!
Old 04-11-2002, 12:18 PM   #8  

Angry It's Essie

Hi Girls

Pogo, you're so right about some weeks gaining & some losing. Can't figure it out. You're exactly where I'd love to be. I felt good at 155. It seems so much harder for me now but I won't give up. Keep up the good work

Jen, how was the concert?

Dianne, Amiga, how are you?

Myra, we miss you. Stop by & say hi

Well, gotta go. I'll be back later.

Es
Old 04-11-2002, 12:46 PM   #9  

Ruth,
I am glad that you are feeling better. I must tell you that the gas pain thing must be cyber-contagious because I was doubled over with pain last night. I am feeling better this morning but not 100% yet. Tonight is girls night out with ELlen, so I am hoping that I will be back to normal by then.

Es,
I am sorry if I confused you. I am never sure which is the right order to put those numbers. My starting weight last July was 179, my current weight is 147 and my goal is 143. ANd yes it is very exciting to be almost there but I have been wavering around 148 +2 lbs since January. It is quite frustrating. My girlfriend who is also doing WW said I should just change my goal but there are still some clothes that I want to wear that are a little tight.

Dianne and Sandy,
How are your moms? Please keep us informed, and don't forget to take care of yourselves.

Myra,
I know this is a busy time for you but remember that we are thinking of you.

Jen,
I hope you had a good time at the concert. It sounds like a great one.

Terry,
Are you still out there? We miss you.

Hi to Pogo, Zoe, 40x40, and anyone else that I might have forgotten.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 04-12-2002, 07:30 AM   #10  

Thumbs down

Hello

Thank God It's Friday!!!!!! I love Fridays. I guess cause I'm off.

JanieD, you are so thin. What I would give to be 147! I was 148 14 yrs. ago & had a small waist & I was 33 yrs. old. Back then it was very easy for me to lose weight. Now, forget about it. I hope you're feeling better today.

I have an 11:45 drs. appt. for my cholesterol blood results. I'll keep you all posted.

Have a great day ladies.

Love,
Es

:sheep:
Old 04-12-2002, 07:51 AM   #11  

Well, I was just finishing up a long post - and then it disappeared and my AOL shut me out. I'm back, but can't stay long.

I'm happy it's Friday too! We have Monday off because it is Patriots' Day in Massachusetts. It is also the Boston Marathon. No, I'm not running. Never have. Probably never will. Never say never....

So, enjoy the weekend everyone!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:45 PM   #12  

Essie,
I am feeling somewhat better today, thanks for asking. I probably would be completely fine except that Ellen and I had girls night out last night. Since she is doing a report in school on Thailand, she decided she wanted Thai food. My guts weren't quite ready for the spiciness of Thai but I went anyway because I didn't want to spoil her enthusiasm. I paid for it afterwards but the food tasted great. Didn't eat very much, we brought alot of it home. Then when we got home (around 7:30) we both got into our pjs and climbed into my bed and read stories. Poor Steve had to carry her back to her bed again when he got home.

Pogo,
Where in MA do you live? I may have told you this before but Steve and I both used to work in Cambridge and lived in Arlington Heights. That would have been from 1984-1989. There are many thinks I miss about the Boston area but the weather is not one of them. I'll take northern CA mild winters any day.

Happy Friday to everyone!!
As usual we've had a beautiful week and now the forcast is rain for the weekend. Oh well, maybe I'll get some cleaning and quilting done this weekend.

Hugs to all,
JanieD
Old 04-12-2002, 01:32 PM   #13  

Thumbs up Weigh -in !

Hi Everyone,

Janie, I live in Quincy - just south of Boston. It's warming up a little bit today.

I just got back from weighing in and my theory was proved correct again - unfortunately. I did gain a pound. I will ponder this over the weekend - and continue walking. I'm tying to remain positive. Just had a salad and a half cup of veggie chili and water.

I'll let you all know how many miles I walk over the weekend. Now I'm going to sip some tea.

Talk to you all later.
Old 04-12-2002, 03:49 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi girls,

I couldn't get into the message board yesterday but today everything seems fine.

The concert was GREAT! Paul had so much energy, he performed for more than 2 hours, 36 songs....lots of Beatles tunes. And at the age of 59, he's looking verrry good.

On Tuesday I went into the city to say good-bye to my older sister, who moved to Arkansas yesterday It's a good move for her, but will be difficult for all of us. She's got 6 daughters and 13 grandchildren here.......I foresee lots of road trips between Chicago and Arkansas!

I'm heading out for a walk before it rains.....

later,
~Jen
Old 04-12-2002, 09:25 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi You's guys

Our out of town guest is now gone and I'm back on track. I was so, so, SO bad with my eating while she was here, always out and about, eating and eating and eating. Did we just HAVE to take her to all the great spots here in the DFW area. Anyway, I got myself together yesterday ~ even got on the scale. Holy Cow, I was 1/2 pound away from slitting my throat!!! I feel great though, really have been good for 2 days now. We went to El Chico's tonight and I had just a few chips but I had a taco salad which I don't think is TOO bad. The beans in it are high in fiber and I used hot sauce instead of salad dressing. I think that was ok. I'm trying to just cut back instead of saying the "D" word.

Tomorrow is our company golf tournament. We have one twice a year ~ the only time I ever play. So I will be up and out early. It should be fun.

Have a great weekend ~ talk to you's guys tomorrow.
Closed Thread